Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,891 members, 7,828,148 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. (7732 Views)

Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe / Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? / Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by Zodiac61(m): 4:20pm On Apr 07, 2010
@kenny888
Your friend, I am sorry to say, is a fool, if he had to seek advice on a no-brainer like this.  If he wants to pay tithe and watch his friend die, surely that is his problem. At least the pastor will have a few good words to say at his friend's funeral.
grin grin grin grin grin
Nigeria is full of MUMUS
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by segyemaro(m): 11:19am On Apr 08, 2010
For how long are we going to go on talking on tithes,that the pastors have taken as a tool to exthort money from ignorance members?
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by Tonyet1(m): 12:42pm On Apr 08, 2010
aletheia:

Won't you thank me? Now that you have been educated on the meaning and use of the word of, you are chasing shadows and further exposing your limited English comprehension (which may account for you despicable practice of twisting scriptures to mean what they don't). What does it take for you to get a dictionary and find out the meaning of these words:
1. Of
2. Nonplussed
3. Non sequitur?

Seriously, get off your high horse or risk falling on your face! It has been comprehensively demonstrated to you that
Matters of the Law = The Law, but your pride will not allow you to admit that you were wrong there.

@Alethiea,

Like seriously, your posts are sounding all the more dumb. My nonresponse to your post should have signaled something to the contrary. But since you won’t let me be, then have it:

1st you said: Matters of the Law = THE LAW

And you further used the instance that if Tonye-t is of Nigeria it insinuates that Tonye-t is a Nigerian. Which as a sentence is correct but being used as an instance in this logic is just  wrong.

Let me explain,

Since you said:                                                                            Matters of the Law =  THE LAW

Therefore i should follow your example to say that:                      Writers of the Law  =  THE LAW

And maybe i should also insinuate from your instance that:      Lovers of the Law   =  THE LAW (does it make any sense, like seriously how does it sound to your logic)

I was even trying to correct you silently but your haste wont let you learn. How can you use the sentence Tonye-t IS OF Nigeria to substantiate the same thing as Matters OF THE law. next time take note: IS OF != OF THE. I wish you’ll realize u gaffe n let me find peace even though i know u wont?  undecided undecided Next time you want to argue grammar try doing so rationally not rashly.  wink wink Cheers!

JeSoul:

I have been content to stay behind the scenes and allow these awesome fellas duke it out with you . . . until you mentioned the above. Dude. You had that other ID that both I and Kunle know about, don't make me expose your behind here and don't chastise InesQor for a crime you yourself have committed a few times. Now carry on. Cheers cool

@ Jesoul,
Sister Mi, hope you know that to assume falsehood or tell lies are both sins  wink wink. Pls I dare you with all humility to prove or expose me if I’ve got two/multi-personalities/id’s here  angry angry. And do it with transparency with substantial proofs  embarassed. And by the way, thanks for the prayers, I made it thru’ my exams successfully on friday. wink wink Cheers!
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by KunleOshob(m): 12:56pm On Apr 08, 2010
@Tonye
Even though your mischief and ignorance has been thoroughly exposed on this forum you still continue arrogantly about it. Let me help you out, maybe you can tell us the relationship of tithes to the law in clear terms if it is not part of he law as Jesus clearly made a correlation between them in your favourite matthew 23:23 and also hebrews 7:5
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by segyemaro(m): 1:09pm On Apr 08, 2010
KunleOshob:

@Tonye
Even though your mischief and ignorance has been thoroughly exposed on this forum you still continue arrogantly about it. Let me help you out, maybe you can tell us the relationship of tithes to the law in clear terms if it is not part of he law as Jesus clearly made a correlation between them in your favourite matthew 23:23 and also hebrews 7:5
kunle are you taking serious tonye"s post?
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by ogajim(m): 1:13pm On Apr 08, 2010
I am sure OP has got the message by now to go ahead and help his friend out.

tonye-tithe is like a well dine steak at this point and all we need do is stick a fork in him! The tithe merchants must be defeated because they're a disgrace to the body of Christ.

Why is it that majority of those that can't get real jobs in Nigeria become pastors? Is there real "calling" among Nigerian pastors anymore other than the call of MONEY?

We sincerely need to stop putting people who aren't worth a dime on a pedestal, it's like a bad case of low self esteem coupled with the inability to discern the Word of God.

, " be wise as serpents and gently as doves, " because they're out to get you and drain your pockets while they're at it.

A word is enough for the wise, cool beans cool cool cool cool
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by segyemaro(m): 1:20pm On Apr 08, 2010
ogajim:

I am sure OP has got the message by now to go ahead and help his friend out.

tonye-tithe is like a well dine steak at this point and all we need do is stick a fork in him! The tithe merchants must be defeated because they're a disgrace to the body of Christ.

Why is it that majority of those that can't get real jobs in Nigeria become pastors? Is there real "calling" among Nigerian pastors anymore other than the call of MONEY?

We sincerely need to stop putting people who aren't worth a dime on a pedestal, it's like a bad case of low self esteem coupled with the inability to discern the Word of God.

, " be wise as serpents and gently as doves, " because they're out to get you and drain your pockets while they're at it.

A word is enough for the wise, cool beans cool cool cool cool
my brother may God bless you 7 times everyday,you just made my day.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by JeSoul(f): 1:34pm On Apr 08, 2010
Tonye-t:

@ Jesoul,
Sister Mi, hope you know that to assume falsehood or tell lies are both sins wink wink. Pls I dare you with all humility to prove or expose me if I’ve got two/multi-personalities/id’s here angry angry. And do it with transparency with substantial proofs embarassed. And by the way, thanks for the prayers, I made it thru’ my exams successfully on friday. wink wink Cheers!

Tonye, you know you are one of my brother of brothers in spite of our differences smiley. I have no intention of "exposing" anything lol. If you say it is not you, then I will take your word for it and leave it at that.

And in more important news Congrats! smiley so when is the party? abi you think say my prayers were for free? grin
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by aletheia(m): 2:18pm On Apr 08, 2010
Tonye-t:

@Alethiea,
1st you said: Matters of the Law = THE LAW

And you further used the instance that if Tonye-t is of Nigeria it insinuates that Tonye-t is a Nigerian. Which as a sentence is correct but being used as an instance in this logic is just  wrong.

Let me explain,

Since you said:                                                                            Matters of the Law =  THE LAW

Therefore i should follow your example to say that:                      Writers of the Law  =  THE LAW

And maybe i should also insinuate from your instance that:      Lovers of the Law   =  THE LAW (does it make any sense, like seriously how does it sound to your logic)

Your post clearly demonstrates:
a. You have difficulty understanding English
b. You have difficulty understanding logic
c. You have difficulty accepting when you are wrong
d. You have difficulty ceasing from digging when you are in a hole
e. You have difficulty realizing that you are drowning and are thereby clutching at straws:

Hence your straw man argument about logic, but we are educating you about the meaning of the word [size=16pt]of[/size], and even if it were about logic; logic is dependent upon language and the meaning of words. It is obvious that you need to invest in a god English dictionary.

Advice to you: drop the arrogance and stop digging. But then this English idiom may just be over your head. Cheers.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by nuclearboy(m): 6:43am On Apr 09, 2010
Aletheia:

I had almost this same conversation with a younger friend at home awhile back. He almost turned violent ( shocked ) with me and eventually I realised what the issue is - these people have sold their hopes to other men whose "anointing" they hope to turn towards them personally one day. They believe they're sowing towards that when they become acolytes. When you try to educate them, you're telling them to lose that hope of "hitting" it big when that anointing turns to them. It comes from laziness and a desire for "miracles" rather than them BEING a miracle! Jesus gave a name to a generation that seeks signs rather than being "the" sign to all men. Usually, they end up frustrated.

The women become loose (as evidenced by what we see in those churches) and marry/sleep around for money. Evening services, they pretend holiness whist giving testimonies of sudden elevations at work, with arms raised up as though grabbing God by the gonads yet with semen running down thighs as they do so! The men over-reach themselves, become debtors hoping a miracle will come pay the bills, using loans to "show logo" rather than invest and when they invest, its in the service industries (short term hopefully fast returns) rather than production.

They are kept under control by exhortations of not being "of enough faith" or that "they've not tapped into the kingdom resources enough". Thats why they call them WOF - daftly, they repeatedly recite expressions of faith hope (effectively attempting the practice of witchcraft since its manipulative rather than based on God's will). Its a vicious cycle. Recite and "claim", hope for change, loan as much as possible and "show" logo (of course paying tithe and pastoral gifts out of loans, gifts, income, whatever), get nowhere, refuse (hopeless fear of being called of no faith) to see truth and go to church as much as 6ce weekly for another "anointing" which is basically an excitement inciting pep-talk encouraging you to shout louder, kabash (speak in tongues) endlessly and recite more "words of faith".

The longer you spend in the system, the worse your situation and delusion becomes and suddenly we hear "Banker steals 10M and gives to church". The pressure has broken the guy and in desperation, he steals to give "daddy" so "daddy" is forced to notice him and can use the special powers to provide the miracle that will remove the debt in his life. When they become an embarrassment, they are forced out by being ignored. Shame and reality force them to be quiet and usually they leave christianity or just maintain a semblance of it. Of course, many more have taken their place so the "MOG" is on a roll.

Don't bother insulting Tonye-t. The guy's skin is thicker than that of a crocodile as he's being trained to see only the MOG's words as being of any importance. Remember Pavlov's dog from Biology? What matters is the reader who goes through this thread, gets the point, asks questions and walks away with knowledge. The time will come when even our Tonye-ts will realise that the wolves Jesus said are in His flock cannot but include some of the pastors. Then they will ask if their own is inclusive and truth will start to come to them.

BTW, the guy I discussed with has not being to my place since that day. This is someone who was quite close to me for over a decade - that gives you an indication of how deep the delusion and bondage can be.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by KunleOshob(m): 8:34am On Apr 09, 2010
nuclearboy:

BTW, the guy I discussed with has not being to my place since that day. This is someone who was quite close to me for over a decade - that gives you an indication of how deep the delusion and bondage can be.

His pastor probably told him to stay away from you. He would have told him you are an agent of the devil and the devil wants to use you to rob him of his imaginary blessings.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by kenny888: 10:57am On Apr 09, 2010
Thats right. I see no reason why tonye is supporting tithing, i want to believe you are either a pasto or you are benefiting from it.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by aletheia(m): 11:31am On Apr 09, 2010
@nuclearboy.
Thanks. I was beginning to get irritated by Tonye-t's blatant manipulation of words. I guess I should have heeded this scripture.

1 Tim 6:3-6 If anyone teaches a different doctrine and does not agree with the sound words of our Lord Jesus Christ and the teaching that accords with godliness, he is puffed up with conceit and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy craving for controversy and for quarrels about words, which produce envy, dissension, slander, evil suspicions, and constant friction among people who are depraved in mind and deprived of the truth, imagining that godliness is a means of gain. Now there is great gain in godliness with contentment,
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by ogajim(m): 2:22pm On Apr 09, 2010
Nuke boy is totally on POINT. These guys and gals have been turned into Zombies, they remind me of the old "phonogram" (or was it phonodisk ?) motto and logo with the dog and the caption "his master's voice" grin grin grin grin
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by eghosaobas: 2:52pm On Apr 10, 2010
Ogajim,wetin you take that one mean?
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by eghosaobas: 8:58am On Apr 12, 2010
Ogajim are you not there?
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by osaromike: 3:22pm On Apr 12, 2010
He is missing in action!
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by KunleOshob(m): 3:29pm On Apr 12, 2010
This scripture is very relevant to this thread, i hope those who love distorting the word of God for their own selfish gain are reading:

Matthew 15:3-9:

3 Jesus replied, “And why do you, by your traditions[tithes], violate the direct commandments of God? 4 For instance, God says, ‘Honor your father and mother, and ‘Anyone who speaks disrespectfully of father or mother must be put to death.’ 5 But you say it is all right for people to say to their parents, ‘Sorry, I can’t help you. For I have vowed to give to God what I would have given to you.’ 6 In this way, you say they don’t need to honor their parents. And so you cancel the word of God for the sake of your own tradition. 7 You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you, for he wrote,
8 ‘These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
9 Their worship is a farce,
for they teach man-made ideas as commands from God.’
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by nuclearboy(m): 4:32pm On Apr 12, 2010
@Kunle:

I hope you don't mind! Let me re-phrase your words so it can be clearer to them.

KunleOshob:

But you say it is all right for people to say to those who need help, ‘Sorry, I can’t help you. For I have vowed to give to my rich pastor what I would have used to help you out of your problem thereby showing God's Love to my neighbor.’ 6 In this way, you say we no longer need the commandment to love our neighbors as ourselves as only our pastor needs to be catered to. And so you cancel the word of God for the sake of your own greed thinking you can get a blessing from God though disobeying Him[/b]. 7 You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you, for he wrote,
8 ‘These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
9 Their worship is a farce,
for they teach Rhapsody of Realities as greater than the Bible and as commands from God.’

Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by KunleOshob(m): 5:04pm On Apr 12, 2010
nuclearboy:

@Kunle:

I hope you don't mind! Let me re-phrase your words so it can be clearer to them.

I definitely don't mind grin it helps put the passage into clearer easy to understand perspective.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by pstbolanta: 5:46pm On Apr 12, 2010
Kunle i am always blessed each time i read your post.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by kenny888: 8:53am On Apr 13, 2010
Kunle may God bless you,you are the reason why i am always coming to this forum because there is always wisdom in your posts.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by KunleOshob(m): 9:03am On Apr 13, 2010
pstbolanta:

Kunle i am always blessed each time i read your post.
kenny888:

Kunle may God bless you,you are the reason why i am always coming to this forum because there is always wisdom in your posts.

Thanx guys, i am humbled! It nice to know people appreciate the efforts i am making on this forum.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by nuclearboy(m): 9:19am On Apr 13, 2010
@Kunle:

Well, well! Maybe its time you started a fellowship in Lagos. Sure it will be filled daily. But NO TITHES O! grin
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by pstbolanta: 9:36am On Apr 13, 2010
Nuclear boy,i support you.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by segyemaro(m): 10:09am On Apr 13, 2010
Kunle,pls i would be your TREASURE. Pls take note.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by KunleOshob(m): 10:17am On Apr 13, 2010
grin grin grin

I see you guys want to drag me into "church" business grin

Even though i have a desire to share christian truths with others i am not inclined to start any fellowship, movement or church. If ever i go into ministry, my idea of of ministry would be to set up a charitable organization to help those in need focusing on less priviledge children i believe in so doing you would impact possitively on their lives whilst showing them the love of christ.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by segyemaro(m): 3:08pm On Apr 13, 2010
Kunle thats a good idea.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by Zodiac61(m): 8:10pm On Apr 13, 2010
KunleOshob:

grin grin grin

I see you guys want to drag me into "church" business grin

Even though i have a desire to share christian truths with others i am not inclined to start any fellowship, movement or church. If ever i go into ministry, my idea of of ministry would be to set up a charitable organization to help those in need focusing on less priviledge children i believe in so doing you would impact possitively on their lives whilst showing them the love of christ.
Even though I find it difficult to believe in your god, if you ever set up that charitable organisation, I may support it.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by Image123(m): 7:12am On Apr 14, 2010
So this is where kunle and his friends are having palmwine. Let me greet them since I'm passing, with the hope that they'll not cajole me to stay.
I know kenny888 and his innocent lies, but assuming he's telling the truth. Why is his friend having only his tithe at home? What happened to the 90%? Did he use it for cooperative, or he sent it to the 'needy'. I thought the tithe should have been paid/given long time ago if he really meant to tithe from the heart.
K K, I greet una o!
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by KunleOshob(m): 8:54am On Apr 14, 2010
Zodiac61:

Even though I find it difficult to believe in your god, if you ever set up that charitable organisation, I may support it.

Thanx for the gesture, but really there are so many opportunities to help the poor and needy out there, you don't have to wait for someone to set up an organization before you assist. There somany orphanges and motherless babies homes that need assistance. There are also seeral sick people who ar being thrown out of hospital regularly becos they can't pay hospital bills i think these would be good places to start.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by Zodiac61(m): 9:16am On Apr 14, 2010
KunleOshob:

Thanx for the gesture, but really there are so many opportunities to help the poor and needy out there, you don't have to wait for someone to set up an organization before you assist. There somany orphanges and motherless babies homes that need assistance. There are also seeral sick people who ar being thrown out of hospital regularly becos they can't pay hospital bills i think these would be good places to start.
I already support a few. One more will not hurt me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria / Man Gives £480 Million To Church In 'Pact With God' / God's Generals Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.