Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,958 members, 7,828,390 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. (7735 Views)

Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe / Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? / Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by Joagbaje(m): 8:55pm On Apr 15, 2010
Alll these funny funny posts. Why is it only tithes they have left to rescue emmergency. Yesterday , tithe or house rent, Today,tithe or hospital  tommorow a woman will be in labour and guess what ? "should we buy nappy for the baby or pay tithe?.

All these funny posts . Is it to discredit tithing? Tithing is an ordinace forever, It is our honour, worshhip to Gpd as our source. The primary way by which the work of God and the ministers are supoorted is through tithes and offerings and there is nothing the devil can do about that.

1 Cor. 9:13-14
Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? [14] Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by nuclearboy(m): 9:17pm On Apr 15, 2010
^^^ Deut 26 establishes the first fruit and tithe! Some of your first produce (agric or Cash). Then the THIRD YEAR is EXPLICITLY called the year of the tithe by GOD Almighty Himself. Where is the slowpoke that wants to change God's Word and why?

Tithing (as it is practised today in business churches) is being attacked because they are the robbers, stealing from JESUS (the poor, needy, stranger, fatherless, widow) and giving it to their own lusts.

Let the reader consider this and pay his tithe to those who own it - according to God, the poor etc (who cannot pay you back themselves), then see if you will not find that reward that has eluded you till date. Paying to business pastors is the robbery Malachi 3 speaks of!

And yes, they which minister live of the things of the temple - proceeds of their books, gifts in Millions of Naira, cars given to them by the wealthy in their ministries and many other such! E no dey reach? Ole! Barawo!
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by Snowwy: 9:36pm On Apr 15, 2010
@nuclearboy,
why can you not do that i.e. stick bangers up people noses and set them off? Because you are a christian or the law could catch up with you?
All because people do not share your views or you are so angered by the church?
I gave some scriptures in my other post so I do not understand why you say I have no scriptural backing to what I said. Thanks you have showed us the helps you have been doing but don't assume its only you that help others. People pay tithe and still go all out to assist the needy. So whats up?
1. The tax example was an analogy. Tax is "ceasar's" and we all pay it except you say you don't. Mark 12:14-17
2. Pls check my previous post for the scripture verses I gave
3. You have been interpreting scriptures like I have so how have I decided on behalf of God. Please nuclear boy.
4. I gave the issue of the poor/needy as is seen in our world today just as you have seen the way the church/pastor's are flambouyant in lifestyle.
So what is the difference between what you are saying and what I am saying. You believe pastor's misuse tithes. Hello!
I said because some poor people misuse alms, does it mean we should still not assist the poor? Common!

You have just misinterpreted me.
Well its ok you know, God will lead us.

Let the reader consider this and pay his tithe to those who own it - according to God, the poor etc (who cannot pay you back themselves), then see if you will not find that reward that has eluded you till date. Paying to business pastors is the robbery Malachi 3 speaks of!
Hmmmmn! So we should still pay tithe after all your posts above? cool
And your interpretation of Malachi 3? So you are doing what you accused me of in your number 3 above. Typical!

@Enigma
Thanks. You have dissected my post earlier and given me some words of advice. Lets leave it as it is.
Cheers.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by nuclearboy(m): 9:45pm On Apr 15, 2010
@Snowy:

Maturity brings the capability to laugh at oneself! Did you notice the smiley when I spoke of bangers? wink My views are not important. God's Word is! I gave an example of how to help and of the issues in real lives and where you could go to if you truly wish to show love and compared to the "theory" of pastor based tithes.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by Snowwy: 8:06am On Apr 16, 2010
Posted by: ogajim 

Snowwy Dude!

What you fail to understand is that God MANDATES Christians to help those around us Christian or not, I am not coming from the perspective of how it is spent, I am of the opinion it is not required, mandated or even encouraged. Can you count how many time Jesus Christ reiterated the need for us to love one another, honor thy father and thy mother, mercy, forgiveness, etc? Yet he only happened to mention tithe once in passing and you guys latch on to it?
The only motivation "Churches" have for preaching it is GREED, they have built this "magnificent edifice" and now need to tax their members to maintain and support operations when our Lord and savior DOESN'T live in Temples built with human hands.

Acts 7:48-49 (King James Version)

48Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,

49Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?

Why was Stephen martyred?

Ogajim,
Just to respond to your question to me, what do you term 'in passing'? The same bible says we would be judged for every idle word. Please I don't want to assume you are saying that word is idle. shocked. Jesus said it in case you are forgetting.

Before Jesus death he spoke to the pharises in Matt 23:23 which you say we latch on to.
Yet Jesus spoke to one of the pharises in John 3:1-17 about being born again while as you said 'still under the law' in your quote below:

Posted by: ogajim 

Snowwy, DUDE!

The malachi 3 that's been used over and over to fleece the flock has been reviewed thoroughly here on NL and found to be a fraudulent application in most of today's Churches as it was specifically directed at the Levites who took care of everything from Temple maintenance to administration for the Israelites.
When Malachi don't do the job, you guys retort to Abram's tithe to Melchizedek, etc enough already. God doesn't live in MAN MADE TEMPLES (remember that dude!)

The law was still in effect when Jesus made the comments in Matthew 23:23 and I wonder why you continue with it after he already fulfilled the LAW.

Unless you are telling us not to abide by John 3:1-17 too which Jesus admonished the pharisee since 'The law was still in effect' then shocked
Do you see the way you are tangling yourslef more in a web of assumptions.
There are a lot of things Jesus said during His ministry on earth, please DO NOT MAKE LIGHT OF ANYTHING HE SAID!

We are meant to be more like Jesus and follow His teachings. What is so wrong therefore in people who honour their God with a tenth of their income then?
Your statement 'The only motivation "Churches" have for preaching it is GREED' is very wrong my dear. You don't have absolute knowledge of the church except you have turned yourself to God.
No one is forced to pay tithe. We all have a choice as God has given us to. You have a choice to follow God or not.
But the Way of Life is through Jesus and that you know. Thank God.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by Zikkyy(m): 8:45am On Apr 16, 2010
Snowwy:

So what is the difference between what you are saying and what I am saying. You believe pastor's misuse tithes. Hello!
I said because some poor people misuse alms, does it mean we should still not assist the poor? Common!

You continue to miss the point here Snowwy, the tithe was never for the pastor's use. The issue has always been whether its a christian obligation/requirements or optional (at your discretion). God will not punish you if dont remit 10% of your income to the church, but you can still go ahead and do that if thats how you want to express your appreciation/gratitude to the Almighty. It shouldn't be because Jesus said or did not say. I think it best to understand why the Isrealite were required give out 10% of their farm produce.

Maybe we can share thoughts later, if you are interested.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by Zikkyy(m): 8:50am On Apr 16, 2010
Snowwy:

We are meant to be more like Jesus and follow His teachings. What is so wrong therefore in people who honour their God with a tenth of their income then?

Absolutely nothing wrong with this. I think its a personal choice.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by Zikkyy(m): 8:56am On Apr 16, 2010
Snowwy:

Your statement 'The only motivation "Churches" have for preaching it is GREED' is very wrong my dear. You don't have absolute knowledge of the church except you have turned yourself to God.

The post below might provide some insight, help you understand what Ogajim was getting at.

Joagbaje:

The primary way by which the work of God and the ministers are supoorted is through tithes and offerings and there is nothing the devil can do about that.

[b]1 Cor. 9:13-14
Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? [14] Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.
[/b]

As long as pastors see tithe as a means for enriching themselves, they will continue to support and preach it. Its all about fund raising to pastor expenses as you can see.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by kenny888: 9:00am On Apr 16, 2010
Snowwy what is the question you have for me or my friend?
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by Snowwy: 9:31am On Apr 16, 2010
@Zikkyy, you sure are a good advocate for ogajim's cheesy I guess we should let him respond to what he posted though.
However, thanks for your posts. You do not have issues with tithes but the preaching of it.
The word of God is enough proof of His word. He will see us through.
Nice to chat with you.

@kenny888
Since you know I have a question for you, please scroll to page 6 for it?
However, a lot of 'concerned' posters have responded on your behalf and we have had quite a conversation.
Do scroll through and if you still need to add something, you are free.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by KunleOshob(m): 9:53am On Apr 16, 2010
@snowwy
Apart from the fact that tithes the way it is defined and preached by churches today is wrong as biblical tithes was never money but produce of the land which is not equal to one's total earnings or in the cases of non - farmers it was not even part of their earnings [Even the tithe Jesus spoke about in matthew 23 was not money but mint and cummin which were herbs and not money] tithes was anulled in the bible for christians, a careful study of hebrews 7 makes this crystal clear. If you read the deuteronomy passage i referred you to, you would have read that tithes was food eaten by the tither and his family himself and also shared with the less priviledge and levites in the presence of God. How can this now possibly be twisted to mean money to meant exclusively for pastors or the church It still beats my imagination. One reading of deuteronomy 14:22-29 is usually enough to convince the most ahdent tithers that the way it is defined in churches today is a fraud, i wonder why you hang on to this fallacy, is it beocs of the threats of curses pastors used to intimidate people into falling for the scam? The bible says that "ye shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free" [from bondages such as compulsary tithing] Why then do pastors twist God's word and preach tithing contrary to the biblical standard that is not even relevant to christians? The bible answers this question aptly in Jeremiah 8:

Jeremiah 8:8-10:

8 “‘How can you say, “We are wise because we have the word of the Lord,”
when your teachers have twisted it by writing lies
?
9 These wise teachers will fall
into the trap of their own foolishness,
for they have rejected the word of the Lord.
Are they so wise after all?
10 I will give their wives to others
and their farms to strangers.
From the least to the greatest,
their lives are ruled by greed.
Yes, even my prophets and priests are like that.
They are all frauds.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by KunleOshob(m): 10:02am On Apr 16, 2010
@snowwy
I decided to post the hebrew passge i mentioned which makes it clear that tithing is not meant for christians.

Hebrews 7:5-19:

5And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:

6But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises.

7And without all contradiction the less is blessed of the better.

8And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth.

9And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham.

10For he was yet in the loins of his father, when Melchisedec met him.

11If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?

12For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

13For he of whom these things are spoken pertaineth to another tribe, of which no man gave attendance at the altar.

14For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood.

15And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest,

16Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.

17For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

18For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.

19For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.

Hope you noticed the correlation between verse 5 and verse 18, it is the same "commandment" mentioned in verse 5 that was anulled in verse 18, but your pastor wouldn't show you these parts of the bible becos of their love for filthy lucre.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by Snowwy: 10:58am On Apr 16, 2010
@KunleOshob,
you can see where interpretation plays a major role in God's word. I have read, re-read and this is the 'commandment' you are talking about :

@snowwy
I decided to post the hebrew passge i mentioned which makes it clear that tithing is not meant for christians.

5And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:

6But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises.

8And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth.

New International Version
In the one case, the tenth is collected by men who die; but in the other case, by him who is declared to be living.

New Living Translation
The priests who collect tithes are men who die, so Melchizedek is greater than they are, because we are told that he lives on.
[i][/i]

11If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?

12For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

13For he of whom these things are spoken pertaineth to another tribe, of which no man gave attendance at the altar.

14For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood.

15And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest,

16Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.

18For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.

19For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.

Hope you noticed the correlation between verse 5 and verse 18, it is the same "commandment" mentioned in verse 5 that was anulled in verse 18, but your pastor wouldn't show you these parts of the bible becos of their love for filthy lucre.

Please pay cognisance to verse 16. 'WHO IS MADE' not after the law of a carnal commandment.
The priests were made then after the tribe Moses spake of concerning priesthood which are Levites.

This scripture shows that Jesus is our priest not after the carnal law of only Levites being priests but after the power of an endless life.

Thats the reason for the emphasis in Vr 17 and 21 below:
(For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedecsmiley

That is the commandment here relating to verse 18.
Do re-read and let the Lord inspire you and don't be quick to judge this matter.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by Image123(m): 12:23pm On Apr 16, 2010
I WILL TITHE AND TITHE AND TITHE TILL I tighten every untightened blessing to myself forever more. grin grin
Tithe haters can go and vomit. TITHE FOR LIFE
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by kenny888: 12:31pm On Apr 16, 2010
Yea i have gone through all the individual contributions,i have been so blessed. But what i observed is that snowwy is confused,he is just busy mixing the whole thing.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by karo93: 12:38pm On Apr 16, 2010
it all depends on why you tithe

if you tithe because you your pastor said it is an obligation or because of what you plan to get from God i assure you that you wont get any blessings for what makes you different from a gold digger or a hypocrite?

the only tithers that get returns are those who tithe out of love and the desire to help others for Deut.14.29 says

"This food is for the levites since they have no property and for the foreigners’ orphans and widows in your towns".
the tithe was as a means to help the poor for God did not want them to suffer.giving to a rich pastor is not the same as helping the poor

so i think that instead of giving to a pastor who already has possesions and now spends his money going abroad and sending his children to school there while porverty is raging in the country,it would be better to give that tithe to the poor and i assure you that God will bless you for it.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by KunleOshob(m): 12:42pm On Apr 16, 2010
Snowwy:

@KunleOshob,
you can see where interpretation plays a major role in God's word. I have read, re-read and this is the 'commandment' you are talking about :

Please pay cognisance to verse 16. 'WHO IS MADE' not after the law of a carnal commandment.
The priests were made then after the tribe Moses spake of concerning priesthood which are Levites.

This scripture shows that Jesus is our priest not after the carnal law of only Levites being priests but after the power of an endless life.

Thats the reason for the emphasis in Vr 17 and 21 below:
(For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedecsmiley

That is the commandment here relating to verse 18.
Do re-read and let the Lord inspire you and don't be quick to judge this matter.

Any which way you want to look at it, from that passage we can deduce that tithing was a requirement of the levitical priesthood which we are no longer under, so wether it was talking about tithes directly or indirectly as part of the levitical preisthood it has been anulled and described as weak and unprofitable  grin That apart there is not one single shred of evidence that the culture of tithing was introduced to christianity by the apostles who where ordained by christ himself to spread the gospel and establish the "church". Tithing was never part of christian giving even though there are tonnes of teachings on giving by the apostles, not one of them ever mentioned tithes remotely except the writer of Hebrew who condenmed it along with the levitical priesthood. Surely if tithing was meant to be a part of christian practises the apostles would have taught on it, instead they taught fre will givings as predetermined in our heart.

That aside i have proven to you that mordern day tithing is totally different from the one ordained by God in the old testament, implying that what is practised today is twisted, wrong and not in consonance with the directives of God to the Israelites[not christians] I also showed you a passage in the bible were God himself stated preachers twist his word becos of their greed, is this tithe episode not a very glaring case of God's word being twisted   i would like to have your comments on this twist angle co it is obvious tithing today has been twisted from biblical tithing.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by KunleOshob(m): 12:51pm On Apr 16, 2010
Image123:

I WILL TITHE AND TITHE AND TITHE TILL I tighten every untightened blessing to myself forever more. grin grin
Tithe haters can go and vomit. TITHE FOR LIFE

Abeg stop making noise it is obvious you are a tithe collector and not a giver of tithes. Your fellow cohorts who used to argue with me on tithing three years ago have since seen the light and walked out of bondage. You are the only one still rooting for it cos of the filthy lucre you enjoy from it tongue don't worry very soon this campaign against tithes would be escalated and it would come into the full glare of the public back with biblical facts that tithing is a fraud against christians i would see how you would continue to receive "TITHE FOR LIFE" after that. grin
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by Snowwy: 1:00pm On Apr 16, 2010
@KunleOshob,
You have a right to your opinion.
At least that scripture shows before the law there was tithe (Heb 7:6) and during the law was tithe (Heb 7:5) and also Heb 7:8 shows that tithe remains though to a different type of priest not made by the law. That's apart from what Jesus said in Matt 23:23 which is valid.
This is proven from the very scripture you are using to discredit tithe in the first place.

I will still mention that most good things are twisted. God created man for his pleasure yet the devil twisted that purpose but God sent His Son to bring us back to Himself.
Since you have said you don't believe in tithe, so be it. Lets leave the rest to God.
Afterall, God has said He would judge them in the  Jeremaiah 8 scripture you quoted so quit doing that on His behalf. On the last day He will seperate the wheat from the weeds. Oh, just be patient.

As per all those that have walked, I am sure you quoted your own version of Heb 7 to them. If that makes you happy, thats sure a shame.
Also for all those having issues with tithe, why don't you have issues with offerings too.
Offerings are also given to God and paid in the church. Unless you now claim you don't even give offerings because the pastor of your church is rich lipsrsealed

kenny888:

Yea i have gone through all the individual contributions,i have been so blessed. But what i observed is that snowwy is confused,he is just busy mixing the whole thing.
You started this thread yet I am yet to see the major contribution you have made. You didn't answer my question but yet you say everything is mixed up.
Maybe you should see the way KunleOshob, your mentor, keeps quoting scriptures and once he sees his misinterpretation has been busted he runs to another not bearing any semblance to the topic, thats what i call mixing up.
Very typical, I am not surprised. You have gotten the responses you wanted to use to confirm your initial post anyway.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by KunleOshob(m): 1:42pm On Apr 16, 2010
@snowwy
The onus still remains on tithing proponents to show us from undiluted scripture why christians should tithe and the basis for twisting the word of God in the bible to justify the type of unbiblical tithing being preached today.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by pstbolanta: 1:55pm On Apr 16, 2010
Snowwy,are you sure you are not a tithe collector? Because if we give you chance,you go beat kunle.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by KunleOshob(m): 2:18pm On Apr 16, 2010
@snowwy
As you would recall the tithe spoken of in Malachi 3:10 is based on the obsolete Jewish laws, i sincerely hope you ae not basing your tithing on the irrelevant malachi passage hence ou could be in danger of cutting yourself away from the saving Grace of our lord Jesus Christ going by what is written in Galatians 5:4

Galatians 5:4:
4 For if you are trying to make yourselves right with God by keeping the law, you have been cut off from Christ! You have fallen away from God’s grace.

Also

Galatians 3:10-13:

10 But those who depend on the law to make them right with God are under his curse, for the Scriptures say, “Cursed is everyone who does not observe and obey all the commands that are written in God’s Book of the Law.” 11 So it is clear that no one can be made right with God by trying to keep the law. For the Scriptures say, “It is through faith that a righteous person has life.” 12 This way of faith is very different from the way of law, which says, “It is through obeying the law that a person has life.”

13 But Christ has rescued us from the curse pronounced by the law. When he was hung on the cross, he took upon himself the curse for our wrongdoing. For it is written in the Scriptures, “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree.”

The above is very clear, don't allow any one to put you under a curse by trying to fufill an obsolete law. The law [tithing inclusive] is not relevat to christians and trying to keep it is actually dangerous for ones salvation as it shows lack of faith in the saving grace of christ. As the good book says "people perish for lack of knowledge" i pray such does not become your case IJN amen.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by Snowwy: 2:52pm On Apr 16, 2010
@KunleOshob,
Its obvious you have an opinion which I respect but please respect that of mine and others too.
You do not have absolute knowledge so like I said earlier stop acting like you are an absolute judge.

You have suddenly stopped talking about the Hebrews 7 scriptures you brought up which showed that tithes came before the law, was observed during the law and after the law. Or should I say your favourite scripture you misinterpreted to discredit tithe got busted grin

You believe tithing is a law so that's the reason for your last response and that is your opinion, the scripture you misinterpreted was all in your eagerness to discredit tithe. Or has my previous post not shown it so?

The person I asked my initial question has confirmed all he needed was a confirmation of his initial post which you have done so its alright.
May we not all perish for lack of knowledge not only in tithing but in other areas, its a prayer we should pray often on our quest for perfection.
Thank you. cool
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by Image123(m): 3:06pm On Apr 16, 2010
Snowwy
Please, notice how kenny888 is loggin in and out under differing IDs in an attempt to make major contributions to this thread.

Kunle
I thought you'll just ignore me na, you yielded to the temptation. It bites you that snowy is not the only person left on nairaland who believes in tithes. Sorry to pierce your hardened heart. Do you know what rooting means at all, cos I'm just starting to branch. All this wide mouth about proving beyond shadow of doubt that tithe is 'unscriptural'. . Take time o! I won't speak of myself. Do you remember pilgrim, and how she made you disoriented at will? Don't let me mention others before I put fear into your soul. I like to see people live by faith. You, hebrews 7? You must have thought of tearing that portion out in shame when it was expounded years back to you. Now see what the enemy has sown while men slept.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by kenny888: 3:19pm On Apr 16, 2010
@image123,you said i am going off and on,my friend i am in the office and i work in a bank. Do you now expect me to abadon my job because of nairaland,no way.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by Snowwy: 3:23pm On Apr 16, 2010
@Image123
Lets keep following biblical injunctions and not what men profess. We also are to be like the Berean Christians and do our bible study daily then we will not be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
We are to be a good example for others to see and follow in our speech and conduct, in love in faith and purity. There's a whole lot to living as Christ instructed than for all this.
Cheers and nice to 'chat' you. cheesy
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by KunleOshob(m): 3:30pm On Apr 16, 2010
Snowwy:

@KunleOshob,

You have suddenly stopped talking about the Hebrews 7 scriptures you brought up which showed that tithes came before the law, was observed during the law and after the law. Or should I say your favourite scripture you misinterpreted to discredit tithe got busted? grin

Hebrews 7 makes it crystal clear that tithing and the levitical priesthood has been anulled any which way you want to interprete it, the fact that like your mentors you choose to twist scriptures and interprete it in a way that suits you does not change that fact. That aside the onus is on tithe mongers to show us from undiluted scriptures that tithing is required for christians as the apostles commissioned by christ to establish christianity never taught the scam as part of Apostolic teachings. Remember the bible also warns againt adding to the scriptures, removing from it or twisting it  tongue if you choose to place your self under the curse of tithing, na you know, at least you can't claim that you were not told.  cool

@Image123
I understand your own problem, even though you have since known that tithing is unscriptural you can't denounce it and repent because of your love for filthy lucre. I suggest you go get a decent Job and stop living off deceiving others.  smiley
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by mabell: 10:44am On Apr 17, 2010
@ poster, you have not really said the reason for this post
why did he have to meet with you after talking with his pastor
why did he keep his tithe with him till he had spent his remaining income

@kunle oshob and fellow tithe haters
you sound like you after christians who are being duped by their monies all in the name of tithing but you are actually the ones they should look out for.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by nuclearboy(m): 10:53am On Apr 17, 2010
^^^ Glad you know and acknowledge they "are being duped in the name of tithing".

I suggest you read Deut 26 from the first verse to the end and know God's Will concerning giving! ROR is written by a human like you and tomorrow, God could decide to make you greater!
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by ogajim(m): 1:39pm On Apr 17, 2010
Snowwy might be one of the regular "combatants" who morphed into another alias with this acrobatics that has no Scriptural base, his/her antics amount to Ecclisiastical nonsense at best.

KunleOshob:

@snowwy

Snowwy must not have heard the fact that we are all Priests now- royal priesthood and only have one High Priest-Jesus Christ, everyone else is at best an "elder"

Methinks snowwy might be a pastor or under the influence of some heave dose of "zombism", my God doesn't live in man made Temples snowwy but in ME as a believer and doer of his WORK.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by kenny888: 1:46pm On Apr 17, 2010
@mabell, yes my friend did told me that he has already met his pastor before coming to meet me. He said the pastor told him tn bring his tithe to the church and fulfil his obligation in mal 3:8,that God would take care of his friend. He said he became confuse and his conscience was not settled thats why he came to me.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by kenny888: 10:28am On Apr 19, 2010
@mabell,can you tell me the meaning of TITHE?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Prophet Of Allah / Lean On Me: Kapital FM Abuja (True Life Story of Joseph Terry) / Is Majek Fashek A Prophet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.