Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

Moving Back To Nigeria From USA - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Moving Back To Nigeria From USA (90049 Views)

Happie Boys Deported To Nigeria From Cyprus / Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada / Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (40) (Go Down)

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by 9jaDoc(f): 7:19pm On Dec 08, 2017
DisGuy:

BSc + MBA + 2Years + Soft skills in abundance hopefully in 8 Year is not exactly what i'll class as a loss

Maybe he is facing jail for fraudulent green card marriage shenanigans

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by erico2k2(m): 7:19pm On Dec 08, 2017
MdRabx:
this is one of the returnee from Libya.. you better remain there and don't come
Enemy of progress grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by musa7m(m): 7:20pm On Dec 08, 2017
BluFlyBoy:

Of course I do, but I'm still asking, I want to get as much information as possible. I'm not trying to offend anyone, I just looking for know what people are feeling.
nna you no get father and mother or family members in Nigeria?
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by erico2k2(m): 7:20pm On Dec 08, 2017
9jaDoc:

Maybe he is facing jail for fraudulent green card marriage shenanigans
Kiah Una nor get chill 4 NL at all sam sam grin grin grin
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 7:20pm On Dec 08, 2017
erico2k2:

Guy if U get chance to cut, cut sharp sharp, I left that 9ja after NYSC 1999,best decision of my life, lok now, I have relocated my family back to 9ja but at least we all get citizenship, we get free healthcare, travel anywhere in the world for holiday less question asked. I can work anywhere I chose and travel anywhere to do biz as I chose,
Truth be told, there is loads of Biz in 9ja and loads of money to be made BUT you need initial capital as a nobody and this can only be gotten by removing frm 9ja

Baba, God go do am for me too ooo. cry. I just tire but God dey jaree. grin
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Ayodejioak(m): 7:21pm On Dec 08, 2017
thesicilian:

Don't you have internet access where you are in the US?
Or you got your degrees and work experience from a US prison?

Now this just made my lunch grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by TheAlchemist: 7:21pm On Dec 08, 2017
@OP, if after all the advice you still decide to come back to Nigeria, please upon landing go straight to MFM for their deliverance service at km 12, Lagos - Ibadan express way, once the deliverance service is over, you will ask pastor to tell you how you got to Nigeria!... Forget this country for now!

7 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by erico2k2(m): 7:21pm On Dec 08, 2017
Alcatraz005:

Every sane person should have an exit plan. I just live in the country, my heart is not here anymore. At this point, I really don’t care what they do with the country anymore.
which country grin grin grin
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Mabelenena(f): 7:22pm On Dec 08, 2017
Shey u wan2 come? orya come na who da stop u only 1 day experience u go run go back.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by erico2k2(m): 7:22pm On Dec 08, 2017
Alcatraz005:

Baba, God go do am for me too ooo. cry. I just tire but God dey jaree. grin
That country called Nigeria tuff pass Chinese film I S wear down
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 7:22pm On Dec 08, 2017
erico2k2:

which country B that bboss?

I don’t get your question.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by bobkezel(m): 7:23pm On Dec 08, 2017
Before I came back home, I was discouraged by family and friends, no one was in support, but then I made up my mind already and I have a biz in mind. I made sure my visa was valid for at least 2yrs should in case I want to go back. I also made sure I had a standby cash apart from biz cash, so that I will be feeding myself, fueling my car and be solving other little problems from, I never touched my biz cash for complete two years, I was spending from the standby cash.
Op you can borrow a leaf from there, and also don't live in the ghetto part of which city u decide to settle down else u will be seeing only negative side of naija, and don't mingle with broke niggas, mingle with people a lil bit below you, same level and above you.
And cut down costs.
Plus, don't change all ur dollars at once change according to ur needs else u won't find it funny.

11 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by erico2k2(m): 7:23pm On Dec 08, 2017
Alcatraz005:

I don’t get your question.
Nor mind me Jor, I nor understand U nah now I get yu.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 7:23pm On Dec 08, 2017
erico2k2:

That country called Nigeria tuff pass Chinese film I S wear down

Baba, I wan cut go the Americas but na money matter oooo. I just tire.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by erico2k2(m): 7:24pm On Dec 08, 2017
bobkezel:
Before I came back home, I was discouraged by family and friends, no one was in support, but then I made up my mind already and I have a biz in mind. I made sure my visa was valid for at least 2yrs should in case I want to go back. I also made sure I had a standby cash apart from biz cash, so that I will be feeding myself, fueling my car and be solving other little problems from, I never touched my biz cash for complete two years, I was spending from the standby cash.
Op you can borrow a leaf from there, and also don't live in the ghetto part of which city u decide to settle down else u will be seeing only negative side of naija, and don't mingle with broke niggas, mingle with people a lil bit below you, same level and above you.
And cut down costs.
Plus, don't change all ur dollars at once change according to ur needs else u won't find it funny.
1st question, what country did U return from

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by erico2k2(m): 7:25pm On Dec 08, 2017
Alcatraz005:

Baba, I wan cut go the Americas but na money matter oooo. I just tire.
The bar for that level these days reach to start Biz Ohhh, nah God U go jst tie ur agbada join

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by TheAlchemist: 7:25pm On Dec 08, 2017
Tosinex:
Broda don't mind those that are saying that you shouldn't come on, as long as you have passion for your country with your certificate and good connection you can make it big here, you might even be the change we need. This is your country, this is where you belong, if everyone develops US, who is going to develop Nigeria, please come home and lets develop our country together.

I was as naive in my thinking, when i had the golden opportunity to leave this country,... i really dont want to say much, but only God Almighty can save me from the mess, i have gotten my self in for believing in my country.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Prinzyy: 7:26pm On Dec 08, 2017
Izuogu1:
Can we exchange base? I need to check something in USA asap
lol.. U need to check something indeed angry cheesy

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 7:26pm On Dec 08, 2017
BluFlyBoy:
Greetings my fellow Nigerians. I'm facing the prospect of coming back to Nigeria after 8 years in the USA. I finished my post-graduate degree and I'm coming back with a Bsc, MBA and 2 years of work experience in the telecoms industry. I want to know from my people back home, how is the general national feeling, how they enjoy their lifestyle/quality of life and the hard-truths of what I'll be facing coming back as I've been so far removed from the national consciousness because I've been in the USA for almost a decade. I feel passion about my country and people but I need to know what too expect. So my people are you happy with life back home?

I assume you are a young man, so my advice for you is to come home asap so that when you go back, you will still be young enough to start again. Having spent close to a decade and seeing how people in working countries think, you will realize that Nigeria is populated with Morons and nothing good came come out of a gathering of morons. Passion for your country will quickly disappear from your consciousness, you will go back in anger and you will appreciate what you have over there because until you come and experience the rot in Nigeria, not just infrastructure but the mentality and see for yourself 1st hand and not as a holiday maker that it will not get better because of the kind of minds that populate your country, that lingering voice telling you to come back home will not allow you to put down roots and make progress where you are.

8 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by RaeMystix: 7:27pm On Dec 08, 2017
erico2k2:

grin grin grin grin grin grin,
I tried to do that years back then I realized moving back is a gradual process, there are loads of stuff you need in place ,You wont 4give yourself if all of ur kids are not citizens of these countries you lived. Look at all the top politicians in Nigeria80% of them either have British or US citizenship!
Well, it does depend on each individual. Op seems to be someone who has a good support system back home, hence the somewhat confidence. If he/she could afford earning 2 degrees in the States, then the individual can afford a ticket back to the States if things doesn't work out as expected.

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 7:27pm On Dec 08, 2017
TheAlchemist:

I was as naive in my thinking, when i had the golden opportunity to leave this country,... i really dont want to say much, but only God Almighty can save me from the mess, i have gotten my self in for believing in my country.

Baba, na same thing here ooo but I know God will do his miracle in my life. I must be liberated from this naija! grin grin
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Dvampire(m): 7:27pm On Dec 08, 2017
My dear brother, the most candid suggestion i can give at this point is this:
Nigeria is presently not the same country you left 8 years ago. Things have gone from bad to 'very worst' (i mean that literally). Corruption is the order of the day here. The unemployment rate is alarmingly high. Even those who are employed, many of them are not sure of this month's salary because many corporations and organizations are folding up. Infra-structurally, Nigeria is on the decline. Try visiting during the rainy season and see the real Nigeria - there are no good roads, electricity is almost a pipe dream. You literally pay for darkness not electricity. If you have children in the university then be prepared to see them at home more often than you should. If the lecturers are not going on strike as a result of a face-off with the government, the students are demonstrating due to either arbitrary increase in tuition fees or poor learning conditions. The health sector is no better. It is either resident doctors are on strike or junior health workers are protesting. the list is endless
Then there are other vices like boko haram insurgency (just in case you are drawn to the north eastern parts of the country), kidnappings and cult-related activities down south and then police harassment. I won't dwell much on this. Just search for #endsarsnow campaign on twitter and read about the encounters of Nigerians in the hands of these law enforcers and then make your take. Almost all Nigerians are angry with the government and the system. Almost nothing works.
So, the bottom line is, if I were in your shoes, I would rather research on a good business i would invest in Nigeria, than coming to live here. Presently, it seems the system is fashioned to make one fail. For the love of God, a greater percentage of Nigerians want to leave the country. Not that there is no level of success here, but my dear I guarantee you that with your high level of expectation for Nigeria, you will be disappointed if you relocated to Nigeria. So please, think thoroughly before you make the choice. In fact, I suggest you pay a visit ( if possible) and see things for yourself.

6 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by ogianyo(m): 7:27pm On Dec 08, 2017
GGirll:
Before you come back pls do some training on how to avoid pick pockets from d airport n immediately you enter Lagos how to avoid SARS, police n military rogues from arresting you n terming you Yahoo boy,then hold your head with your hands till you leave southwest to avoid ritualist a.k.a. skull miners, cult of all kinds n badoo boys, approaching south south,guard yoeurself against kidnappers n armed die hearted armed robbers,frsc n d likes,immediately you cross Niger bridge brace up against business fraudsters and cult members,armed robbers n then as you approach Abuja via Enugu brace up for fulani militiamen n boko boys really brace up for human butchers n military forces that will arrest you n free them...don't forget to be mindful of social media prostitutes a.k.a. slay queens n d ones on d streets....remember to avoid Bush meats so as not to risk monkey pox,Ebola n d ever stay HIV AIDS....with all these careful training you will live happy in Nigeria welcome to one d most corrupt countries in d universe grin
You are a very wicked person. I can't stop laughing. Nigeria is not this bad.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 7:28pm On Dec 08, 2017
erico2k2:

The bar for that level these days reach to start Biz Ohhh, nah God U go jst tie ur agbada join

I go make am. By God’s grace.

2 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Thomas333(m): 7:29pm On Dec 08, 2017
Hope u have saved up alot of money so that u can invest and start making money.and u can apply to Huawei, ATC and IHS as an expatriate and earn fat salary in dollars.

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 7:29pm On Dec 08, 2017
Alcatraz005:

Keep deceiving yourselves. You probably live miserable lives in Nigeria and your misery needs company. I know you can give anything to be in America like the OP but you want him to come back.

It's obvious that you are hungry, go and work stop wasting time commenting with those who feed well.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 7:30pm On Dec 08, 2017
ogianyo:
You are a very wicked person. I can't stop laughing. Nigeria is not this bad.

Nigeria is not that bad? Is Nigeria doing you and your family well?

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by TheAlchemist: 7:30pm On Dec 08, 2017
ogianyo:
Ďear Op , It is wrong on several levels to seek advice on your kind of issues on a platform like nairaland. There all kinds of people here. Some don't know their left from right. Some have never been out of their state of birthday not to talk of out of Nigeria. I live in both the UK and Nigeria. Truth be told there is a lot of hardship in Nigeria. The collapse of the currency has made nonsense of people's incomes and the level of unemployment is higher. Most of the unemployed are graduates of our dysfunctional educational and are mostly unemployable. Without real skills and a lack of understanding of how t hings work in the modern workplace, they are disadvantaged from all levels. You can live in Nigeria. Keep a low profile, invest what money you have any of the several low risk ventures while scouring the internet for jobs that require your skill set I your best option. You must have some trusted educated family members you can talk to. The fellows here will confuse you with their infantile and street hunger advice that will be largely a mirror of their lives. People are making good lives here.

Good lives... with the level of poverty all around you... i don't get it!

2 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Wizard999: 7:30pm On Dec 08, 2017
BluFlyBoy:
Greetings my fellow Nigerians. I'm facing the prospect of coming back to Nigeria after 8 years in the USA. I finished my post-graduate degree and I'm coming back with a Bsc, MBA and 2 years of work experience in the telecoms industry. I want to know from my people back home, how is the general national feeling, how they enjoy their lifestyle/quality of life and the hard-truths of what I'll be facing coming back as I've been so far removed from the national consciousness because I've been in the USA for almost a decade. I feel passion about my country and people but I need to know what too expect. So my people are you happy with life back home?
op, firstly, I salute your courage and dogged determination. If you really want to come back bro. You are highly welcome back home!. Most of these people spilling trash have not even been to the airport before.. my good friend, I utterly commend your tenacity. You are a through son of the soil. If you are Igbo, - Agu Nwoke ka ibu (you are a lion!). $30k will do you to start something. I suggest you look out for cheaper states. Maybe ogun or ondo if you are youruba. You can start cocoa business, poultry or whatever your heart pleases.. Do not at all listen to nairalanders. 90% of them have probably not been through what you have seen.. Afterall, what matters is where your heart lies. Some people who have money still desire happiness.. I therefore urge you my friend to be resolute and make your descion like a man!! I know one thing for sure. If you invest wisely, you will never regret your actions. Be proud of yourself my guy.. you are a tough dude. Just before I go, I want you to know that the key to being happy is knowing that you have the power to choose what to accept and what to let go.. we your fellow countrymen are very proud of you.. welcome home my brother!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 7:31pm On Dec 08, 2017
Pidgin2:

It's obvious that you are hungry, go and work stop wasting time commenting with those who feed well.

See this one. You are a wicked person who wants others to suffer the rot of Nigeria like you. I won’t respond to your unfounded allegations that I am hungry. It serves no utilitarian value to the discourse. Enjoy your Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Seahawk: 7:32pm On Dec 08, 2017
Pidgin2:

He is not like you, seek employment instead, you should not be advising a person who is better of than you please, try to find out how he can help you improve your life
lol
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by 9jaDoc(f): 7:32pm On Dec 08, 2017
Alcatraz005:
So who would help the likes of us to get out of Nigeria? I need help ooo but I have no money.

You can trek across desert to Libya

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (40)

Visa-free Countries For Nigerian Citizens / USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) / Visa Requirements For Dubai?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.