Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? (12843 Views)

Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion / Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:54pm On Nov 30, 2017
BERNIMOORE:
when 2 Or three are gathered am there, who is the church? Building or brethren? answer please

NO MIND THEM, THEY HAVE TURNED THE CHURCH OF CHRIST JESUS TO A BUILDING MADE WITH BRICKS AND MORTALS.
Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by analize701: 9:58pm On Nov 30, 2017
bloodofthelamb:

NO MIND THEM, THEY HAVE TURNED THE CHURCH OF CHRIST JESUS TO A BUILDING MADE WITH BRICKS AND MORTALS.

What is your point? because we pay tithe that has amounted to us turning the Church to a building? Why not be objective in presenting your mind?
Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by MuttleyLaff: 9:58pm On Nov 30, 2017
petra1:
That was only an aspect of Abraham tithing. That doesn’t mean he did it only once.
ROTBL, unfortunately, it does mean, he tithed only once

petra1:
Did Jacob fight a war to be a tither
Nope, Jacob did take up arms to fight battles or war
so Jacob had no reason to carry out the custom tithe, that his grandfather Abraham did

petra1:
Genesis 28:21-22
. . .all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.
9And so to speak, Levi, who collects the tenth, paid the tenth through Abraham.
10For when Melchizedek met Abraham, Levi was still in the loin of his ancestor.…

- Hebrews 7-9-10

If you in tune with Hebrews 7-9-10 properly, the penny will drop concerning Genesis 28:21-22
that just as Levi could give tithe whilst in Abraham's loin
so will the Israelites, whilst in Jacob's loins, will 430 years plus later, be taking up arms to fight to win the Promise land
and later on be giving tithes, hence Jacob isnt personally giving tithe but is giving tithe as a nation

petra1:
Tithe is simply 10th of what God has blessed you with
Let's please tread softly ooo
Petra1, please is its only God that asks for the 10th
Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by analize701: 10:03pm On Nov 30, 2017
bloodofthelamb:

WHO MADE THAT LAW?

WHY DID THE HOLY SPIRIT OMIT SUCH AN IMPORTANT DOCTRINE, THAT WILL KEEP AWAY THE DEVOURER AWAY FROM THE NEW TESTAMENT OF GRACE?
Did He? Why did he talk about it in Hewbrews Chpt 7?

Was the Holy Spirit's intent there to teach us about the eternal priesthood of Christ? Why then did He mention Tithing?

Or was He trying to let us know that in this new dispensation, our tithing obligation has changed from the Levitical Priesthood to Christly Priesthood which is forever?

Pls do not be abrasive, just calm down lets talk
Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by MuttleyLaff: 10:13pm On Nov 30, 2017
analize701:
I thanked him because I could not have answered any better than he did. So, yes, i agree with him

analize701:
So, let's do what the Bereans did. lol
OK, then we have to first, establish who was Hebrews written?
Why was Hebrews written to these particular and peculiar people?
What was Paul trying to acheive with writing in detail and at a persuasive length?

analize701:
The last time i checked, the Holy Spirit was given to the Church, not a race of a particular group of persons or an individual
The Holy Spirit pours into the capacity put out for it to pour into

analize701:
I decided not to read those threads So pls, Lets talk as Christians here.
I was just saying, those that know, know that Hebrews 7 has been thrashed and thoroughly fleshed out numerous times here
as in the course of the countless tithe healthy dialogues and conversations, Hebrews 7 has always cropped up

Posters over the years, have talked over thoroughly, this tithe topic,
of which views or arguments put forward concerning taxed, obligatory or imposition tithe no longer holds water
All in order to reach all, so all reach a good decision and/or better understanding of giving

analize701:
If Hebrews 7 is not about Tithing pls tell me why you thing it was brought in there
Very good question.
It is about recognition, considerable or worthwhile repute
You're so doggedly stuck in your ways, I am not sure you're ready for this or prepared to face truth
Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by bloodofthelamb(m): 10:30pm On Nov 30, 2017
analize701:

Did He? Why did he talk about it in Hewbrews Chpt 7?

Was the Holy Spirit's intent there to teach us about the eternal priesthood of Christ? Why then did He mention Tithing?

Or was He trying to let us know that in this new dispensation, our tithing obligation has changed from the Levitical Priesthood to Christly Priesthood which is forever?

Pls do not be abrasive, just calm down lets talk

PAUL WAS HIGHLIGHTING HOW THE PRIESTHOOD OF CHRIST JESUS WAS BETTER AND SUPERIOR THAN THE LEVITICAL PRIESTHOOD TO HIS READERS.

THERE IS NO WHERE HE ASKED BELIEVERS TO BRING THE TENTH OF OUR BLESSING TO CHRIST OUR HIGH PRIEST... DON'T MISQUOTE THE INTENTIONS OF APOSTLE PAUL.
Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by analize701: 10:32pm On Nov 30, 2017
MuttleyLaff:

What was Paul trying to acheive with writing in detail and at a persuasive length?

I was just saying, those that know, know that Hebrews 7 has been thrashed and thoroughly fleshed out numerous times here
as in the course of the countless tithe healthy dialogues and conversations, Hebrews 7 has always cropped up

of which views or arguments put forward concerning taxed, obligatory or imposition tithe no longer holds water
All in order to reach all, so all reach a good decision and/or better understanding of giving

Very good question.
You're so doggedly stuck in your ways, I am not sure you're ready for this or prepared to face truth
Who said i'm stuck on my ways? I need us have a discussion using the scriptures before us. I must not accept what you'd say and vise versa, but that doesn't stop us from having a discussion which will benefit someone.
Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by bloodofthelamb(m): 10:36pm On Nov 30, 2017
analize701:

What is your point? because we pay tithe that has amounted to us turning the Church to a building? Why not be objective in presenting your mind?

RE-READ THE COMMENT I QUOTED, AND ALSO RE-READ THE COMMENT THAT THE PERSON I QUOTED, QUOTED.

THEN YOU WILL UNDERSTAND MY QUOTE.
Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by plainbibletruth: 10:38pm On Nov 30, 2017
analize701:

Who said i'm stuck on my ways? I need us have a discussion using the scriptures before us. I must not accept what you'd say and vise versa, but that doesn't stop us from having a discussion which will benefit someone.

It is interesting that rather than CLEARLY express Biblical reasons to show why and how tithing is still required of the New Covenant believer today all that the pro-tithers and the pastors in particular do is to either attack the messenger rather than focus on the message.

This whole thing is revealing the Spirits of these 'men of God'.

Today's tithing goes contrary to everything the biblically recorded practice show.

- the poor received tithe and never tithed in Israel but today's pastors PUSH the poor to tithe.
- the priesthood in Israel RECEIVED the the tithes but today's royal priests are the ones being emotionally manipulated to tithe.

The list can go on and on and on.

In spite of the fact that there is no New Testament command to continue or even modify tithing in line with the New Covenant, today's pastors have come up with their own CONCOCTED type of tithing found NO WHERE in the Bible.

The New Covenant is SUPERIOR TO ANY OTHER one, whether pre-law or under the Law, therefore it is the New Covenant that should give VALIDITY to past laws or principles.

Where the New Covenant VALIDATES anything of the OLD it stands. Where it does not validate anything of the old there such a thing is not binding on the Christian.

There is no validation for tithing in the New Covenant

2 Likes

Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by analize701: 10:40pm On Nov 30, 2017
bloodofthelamb:

PAUL WAS HIGHLIGHTING HOW THE PRIESTHOOD OF CHRIST JESUS WAS BETTER AND SUPERIOR THAN THE LEVITICAL PRIESTHOOD TO HIS READERS.

THERE IS NO WHERE HE ASKED BELIEVERS TO BRING THE TENTH OF OUR BLESSING TO CHRIST OUR HIGH PRIEST... DON'T MISQUOTE THE INTENTIONS OF APOSTLE PAUL.
I'm very sorry, but the shouting makes me dizzy. Can you drop your upper case keys?

Why did he begin by talking about Tithe and who collected it?

He talked about the higher collecting tithes from the lower, and bringing in Melchizedek as a High Priest forever who took Tithes, then put Christ in the same eternal office of the Priest.

Why was it necessary for the Holy Spirit to talk about it here? Do you think that if it was just about the Priesthood of Jesus being better than that of Levi, the Holy Spirit wouldn't have just gone straight to talk about it without mentioning Tithe and who should collect it?

Why was it mentioned is my question?.

The Bible says all scriptures are meant for instruction, correction, teachings and rebuke. What teaching, or instruction or correction was this meant for?

1 Like

Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by MuttleyLaff: 10:40pm On Nov 30, 2017
analize701:
Who said i'm stuck on my ways?
Prove me wrong then

analize701:
I need us have a discussion using the scriptures before us
That is exactly what I am doing,
That is exactly what I intend to do
That is exactly what I will be doing

analize701:
I must not accept what you'd say and vise versa,
but that doesn't stop us from having a discussion which will benefit someone.
I will accept what and all you say
but you can bet your bottom dollar that I will examine or inspect closely and thoroughly every word of them

I earlier remarked: "It is about recognition, considerable or worthwhile repute"
I know you scratched your head over that statement

1 Like

Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by analize701: 10:45pm On Nov 30, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Prove me wrong then

That is exactly what I am doing,
That is exactly what I intend to do
That is exactly what I will be doing

I will accept what and all you say
but you can bet your bottom dollar that I will examine or inspect closely and thoroughly every word of them

I earlier remarked: "It is about recognition, considerable or worthwhile repute"
I know you scratched your head over that statement
Fine by me @bolded.

Go ahead considerations, that's why we are here. lol.
Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by analize701: 10:50pm On Nov 30, 2017
plainbibletruth:

It is interesting that rather than CLEARLY express Biblical reasons to show why and how tithing is still required of the New Covenant believer today all that the pro-tithers and the pastors in particular do is to either attack the messenger rather than focus on the message.

This whole thing is revealing the Spirits of these 'men of God'.

Today's tithing goes contrary to everything the biblically recorded practice show.

- the poor received tithe and never tithed in Israel but today's pastors PUSH the poor to tithe.
- the priesthood in Israel RECEIVED the the tithes but today's royal priests are the ones being emotionally manipulated to tithe.

The list can go on and on and on.

In spite of the fact that there is no New Testament command to continue or even modify tithing in line with the New Covenant, today's pastors have come up with their own CONCOCTED type of tithing found NO WHERE in the Bible.

The New Covenant is SUPERIOR TO ANY OTHER one, whether pre-law or under the Law, therefore it is the New Covenant that should give VALIDITY to past laws or principles.

Where the New Covenant VALIDATES anything of the OLD it stands. Where it does not validate anything of the old there such a thing is not binding on the Christian.

There is no validation for tithing in the New Covenant
Did you read my OP? Pls read it all then come lets discuss my Op.

pls do not bring in the aggression stirred up from somewhere here.

No insults, no calling of names, discuss the Op pls.

My focus is X-Raying the intent of the Holy Spirit behind Hebrews 7
Let's discuss it.
Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by analize701: 10:52pm On Nov 30, 2017
bloodofthelamb:

RE-READ THE COMMENT I QUOTED, AND ALSO RE-READ THE COMMENT THAT THE PERSON I QUOTED, QUOTED.

THEN YOU WILL UNDERSTAND MY QUOTE.
I may have to ignore you if you continue with this upper case keys.

Did you even read my OP?
Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by bloodofthelamb(m): 11:06pm On Nov 30, 2017
analize701:

I'm very sorry, but the shouting makes me dizzy. Can you drop your upper case keys?

Why did he begin by talking about Tithe and who collected it?

He talked about the higher collecting tithes from the lower, and bringing in Melchizedek as a High Priest forever who took Tithes, then put Christ in the same eternal office of the Priest.

Why was it necessary for the Holy Spirit to talk about it here? Do you think that if it was just about the Priesthood of Jesus being better than that of Levi, the Holy Spirit wouldn't have just gone straight

PAUL MADE HIS POINT CLEAR IN HEB8:1- THE POINT OF WHAT WE ARE SAYING IS THIS: WE DO HAVE SUCH A HIGH PRIEST, WHO SAT DOWN AT THE RIGHT HAND OF THE THRONE OF THE MAJESTY IN HEAVEN.

CHRIST SAID TO PETER FEED MY SHEEP, AND NOT COLLECT TITHE FROM MY SHEEP(JOHN21:15-17)

STOP TRYING TO MAKE A DOCTRINE WHERE THERE IS NON. AND FOR YOUR INFO, I AM AT PEACE AND CALM IN THE HOLY GHOST.

1 Like

Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by analize701: 11:08pm On Nov 30, 2017
MuttleyLaff:

Lolz. So Other Epitles are written to Christians but Hebrews is written to a particular set of people because it contains Tithe which some people stand against? Yeah right.

If we shd go by this your logic, nothing in the Bible will concern me, a black heathen Nigerian.

The Opening of Hebrews shows that, the epistle is not directed at a particular people sir.
Hebrews:1: 1-2
God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Reading all of it shows that everyone who takes a stand under the umbrella of Jesus is to adhere to the teachings, instructions, correction and rebuke given by the Holy Spirit here.

MuttleyLaff:

i don't understand this.
MuttleyLaff:

Let me who doesn't know be tutored now. lol.
MuttleyLaff:

So long as we are still alive, we will keep talking about it, after us, our Children will still talk about it.

Let me know why Tithe no linger hold water.
MuttleyLaff:

Very good question.
Tithing is not GIVING. We don't give Tithe. we Pay it. So, pls get me to this better understanding.

Let's carry on with this recognition, consideration or worthwhile repute. lol.
Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by analize701: 11:09pm On Nov 30, 2017
bloodofthelamb:

PAUL MADE HIS POINT CLEAR IN HEB8:1- THE POINT OF WHAT WE ARE SAYING IS THIS: WE DO HAVE SUCH A HIGH PRIEST, WHO SAT DOWN AT THE RIGHT HAND OF THE THRONE OF THE MAJESTY IN HEAVEN.

CHRIST SAID TO PETER FEED MY SHEEP, AND NOT COLLECT TITHE FROM MY SHEEP(JOHN21:15-17)

STOP TRYING TO MAKE A DOCTRINE WHERE THERE IS NON. AND FOR YOUR INFO, I AM AT PEACE AND CALM IN THE HOLY GHOST.
I'm sorry, i couldn't read. Maybe someone else can read and respond to you.

Byr.
Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by analize701: 11:09pm On Nov 30, 2017
bloodofthelamb:

Bye.
Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by plainbibletruth: 11:13pm On Nov 30, 2017
analize701:

Did you read my OP? Pls read it all then come lets discuss my Op.
pls do not bring in the aggression stirred up from somewhere here.
No insults, no calling of names, discuss the Op pls.
My focus is X-Raying the intent of the Holy Spirit behind Hebrews 7
Let's discuss it

Does the following logic make sense?:

1. The Orange tree has green leaves.
2. I can see a tree with green leaves.
3. Therefore that tree MUST be an Orange tree.

Now, look at something from your posts:

1. Abraham paid Tithe to this High Priest (i. e. Melchizedek.
2. The Priesthood of Melchizedek is likened to that of Christ's.
3. SO, If Christ a Priest in the Order of Melchizedek, it then means Tithes are to be paid to Christ and no more to the Levites.....

Now, maybe you can show us how the reasoning from your above posts differ from the first set I put up.
Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by bloodofthelamb(m): 11:14pm On Nov 30, 2017
analize701:
I may have to ignore you if you continue with this upper case keys.
Did you even read my OP?
IGNORE ME? HA HA HA! MY DEAR, I DON'T SEEK ATTENTION.
Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by bloodofthelamb(m): 11:17pm On Nov 30, 2017
analize701:
Byr.
OK! HAVE A NICE AND PEACEFUL NIGHT REST.
Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by analize701: 11:22pm On Nov 30, 2017
plainbibletruth:

Does the following logic make sense?:

1. The Orange tree has green leaves.
2. I can see a tree with green leaves.
3. Therefore that tree MUST be an Orange tree.

Now, look at something from your posts:

1. Abraham paid Tithe to this High Priest (i. e. Melchizedek.
2. The Priesthood of Melchizedek is likened to that of Christ's.
3. SO, If Christ a Priest in the Order of Melchizedek, it then means Tithes are to be paid to Christ and no more to the Levites.....

Now, maybe you can show us how the reasoning from your above posts differ from the first set I put up.
I like intelligent people and expect that you are one. If you understand my OP, you'd see that my concern is why Tithing was mentioned in Hebrews in the first place.

It seem to portray the Priesthood of Christ being better than that of Levi, coming from the Linage of Judah instead of Levi whom God choose to be priests and to take Tithes, but now, Jesus is put in the office of the eternal High Priest. Fine.

Why start by telling us who Melchizedek was, what he did, likening him to Christ?

Pls, this is my bone of contention.

Shd i repeat myself? Why did the Holy Spirit bring Tithe into this matter?

MOTIVE IS WHAT I'M AFTER.
Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by MuttleyLaff: 11:51pm On Nov 30, 2017
analize701:
Fine by me @bolded
[img]https://s1/images/Muttley_Beckon.gif[/img]

analize701:
Go ahead considerations, that's why we are here. lol.
All have been there, done it, bought and got the T-shirt
All, have previously worn the taxed, mandatory or obligatory give tithe T-shirt out
Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by MuttleyLaff: 11:51pm On Nov 30, 2017
analize701:
Lolz.
So Other Epitles are written to Christians
but Hebrews is written to a particular set of people because it contains Tithe which some people stand against?
Yeah right
Why wasnt I surprised at this statement
If that isnt covetousness, I dont know what to call it

analize701, I had warned you that the standards are high
and that's all because it is you, so please take note, and start be thinking on your feet

Take out your KJV Bible, open up Hebrews Chapter One.
Now look immediately above Chapter 1, can you please type in here, verbatim, all that is written above Chapter 1 immediately before its narrative begins?

analize701:
If we shd go by this your logic, nothing in the Bible will concern me, a black heathen Nigerian
When it concerns you, you'll know
Why are you exaggerating?
So you think Acts 13:1 was happenstance, and that it decoratively just happened to be in the Bible?

analize701:
The Opening of Hebrews shows that, the epistle is not directed at a particular people sir.
Hebrews:1: 1-2
God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Reading all of it shows that everyone who takes a stand under the umbrella of Jesus is to adhere to the teachings, instructions, correction and rebuke given by the Holy Spirit here
You've definitely changed your tune after finding out the answer to my question request above

analize701:
i don't understand this.
You don't understand?
Ah, remember that famous: ''You need the spirit of God in you before you can fully understand and interpret His word'' cliche

Well, most believers, already have the spirit of God in or on them (i.e. already have ''the Filling Of The Holy Spirit'')
but the thing is, most havent grown out to fill into and fill up the spirit of God they have in or on
Most need to ''beef up or bulk up'' to fill into the Spirit of God issued out

The spirit of God is like the shoes and clothes seen put on in the above picture
For some of us, the shoes and clothes are limp, hanging or swinging loosely on us because we havent GROWN to fill and snug fit into the ''shoes'' and ''suit''

Due to this not bulking up and when the ''shoes'' and ''suit'' arent tight or close-fitting, there would be issues with mobility
Progressing or moving from one truth or revelation to another, will be impeded by the hanging and loosely fitting ''shoes'' and ''suit'' spirit of God

We shouldnt be a sieve, shouldnt be a porous basket, shouldnt be a punctured nylon bag to receiving, like water, the Holy Spirit

Mind you, the indwelling (i.e. presence) of the Spirit happens at every believers' conversion,
however the infilling of the Spirit (i.e. the pouring) happens continually,
hence the need for growth, to beef or bulk up, in order to fill up, so to tightly fit into the poured out Holy Spirit

Create in me a clean heart, O God;
and renew a right spirit within me.

- Psalm 51:10

analize701:
Let me who doesn't know be tutored now. lol.

So long as we are still alive, we will keep talking about it, after us, our Children will still talk about it.

Let me know why Tithe no linger hold water.
OK, I'll reiterate.
Do you know what the gospel means and is?
Gospel means good news
and it typifies FREEDOM, from any type or form of ecclesiastical taxed, obligatory or imposed tithing

analize701:
Tithing is not GIVING.
We don't give Tithe. we Pay it. So, pls get me to this better understanding
Let's step back, is it possible to pay, without giving?

Tithing, whether voluntary, taxed, mandantory or obligatory are all giving
however, not all giving, is tithe
Do you know why?
It is because giving, can be in various or other percentages, apart from 10% (i.e. a tenth or tithe)

analize701:
Let's carry on with this recognition, consideration or worthwhile repute. lol.
I've long realised your attention span to long posts is very short
This explains why you're unable to make the connection off my initial and detailed post
Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by plainbibletruth: 11:56pm On Nov 30, 2017
analize701:

I like intelligent people and expect that you are one. If you understand my OP, you'd see that my concern is why Tithing was mentioned in Hebrews in the first place.
It seem to portray the Priesthood of Christ being better than that of Levi, coming from the Linage of Judah instead of Levi whom God choose to be priests and to take Tithes, but now, Jesus is put in the office of the eternal High Priest. Fine.
Why start by telling us who Melchizedek was, what he did, likening him to Christ?
Pls, this is my bone of contention.
Shd i repeat myself? Why did the Holy Spirit bring Tithe into this matter?
MOTIVE IS WHAT I'M AFTER

Instead of looking at WHAT in the book of Hebrews maybe you should be looking at WHO.

For example, WHO is the most important person in the book of Hebrews? Why is he so? What is UNIQUE about him?

I hope you know what UNIQUE stands for.
Is this WHO at par with any other person? And then; Is the system, principles, order, whatever else you may call it, which he has and brings at the same level or at completely different and higher level than any other previous ones?

This line of approach may give you a BETTER PICTURE of all that the book of Hebrews is talking about.

3 Likes

Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by paxonel(m): 12:54am On Dec 01, 2017
analize701:

Hahahahahaha. I'd rather you talk with points rather than throwing words around for the purpose of talking. There is no Church which makes Tithing compulsory, if you go to such a Church, then leave.
When pastors tell church members if you don't pay tithe then you are robbing God, what do you call that?
Is that not compulsory attempt not to continue robbing God by giving on the side of the giver?

There are things that pastors will say that are indirect, but we all know the meaning.

1 Like

Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by Goshen360(m): 1:06am On Dec 01, 2017
analize701:

Lolzzz. I posted you a question sir, lets peruse it.

What's the question?
Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by analize701: 1:14am On Dec 01, 2017
Goshen360:

What's the question?
Pls read your comments again.
Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by analize701: 1:19am On Dec 01, 2017
paxonel:

When pastors tell church members if you don't pay tithe then you are robbing God, what do you call that?
Is that not compulsory attempt not to continue robbing God by giving on the side of the giver?

There are things that pastors will say that are indirect, but we all know the meaning.
Lolzzz. This thread is not for Children pls. If you do not know that said that by Himself, then you shs take your tears somewhere else.

Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
Malachi:3:8

Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.
Malachi:3:9

Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
Malachi:3:10

Pls take your fight to God who threatened you. See who God go threaten, bacteria better pass you before God.

If ye will not hear, and if ye will not lay it to heart, to give glory unto my name, saith the LORD of hosts, I will even send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings: yea, I have cursed them already, because ye do not lay it to heart.
Malachi:2:2

Weytin you go do now, fight am?
Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by Goshen360(m): 1:21am On Dec 01, 2017
analize701:

Goshen360, this is not maturity. pls do not bring insults into a Christian discussion and, most importantly, do not insult a servant of God in my thread.

If these men are Yahoo men, the God who called them is not incapable of bringing them to justice. No one made you an avenger.

Pls, let's respect each other and base our discussions on issues not attacking people's characters. Thank you.

Who's a servant of God? Does a servant of God go about twisting scriptures after being shown sound doctrines? Am I not a servant of God too? And btw, how are we sure you're not them or part of them in disguise? You people have a funny way of trying to win an argument? Anyway, let's continue, if you're posting a question to me, quote me and post your comments.

2 Likes

Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by analize701: 1:23am On Dec 01, 2017
plainbibletruth:

Instead of looking at WHAT in the book of Hebrews maybe you should be looking at WHO.

For example, WHO is the most important person in the book of Hebrews? Why is he so? What is UNIQUE about him?

I hope you know what UNIQUE stands for.
Is this WHO at par with any other person? And then; Is the system, principles, order, whatever else you may call it, which he has and brings at the same level or at completely different and higher level than any other previous ones?

This line of approach may give you a BETTER PICTURE of all that the book of Hebrews is talking about.
Are you trying to change my OP for me? Am not daft not to know what i want. I want to talk about Hebrews Chpt 7 and WHY, not WHAT , WHY the Holy Spirit brought Tithe into the teaching. Pls follow my OP and don't try to change it.
Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by Goshen360(m): 1:25am On Dec 01, 2017
analize701:

Lolzzz. This thread is not for Children pls. If you do not know that said that by Himself, then you shs take your tears somewhere else.

Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
Malachi:3:8

Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.
Malachi:3:9

Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
Malachi:3:10

Pls take your fight to God who threatened you. See who God go threaten, bacteria better pass you before God.

If ye will not hear, and if ye will not lay it to heart, to give glory unto my name, saith the LORD of hosts, I will even send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings: yea, I have cursed them already, because ye do not lay it to heart.
Malachi:2:2

Weytin you go do now, fight am?

1. Malachi is not talking to believers who Christ died for
2. Believers are not cursed with the curses of the law
3. Flying scriptures around by just quoting doesn't equal to sound doctrines. Leave scriptures in its right context and dispensation. That's one of your errors.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Absolute Proof Of God's Existence / Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss / Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.