Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,407 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

"I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. (41166 Views)

Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? / "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent..satan,go And Die" - Apostle Suleman / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by anaton(m): 1:50pm On Dec 02, 2017
PointZerom:

There were so many laws but I didn't see where tithe was mentioned as the law that was changed. My question is the workers, widows, needy in todays present church, who will take care of them.

We have members whose parents departed on our scholarships scheme, we have to do other things including rents and businesses for lest privileged members. Where will the money comes from if we stop tithing?.

If you quote me without answering my question, I won't respond to your mentions on this thread again.

Again no biblical reference but sentiments and emotions.

Remember Paul was a tent maker so the church workers should go and find WORK.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by Koolking(m): 1:51pm On Dec 02, 2017
PointZerom:

Any pastor that mismanaged the income of the church, won't go unpunished.

How many have you seen being punished?

There are more churches in Nigeria than the people. The owners are feeding fat, living in affluence on the gullibility of desperate Nigerians. It's all business not service to God and humanity. A business man maximises profit so as to upgrade his lifestyle.

Salvation is a flip, even in cheat and sin, you can be redeemed through grace. The truth is moral and social justice will catch up with them all.

2 Likes

Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by IMASTEX: 1:51pm On Dec 02, 2017
It is in human nature to protect and defend his source of income. If their interest is truly for God. They won't be having this much interest in tithing against salvation & love messages. How come the Pentecostals are the main body fighting & grieving about tithing. Are there no Catholic, Methodist, Baptist, etc. Who obviously were the earliest churches from where these Pentecostals broke out from.
Why didn't they unite like this to fight the social ills in the society.

I see businessmen fight to survive their businesses period.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by PointZerom: 1:51pm On Dec 02, 2017
PaChukwudi44:

I cant believe someone with at least half a brain typed this!!!! Gosh!!!

Stop thinking so highly of yourself, everybody won't agree with your own opinion.... kiss the truth.
Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by PointZerom: 1:53pm On Dec 02, 2017
Koolking:

How many have you seen being punished?

There are more churches in Nigeria than the people. The owners are feeding fat, living in affluence on the gullibility of desperate Nigerians. It's all business not service to God and humanity. A business man maximises profit so as to upgrade his lifestyle.

Salvation is a flip, even in cheat and sin, you can be redeemed through grace. The truth is moral and social justice will catch up with them all.

Revelation 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by anonimi: 1:54pm On Dec 02, 2017
tim26will:
1. Tithes are solely for the levites. Which in spiritual communities, the full time pastors or ministers.

You are a terrible liar who is heading to hell fire if you do not repent.
No wonder you could not quote any single passage to support your comment.
Tithes that were commanded for Jews in the Old Testament were NOT solely for Levites. Stop spreading lies against the Word of God.

The Law of the Tithe

22 Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year. 23 And thou shalt eat before the Lord thy God, in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the Lord thy God always. 24 And if the way be too long for thee, so that thou art not able to carry it; or if the place be too far from thee, which the Lord thy God shall choose to set his name there, when the Lord thy God hath blessed thee: 25 Then shalt thou turn it into money, and bind up the money in thine hand, and shalt go unto the place which the Lord thy God shall choose: 26 And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the Lord thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household, 27 And the Levite that is within thy gates; thou shalt not forsake him; for he hath no part nor inheritance with thee. 28 At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates: 29 And the Levite, (because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, shall come, and shall eat and be satisfied; that the Lord thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest.

https://www.christianity.com/bible/bible.php?q=deuteronomy+14&ver=kjv

Please point out where God ordered the Jews to solely give their tithes to Levites?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by subcbouy: 1:57pm On Dec 02, 2017
enemyofprogress:
10% is 10% there is nothing like benchmark, stop using religion to steal from the people
haha Are we fighting? You can over pay as Lord blesses you. But cannot under pay. Shalom
Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by DWJOBScom(m): 1:58pm On Dec 02, 2017
anaton:

Please show me where Jesus and the apostles paid tithe and I will pay the 10%.

now i know your stand and your believe and i stand down.

Being Christ like(Christianity) is based on faith and not by sight.

I can't help you

1 Like

Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by anaton(m): 1:58pm On Dec 02, 2017
PointZerom:

They were mostly farmers and fishers then, Even today in rural areas, farmers do pay with their farm products.

What's about the musicians,black/goldsmiths,builders,soldiers,tax collectors in the biblical times?Are they not supposed to tithe and do they pay their tithe??
Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by mickeymimi: 1:58pm On Dec 02, 2017
Pastor TB Joshua advice to take your tithes and help anybody around you instead of giving it to the church
Pastor Oyakhilome said you have to bring it to his church no matter what.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugeP9aF4DwU

1 Like

Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by PointZerom: 1:58pm On Dec 02, 2017
anaton:

Again no biblical reference but sentiments and emotions.

Remember Paul was a tent maker so the church workers should go and find WORK.

"A church worker employed by the church should go and find work"............I GIVE UP.

So what about the widows, orphans etc that are been taking care of by the church......what should they do?.
Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by Navodski: 1:59pm On Dec 02, 2017
You never here about catholic or protestant priests making outrageous demands or being super rich through their church.. It's always the new generation church pastors.. This should be a wake-up call for true believers.

1 Like

Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by Koolking(m): 2:00pm On Dec 02, 2017
PointZerom:

Revelation 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

The thief on the cross was redeemed, remember. That is what grace does

Luke 23:39-43

43 Jesus answered him, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise."
Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by anaton(m): 2:00pm On Dec 02, 2017
DWJOBScom:

now i know your stand and your believe and i stand down.

Being Christ like(Christianity) is based on faith and not by sight.

I can't help you

But Jesus Christ said that he does what he sees the father do.

Please stop twisting the word of God to suit your purpose.
Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by PointZerom: 2:01pm On Dec 02, 2017
anonimi:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6249257_pastor_jpeg2e4e8592b29c783dcc87f79282640639

Blame your government, stop posting the pictures of beggars on the street to spite the church. You too can take care of them.
Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by PointZerom: 2:03pm On Dec 02, 2017
Koolking:

The thief on the cross was redeemed, remember. That is what grace does

Luke 23:39-43

43 Jesus answered him, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise."

Meaning?
Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by anaton(m): 2:03pm On Dec 02, 2017
PointZerom:

"A church worker employed by the church should go and find work"............I GIVE UP.

So what about the widows, orphans etc that are been taking care of by the church......what should they do?.

Paul was converted and "employed" by Jesus to proclaim the gospel to the gentiles, but it did not stop him from being a tent maker

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by Engrghidazuka: 2:03pm On Dec 02, 2017
DLondonboiy:
If you like increase it to 200%, we no go ever pay tithe again..

You and who? undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by Coldfeets: 2:04pm On Dec 02, 2017
I hope this god of man is not directly or indirectly calling freeze Satan?
Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by tim26will: 2:05pm On Dec 02, 2017
Iamzik:

Who are the levites? More than 80% of RCCG pastors are part timers. Those you define as levites are they allowed to own lands/properties/businesses/companies?. You need to read up on who a levite is, what they do and how God asked them to live.
A pastor is a pastor. A levite is a descendant of the tribe of Levi in Israel. Stop confusing us.

Meanwhile what is the purpose of tithe in mal 8?
Read slowly and feel free to reply
Well that is what you're told. I don't argue the word of God. I only commented when he said "message from the throne of grace", which I feel he doesn't know what hes saying.
Another thing, I know it's a mistake, but there is no Mal 8, but I will rather advice you not to read but study Deut 12:11-14, Lev 27:30-end.

To those that have ears, let them hear, DESIST FROM PRETENDING TO BE FIGHTING FOR GOD, IT'S EXTREMELY DANGEROUS AND THE REWARD IS ETERNAL DAMNATION.
It's a wile of the devil to crave in more to himself. Stop the argument. If you don't believe in tithing, leave it and move on with your life. If you do pay, take your eyes off it and trust God for His promised reward.
BE WISE
Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by sharpwriter(m): 2:08pm On Dec 02, 2017
What is the meaning of this now This show of publicity is tantamount to unrighteousness. Period!!! I dont know who is proving for. That we should see or God should see?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by Crixina(f): 2:08pm On Dec 02, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Laughing in Swahili, why did he stammer?
Others say they pay it to other pastors(their mentors),
I heard one time that Ibiyeome pays to Oyedepo.
NigerDeltan:
grin

A lady was interviewing one pastor on TVC news last Sunday

The pastor was so bitter about the comment made by freeze, he was even abusing him until the lady asked

Lady: pastor do you pay tithe?

Pastor: yes of course

Lady: who do you pay your tithe to?

Pastor: I spend it on the less privilege and the hungry in the society

Lady: can we do that as well?

Pastor: #stammering# yes
Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by GlobalGisting(m): 2:08pm On Dec 02, 2017
They are all looters, stealers and hypocrites...

1 Like

Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by tim26will: 2:09pm On Dec 02, 2017
anonimi:

You are a terrible liar who is heading to hell fire if you do not repent.
No wonder you could not quote any single passage to support your comment.
Tithes that were commanded for Jews in the Old Testament were NOT solely for Levites. Stop spreading lies against the Word of God.

Please point out where God ordered the Jews to solely give their tithes to Levites?

You are just a by passer unfortunately. You are not a Christian. Ye shall know them by their fruit.
Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by Koolking(m): 2:09pm On Dec 02, 2017
PointZerom:

Meaning?

There is no condemned man. We all have a chance at redemption. You just have to acknowledge your sin and walk in faith.

2 Corinthians 3:9
If the old way, which brings condemnation, was glorious, how much more glorious is the new way, which makes us right with God!
Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by Chukabiz1961(m): 2:12pm On Dec 02, 2017
queensera:
The Nigerian popular apostle, "apostle suleman" took to his twitter page to reveal that he just increased is own tithe from the normal 10 percent God ordered them to collect to 30 percent.

Below Is What He Tweeted:

"I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 percent, Satan Go And Die"

What is your thoughts about this.

Source:
http://www.nairaplus.com/2017/12/i-just-increased-my-tithe-to-30-percent.html

My thought is that, he has disobeyed God, he is using other people's money to increase his popularity, tithe is not a weightier matter.
Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by DWJOBScom(m): 2:12pm On Dec 02, 2017
anaton:

But Jesus Christ said that he does what he sees the father do.

Please stop twisting the word of God to suit your purpose.

and what does he father do my friend?

from the bible , he respected and obeyed the command and even to the Cross. Am sure if it were you , you would've made a new term
Like i said it's faith and not by your own understanding SON
Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by anonimi: 2:13pm On Dec 02, 2017
PointZerom:
Blame your government, stop posting the pictures of beggars on the street to spite the church. You too can take care of them.

You obviously cannot see far enough to realise that the church's scam schemes deprive the government of funds for performing its work apart from its promotion of the barawo rogues in government. Or can you?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4138528_fbimg1471362711749_jpeg32428b294a57b4debde63e3fd7301227

1 Like

Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by DavidEsq(m): 2:14pm On Dec 02, 2017
PointZerom:

There were so many laws but I didn't see where tithe was mentioned as the law that was changed. My question is the workers, widows, needy in todays present church, who will take care of them.

We have members whose parents departed on our scholarships scheme, we have to do other things including rents and businesses for lest privileged members. Where will the money comes from if we stop tithing?

If you quote me without answering my question, I won't respond to your mentions on this thread again.
That's where Matthew 6:1-4 comes in handy. The church or congregation gives but not through a modality called tithing. The book of Acts 4:32, 34 & 35, gives a clear answer to ur question. In fact, nowhere was tithing mentioned there, even wr there was an opportunity for it to be so mentioned and utilised. Look at 2 Corinthians 8:12, 13. That is the only and current recognised form of giving. Besides, it shocks me how so called MOGs wld place so much emphasis on giving, wen Matthew 6:33 spells out the priority of Christianity.

1 Like

Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by anaton(m): 2:18pm On Dec 02, 2017
DWJOBScom:

and what does he father do my friend?

from the bible , he respected and obeyed the command and even to the Cross. Am sure if it were you , you would've made a new term
Like i said it's faith and not by your own understanding SON

Note that I always use biblical reference to support my arguments against yours because I know that the word of God settles everything not sentiments and emotions.

You have not quoted one biblical fact to support tithing in this era of grace.Even the Jews no longer tithe.You can google this

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by anonimi: 2:18pm On Dec 02, 2017
seguno2:
Who is the fake pastorpreneur paying his tithe to?
Can he please send us the address and bank account details of the God he is paying to?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4155194_religionquote_jpeg51ef818e81f851e5958395931ebafe6f

1 Like

Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by mickeymimi: 2:22pm On Dec 02, 2017
Jesus did not collect tithes because he was from the tribe of Judah... God commandment was that only the Levites should receive tithes ...nor did it mention pastors from tribes in Nigeria .....some are now believing they have power to increase the tithes ...na waa o

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Okotie Poses With His Car / Church Members Kissing Pastor's Feet In Front Of Congregation (Photos) / Pope’s New Guidelines On Love, Sex And Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.