Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. (40332 Views)

My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" / What’s The Difference Between Nigerian Marriage Law And The West / Happy marriage Life (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by peacefull(f): 12:16pm On Jan 20, 2020
Emmyk:
Your English has improved over the years. I went from the first page of this thread to the last. Good to know you are happy now. cool

Thank you so much!
I appreciate you!
I'm still need more learn English.
I still can't read and write English without dictionary embarassed
English is really difficult to me.

I'm always happy!
But sometimes getting weak, become anxious and confusing.

Anyway, Thank you so much!
I really appreciate you!!

1 Like

Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by bencarson007(m): 8:58pm On Apr 19, 2020
peacefull:

Thank you so much!
I appreciate you!
I'm still need more learn English.
I still can't read and write English without dictionary embarassed
English is really difficult to me.

I'm always happy!
But sometimes getting weak, become anxious and confusing.

Hey do you mind if I write you in Japanese language
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by peacefull(f): 11:57pm On Apr 20, 2020
bencarson007:

Hey do you mind if I write you in Japanese language

No, I don't mind smiley
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by bencarson007(m): 4:41pm On Apr 21, 2020
peacefull:

No, I don't mind smiley

Googleトランスレータを使用して解釈しています。 私は最近あなたがあなたの結婚で経験したすべてについて読みました。 10年は長い時間です。 それで、あなたたちと今の状況はどうですか
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by peacefull(f): 5:05am On Apr 23, 2020
bencarson007:

Googleトランスレータを使用して解釈しています。 私は最近あなたがあなたの結婚で経験したすべてについて読みました。 10年は長い時間です。 それで、あなたたちと今の状況はどうですか

Wow!!
Thank you so much for writing Japanese.
I appreciate you!
ありがとうございます!

About my marriage now, I should write Japanese or English?

1 Like

Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by bencarson007(m): 11:18am On Apr 23, 2020
peacefull:

Wow!!
Thank you so much for writing Japanese.
I appreciate you!
ありがとうございます!

About my marriage now, I should write Japanese or English?

Japanese is fine.
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by Skypeaceconsult: 10:56pm On Apr 23, 2020
Strong will
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by peacefull(f): 11:04am On Apr 24, 2020
bencarson007:

Japanese is fine.

Ok!
Our marriage is 良好です!
もともと仲はとても良いんです。
出会ってから約16年、良い時も悪い時も一緒に過ごし、共に年を重ねてきました。
離れて暮らしているため、淋しさや不安も多々あります。
ただ、離れて暮らしている事や年を重ねた事もあるせいか、今は大きな揉め事などなく、穏やかな結婚生活を過ごせていると思います。
半分新婚の様な、半分老夫婦の様な、そんな関係です!

Thank you for asking me about our marriage.
I really appreciate you!
I hope you and your family is keep in safe!
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by peacefull(f): 11:12am On Apr 24, 2020
Skypeaceconsult:
Strong will

This is new English to me.
Thank you for teaching me new English!
I appreciate you!

I used dictionary for check the meaning.
Strong will meaning is like stubborn?
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by temitope23(m): 11:46am On Apr 24, 2020
peacefull:

This is new English to me.
Thank you for teaching me new English!
I appreciate you!

I used dictionary for check the meaning.
Strong will meaning is like stubborn?

Not really,
It actually go well if you say a determined person.
Someone who is ready to achieve something against all odd.
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by peacefull(f): 12:14pm On Apr 24, 2020
temitope23:

Not really,
It actually go well if you say a determined person.
Someone who is ready to achieve something against all odd.

Thank you so much!
I appreciate you!

I know that word, determined!
But I still don't know what is different between determined and decide.
That's one of my problem about learning English.
Like pretty, cute, lovely.
Crazy, mad etc.
Some words, I can't understand what is different.

Anyway,Can I say that word for myself?
Like I'm strong will, or Can I say for someone, like You are strong will?
Or just use that word like that?
I mean just say Strong will for someone?
I'm sorry for many many questions.
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by temitope23(m): 6:17pm On Apr 24, 2020
peacefull:

Thank you so much!
I appreciate you!

I know that word, determined!
But I still don't know what is different between determined and decide.
That's one of my problem about learning English.
Like pretty, cute, lovely.
Crazy, mad etc.
Some words, I can't understand what is different.

Anyway,Can I say that word for myself?
Like I'm strong will, or Can I say for someone, like You are strong will?
Or just use that word like that?
I mean just say Strong will for someone?
I'm sorry for many many questions.

Decide means the ability to choose from a number of options.
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by peacefull(f): 1:47am On Apr 25, 2020
temitope23:

Decide means the ability to choose from a number of options.

Thank you for take your time.
I learned a lot from you!
I really appreciate you!
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by Michaelcas(m): 2:25pm On Aug 26, 2020

Yes, Nigerian wife / wives or women mostly don't care about her man living or marrying another woman. They see their fathers doing it all the time, many men are polygamist in Nigeria. Also Nigerian women don't care at all about the foreign wife, they consider the foreign wife the ATM machine and they know her man will give her money out of his Japanese or American wife, they are even laughing at you saying you feed well and dress well her man. Nigerian men, women mostly don't even consider a foreign person as a human being, for them is all about money. The same many families, parents, siblings know he is married abroad and find for him and make him to marry a Nigerian woman in Nigeria yet talking to you, they will lie in your face, all they care is he marries and has kids in Nigeria and you to them is just his job for to make better living.
and yes, if you are convenient to him, why he needs to divorce? He has good living and you are helping, he has a woman for his bed in Japan and he goes each year to Nigeria when you keep your house worm for him when he comes back, he knows living in Japan he makes more money and he saves because of your help so Does HE care? He can travel and stay in Nigeria for long, he tells you he is poor there and sleeping in 1 room many people, I wouldn't be surprised he is building his own good house there in Nigeria or already did and his woman (women) not working, he supports totally his Nigerian woman / women, when you are disabled or sick yet you go to work for to pay bills which he doesn't care. Is it love? Does HE love you? Does HE care about you?

And you know yourself, if the man has the real family with you and he lives with a woman in her country, he builds the family and home in Japan with you and he doesn't need to travel so much. But if he does and stays for so long, what is he doing there? Where is his real home and family? Sailors have the woman in each port but they have only one home port.
though it's been a year but i certainly do not know where you got this extremely wrong info from, it's more like hate speech
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by Michaelcas(m): 2:28pm On Aug 26, 2020

Where do you see negative? I am writing what I see from the lady is sharing and it is all true.

For you maybe sounds negative because you want your brothers keep lying and using foreign women, same her husband's Nigerian friends in Japan, they never talk what he is doing. In the developed countries we all know how important is to keep a permanent job and how any real man makes the effort to keep a job and family together.

Ask any immigrant, who can travel every year to their home country and for months? Only housewives who are not working or retired people can travel and stay in their home country for long. If her husband stays 1-3 months a year in Nigeria, means he has NO permanent job in Japan and he doesn't care to keep the job there. His Japanese wife is paying bills when he is not around and goes to work every day even being sick. Do you see it positive his attitude not keeping a permanent job?

By the way, I like Nigerians and I have many Nigerian friends and it's them, they told me about many Nigerian men using foreign women as maga and atm machine when married to his Nigerian babe giving her money from his foreign wife.
Geezus!!! i don't know who told you all these but, I don't think they want you to be happy
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by Michaelcas(m): 2:32pm On Aug 26, 2020

You try to cover up your brother scammers, probably you are one of them. We have in Texas many Nigerians, good and bad ones and the first sign of a scammer, he doesn't like to keep a job, he marries a foreign woman but always playing poor, in the foreign country he doesn't keep a permanent job or works part time or night time so he has time to go out with his friends to drink and to scam when his foreign wife is thinking he is working. Good Nigerians get a full time job and work, no long vacations to go to Nigeria for months and traveling is expensive, working good guy will not waste so much money and then make his sick wife to pay bills. Good Nigerian man is good to his wife if he married for real. Period.
I don't think you would know a scammer when you meet one until you're scammed if you ain't careful

hence you got so much wrong info, and you're actually generalizing a country of over 200million people with different views and belief, that's like saying everyone in Al Queda is a born terrorist
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by placeofallure(f): 9:27am On Aug 27, 2020
peacefull:

Sorry.
Hard reach is meaning like difficult?
If I'm misunderstanding, I'm very sorry.

Japanese learn English in school.
But if don't need to use English on work place, not go to abroad, don't talk with foreigner etc,
Most of Japanese including me, don't have any problem if can't speak, write and read English.

And of course many Japanese can speak, write and read English very well.

About me, English is very difficult to me.
I don't need use English on my work place now. I'm learning English by myself.
My husband is Nigerian man.
Our conversation is Japanese and English.
(Sometimes I learn Igbo language from him)
I worked with foreigners before and I have foreigner friends.
Everybody is my English teacher.
I'm learning English little by little.
Very very slow.
I know my English is bad and I'm already lost confidence about my English.
Learning English is not easy to me.
Very very hard.
But I don't wanna give up.
I will not give up cheesy

If hard reach meaning like difficult, Yes!
Very difficult and very hard to me.
But if I'm misunderstanding, I'm very very sorry.

Don't lose confidence in your ability to learn English. Infact, kudos to you because your English has improved overtime. Keep trying to get better, knowledge gained is never wasted.

I'm more concerned about your marital issues with your husband. I couldn't go through the entire pages. But I hope you have resolved your challenges now. Everyone deserves to be happy in life. I hope you will find a real, lasting happiness. Cheers!
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by peacefull(f): 11:46am On Aug 27, 2020
placeofallure:

Don't lose confidence in your ability to learn English. Infact, kudos to you because your English has improved overtime. Keep trying to get better, knowledge gained is never wasted.

I'm more concerned about your marital issues with your husband. I couldn't go through the entire pages. But I hope you have resolved your challenges now. Everyone deserves to be happy in life. I hope you will find a real, lasting happiness. Cheers!

Thank you so much!
I appreciate you!!

I once lost confidence about my English embarassed
I'm still not have confidence.
But I'm ok now!
I'm not feel so down now and I will not feel down again!

Kudos is meaning like good job?

My marriage is ok now.
I stopped thinking about too much.
But something still not solve it.

My problem is when I tried to talk with him about our issue, if I see his face is angry or his voice is loud, I can't tell him my feel or thinking.
He always tell me that I don't need to care about if he is angry or not.
He said I should tell him what I'm thinking or my feel.
He is a good person!

But once I see he is angry or feel bad, I can't continue to talk.
If I asked him why he got angry or shout at me, he always deny it.
But I can see his anger and I don't wanna make him more angry.
Not his fault. My fault. My bad.

We are still together!
But still separate living.
Very calm now smiley
I have peace of mind now and I hope he also have peace of mind now.

Thank you so much!
I really really appreciate you!!

1 Like

Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by placeofallure(f): 2:01pm On Aug 27, 2020
peacefull:

Thank you so much!
I appreciate you!!

I once lost confidence about my English embarassed
I'm still not have confidence.
But I'm ok now!
I'm not feel so down now and I will not feel down again!

Kudos is meaning like good job?

My marriage is ok now.
I stopped thinking about too much.
But something still not solve it.

My problem is when I tried to talk with him about our issue, if I see his face is angry or his voice is loud, I can't tell him my feel or thinking.
He always tell me that I don't need to care about if he is angry or not.
He said I should tell him what I'm thinking or my feel.
He is a good person!

But once I see he is angry or feel bad, I can't continue to talk.
If I asked him why he got angry or shout at me, he always deny it.
But I can see his anger and I don't wanna make him more angry.
Not his fault. My fault. My bad.

We are still together!
But still separate living.
Very calm now smiley
I have peace of mind now and I hope he also have peace of mind now.

Thank you so much!

You're welcome ma'am.
And Yes! Kudos means good job.
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by peacefull(f): 2:08pm On Aug 27, 2020
placeofallure:

You're welcome ma'am.
And Yes! Kudos means good job.

Thank you so much for take your time again!

I learned new English again.
Thank you!!

Please always take good care of yourself and your family!
And Please keep in safe!

Have a wonderful day smiley
Thank you sooooo much!!!
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by peacefull(f): 2:15pm On Aug 27, 2020
Michaelcas:
I don't think you would know a scammer when you meet one until you're scammed if you ain't careful

hence you got so much wrong info, and you're actually generalizing a country of over 200million people with different views and belief, that's like saying everyone in Al Queda is a born terrorist

Hello, I know this is not reply to me.

But Please How can I know if someone is scammer?
There have something like sign? or words?
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by Michaelcas(m): 5:07pm On Aug 27, 2020
peacefull:

Hello, I know this is not reply to me.

But Please How can I know if someone is scammer?
There have something like sign? or words?
Oh yeah, you can't differentiate between a scammer and an honest person, for people who do online dating: when you fall for someone online, he/she confesses his/her love for you and all, things tend to go normal for some time, you guys videocall, text yourselves etc. You guys even fight like real people do in relationships, with all that, you're convinced he/she is real.

But note, whenever he starts complaining of his business or his being sick or anything, and he directly or indirectly make reference to money, suggesting or hoping you can suggest send him some cash to his account or to any account, then it 99.8% means he's a scammer, BLOCK HIM/HER immediately. Because only a very little number of people has the balls to ask of financial assistance from someone they are deeply in love with
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by peacefull(f): 2:36am On Aug 28, 2020
Michaelcas:
Oh yeah, you can't differentiate between a scammer and an honest person, for people who do online dating: when you fall for someone online, he/she confesses his/her love for you and all, things tend to go normal for some time, you guys videocall, text yourselves etc. You guys even fight like real people do in relationships, with all that, you're convinced he/she is real.

But note, whenever he starts complaining of his business or his being sick or anything, and he directly or indirectly make reference to money, suggesting or hoping you can suggest send him some cash to his account or to any account, then it 99.8% means he's a scammer, BLOCK HIM/HER immediately. Because only a very little number of people has the balls to ask of financial assistance from someone they are deeply in love with

I appreciate you!!

Their sign is money?

About 3weeks ago, love scammer arrested in Japan.
I and my husband always discussion about it whenever we heard kind of news.
He always said victim is fool sad

Maybe victims thought they are very close friends, maybe already fell in love etc.
I don't know what is wrong if tried to help their family, friend, boyfriend or girlfriend etc?
I really can't think about victims are fool.
I think they just trusted that scammer and wanted help them.

Like me, I want my loved one to tell me when they face problem, getting weak, feel so down etc.
Because I really don't want them to suffering alone.
So I always tell my husband that if I'm victim's situation, I will do same thing like them.

If already trust someone, I think very difficult to ignore that person when they need help embarassed
But I think victims always sent a lot of money.
Not small small money.
And their damage is not only money.
They got heartbreak cry

1 Like

Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by Michaelcas(m): 8:30am On Aug 28, 2020
peacefull:

I appreciate you!!

Their sign is money?

About 3weeks ago, love scammer arrested in Japan.
I and my husband always discussion about it whenever we heard kind of news.
He always said victim is fool sad

Maybe victims thought they are very close friends, maybe already fell in love etc.
I don't know what is wrong if tried to help their family, friend, boyfriend or girlfriend etc?
I really can't think about victims are fool.
I think they just trusted that scammer and wanted help them.

Like me, I want my loved one to tell me when they face problem, getting weak, feel so down etc.
Because I really don't want them to suffering alone.
So I always tell my husband that if I'm victim's situation, I will do same thing like them.

If already trust someone, I think very difficult to ignore that person when they need help embarassed
But I think victims always sent a lot of money.
Not small small money.
And their damage is not only money.
They got heartbreak cry

You're welcome sister, yeah their aim is always money or permanent passport, we should all be careful

peace sister
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by peacefull(f): 3:31am On Aug 29, 2020
Michaelcas:
You're welcome sister, yeah their aim is always money or permanent passport, we should all be careful

peace sister

Thank you so much!
I learned about love scammer.

Yes! Everybody should be careful.
I think I'm in safe!
Because I'm married person smiley

Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by Michaelcas(m): 9:02am On Aug 29, 2020
peacefull:

Thank you so much! I learned about love scammer.
Yes! Everybody should be careful. I think I'm in safe! Because I'm married person smiley
Anyway, Thank you so much! I really appreciate you!!
you're welcome
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by peacefull(f): 7:16am On Sep 02, 2020
error4040:

Sorry what i mean was three of them sleeping in one room sounded like porn scene, i did not mean they were having threes0me.

You said he do pay your Rent and he told you in nigeria he sleep in a room with 4 other people ?
when next you talk to him Ask him what is he doing with the salary he earn from his job in japan since he sound like he is not sending to his relative in nigeria

Hello, error4040!
How are you and your family today?
I hope everybody is good and keep in safe!

Please, I wanna ask you about this your advice.
Ask about husband's salary is not taboo in your culture?

When I asked him, he got feel so bad.
I don't know why.
I maybe talked too much or how I asked him is too bad?
Or taboo?
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by Michaelcas(m): 1:54pm On Sep 02, 2020
peacefull:

Hello, error4040!

I don't know why.
Or taboo?
I know this isn't meant for me but no, it's no taboo, a married couple ought to know each other's in and out, nothing to hide in marriage
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by error4040: 2:16pm On Sep 02, 2020
peacefull:

Hello, error4040!

Hello 平和な
We are all fine staying put hoping the virus would go Soon.
How are you doing, and hope you are doing great ?.

peacefull:

I don't know why.
Or taboo?

Asking your husband about his Salary is NEVER a Taboo not only In Nigeria but the whole world in general.
If he is really honest and Explicit (open minded) theirs nothing to be Sad about just because you asked him about his financial Affairs.
Keep the courage and ask him Why he felt sad because you asked about his salary
He needs to explain to you because you are his wife and you have the Right to do that.

1 Like

Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by peacefull(f): 2:32am On Sep 03, 2020
Michaelcas:
I know this isn't meant for me but no, it's no taboo, a married couple ought to know each other's in and out, nothing to hide in marriage

Thank you so much!
I appreciate you!!

Maybe how I asked him is made him feel so bad.
But I wanted him to know that his life is first.
Helping family and friends is very good.
But someone who don't have money, but sending money to help other person is not good.
I'm very difficult to understand that.

I'm still hiding about joined this website from him and I don't wanna tell him.
This is my secret cheesy
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by peacefull(f): 3:41am On Sep 03, 2020
error4040:

Hello 平和な
We are all fine staying put hoping the virus would go Soon.
How are you doing, and hope you are doing great ?.

Asking your husband about his Salary is NEVER a Taboo not only In Nigeria but the whole world in general.
If he is really honest and Explicit (open minded) theirs nothing to be Sad about just because you asked him about his financial Affairs.
Keep the courage and ask him Why he felt sad because you asked about his salary
He needs to explain to you because you are his wife and you have the Right to do that.

I'm happy to hear that smiley
Please keep in safe!
I'm good too. Thank you!
Many peoples feeling fed up about this virus.

Last time, he went back to Nigeria like emergency.
He asked me about borrow money.
His plan was stay there very short time.
But he stayed 2months and almost lose his work again.
This happened made me decide to ask him about his money.

Since long time ago, I tried to tell him about start business and save money many many times.
Not for me. But for himself and his life.
If he could have side business and he could save money, anytime he go to Nigeria is not problem.
He don't need to worry about lose work or buy air ticket.

I'm trying to save money little by little.
Not easy for me because my money is not big money. But I'm trying.
He is making money at least times 3 than me. Why he can't do that?

So I told him that I know I have no right to tell him how to use his money.
But I'm still his wife, I maybe have right to know about what happened his money like if he sending money for someone etc.
He said yes but sometimes.
He doesn't tell me who receiving that money.
I told him that's good if he has money and if he can help his family and friends who need help.
I will do same thing if I had enough money.
But he still always saying he don't have money.
Sometimes asking me borrow money.
That's no problem.
If I could help or assist him, I must do that.
But help him and assist him is affecting my savings he knows that.
What will happen with us if we can't work again and no savings.
I'm really worry about that.

So I explained him that his life is first.
If he had no money, he should not sending money for someone and when he has money, he can send them and assist them.
I know if loved one need help, ignore it is very difficult and very hurt.
But I'm not talking about ignore them or don't help them.

Maybe that my talk made him angry?
If not taboo, maybe my how to talk with him made him feel so bad.
Or maybe I was too much talking.

Anyway, I'm sorry for long long writing and disturbing you over and over again.
Thank you so much always giving me advice.
I really really appreciate you.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (21) (Reply)

Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck / Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? / MARTIAL BED: My Wife Says No Sex Until Her Mother Leaves Our House.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.