Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,038 members, 7,828,643 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. (7736 Views)

Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe / Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? / Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by aletheia(m): 10:58am On Apr 02, 2010
^^^

1 Jn 3:14-17 We know that we have passed out of death into life, because we love the brothers. Whoever does not love abides in death. Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him. By this we know love, that he laid down his life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers. But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him?

1 Jn 4:20 If anyone says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by KunleOshob(m): 11:11am On Apr 02, 2010
@Alethia
On tonye-tithe's behalf I would like to thank you profusely for that lesson in elementary english comprehesion, he really needed it. Some of these rascals have been trained to panel beat scriptures and force it to say the exact opposite of what it is saying all for the sake of their ignomious trade.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by kenny888: 11:34am On Apr 02, 2010
Hahahahaha
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by Enigma(m): 12:05pm On Apr 02, 2010
The argument of some of the tithe-mongers does get ridiculous sometimes and some of their interpretations of the Bible sometimes simply idiotic.  Anyway, I see opening people's eyes to the "tithing" scam as an important tool in the sense of serving as a gateway to making people see that they are being fed false doctrine regularly, sometimes diabolical false doctrine as with Word of Faith or prosperity "gospel".

If we go back to the opening post the dilemma is whether to assist a sick person or to "pay" "tithes" into "church".  Now people see "paying tithes" as "giving to God" or "giving to Jesus". It is a good thing to want to give to Jesus/God, BUT if that is one's desire one should see to it that one is actually giving to Jesus/God and not just wasting his giving.

Well, how do we ensure that we are giving to Jesus/God? Why not start with how Jesus Himself said you should give to Him?

Matthew 25: 35-40

Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: 36 unclothed, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. 37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? 38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or unclothed, and clothed thee? 39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? 40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

As I said before:  The teaching of Jesus and the apostles is very straightforward: if you REALLY want to give to Jesus, then give to the widow, the orphan, the poor and the needy then see if your Father in heaven will not reward you.

BUT even if that is not enough, there is another argument. Even the tithe in the OT was supposed to be shared with orphans, widows and strangers!!! (Don't be fooled by the likes of RCCG that "tithes" is exclusively for pastors!)

Deuterenomy 26:12-13

When thou hast made an end of tithing all the tithes of thine increase the third year, which is the year of tithing, and hast given it unto the Levite, the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, that they may eat within thy gates, and be filled; 13 Then thou shalt say before the LORD thy God, I have brought away the hallowed things out of mine house, and also have given them unto the Levite, and unto the stranger, to the fatherless, and to the widow, according to all thy commandments which thou hast commanded me: I have not transgressed thy commandments, neither have I forgotten them.

Deuteronomy 14: 26-28

Use the silver to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall eat there in the presence of the Lord your God and rejoice. 27And do not neglect the Levites living in your towns, for they have no allotment or inheritance of their own.

28At the end of every three years, bring all the tithes of that year’s produce and store it in your towns, 29so that the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the aliens, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and eat and be satisfied, and so that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hands.

You see sometimes people say that the Old Testament is the New testament concealed and that the New Testament is the Old Testament revealed. What do I mean by this in this context? That even amidst the "legalistic" teaching of the Old Testament on tithing you can see the design of God that giving (including sharing tithes) to the poor and the needy is God's requirement on how to give to Him.

I repeat this summary:  The teaching of Jesus and the apostles is very straightforward: if you REALLY want to give to Jesus, then give to the widow, the orphan, the poor and the needy then see if your Father in heaven will not reward you.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by Tonyet1(m): 12:42pm On Apr 02, 2010
At least the one person i've been wanting to reply my posts just did so.

@ Aletheia, Wished i had all the time to reply 'ur daft instances. safe for time. Got my exams to write today.

And to the usual Inesqor and synonymous riddle-man.See ya'll next week.!
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by eghosaobas: 3:46pm On Apr 02, 2010
I am sure you have realise the truth now.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by aletheia(m): 4:46pm On Apr 02, 2010
Tonye-t:

@ Aletheia, Wished i had all the time to reply 'your daft instances. safe for time. Got my exams to write today.

And to the usual Inesqor and synonymous riddle-man.See ya'll next week.!

And so Tonye-t beats a retreat from this thread until next time

For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by ogajim(m): 12:28am On Apr 03, 2010
Tonye-t:

@ Aletheia, Wished i had all the time to reply 'your daft instances. safe for time. [color=#006600]Got my exams to write today.

And to the usual Inesqor and synonymous riddle-man.See ya'll next week.![/color]

Good luck on your exams.

Don't mind us poking holes in the tithe scam jare!, your people want to collect people, thought it's a tax write off in these parts, I just find it hard to thin my Jesus wanting me to pay for his blessing.

Shalom.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by kenny888: 9:01am On Apr 03, 2010
You are right my brother, God dont collect money for his blessings.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by Tonyet1(m): 12:50pm On Apr 05, 2010
@ InesQor,

I’ll try in the best of my temperament not to insult you. You deserve respect amidst your few dilly-dallies. First, you acted honorably and stated how/what you feel on the subject of tithing, and I’ll quote you on that:
Tithe should be properly understood, and WHEN it is understood, given willingly and lovingly. NOT NECESSARILY or COMPULSORILY.

Yeah everyone’s free to state their opinion on what they feel on every issue and if need be, you could change to the otherwise. The former you did and the later you’re doing in derogation.(even though grammar tags it Hypocrisy) But I’ll ask you one question and if you can answer me, I promise to view you in esteem. Agreed? Good!

InesQor,
- Tell me what you understand on the subject of tithing?: Meaning and Origin (at least you have a good rep. for articulate prowess so maybe Tonye could learn)

And for the dumbest part of your post, was when you mistook me for God knows who? First it was rumored that

Tonye-t = Viaro (because He supported the notion of tithing, thank God the dude was way too strong for Kunle and later proved them wrong in a class of his own)

Tonye-t = Gentleme (I don’t know if the guy got disgusted and left after Kunle openly cursed him because he would not fall for Kunle’s anti-tithe crusade.)

Tonye-t = Jamaicaboy (That dude’s been long gone like God knows when, because he supported tithing too)

Tonye-t = Joagbaje 

And then now Tonye-t = Olabowale

For your info, I am a Christian and too shy to play those silly games, and the guy you thought I was/am is known to be a muslim/much into the islamism stuffs (*had to yahoo! his name on nairaland to find out). But until you’re willing to prove folks here wrong that you aint the same person as that guy Mavenb0x. Let’s continue catching the fun with your baseless assertions and personality-matching-game. Cheers!
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by Tonyet1(m): 12:54pm On Apr 05, 2010
@ Alethiea,

To pick an instance of a logic to assume the generality of another shows you still have a long way to go. Dude let me seat back and analyze your lessons on English grammar/language.

Alethiea : “If I say Tonye-t is of Nigeria, what does it tell you”

Tonye-t: Sir, it tells me Tonye-t is a Nigerian. Let me presume your emphasis is on the word “of”

Alethiea: “What is the difference between “Matters of the Law” and “THE LAW”

Tonye-t: Ok Sir, if I say “Writers of the Law” what will you deduce from it, does that now make these Writers, THE LAW?

Let me dont waste my time on you. Dude, next time take note, the word “of” is used to connect a subject(LAW) to an object(MATTERS) and not to assume a subject (LAW) to be a prepositional object (MATTERS OF THE LAW). And your biggest gaffe is seen in your blunder of grammar “is of” which you used to explain “of the” (even when they mean different things). Disgust was the case when some supposed grammarians in the house applauded Nwa teacher amidst his silly gaffe. Lol.

Let me ask you one question and if you answer me, the I’ll forever esteem you. Agreed? Good!

-If you say Tithing is a/the Law (mosaic law), then when Abraham tithed in Genesis, did he tithe under the Law (Mosaic law)same with Jacob.?

And for the record. I was 5months shy from my B.Eng the year NECO was first introduced. Therefore I barely know little or nothing about NECO. Safe for the acronym; and its affiliation to SSCE certifications. Maybe you know more about how folks failed, because you could be a protégé to the descent recently. Nairaland sha! grin grin

And to the rest who love the word “mongers” (maybe they learnt of the word recently). If you feel you are more righteous than the Greatest one – Jesus who said the act of tithing should not be ignored. Then go ahead. I wonder if their problem is actually with the MEN OF GOD who take these offering or the problem is with their STINGY POCKETS to give a tenth of what God’s blessed them with as honor to God. You ask him a question he’ll run, so needless asking him. grin grin

Stingy folks who’ll stop at nothing to spread their baseless arguments of anti-tithing on innocent Christians in this section. Av been a victim once and never to be a victim again. angry angry

May God help us! wink wink
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by Tonyet1(m): 12:59pm On Apr 05, 2010
ogajim:

Good luck on your exams.

Don't mind us poking holes in the tithe scam jare!, your people want to collect people, thought it's a tax write off in these parts, I just find it hard to thin my Jesus wanting me to pay for his blessing.

Shalom.

Thank you my brother! but dont fail to give your tithe to ur church ok? cheesy cheesy
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by ogajim(m): 1:33pm On Apr 05, 2010
Sorry dude, I am there every Sunday and do a lot of things save paying tithe, even if I gave the same amount that would have been called tithe, it would still be offered in an "offering" envelope cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I don't roll with bad doctrines or people! wink wink wink
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by Tonyet1(m): 1:46pm On Apr 05, 2010
ogajim:

Sorry dude, I am there every Sunday and do a lot of things save paying tithe, even if I gave the same amount that would have been called tithe, it would still be offered in an "offering" envelope

I don't roll with bad doctrines or people! wink wink wink

At least tithe was given even though as offering  cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by InesQor(m): 3:00pm On Apr 05, 2010
@Tonye-T: All my posts on this thread are as consistent as the sun in the daylight. It may just seem like I was supporting you when I said what I said initially. Maybe you need to read them carefully again. undecided

In case you have never noticed, I don't believe in internet brawls, and from your posts I can already sense a tense atmosphere. Please believe whatever rocks your boat. Cheers!  smiley

N.B> For the record, my reference to Olabowale was a joke, and I thought you'd get it. Sorry you didn't.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by InesQor(m): 3:39pm On Apr 05, 2010
@Enigma: Brilliant post right up there. Let me re-iterate something you said.

Well, how do we ensure that we are giving to Jesus/God? Why not start with how Jesus Himself said you should give to Him?

It is an absolute wonder how this goes over many people's heads!

THE GURU'S CAT :: A story
When the guru sat down to worship each evening, the ashram cat would get in the way and distract the worshipers. So he ordered that the cat be tied during evening worship.

After the guru died the cat continued to be tied during evening worship. And when the cat died, another cat was brought to the ashram so that it could be duly tied during evening worship.

Centuries later learned treatises were written by the guru's disciples on the religious and liturgical significance of tying up a cat while worship is performed.

--"The Guru's Cat" from The Song of the Bird by Anthony De Mello

How does one give to God? And even the Tithe, if one chooses to?

You know, the interesting thing that dawned on me recently is that God required the tithes to be paid to Levites not only because they were his priests, BUT also because they had NOTHING else that they could call their own. No possessions, no farmland, no livestock! God was their inheritance, and besides the tithes they received they would have been way too poor to even survive.

The other people with whom tithes were shared were widows, orphans and the destitute: OTHER PEOPLE who also had nothing to call their own, except for God who is their own inheritance.

God instructed the Israelites to be faithful in their tithes not because he needs their tithe, but so as to ensure that they were not greedily neglecting their brothers and sisters who had nothing.

But it's a pity that in this dispensation, the people who have nothing to call their own, are being ignored while tithes are paid to some already-wealthy men of God some of whom threaten that if the tithes are not paid, the congregation will be cursed.

Why else would someone be wondering whether to give his tithe to a friend in need or to drop it in church?

Codswallop!  angry angry angry
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by KunleOshob(m): 4:28pm On Apr 05, 2010
@InesQor
Ur last post was absolutely brilliant, very apt with unquestionable logic.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by InesQor(m): 4:44pm On Apr 05, 2010
Thanks KunleOshob.

@Tonye-T: By the way, I just read your post again and saw you asking me to deny being mavenbox. I never denied it, so I don't know what you're talking about exactly  undecided

I am mavenbox, and I thought that was obvious to everybody. 

If mavenbox disappeared the same day I appeared (Feb 22nd, my 25th birthday) and we talk exactly the same way, who needs a Ph.D. to see that I'm still the same person?

When Tudor and Deep Sight were heckling me about it, I took them for a spin for fun BUT left them no doubt that it was me all the same, and so i wonder why you are asking me to deny who I am, as if I did that at any time? 

Why did I get another user ID? I had some problems with the email address I used with my former ID, some mischievous person changed my password. I tried to change my email on my profile and the smart Nairaland forum sent an activation link to the OLD email. The same one I already had problems getting into!!! Since mavenbox was still banned (i.e. original one) and mavenb0x had now been locked out, I had no choice but to re-register AGAIN as InesQor, so was I expected to start yelling my previous identity to everyone? I have gotten my email back now, but I'm sticking with InesQor. And that's it. Bothersome explanationsangry angry angry
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by aletheia(m): 5:38pm On Apr 05, 2010
@Tonye-t
I wanted to ignore your befuddled logic but for the sake of others, I 'll have to set you straight and go some way towards redeeming the funds spent on your education. It is obvious that English comprehension is a problem for you despite that you are obviously a talented individual.

Tonye-t:

@ Alethiea,

To pick an instance of a logic to assume the generality of another shows you still have a long way to go. Dude let me seat back and analyze your lessons on English grammar/language.

Tonye-t: Sir, it tells me Tonye-t is a Nigerian. Let me presume your emphasis is on the word “of”

Tonye-t: Ok Sir, if I say “Writers of the Law” what will you deduce from it, does that now make these Writers, THE LAW?

Let me dont waste my time on you. Dude, next time take note, the word “of” is used to connect a subject(LAW) to an object(MATTERS) and not to assume a subject (LAW) to be a prepositional object (MATTERS OF THE LAW). And your biggest gaffe is seen in your blunder of grammar “is of” which you used to explain “of the” (even when they mean different things). Disgust was the case when some supposed grammarians in the house applauded Nwa teacher amidst his silly gaffe. Lol.

Since the hinge of your argument is the function and meaning of the word "of", let's examine what the dictionary says:
of
prep.
1. Expressing the relationship between a part and a whole.
2. Belonging to; coming from.
3. Used in expressions of measurement, value, or age.
4. Made from.
5. Used to show position; north of Watford.
6. Used to show that something belongs to a category: the city of Prague.

Your argument is not only disingenuous but misdirects. Which meaning of "of" above suggests that Matters of the Law does not refer to Matters of the Law? Take your pick. Pay close attention to 1, 2 and 6 and you will receive enlightenment.

Tonye-t:

Let me ask you one question and if you answer me, the I’ll forever esteem you. Agreed? Good!

-If you say Tithing is a/the Law (mosaic law), then when Abraham tithed in Genesis, did he tithe under the Law (Mosaic law)same with Jacob.?
I don't need your esteem. What is esteemed by men is detestable in the sight of God. You said this on April 1:
The later tithing which [color=#990000]began with the law of moses was the "ma'aser terumah" was instituted telling them what and what they to give, and this was because God did not allow them to trade with foreigners in the wilderness advent.
So answer yourself. BTW your statement that God did not allow them to trade with foreigners is patently false.(see Deut 2:6)
Tonye-t:

And for the record. I was 5months shy from my B.Eng the year NECO was first introduced. Therefore I barely know little or nothing about NECO. Safe for the acronym; and its affiliation to SSCE certifications. Maybe you know more about how folks failed, because you could be a protégé to the descent recently. Nairaland sha! grin grin

Apparently touched a raw nerve there, otherwise I am nonplussed at this non sequitur. What has your B. Eng got to do with your arguments?

Tonye-t:

And to the rest who love the word “mongers” (maybe they learnt of the word recently). If you feel you are more righteous than the Greatest one – Jesus who said the act of tithing should not be ignored. Then go ahead. I wonder if their problem is actually with the MEN OF GOD who take these offering or the problem is with their STINGY POCKETS to give a tenth of what God’s blessed them with as honor to God. You ask him a question he’ll run, so needless asking him. grin grin

Stingy folks who’ll stop at nothing to spread their baseless arguments of anti-tithing on innocent Christians in this section. Av been a victim once and never to be a victim again. angry angry

May God help us! wink wink[/color]

But aren't you a tithe monger, a purveyor of false hopes?
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by ogajim(m): 7:57pm On Apr 05, 2010
Tonye-t:

@ Alethiea,

And for the record. I was 5months shy from my B.Eng the year [color=#006600]NECO
was first introduced. Therefore I barely know little or nothing about NECO. Safe for the acronym; and its affiliation to SSCE certifications. Maybe you know more about how folks failed, because you could be a protégé to the descent recently. Nairaland sha! grin grin

May God help us! wink wink[/color]

tonye-tithe, I thought you turned the corner buddy but you are still calling folks who won't fall for the scam "stingy pockets" (whatever that means)

I am too old to know what NECO is or was so I'll let that slide.

Failing to fall for a scam doesn't make one stingy but wise if you ask me, there are plenty of ways to help the needy/stranger/widow/orphan/ etc without following the "institutional route", way too many FALSE doctrines in Christianity today and a Christian really NEED/SHOULD follow Christ's admonition to be ", wise as serpents and gentle as a dove, "
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by osaromike: 11:17am On Apr 06, 2010
You people have turned this forum to english language class. To be candid if tithing is to be stoped alot of churches will close business. Its illegal for pastors to collect tithe according to Deu 22:14 and Deu 26. Even the pastors after collecting the tithe they will also be oppressing us with latest cars and correct wears,while those that were forcefully brain washed into dropping their tithe are dieing of hungry. My question is why is it that is only tithing that was smuggled from the old testament?i read in my bible that those men in old testament married alot of women,why are we not adviced to marry more than one wife?
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by Tonyet1(m): 11:24am On Apr 06, 2010
@InesQor,

If/since you're that dude Mavenbox, then you've just earned my respect even though your et al's seem to love this peronality-id-matching game. i dislike it!. At least my posts are evident to dat. U R D best! K? *i wish you're intelligent as Mavenb0x cheesy

You said something, and i think i should seek further clerity with just two questions.

InesQor:

How does one give to God? And even the Tithe, if one chooses to?

You know, the interesting thing that dawned on me recently is that God required the tithes to be paid to Levites not only because they were his priests, BUT also because they had NOTHING else that they could call their own. No possessions, no farmland, no livestock! God was their inheritance, and besides the tithes they received they would have been way too poor to even survive.

The other people with whom tithes were shared were widows, orphans and the destitute: OTHER PEOPLE who also had nothing to call their own, except for God who is their own inheritance.

1. If you say tithing was primarily given because the levites neither had an inheritance and were poor. Ok so when Abraham tithed to Melchisedec, did he give because Melchisedec was "poor" or becos melchisedec never had any inheritance? recall that Melchisedec was termed a Prince of Salem.

2. And if you say it dawned on you recently to know that the levites received tithes to survive. Ok so why did God still instructed THE LEVITES TO GIVE TITHES still out of their TITHES.?

Your answers will help you alot. cheers!

InesQor:

O yes, you are right to deduce that part of the tithes collected were shared amongst the widows, orphans and destitutes.

Every true and sincere tithe giver should know and practise the act of giving a portion to the aforementioned. My church does it and many churches i know. it's your prerogative to know the right churches that practises the act well before giving.

My emphasis is that the actof tithing is still very much relevant. It is used to help the church and not that made of hands. do you understand? cheers!  wink wink wink
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by Tonyet1(m): 11:37am On Apr 06, 2010
aletheia:

@Tonye-t

I wanted to ignore your befuddled logic but for the sake of others, I 'll have to set you straight and go some way towards redeeming the funds spent on your education. It is obvious that English comprehension is a problem for you despite that you are obviously a talented individual.

Apparently touched a raw nerve there, otherwise I am nonplussed at this non sequitur. What has your B. Eng got to do with your arguments?

But aren't you a tithe monger, a purveyor of false hopes?

@ Alethiea,

- like what has NECO got to do with the arguments cheesy

- like what has "nonplussed" and "non sequitur" got to do with the arguments cheesy

Dude like seriously, you just babbled! cheesy cheesy
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by Tonyet1(m): 11:38am On Apr 06, 2010
KunleOshob,

as usual. *he runs when he's been caught having nothing to say* grin grin grin
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by Tonyet1(m): 11:45am On Apr 06, 2010
osaromike:

You people have turned this forum to english language class. To be candid if tithing is to be stoped alot of churches will close business. Its illegal for pastors to collect tithe according to Deu 22:14 and Deu 26. Even the pastors after collecting the tithe they will also be oppressing us with latest cars and correct wears,while those that were forcefully brain washed into dropping their tithe are dieing of hungry. [b]My question is why is it that is only tithing that was smuggled from the old testament?[/b]i read in my bible that those men in old testament married alot of women,why are we not adviced to marry more than one wife?

Maybe tithe was smuggled because GOD was smuggled from the old testament too undecided

Maybe tithe was smuggled because YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD was smuggled from the old testament too undecided

Maybe tithe was smuggled because LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR was smuggled from the old testament too undecided

maybe tithe was smuggled because THOU SHALL NOT KILL was smuggled from the old testament too undecided
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by osaromike: 12:26pm On Apr 06, 2010
Tonye-t,you can also get love ur neighbour in matt 19:19,while in 1cor 16:16 you can find you shall love ur God. Thou shall not kill is also in new testament but i cant find the particular place now. But to face reality if emphasis are on thou shall not kill,love ur neighbour and to love the Lord with several others to the way emphasis are been laid on tithe every sunday while in some churches they also collect tithes on midweek service. Pls lets the truth be told not to be sentimental.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by InesQor(m): 1:32pm On Apr 06, 2010
@Tonye-T:

1. The tithe to Melchizedek was a one-time thing, and Father Abe was under no obligation. That's not how tithes are done today. The only pattern similar to what obtains in tithing churches today is the fixed law of Levetical tithes.

2. Levi paid tithes as well because there were still widows and orphans to take care of. It didnt all end with Levi. Today it almost all ends in the pastor's pocket. Redeemed Church even says the pastor is designed to chow it all down.

Thanks for the compliment about mavenbox. I guess I wont say my IQ reduced, rather, I found out the truth. I had consumed so many WOF teachings and other church propaganda lies over the years but since December I've been discovering the real truth with the very same passionate hunger. No apologies.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by aletheia(m): 3:37pm On Apr 06, 2010
Tonye-t:

@ Alethiea,

- like what has NECO got to do with the arguments cheesy

- like what has "nonplussed" and "non sequitur" got to do with the arguments cheesy

Dude like seriously, you just babbled! cheesy cheesy

Won't you thank me? Now that you have been educated on the meaning and use of the word of, you are chasing shadows and further exposing your limited English comprehension (which may account for you despicable practice of twisting scriptures to mean what they don't). What does it take for you to get a dictionary and find out the meaning of these words:
1. Of
2. Nonplussed
3. Non sequitur?

Seriously, get off your high horse or risk falling on your face! It has been comprehensively demonstrated to you that
Matters of the Law = The Law, but your pride will not allow you to admit that you were wrong there.
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by JeSoul(f): 3:44pm On Apr 06, 2010
Tonye-t:

@InesQor,

If/since you're that dude Mavenbox, then you've just earned my respect even though your et al's seem to love this peronality-id-matching game. i dislike it!.

I have been content to stay behind the scenes and allow these awesome fellas duke it out with you . . . until you mentioned the above. Dude. You had that other ID that both I and Kunle know about, don't make me expose your behind here and don't chastise InesQor for a crime you yourself have committed a few times. Now carry on. Cheers  cool
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by kenny888: 6:13pm On Apr 06, 2010
Hmmmm
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by Gentleme1: 6:21pm On Apr 06, 2010
Hmmm too
Re: Assisting A Friend Or Pay Tithe. by eghosaobas: 11:39am On Apr 07, 2010
If you seek a pastor's advice on this issue,he will decieve you into paying tithe and allow your friend to die.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Is Majek Fashek A Prophet / The Prophet Of Allah / Lean On Me: Kapital FM Abuja (True Life Story of Joseph Terry)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.