Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,898 members, 7,828,163 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. (7733 Views)

Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe / Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? / Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by Tonyet1(m): 5:36pm On Apr 19, 2010
God i have been missing in action, cant wait to get thru' my projects and come back to ask these hypocrites some scriptural questions. only i pray they all avail themselves.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by KunleOshob(m): 9:05am On Apr 20, 2010
Tonye-t:

God i have been missing in action, cant wait to get thru' my projects and come back to ask these hypocrites some scriptural questions. only i pray they all avail themselves.

The hypocrite in chief himself who although is a major proponent of the tithing scam does not even know or has refused to acknowledge the biblical definition and practise of tithes as ordain by God but would rather project the 419 version instituited by mere men and he has the nerves to address those contending for the truth as hypocrites, what a nerve angry
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by kenny888: 10:59am On Apr 20, 2010
Hahahaha
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by maddock(m): 5:18pm On Apr 20, 2010
Tough choice though, but your level of spiritualism should determine your choice. If you decide o help out your friend with your tithe, you maybe deliberately opening yourself for the devourer to attack. Just hope that someone would be willing to make the sacrifice you made.
As for me and my household i know exactly what to do.Wanna know? PAY MY TITHE INSTEAD AND SEE THE MIRACULOUS HAND OF GOD.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by ogajim(m): 5:38pm On Apr 20, 2010
^^^ Where is the Biblical backing for such conclusions your honor?
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by maddock(m): 5:48pm On Apr 20, 2010
ogajim:

^^^ Where is the Biblical backing for such conclusions your honor?

My lord are you talkin to me?
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by ogajim(m): 6:20pm On Apr 20, 2010
maddock:

Tough choice though, but your level of spiritualism should determine your choice. If you decide o help out your friend with your tithe, [b]you maybe deliberately opening yourself for the devourer to attack[/b]. Just hope that someone would be willing to make the sacrifice you made.
As for me and my household i know exactly what to do.Wanna know? PAY MY TITHE INSTEAD AND SEE THE MIRACULOUS HAND OF GOD.

Based on your logic, those who don't pay tithe "open themselves for the devourer to attack"

Based on your second logic, you only "see the miraculous hand of God" when you pay tithes?

>>>And people wonder how some folks can be brainwashed into becoming suicide bombers! cool
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by InesQor(m): 6:51pm On Apr 20, 2010
Na wa o. This thread is still alive and bubbling? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by Image123(m): 12:22am On Apr 21, 2010
^
Tithe haters must continue belching despite the little or no resistance they enjoy. That's what they're possessed to do. The devil is a hard taskmaster. There's no peace/assurance for the wicked.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by ogajim(m): 12:25am On Apr 21, 2010
^^^ Now Fela's song "zombie" makes lots of sense now! cool cool cool cool
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by Image123(m): 12:33am On Apr 21, 2010
Pardon me mr, pls communicate in english, I'm losing you.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by Image123(m): 12:33am On Apr 21, 2010
Pardon me mr, pls communicate in english, I'm losing you. Or you just belched yet again.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by InesQor(m): 2:39am On Apr 21, 2010
Image123:

^
Tithe haters must continue belching despite the little or no resistance they enjoy. That's what they're possessed to do. The devil is a hard taskmaster. There's no peace/assurance for the wicked.

How does this reply what I was saying?

My point is that by now I think both sides of the divide should have enough information to decide what they are meant to do. Or otherwise, to hold on to their initial belief. But each side wants to be that LAST to talk on the matter. . . the thread has even spiraled out of perspective a number of times. Na real wa.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by maddock(m): 7:48am On Apr 21, 2010
ogajim:

Based on your logic, those who don't pay tithe "open themselves for the devourer to attack"

Based on your second logic, you only "see the miraculous hand of God" when you pay tithes?

>>>And people wonder how some folks can be brainwashed into becoming suicide bombers! cool

I really donot have time for your idiotic remarks, if you dont want to pay tithes why cant you stay put and allow those that feel,thinks or knows it important do so. I am so sick and tired of guys like you and kunleoshob, men you guys should start you own church and preach whatever you believe, instead of looking for cheap medium to confuse the gullible amongst us.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by Image123(m): 11:11am On Apr 21, 2010
@InesQor
Point is that most people in support of tithe ignore threads like this, or do not contribute. For one tithe supporter, you'll usually get above double tithe haters insulting him/her and thinking he collects tithes for a living. Both the hater that has not been to church in a while and the one that doesn't believe in God, and the one that thinks he knows some Bible passages, they all have an irresistable urge to post. That's what I call the taskmaster's hardness
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by ogajim(m): 4:03pm On Apr 21, 2010
maddock:

I really donot have time for your idiotic remarks, if you dont want to pay tithes why cant you stay put and allow those that feel,thinks or knows it important do so. I am so sick and tired of guys like you and kunleoshob, men you guys should start you own church and preach whatever you believe, instead of looking for cheap medium to confuse the gullible [color=#000099][b]([color=#000099]including me, maddock)[/color] amongst us.[/b][/color]

You've got to be out of your mind to think anyone is trying to confuse with EDUCATION, no one condemns a person paying a tithe if that's what they believe in, what some of us condemn is the "requirement of tithe" preaching that goes on these days among Nigerian and 'wofer' Churches for the most part.

Image123:

@InesQor
Point is that most people in support of tithe ignore threads like this, or do not contribute. For one tithe supporter, you'll usually get above double tithe haters insulting him/her and thinking he collects tithes for a living. Both the hater that has not been to church in a while and the one that doesn't believe in God, and the one that thinks he knows some Bible passages, they all have an irresistable urge to post. That's what I call the taskmaster's hardness

Call it whatever you want to call it Mr. it remains your problem and prerogative:

Some folks can't handle the truth so it's fine when they don't want to know because ignorance is bliss as it's often said. As for "haters" not going to Church service on a regular basis, you can speak for those you know because I for one can count the number of "Services and Sunday school" I miss in a year on one hand not to talk of the fact that I am a "worker". Check your Bible again if we are supposed to just follow and not "test every spirit" and "be wise as serpents and gentle as doves", maybe you forgot that satan was once a high Angel and infiltrating a Church wouldn't be out of reach for such, Charity to God is not what you give to a building, God's Church is in Christians, :

1 Cor. 13
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by kenny888: 6:16pm On Apr 21, 2010
Ok oo
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by maddock(m): 8:58pm On Apr 21, 2010
@ ogajim
You are so confused that you cant diffentiate A from B,you go to church yet you question what you are being taught in church. If you re a xtian like you claimed you would know you cant reason some of the things you read in the bible with your common sense.
1.How is it possible for a man to smite a whole sea with a rod and it would open.
2.how can an ordinary catapult kill a giant
3.how can a spear thrust by a man be able to kill about 12 people at once
4.how can a man kill thousands of people with the jaw bone of an animal, when they have swords and spear.
I can GO ON AND ON AND ON (like treach of naughty by nature)
This is to tell you that YOU DONT REASON THE ACTS OF GOD WITH YOUR ORDINARY MIND, thats why he is God.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by nuclearboy(m): 9:25pm On Apr 21, 2010
^^^ LOL at "go on and on and on by naughty by nature".  going on doing what? Anyway, the Bible says "by their fruits you shall know them"  grin

@Maddock:

After being rude and abusive, you provide us with a testimony which is that you do the "naughty by nature" thingy! That is your fruit, right? What does that say about you? - You "confessed" Jesus then went right back Monday to Saturday to sleeping with Satan. Sundays, you visit church for your weekly righteous fix!

And thats the problem you WOFers have - you're into good-time christianity evidenced by noise making whist wallowing in filthy lifes. Christianity for your information, is a humble walk, a way of life, not gist accompanied by jeri curls and snazzy clothes
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by maddock(m): 9:51pm On Apr 21, 2010
Being a xtian does not mesn you are deaf ok. I used to hear that song by naughty by nature on and on and on. I dont know where he was goin or what he was doing. But common sense (which is very scarce in your context) will tell you that,on and on and on in this context means i could go and on listing superhuman deeds in the bible that you cant comprehend with your mind.
You are the one that made the interpretation of what naughty by nature was doin on and on,not me. This is a perfect example how many people will perish on the last day because of what they feel others are doing or not doing.
I said one thing innocently without ascribing any meaning to it, you gave it your vulgar interpretaion, now tell who is the SINNER HERE.May God forgive you.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by nuclearboy(m): 10:13pm On Apr 21, 2010
mr on and on:

you are rude, argumentative, judgmental and a liar. you used to hear it ehn? how come you attend church and Jesus Words didn't come to mind? why naughty by nature? haven't you shown what you hear MOST and what is on your mind?

keep on and on and on showing whats at work in your life? tongue
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by maddock(m): 10:30pm On Apr 21, 2010
No matter what you say here is not gonna take anything from who or what i am, just listen to yourself you are the both the accuser and the judge. Thats a typical xteristic of the pharises and saducess mentioned in the bible.How come you are too blind to see anything wrong in the negative remarks against Pastors here, but on and on as mentioned by me is now a very big deal that shows i fraternise with the devill. How did you know what naughty by nature was doing on and on, if you were not listening to it yourself.
Please go get yourself a frigging life and get off my back. Am not ready for your crap this night.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by nuclearboy(m): 10:37pm On Apr 21, 2010
You are a liar!
You don't care what people see in you - or whether God is proud of you. Does He have any reason to be anyway?
Your "pastors" reputation matters more to you than God's truth
You still are rude and argumentative
Your language is gutter-compliant if not gutter-made

Your fruit shows, On and On!
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by kenny888: 10:28am On Apr 22, 2010
Are we not forgeting about the subject matter?
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by nuclearboy(m): 10:44am On Apr 22, 2010
@kenny888:

Apologies! The subject matter has been treated.

The commandments are based on two precepts - love for God and love for your neighbor as yourself. Another way to put this is - what if a snake had bitten your only child and the hospital needed 20K for her immediate treatment failing which her life would be lost. Yet you only had 22K (the tithe of your income) on you! Would you then ask your pastor if you should pay tithe and "watch" God perform a "wonder"?

Use the answer when considering your neighbor who you should love as yourself OR your daughter. The best your tithe can give you is "recompense" not a life! Which is more important?
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by kenny888: 1:11pm On Apr 22, 2010
Thanks my brother and may God bless you.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by KunleOshob(m): 1:43pm On Apr 22, 2010
nuclearboy:

@kenny888:

Apologies! The subject matter has been treated.

The commandments are based on two precepts - love for God and love for your neighbor as yourself. Another way to put this is - what if a snake had bitten your only child and the hospital needed 20K for her immediate treatment failing which her life would be lost. Yet you only had 22K (the tithe of your income) on you! Would you then ask your pastor if you should pay tithe and "watch" God perform a "wonder"?

Use the answer when considering your neighbor who you should love as yourself OR your daughter. The best your tithe can give you is "recompense" not a life! Which is more important?

Brilliant example nuclearboy  cheesy i doubt if any of the hypocrites who claim tithes is sacrosant would think twice about it if they came up with a choice of saving their child's life and paying tithes.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by sleekymag(m): 11:49am On Apr 23, 2010
KunleOshob:

Brilliant example nuclearboy cheesy i doubt if any of the hypocrites you claim tithes is sacrosant would think twice about it if they came up with a choice of saving thei child's life and paying tithes.

You can definitely assist a friend before paying your tithes depending on the circumstances involved. Bottomline is in your heart of hearts you don't despise tithe-paying like KunleOshob and others do. Even God would understand why you defaulted on it. Besides if you don't pay your tithe it doesn't mean you will go to hell, it's a covenant, and in my opinion, if you default at some point, and then decide to start paying again, you dont have to start paying all the arrears of tithes you owe. Rather, start at where you are, Our God looks at your heart, not at the money you bring to promote his kingdom on earth per se.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by fashionkid(m): 12:47pm On Apr 23, 2010
Funny!, u dnt even need d Holyghost 2 knw wat 2 do.How can u let God die because u want 2 giv 2 GOD,does it make sense?
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by bee444: 9:48pm On Apr 23, 2010
maddock:

Tough choice though, but your level of spiritualism should determine your choice. If you decide o help out your friend with your tithe, you maybe deliberately opening yourself for the devourer to attack. Just hope that someone would be willing to make the sacrifice you made.

I've seen a lot of people who pay tithe but are still troubled. My point, paying tithe does not have anything to do with spiritualism, but instead, your understanding of the word of God comes first.

The question is, Is there a conflict between Malachi 3:10, 2 Corinth. 9:7, Romans 10:4 and Mathew 23:23? Probably not! Let me break it down, people! Many, but not all old testament requirements were done away with the moment the curtain was torn in two. The principle of freewill offering (2 Corin. 9:7) is the only principle of giving mentioned in the new testament. Interestingly, it is also mentioned a number of times in the Old Testament as well - specifically in relation to the offering for the Tabernacle in Exodus 35 into 36v7. They were so willing they had to be told to stop.

Freewill is the giving of the heart, not compulsion. Giving of our everything at will to God is the principle to which the new testament was born, not the tithe. The problem with tithe is, people (Pastors) wants to make it an obligation rather than a joy. Further to this, anything that is of compulsion (except the ten commandment) is law. And as new generation Christians, we are no longer under the law.

However, as to the issue of Mathew 23:23, Jesus never commanded anyone to pay tithe, but hypothetically, scornfully lambasted the scribes and Pharisees for being hypocrites for claiming to pay tithe. Jesus's emphasis on that verse of scripture was on justice, mercy and faith, not tithe.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by kenny888: 3:34pm On Apr 26, 2010
You guys are too much.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by texasjohn: 4:39pm On Apr 19, 2012
Alethia

Tithing is a payment, not a gift. We cannot give tithes. As a good steward we should know what the payment is for and when it's paid up. He paid our debt. He said it was finished. The tithe is clearly of the land of Israel, which was holy and separate from the world. God was very specific in His tithing instructions. Only Levites were commmanded to take tithes. Only Jewish landowners could pay tithes. Only they had land in Israel. Tithe mongers, I like that term, must change God's word w/o authorization from anyone in order to get money from any other land in the world. Tithe mongers are stealing money from the body of Christ by changing and manipulating God's word. They put their words in God's mouth. They go to Moses' Law for their baseball bat because they can't get it in the NT. In so doing they put themselves and their church under the curse of the law. Paul said if you keep one point of the law you are a debtor to it all. All 613 points of the law. The law was never given to Gentiles outside of Israel. That is what made the Jews the chosen people. If you keep all the law and miss in one point you are cursed. Born again Christians are priests and temples. Mark 7:9-15 talks about your point of helping others and Corban. Bottom line: what you give is between you and God, not any preacher on earth. We have no debt to pay. We have an obligation to give as we purpose in our hearts. No tithe monger wants any person to pay a tithe just exactly like God instructed an Israelite paid his tithe. He doesn't have nor want a barn. He wants the tithe according to his man-made definition. The law is not of faith. W/o faith it is impossible to please God. Going left from MT is going to the law. Going to the law is mixing works with grace. The only way to get a NT tithe doctrine is to make it up and transplant it into the NT. Going to the OT is like going to a museum. You can look at everything. You can get pictures. But you can't live there and you can't take anything home. Only the Levites could take any tithe into the storehouse, not Fred and Barney. That was only one tenth of a tenth. What Malachi preacher wants only a tenth of a tenth?
Dead to the law and alive in Christ
TexasJohn

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria / Man Gives £480 Million To Church In 'Pact With God' / God's Generals Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.