Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

Moving Back To Nigeria From USA - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Moving Back To Nigeria From USA (90169 Views)

Happie Boys Deported To Nigeria From Cyprus / Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada / Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Go Down)

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Handsomecole(m): 6:42pm On Dec 08, 2017
I always heard about village juju having the capability to travel overseas now I never believed but now I do.

19 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by don10ky(m): 6:42pm On Dec 08, 2017
BluFlyBoy:
Greetings my fellow Nigerians. I'm facing the prospect of coming back to Nigeria after 8 years in the USA. I finished my post-graduate degree and I'm coming back with a Bsc, MBA and 2 years of work experience in the telecoms industry. I want to know from my people back home, how is the general national feeling, how they enjoy their lifestyle/quality of life and the hard-truths of what I'll be facing coming back as I've been so far removed from the national consciousness because I've been in the USA for almost a decade. I feel passion about my country and people but I need to know what too expect. So my people are you happy with life back home?
Well the truth is t[b]Telecom[/b] Is a very big business in nigeria u will make it big bro welcome home

3 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Olifiz(m): 6:42pm On Dec 08, 2017
madridguy:
@ OP sit down for US and stop looking for what is not. Nigeria is only good for the rogues in the govt, their family member,or associate.

Still no light, no security, health sector zero.

Boko haram, fulani terrorist, militant, kidnappers, ritualist, baddo boys, army robbers grin to mention few are making Nigeria the most dangerous place on earth.

U forgot to mention SARS..... angry
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by lordgolden1(m): 6:42pm On Dec 08, 2017
BluFlyBoy:
Greetings my fellow Nigerians. I'm facing the prospect of coming back to Nigeria after 8 years in the USA. I finished my post-graduate degree and I'm coming back with a Bsc, MBA and 2 years of work experience in the telecoms industry. I want to know from my people back home, how is the general national feeling, how they enjoy their lifestyle/quality of life and the hard-truths of what I'll be facing coming back as I've been so far removed from the national consciousness because I've been in the USA for almost a decade. I feel passion about my country and people but I need to know what too expect. So my people are you happy with life back home?
come and find out by yourself, let it not be that we led u to hell fire
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 6:42pm On Dec 08, 2017
BluFlyBoy:

I plan on coming back with about 30000 USD
and getting myself land/property to my name, complete NYSC, see what the job market is like as well as concurrently starting a one or two provisions stores. Slowly expand on that, with the end goal to become a distributor at the national level.
Only? Are you kidding me? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by websiteguru30: 6:43pm On Dec 08, 2017
madridguy:
@ OP sit down for US and stop looking for what is not. Nigeria is only good for the rogues in the govt, their family member,or associate.

Boko haram, fulani terrorist, militant, kidnappers, ritualist, baddo boys, army robbers grin to mention few are making Nigeria the most dangerous place on earth.
you did not mention SARS to the list.

2 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by iluvpomo(m): 6:43pm On Dec 08, 2017
crafteck:
Lol... Landed property with 12 million?
Maybe plot of land in Borno shocked

3 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by shegerun: 6:44pm On Dec 08, 2017
BluFlyBoy:
Are you out of your mind? You want to move back to Nigeria to do what? I took that decision some years ago and it was the worst decision of my life. My brother, stay in the USA and enjoy your life.

2 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Chukazu: 6:44pm On Dec 08, 2017
Unlimited22:
If I ever leave this country permanently, only God's voice will make me even think about coming back.
Op, the country is kinda in a mess, just plan yourself well, your degrees and work experience should be able to get you a good job. Check LinkedIn.
You should settle down a bit before moving into distribution IMHO to let you grasp the dos and donts of the business side of the nation.
Kudos to you.
PS - Do you have green card that you are not using again?
Or even H1-B visa?

Even when you hear God's voice you go talk say na Buhari grin. So let's just say you won't come back

8 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 6:46pm On Dec 08, 2017
Pidgin2:

It's a good thing you went back because it's obvious you don't know much about Nigeria. You've lived most of your lives abroad and you expect to come back and find things easy? It doesn't work that way here

First mistake you made was coming back without knowledge, your $75K will easily be taken off you by crafty individuals

Secondly was putting all your eggs in one basket, yes you had a job but were you doing other things just in case? E.g on the side business.

With $75K being used for upkeep, how much was left for your hubby to start an IT business? Being an IT consultant would have been a better option

Nigeria is not for people who wait for things to happen, you have to make it happen. If your hubby starts a business, he has to be on ground to monitor it.

Good luck

Have you not been disgraced enough? What is this blind faith in Nigeria? A failed State? I know you are a pained US applicant who was refused but please don’t deceive gullible people to come to Nigeria.

18 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by madridguy(m): 6:46pm On Dec 08, 2017
Sars shocked

websiteguru30:

you did not mention SARS to the list.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by kingbus: 6:46pm On Dec 08, 2017
BluFlyBoy:

I plan on coming back with about 30000 USD and getting myself land/property to my name, complete NYSC, see what the job market is like as well as concurrently starting a one or two provisions stores. Slowly expand on that, with the end goal to become a distributor at the national level.
just make sure you buy a 6 month return ticket . it is good at times to experience some new things .
pls dont buy a one way ticket ooooooooooooooo

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by madridguy(m): 6:47pm On Dec 08, 2017
Yes I forgot the dirty looking criminals.

Olifiz:

U forgot to mention SARS..... angry
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by eazyfocus: 6:47pm On Dec 08, 2017
madridguy:

You didn't mention SARS
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by madridguy(m): 6:48pm On Dec 08, 2017
SARS don buy market everybody just dey remind me of them. Make I go include them now grin

eazyfocus:

You didn't mention SARS
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Gnwuashi: 6:49pm On Dec 08, 2017
madridguy:

You know put SARS

3 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by noscarn91(m): 6:49pm On Dec 08, 2017
BluFlyBoy:

I plan on coming back with about 30000 USD and getting myself land/property to my name, complete NYSC, see what the job market is like as well as concurrently starting a one or two provisions stores. Slowly expand on that, with the end goal to become a distributor at the national level.
This guy is a learner , don't ever ur disclose financial details on a public thread , Nigeria is a zoo and someone can easily find out ur identity, don't be a victim

2 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by remele2(f): 6:49pm On Dec 08, 2017
"Nothing good comes easy" they say , if coming to Nigeria is easy ,that means it's not Good ooooo.

5 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Olifiz(m): 6:49pm On Dec 08, 2017
Did I read someone sayin he should move to Abuja with $30k. Lol. Even house in Apo(in those estates) it won’t buy. Stay where u are o. Continue enjoying ur good weather food n other basic amenities o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Toyindiva(f): 6:49pm On Dec 08, 2017
Abeg oh, you better stay put in the US bcz, so many Nigerians want to travel out bcz, this country is turning into something else no employment for the graduate

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by StoneColdBiceps(m): 6:49pm On Dec 08, 2017
thesicilian:

Don't you have internet access where you are in the US?
Or you got your degrees and work experience from a US prison?

grin Savage at its pick. �

2 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by kingbus: 6:49pm On Dec 08, 2017
fulaniHERDSman:
i sincerely will advice you wait till BUHARI leaves ASO ROCK grin cheesy
best advice and it says everything .
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Mariangeles(f): 6:49pm On Dec 08, 2017
BluFlyBoy:

Of course I do, but I'm still asking, I want to get as much information as possible. I'm not trying to offend anyone, I just looking for know what people are feeling.
The best advice will be for to wait till after the elections in 2019...all these hardships is because of this current government.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Tobyarab(m): 6:49pm On Dec 08, 2017
BluFlyBoy:
You are definitely not serious, Return to Nigeria permanently.You are joking. you better change that plan to visit rather than relocation.

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by dieBYfire: 6:50pm On Dec 08, 2017
iluvpomo:
Max kudos to your hustle, that one no be beans oh! What field?

Internationale Mathematik/Computation

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Hades2016(m): 6:50pm On Dec 08, 2017
honey001:
Me wey I dey look for how to even get out of this country, even if na Ghana self.....
my brother you no da go anywhere grin we are in this together and nobody should leave grin ... Shabiiii na una vote sai baba that dullard grin

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 6:50pm On Dec 08, 2017
BluFlyBoy:
Broda don't mind those that are saying that you shouldn't come on, as long as you have passion for your country with your certificate and good connection you can make it big here, you might even be the change we need. This is your country, this is where you belong, if everyone develops US, who is going to develop Nigeria, please come home and lets develop our country together.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by ACE1010: 6:51pm On Dec 08, 2017
Some of you guys are not objective at all as far as this matter is concern Why are you guy giving negative report about Nigeria. The guy has many options available to choose from.
My brother please stay away from pessimists like some of here and hungry people out there.
Stick to your plans and work towards them.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by ACE1010: 6:52pm On Dec 08, 2017
Tosinex:
Broda don't mind those that are saying that you shouldn't come on, as long as you have passion for your country with your certificate and good connection you can make it big here, you might even be the change we need. This is your country, this is where you belong, if everyone develops US, who is going to develop Nigeria, please come home and lets develop our country together.
God bless you my brother

3 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by gmoni2(m): 6:52pm On Dec 08, 2017
AngelicBeing:
Hahaha, renounce her western residency that guarantees her all the comfort available for a miserable life in a jungle, that is the most foolish thing to ever do, how can you prefer to live in hell than Heaven, I gave up on Nigeria long time ago, I was very patriotic before but the blissful Nigerian dream is not visible with the kind of wicked, satanic, occultic, selfish and blood thirsty politicians we have, even if you have money to set up a business in Nigeria, if you don't do what the system requires which is cutting corners, you are doomed, a family friend of mine arrived Nigeria after living for several years in the West to set up a juice manufacturing company, he invested so much into it,brought several machineries from Europe and also bought several delivery vans for his line of business plus he also had a pure water company attached to it, as at when I visited him before my departure early this year, he was lamenting and regretting, he has sold all the deep freezers and put the entire company for sale due to the harsh economic environment in the jungle, do people make it in Nigeria, yes but they are very few, they said Nigeria will be the country with the highest number of poor people by February 2018 in the whole world, India currently holds that position , no thanks to the useless federal criminals in power who have raped the country without a condom, robbed and looted the treasury, lack of good infrastructure, insecurity etc those who have ears let them hear, with the kind of wicked politicians we currently have, I don't think things will change so soon, Nigeria is not a country fit for humans to live, those who want to be patriotic and live in denial can continue.

You are so right, naija robbed me in broad daylight, I just visit to see my family and that's all.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40)

Fatal Accident Along Onitsha-Nteje Expressway (Disturbing Photos) / Akintola Seun "Big Wayne" Dies In Car Crash (Photos) / How Much Will It Cost Me To Travel To Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.