Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,952 members, 7,828,348 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. (7734 Views)

Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe / Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? / Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by Tonyet1(m): 12:38pm On Mar 30, 2010
ogajim:

Anytime the word "tithe" is mentioned, I am sure it kicks off another program in tonye-tithe's head, haba! Dudes been out what how long and tithe brought him from his Greek expedition.

OP: This tithe issue is a beaten path on NL, if you're sincere and not one of those "outreach ministries" on NL, you would have known the majority opinion on this subject. HELP YOUR FRIEND AND FORGET THAT FAKE PASTOR!

Are majority always right on an issue.?

John 14:15(NIV) - "If you love me, you will obey what I command - - - regardless of what the "majority" thinks about the issue. Period! [/color]
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by KunleOshob(m): 12:49pm On Mar 30, 2010
@Tonye
No mater how much you try to mis-represent scriptures tithing is not a christian doctrine and it was never taught to christians. Christ never even commanded it he only endorsed it for the pharisees and the people of the jewish faith as oppose to christians who are under a totally different and better covenant. That apart  biblical tithing was strictly tithes of the produce of the land and note tithes of "increase" as some criminals try to potray even in the bible passage that uses the word increase it was refering to the increase the fields produce each year which is still agricultural produce and not other income as charlatans who are bent on twisting the word of God are trying to potray.

Deuteronomy 14:22:

22Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by KunleOshob(m): 12:55pm On Mar 30, 2010
Tonye-t:

John 14:15(NIV) - "If you love me, you will obey what I command [color=#000099]

Thank fully Jesus NEVER commanded tithing but he commanded that we love one and other hence the person in the original post should be encouraged to forget the scam called tithes and help his friend as directed by our lord Jesus christ. He should also be advised to change church as the pastor is obviously a very greedy crook who has no love of christ in him else he would have not only encouraged the OP to contribute his "tithes" towards his friends operation he would have also have contributed from church funds to ensure the the medical expenses are fully taken care of.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by ogajim(m): 12:56pm On Mar 30, 2010
Tonye-t:

John 14:15(NIV) - "If you love me, you will obey what I command - - - regardless of what the "majority" thinks about the issue. Period! [/color]

And where is it stated that his command is tithe?

PS: majority seems to always carry the vote as it is pretty hard for a lot of folks to be all crazy at the same time cheesy
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by Tonyet1(m): 1:22pm On Mar 30, 2010
KunleOshob:

@Tonye
No mater how much you try to mis-represent scriptures tithing is not a christian doctrine and it was never taught to christians. Christ never even commanded it [size=14pt]he only endorsed it for the pharisees and the people of the jewish faith [/size] as oppose to christians who are under a totally different and better covenant. That apart  biblical tithing was strictly tithes of the produce of the land and note tithes of "increase" as some criminals try to potray even in the bible passage that uses the word increase it was refering to the increase the fields produce each year which is still agricultural produce and not other income as charlatans who are bent on twisting the word of God are trying to potray.

Deuteronomy 14:22:

22Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year.

So he endorsed a Kingdom custom for the "Hypocrites" to practise, while we the christians watch them grow rich by honoring God. Who now is the Pharisee, the hypocritical Pharisee i mean, you or them? lol

KunleOshob,

No matter how you fail to see tithe, it has remained and will always remain a kingdom custom, why? Because Jehovah himself instructed it on those who love Him. How?

Because He said:

Prov 3:

9 Honor the Lord with your capital and sufficiency [from righteous labors] and with the firstfruits of all your income;

10 So shall your storage places be filled with plenty, and your vats shall be overflowing with new wine.

At least it wasnt Moses who made this verse, but the wisest King of all time who believed in the principle of tithing. And if you say only agricultural produce was instructed, then how come bible said "ABRAHAM WHO FIRST TITHED BEFORE THE LAW WAS SAID TO HAVE TITHED EVERYTHING?" Doesnt the word everything mean/included diamonds, golds, silver (all which were the monies used in his time).

And now Kunleoshob i challenge you before everyone here to show me a passage in the bible that abolished the practise of TITHEING, and if you come up to give me a law passage, THEN I ALSO CHALLENGE YOU BEFORE EVERYONE HERE TO SHOW ME A PASSAGE IN THE BIBLE THAT EXPILICTLY OR OTHERWISE SAID "TITHING IS A LAW" and it should be so clear for everyone to understand.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by ogajim(m): 2:02pm On Mar 30, 2010
Tonye-tithe:

Dude! Unless Jesus Christ is not your High Priest and you as a believer is not in the Royal Priesthood, you can continue this delusion. My debt has been paid on the Cross ( He bore our burdens gladly).

All the old testament "offices" have been abolished; the unpaid ushers, deacons, etc could be your "Levites" today if you ask me, does your tithe go to them?

Revelation 1:6 (King James Version)

6And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

1 Peter 2:9-10 (King James Version)

9But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

10Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

Hebrews 8:10-11 (King James Version)

10For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

You want me to go on?

Shalom bro.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by KunleOshob(m): 2:06pm On Mar 30, 2010
@Tonye
Stop being mischivious, we have been through this countless times and I have proved to you time and time again that tithing the way it is preached today is unbiblical and at best a fraud.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by Tonyet1(m): 2:18pm On Mar 30, 2010
^^^ Kunle stop dilly-dallying here you never want to hear the word "tithe" yet you dont have any genuine reason why the act of tithing should be stopped, since you're the CHIEF-CRUSADER OF ANTI-TITHING then you should at least have scriptural backups to buttress your fight, brace up and answer a simple question like a christian. [size=15pt]PROVE IT![/size] SHOW ME A PASSAGE THAT SAYS TITHING HAS BEEN ABOLISHED or AT LEAST A PASSAGE THAT SAYS TITHING IS A LAW. period!
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by Tonyet1(m): 2:27pm On Mar 30, 2010
ogajim:

Tonye-tithe:

Dude! Unless Jesus Christ is not your High Priest and you as a believer is not in the Royal Priesthood, you can continue this delusion. My debt has been paid on the Cross ( He bore our burdens gladly).

All the old testament "offices" have been abolished; the unpaid ushers, deacons, etc could be your "Levites" today if you ask me, does your tithe go to them?

Revelation 1:6 (King James Version)

6And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

1 Peter 2:9-10 (King James Version)

9But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

10Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

Hebrews 8:10-11 (King James Version)

10For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

You want me to go on?

Shalom bro.

You have said nothing here so far. The best you could do is show me passages that said "TITHING HAS BEEN ABOLISHED" or that said "TITHING IS A LAW" ? or do i need to give you googles to put see the boldened and underlined sentence better?
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by KunleOshob(m): 2:32pm On Mar 30, 2010
Tonye-t:

^^^ Kunle stop dilly-dallying here you never want to hear the word "tithe" yet you dont have any genuine reason why the act of tithing should be stopped, since you're the CHIEF-CRUSADER OF ANTI-TITHING then you should at least have scriptural backups to buttress your fight, brace up and answer a simple question like a christian. [size=15pt]PROVE IT![/size] SHOW ME A PASSAGE THAT SAYS TITHING HAS BEEN ABOLISHED or AT LEAST A PASSAGE THAT SAYS TITHING IS A LAW. period!

On the contrary why don't you show me a single scripture which suggests christians should pay tithes of their income in the bible monetary or otherwise, that apart you know as well as i do that the questions you are asking me are diversionary and it has been thrashed out several times on this forum. AS FAR AS TRUE CHRISTIANITY IS CONCERNED, TITHING IS NOT REQUIRED and those who preach it are either ignorant or fraudulent.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by eghosaobas: 3:12pm On Mar 30, 2010
@Tonye, i can see u are totaly confused, tithing has been brushed severaly on this forum and we have been made to see reason why we should not tithe because its wrong to collect tithe. Can u show me anyother chapter in d bible that encourages tithing apart from malachi 3:8? If u read the whole malachi 3,you will understand that collection of tithing is illegal. So wake up and dont let any of those jobless pastors to feed fat on you.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by ogajim(m): 3:20pm On Mar 30, 2010
eghosaobas:

@Tonye, i can see u are totaly confused, tithing has been brushed severaly on this forum and we have been made to see reason why we should not tithe because its wrong to collect tithe. Can u show me anyother chapter in d bible that encourages tithing apart from malachi 3:8? If u read the whole malachi 3,you will understand that collection of tithing is illegal. So wake up and dont let any of those jobless pastors to feed fat on you.

Not if he is one of those pastors, his buddy Joagbaje is on vacation (it seems) so tonye-tithe is pulling a double shift here cheesy
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by KunleOshob(m): 3:24pm On Mar 30, 2010
ogajim:

Not if he is one of those pastors, his buddy Joagbaje is on vacation (it seems) so tonye-tithe is pulling a double shift here cheesy

It's really a breath ot fresh air that joagabje has not been spewing his usual rubbish on this forum for a while. His posts were really getting very nauseating and sickening. I pray that he truly repents from his evil ways and turn his back on that fraudulent organization called CEC.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by Tonyet1(m): 4:39pm On Mar 30, 2010
KunleOshob:

On the contrary why don't you show me a single scripture which suggests christians should pay tithes of their income in the bible monetary or otherwise, that apart you know as well as i do that the questions you are asking me are diversionary and it has been thrashed out several times on this forum. AS FAR AS TRUE CHRISTIANITY IS CONCERNED, TITHING IS NOT REQUIRED and those who preach it are either ignorant or fraudulent.

* He's asked me a question, i'll answer like a real christian should.

1. Abraham tithed to Melchisedec before the law of Moses was written.

2. Jacob promised to give God tithe, which means Tithing was a custom that exited in the patriarch family in whom the "True seed of God" will come from.

3. Moses never began tithing, he only instituted it on the Israelites becos the old generation who knew God has wiped out and a new one began who knew not the God of Abraham, God of Isaac nor God of Jacob

4. What does Tonye-t mean by "instituted tithe", it means Moses showed them how tithing should be administered within the confinement of the Israel nation since they were not allowed to trade with foreigners

5. Christians believe that the New testament supercedes the Old, therefore some practises were meant to be abhorred.

Ok! what practises, and they say "Tithing" why? They say becos it was part of the Law. But bible never mentioned Tithing as a law, never ever in the whole of the scriptures was it ever mentioned a LAW so where did they get that false concept from.

6. Jesus himself, the all wise and all-greatest still brought the issue of tithing to the new testament.

Here's what Jesus Christ said in the first book of the great NEW TESTAMENT:

Matt.23:23 (NKJV) - Woe to you scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin and have neglected the weightier matters of the law; justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done without leaving the others [Tithe] undone

Matt 23:23 (TLB) "Yes, woe upon you, Pharisees, and you other religious leaders-hypocrites! For you tithe down to the last mint leaf in your garden, but ignore the important things-justice and mercy and faith. Yes, you should tithe, but you shouldn't leave the more important things undone

Matthew 23:23 (HEPV) - And Jesus said to them : practise mercy, practise Justice, practise faithfulness and also i say to you do not neglect to practise Tithing.

Matt 23:23(NIV)- "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices — mint, dill and cummin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law — justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former [ tithe] .

Jesus has said this practise should remain as well as the practise of loving one another, as well as the practise of showing mercy and as well as being faithful to one another and unto God. So who is that hypocrite, who is that biaise brother, who is that sentimental folk that says the practise of tithing is satanic when Jesus says should remain.

Let all men (Majority) remain liers but my God and his word remains true.

And now Kunleoshob i challenge you before everyone here to show me a passage in the bible that abolished the practise of TITHEING, and if you come up to give me a law passage, THEN I ALSO CHALLENGE YOU BEFORE EVERYONE HERE TO SHOW ME A PASSAGE IN THE BIBLE THAT EXPILICTLY OR OTHERWISE SAID "TITHING IS A LAW" and it should be so clear for everyone to understand.
Answer mine like i did yours. God bless you!
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by Tonyet1(m): 4:43pm On Mar 30, 2010
ogajim:

Ogajim, you really should be holding syringes and needles when doctors perform surgeries. An advice! wink wink
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by Tonyet1(m): 4:45pm On Mar 30, 2010
eghosaobas:

Ok mr.Unconfused, lets say i am totally confused,now please COME AND UNCONFUSE MY CONFUSION or forever remain silent. I didnt say so the Jury did. wink wink
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by ogajim(m): 6:15pm On Mar 30, 2010
tonye-tithe, don't get ahead of your self buddy, you keep recycling the same lame, discredited arguements FAKE "MOGs" use to fleece the flock and the very moment you are "defeated", you take a LONG sabbatical to 'Greece' (which I think exists in your head )

Sorry your senior pastor ( Franchise COO) Joagbaje delegated this outreach to you ( associate pastor - senior VP sales) while he goes on vacation, you're kidding your self man not anyone and CERTAINLY not God. I can take you to Eko Ewu if you want so you can see where this business idea (CEC/Love World INC.) was initiated.

I don't see any fresh information from your so called "journey to Greece, insults are not enough to deter some of us from this crusade against fake pastors fleecing unsuspecting flock dry, go and maintain your Jerry curl and leave us alone jare! grin
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by alicianna(f): 8:10pm On Mar 30, 2010
Wow! What are we turning into When did we stop listening to our hearts? I cant believe that this would be an issue.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by Fhemmmy: 9:28pm On Mar 30, 2010
alicianna:

Wow! What are we turning into When did we stop listening to our hearts? I cant believe that this would be an issue.

What has listening to one's heart got to do with paying tithe?
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by Enigma(m): 9:48pm On Mar 30, 2010
Fhemmmy:

What has listening to one's heart got to do with paying tithe?

Because listening to one's heart means a Christian will know God's law in his own heart ---- which is to give the money to the friend. That is what Jesus taught! On top of it there is NO obligation, requirement or necessity for a Christian to "tithe".
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by Traugott(m): 9:58pm On Mar 30, 2010
The friend receives the tithe on God's behalf.

Mat 25:40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

After all, even when you give the pastor your tithe, he was meant to use it to touch lives? undecided
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by aletheia(m): 10:33pm On Mar 30, 2010
This confusion arises because the true gospel of Christ is no longer preached. Instead what we have is a form of salvation by works, wherein people are manipulated through fear to think that there is something they can add to the completed work of Jesus. Today's gospel seeks to convince Christians to keep the Law as a requirement for salvation, and thus we arrive at:
2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof:

For the OP; consider these verses
Jas 2:13 For judgment is without mercy to one who has shown no mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment.
Jas 2:14-23 What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, "Go in peace, be warmed and filled," without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. But someone will say, "You have faith and I have works." Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe--and shudder! Do you want to be shown, you foolish person, that faith apart from works is useless? Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered up his son Isaac on the altar? You see that faith was active along with his works, and faith was completed by his works; and the Scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness"--and he was called a friend of God.
Mat 25:34-40 Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.' Then the righteous will answer him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?' And the King will answer them, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.'

So much for the tithemongers.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by aletheia(m): 10:50pm On Mar 30, 2010
There are some Pharisees in the house as exemplified by Fhemmmy here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-421491.0.html#msg5788958
Paying his tithe might bring favor to him and his friend at the hospital.
Paying his tithe might even give the friend, the healing that is needed . . . .we seems to under-estimate the power of tithing.
That attitude is no different from this:
Mark 7:6-13  And he said to them, "Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written, "'This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from me; in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.' You leave the commandment of God and hold to the tradition of men." And he said to them, "You have a fine way of rejecting the commandment of God in order to establish your tradition! For Moses said, 'Honor your father and your mother'; and, 'Whoever reviles father or mother must surely die.' But you say, 'If a man tells his father or his mother, "Whatever you would have gained from me is Corban"' (that is, given to God)--then you no longer permit him to do anything for his father or mother, thus making void the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. [size=14pt]And many such things you do."[/size]
But of course we know why Pharisees are like that:
Luk 16:14  The Pharisees, who were lovers of money, heard all these things, and they ridiculed him.
And it is no surprise for we are truly in the last days when
2Ti 3:1-4  But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by Enigma(m): 11:11pm On Mar 30, 2010
Traugott:

. . .

After all, even when you give the pastor your tithe, he was meant to use it to touch lives?  undecided

Except that the RCCG for example will tell you that "tithes" is exclusively for the pastor.

Tithe and Offering
Regular payment of tithe and offering is obligatory because it is God's command. It is God's way of providing for the Ministers in the Church. The ministers and other church employees are paid their food, allowance through tithe. The offering is used to cater for the needy in the Church. Tithe and Offering must be paid on every income e.g. salary, profit from business transaction, gifts, etc. Mal. 3:8-12; Gen. 14:19-20; Num. 18:20-21; Deut. 26:12-13; Lev. 27:30; Heb. 7:2-5; I Cor. 16:2; Matt. 23:23. Tithe is exclusively for the minister's welfare.
(all emphases added --- not original)

From earlier discussion here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-413488.0.html#msg5713293
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by InesQor(m): 11:37pm On Mar 30, 2010
All this tithe talk again? undecided

Will people ever learn?

Tithes are not compulsory. Neither have they been banned.

If you want to dash your pastor 10% go ahead. If you want to keep it, go ahead. If you want to give someone else, go ahead!
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by ogajim(m): 2:29am On Mar 31, 2010
^^InesQor, You're spoiling business for tonye-tithe, joagbaje and the jerry curl crew on NL with your submissions. Your submissions might offend them and make them come out with full Artillery with air support next time out cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

You wonder why the good Book warned us that the "love of money is the root of all evil, "/??
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by alicianna(f): 3:25am On Mar 31, 2010
Enigma:

Because listening to one's heart means a Christian will know God's law in his own heart ---- which is to give the money to the friend. That is what Jesus taught! On top of it there is NO obligation, requirement or necessity for a Christian to "tithe".

Thanks , I couldnt have said it better. smiley
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by karo93: 8:14am On Mar 31, 2010
Deut.14.29
This food is for the levites since they have no property and for the foreigners’ orphans and widows in your towns.

Pastors should start sharing tithes equally with their counterparts (foreigners orphans and widows) or we would have to do it ourselves.

I don’t think any pastor is charitable by giving to the needy cos their allowance is in our tithe.
(maybe we need to remind them)
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by xxyz17(m): 8:27am On Mar 31, 2010
@ Karo :with  the you sound, I dont think you pay your tithe. doing God's commandment should not stop you from helping the next man. what pastors do with tithe or offering should not be your business.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by karo93: 9:05am On Mar 31, 2010
@xxyz17
it is not my business but i knw the tithe is not for them alone so i could help them share it.why draw conclusions that i dont pay tithe wen i seem to knw so much about it?

but come to think of it the pastors are cheating their counterparts
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by pstbolanta: 10:23am On Mar 31, 2010
As for me,i eat my tithe with my family according to Deut 22:14. So no pastor can brain wash or confuse me.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by seyenko(m): 11:05am On Mar 31, 2010
[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]The answer is found in the parable of the good Samaritan[/size][/size][/size]

The parable is found in the Gospel of Luke, chapter 10, verses 25-37.

The parable goes;

One day an expert in religious law stood up to test Jesus by asking him this question: “Teacher, what should I do to inherit eternal life?” Jesus replied, “What does the law of Moses say? How do you read it?” The man answered, “‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your strength, and all your mind.’ And, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’” “Right!” Jesus told him. “Do this and you will live!” The man wanted to justify his actions, so he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”

Jesus then replied with a story:

“A Jewish man was travelling on a trip from Jerusalem to Jericho, and he was attacked by bandits. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him up, and left him half dead beside the road. By chance a priest (senior tithe collector) came along. But when he saw the man lying there, he crossed to the other side of the road and passed him by. A Levite (tithe collector) walked over and looked at him lying there, but he also passed by on the other side. Then a despised Samaritan came along, and when he saw the man, he felt compassion for him. Going over to him, the Samaritan soothed his wounds with olive oil and wine and bandaged them. Then he put the man on his own donkey and took him to an inn, where he took care of him. The next day he handed the innkeeper two silver coins, telling him, ‘Take care of this man. If his bill runs higher than this, I’ll pay you the next time I’m here.’ “Now which of these three would you say was a neighbor to the man who was attacked by bandits?” Jesus asked. The man replied, “The one who showed him mercy.” Then Jesus said, “Yes, now go and do the same.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

God's Generals Of Nigeria / The Prophet Of Allah / Lean On Me: Kapital FM Abuja (True Life Story of Joseph Terry)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.