Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,984 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Lets Start Paying Groom Prices!!!!! - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lets Start Paying Groom Prices!!!!! (5617 Views)

Bride Lifts Groom Up After Kissing Him At Their Wedding Reception (Photo) / Groom Plays Video Of Bride Cheating With Another Man At Their Wedding Dinner / Groom's Reaction After Opening Bride's Veil (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Start Paying Groom Prices!!!!! by Shugavee(f): 1:54pm On Feb 04, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
So shugavee remembered our previous discussion.Well I agree with you on this one and all these brideprice thing should be scrapped you can't really buy a human being with money.
yeah if we remove bride price from the system then its logical 4 a woman or man to propose in their own pleasure!!! How funny is it 4 u to propose to a guy n tell him to come n meet ur family n pay bride price!! Lame!!! Leets say he does!! In this society where men disrespect women so much!! Put that lady on a scale of respect value!!! If she piss him off he will say "i never wanted to marry u, i just wasted my money" Cause u begged him 4 u!!!! Things need to change!!! Seriously

1 Like

Re: Lets Start Paying Groom Prices!!!!! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 1:56pm On Feb 04, 2018
Shugavee:
yeah if we remove bride price from the system then its logical 4 a woman or man to propose in their own pleasure!!! How funny is it 4 u to propose to a guy n tell him to come n meet ur family n pay bride price!! Lame!!! Leets say he does!! In this society where men disrespect women so much!! Put that lady on a scale of respect value!!! If she piss him off he will say "i never wanted to marry u, i just wasted my money" Cause u begged him 4 u!!!! Things need to change!!! Seriously
True but nowadays both of them bride and groom sponsor their wedding.
Re: Lets Start Paying Groom Prices!!!!! by pryme(m): 1:56pm On Feb 04, 2018
Shugavee:
if no one is greater or superior than the other what will u call that?? The respect has not been given!! If not 4 feminism no one really thought of respecting a woman!!!

Feminism or not, if you are not among Ppl that will give you respect you won't get respect. Feminism will only make women feel they deserve respect when they themselves can hardly give respect.

You want respect? Give respect. Yes there are men that are scumbags, the same goes for women.
Re: Lets Start Paying Groom Prices!!!!! by Shugavee(f): 2:00pm On Feb 04, 2018
ubunja:

to say men have kept women oppressed educationally is not accurate.
coz today in the US more women than men are going to college but still intelligence-wise they still cant compete.women are all rushing to soft careers like gender studies, nursing and child care. while the few men who enrole enter the hard STEM careers, that is, Science Engineering Mathematics etc.the careers that are harder to muster and take longer to qualify more and eventually pay more.
the funny thing is women got college preferences and took up Service Industry careers---the same careers being replaced by automation.bringing women back to square zero.and driving feminists mad with anger and seeking desperately who to blame. you may have heard Amazon and other retailers are starting to build unmanned shops where people deal with computers.and all those till jobs that women had happily dominated are evaporizing infront of their eyes.
i dont mind a woman-led world.nature is woman-led. but women are just not smart enough to build or run civilization.with women in charge it would be peace but in a primitive world.
okay agreed!!! Why i came with such conclusion is cause i went to school n that was my experience!! If ur saying am graduating n planing to hv a good job they tell u dont be richer than ur husband o, am going to school 4 schooling sake when am done i am thinking abt marriage!! Woman no get time o!! If u r a woman with great visions, they see u as stupid or single!! Its pathetic
Re: Lets Start Paying Groom Prices!!!!! by pryme(m): 2:03pm On Feb 04, 2018
Shugavee:
okay agreed!!! Why i came with such conclusion is cause i went to school n that was my experience!! If ur saying am graduating n planing to hv a good job they tell u dont be richer than ur husband o, am going to school 4 schooling sake when am done i am thinking abt marriage!! Woman no get time o!! If u r a woman with great visions, they see u as stupid or single!! Its pathetic

That's the problem, if you are among good Ppl you won't be thinking like this.
Re: Lets Start Paying Groom Prices!!!!! by Shugavee(f): 2:05pm On Feb 04, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
True but nowadays both of them bride and groom sponsor their wedding.
but no matter the womans contribution the man did the wedding!!! I wanna give an example!!! My friend married an average guy so they both contributed to their wedding after discussing that if the get some money from the weding they will share it n give her part of it!!! After everything the man didnt give her anything!!! cause she was from a rich home so they got alot of money mostly from herr family but the man gave her nothing even chi chi!!! What can she do!!! Marriage have start!!!
Re: Lets Start Paying Groom Prices!!!!! by Shugavee(f): 2:06pm On Feb 04, 2018
pryme:

That's the problem, if you are among good Ppl you won't be thinking like this.
okay good people!! Asin the ones that marriage is their aim in this world?? Yes sir i am among the bad people!!
Re: Lets Start Paying Groom Prices!!!!! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 2:10pm On Feb 04, 2018
Shugavee:
but no matter the womans contribution the man did the wedding!!! I wanna give an example!!! My friend married an average guy so they both contributed to their wedding after discussing that if the get some money from the weding they will share it n give her part of it!!! After everything the man didnt give her anything!!! cause she was from a rich home so they got alot of money mostly from herr family but the man gave her nothing even chi chi!!! What can she do!!! Marriage have start!!!
Ewoooooo what a story.That your friend has entered one chance it is like the guy is selfish.

1 Like

Re: Lets Start Paying Groom Prices!!!!! by ReinaFarine: 2:11pm On Feb 04, 2018
pryme:

Well I guess it where you grew up, in my place you are mocked at when you fight a girl ( that's if you are a guy).

Ladies sent to conflict Zones? Pls what's your occupation, if your are not in the defence ministry or security unit pls don't say what you don't know.

I may be wrong about the general consensus about the ratio gender that produces the highest numbers of brilliant kids in a classroom.

Your experience is not my experience. When you accept mine I will accept yours.

As for the military, it's another job, women can be employed.
But then even in the military it's not every job you assign to a woman.

As of the case of me spilling trash, it's trash to you cos you think like trash.

Whatever you say dearie... You're right.. I'm not in the military... I just read of it in an article... I was in Adamawa when the Fulani attacked NUMAN though.. Please read this article?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/jan/24/us-military-lifts-ban-women-combat

Like I said... I just read of it... But it doesn't seem likely... It means in every hundred, less than 9 are women.. C'mon, it doesn't seem likely... But I stand corrected...

Not every job is assigned to a woman in the millitary.. But the military is better with women in it... Ask the people fighting in Arabian countries how they can help the women a d children....... Feminism made the military a better place just accept it...

Your male and female intelligence ratio was trash... And I'm sorry, it pissed me off... Accept my apology?

1 Like

Re: Lets Start Paying Groom Prices!!!!! by Shugavee(f): 2:13pm On Feb 04, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Ewoooooo what a story.That your friend has entered one chance it is like the guy is selfish.
am telling you!! Anuty is managing o!!! Weyti man go do
Re: Lets Start Paying Groom Prices!!!!! by Shugavee(f): 2:17pm On Feb 04, 2018
ReinaFarine post=64777935i8:

Whatever you say dearie... You're right.. I'm not in the military... I just read of it in an article... I was in Adamawa when the Fulani attacked NUMAN though.. Please read this article?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/jan/24/us-military-lifts-ban-women-combat

Like I said... I just read of it... But it doesn't seem likely... It means in every hundred, less than 9 are women.. C'mon, it doesn't seem likely... But I stand corrected...

Not every job is assigned to a woman in the millitary.. But the military is better with women in it... Ask the people fighting in Arabian countries how they can help the women a d children....... Feminism made the military a better place just accept it...

Your male and female intelligence ratio was trash... And I'm sorry, it pissed me off... Accept my apology?
woman's not hot!!! Tell him o jare!!!

1 Like

Re: Lets Start Paying Groom Prices!!!!! by ubunja(m): 2:21pm On Feb 04, 2018
Shugavee:
all i can tell you is that the days of the Patriarchy are numbered.
Feminism hits Patriarchy at its most sensitive part.the power of the Patriarchy is in its keeping women poor which in turn forces women to depend on men for bread by agreeing to marriage which works for men as a constant assured source of sex. make women financially independent and you have hit the Patriarchy at its foundation.the Patriarchy has given so much to humanity but its not a perfect system.
is Feminism better? not really. but the Matriarchy as demonstrated in nature is an interesting system that i find myself studying more and more.

1 Like

Re: Lets Start Paying Groom Prices!!!!! by Shugavee(f): 2:30pm On Feb 04, 2018
ubunja:

all i can tell you is that the days of the Patriarchy are numbered.
Feminism hits Patriarchy at its most sensitive part.the power of the Patriarchy is in its keeping women poor which in turn forces women to depend on men for bread by agreeing to marriage which works for men as a constant assured source of sex. make women financially independent and you have hit the Patriarchy at its foundation.the Patriarchy has given so much to humanity but its not a perfect system.
is Feminism better? not really. but the Matriarchy as demonstrated in nature is an interesting system that i find myself studying more and more.
exactly a woman being independent is what we need first to degrade patriarchy!! Feminism is not 4 every one!! Feminism means ur ready to fight to it, n represent it!!! I know alot of ladies that dont belive in feminism but respect it!!! I know how many ladies i hv finacially helped to start little bizneses, this does not mean u cant collect from ur husband or man but dont be dependent on him!! Hv something doing!! I hate the ideology that implys if a woman earns more than man, a man should still take full responsibility of the bills!! Like he is a finacial slave!!! No even if he doesnt ask!!! Take participation in the bills!!

2 Likes

Re: Lets Start Paying Groom Prices!!!!! by ReinaFarine: 2:32pm On Feb 04, 2018
Shugavee:
exactly a woman being independent is whatsl we need first to degrade patriarchy!! Feminism is not 4 every one!! Feminism means ur ready to fight to it, n represent it!!! I know alot of ladies that dont belive in feminism but respect it!!! I know how many ladies i hv finacially helped to start a little bizneses, this does not mean u cant collect from ur husband or man but dont be dependent on him!! Hv something doing!! I hate the ideology that implys if a woman earns more than man, a man should still take full responsibility of the bills!! Like he is a finacial slave!!! No even if he doesnt ask!!! Take participation in the bills!!
Preach it sister!

1 Like

Re: Lets Start Paying Groom Prices!!!!! by Jman06(m): 3:10pm On Feb 04, 2018
Shugavee:
exactly a woman being independent is what we need first to degrade patriarchy!! Feminism is not 4 every one!! Feminism means ur ready to fight to it, n represent it!!! I know alot of ladies that dont belive in feminism but respect it!!! I know how many ladies i hv finacially helped to start little bizneses, this does not mean u cant collect from ur husband or man but dont be dependent on him!! Hv something doing!! I hate the ideology that implys if a woman earns more than man, a man should still take full responsibility of the bills!! Like he is a finacial slave!!! No even if he doesnt ask!!! Take participation in the bills!!
Thank you dear! Good to know that there are still Nigerian ladies that reason properly! Please reject all forms of enslavement from the menfolk. Many abusive men make their wives financially incapacitated so that they could live at his mercy. Some foolish ladies think that living and depending on a man means that the man loves them and that he is the "real man" like they call it. They forget that most times men would make a woman dependent just so that they could have all the advantage to throw all sorts of rubbish at their wives. Majority of women who suffer abuse in marriage or who are being cheated on by their husbands are housewives with no means of livelihood.
When a man knows that his wife has the means to stand on her own without him and that she will not take rubbish from him, he would respect her the more and not treat her like trash.

2 Likes

Re: Lets Start Paying Groom Prices!!!!! by pryme(m): 4:22pm On Feb 04, 2018
ReinaFarine:

Apologise? Now I feel bad for calling you trash.

There are a lot of covert operation that are carried out when it's critical in this country. Am yet to find a female member of the squad.

You are right about the female intelligence ration, in my nursery school days one girl prevented me from the top position for 3 yrs. In higher institutions that's not the case, guys are relied upon for assignments and test. But am sure you have noticed this before. Am not saying women are not intelligent , just that the majority are men. You can check the stats.

but then again like the OP said, it could be because women think it's a waste of time pursuing educational excellence cos of what the society thinks a woman should do or become.
Re: Lets Start Paying Groom Prices!!!!! by pryme(m): 4:31pm On Feb 04, 2018
Shugavee:
okay good people!! Asin the ones that marriage is their aim in this world?? Yes sir i am among the bad people!!

Lol, you must have had a really bad experience. What ever gave you that impression thats my own version of "good ppl"? Even if you succeed in your feminist campaign it will amount to nothing if you are surrounded by bad Ppl.

Like I said earlier, you don't need feminism, but if your happiness is rooted in feminism then by all means go for it.
But I will try to avoid your kind.
Re: Lets Start Paying Groom Prices!!!!! by Nobody: 4:34pm On Feb 04, 2018
MissWrite:

Yes. I'm sorry, I didn't consider the groom's perspective.....but that's why you're here cheering on the same cause smiley. But the choice doesn't belong to the woman, actually. A woman is traded from her father's house to her husband's house (extended family and community included). The bride price isn't hers to keep; a woman doesn't have that kind of standing in African context.
I am glad that we both agreed that there is a male's perspective grin
Re: Lets Start Paying Groom Prices!!!!! by Shugavee(f): 4:35pm On Feb 04, 2018
pryme:

Lol, you must have had a really bad experience. What ever gave you that impression thats my own version of "good ppl"? Even if you succeed in your feminist campaign it will amount to nothing if you are surrounded by bad Ppl.

Like I said earlier, you don't need feminism, but if your happiness is rooted in feminism then by all means go for it.
But I will try to avoid your kind.
lets keep the respect!!! I hv the responsiblity to do as i please n belive in what i want!!! I dont think my kind find men like you attractive in anyway!!! So we r on that already
Re: Lets Start Paying Groom Prices!!!!! by sekxyqueen(f): 4:38pm On Feb 04, 2018
Chikita66:
One more week that is what I need, so many books to cover, I'm not feeling fine, having body ache, but I took meds.
sorry about that..I went to school that was why I went off the whatsapp chat..
Re: Lets Start Paying Groom Prices!!!!! by pryme(m): 5:24pm On Feb 04, 2018
Shugavee:
lets keep the respect!!! I hv the responsiblity to do as i please n belive in what i want!!! I dont think my kind find men like you attractive in anyway!!! So we r on that already

Lol like me ke, which man in his right senses will want a lady that want to upset the applecart of nature. You should take out your grievances with God, since you claim to be wiser than God for putting a man first.
Re: Lets Start Paying Groom Prices!!!!! by Nobody: 6:11pm On Feb 04, 2018
pryme:

Lol like me ke, which man in his right senses will want a lady that want to upset the applecart of nature. You should take out your grievances with God, since you claim to be wiser than God for putting a man first.

which god? the one that murdered his son or the one that uses his children to play lotto?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pictures showing sincere beauty of igbo ladies / My Gf Oozes Fishy Smell Down There. / Look At What They Are Doing On Top Of The Car In Public [picture]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.