Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,862 members, 7,813,941 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:12 PM

Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man (16042 Views)

Jonathan Goodluck's REPORT Card - Your Assessment / Musiwa is the Candidate that will Beat Goodluck,the north cant / Is Goodluck The Best We Can Do? (no Insults Or Ethnic/religious Arguments Pls) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by truly: 4:33pm On Apr 26, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I heard about Nanosolar as well . . . and hoping to get updates on their products too. However other companies have worked hard to bring the cost of solar panels down to some reasonable costs. If one were to invest about N350,000 in Solar, for a typical home in Nigeria, that is more than enough electricity to power the home( Refrigerator, TV, Computer, Lights, Radio, Fans Or mini Airconditioning system). I mean Solar makes more sense for anyone living in NIgeria right now. Pollution free, and you can have it high on your roof, away from thiefs, and you do not have to run in and out to turn it on and off and all that. And After the initial investment, you won't need to invest a whole lot more for at least the initial first 10 years, from what I have read on the life of many out there now.
That is great
Do you know any credible vendor in Nigeria
One that will deliver a good job and at the same time enable me save some Naira (sorry kobo, LOL)
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Kobojunkie: 4:41pm On Apr 26, 2010
lol. . . .

Actually, I am a do-it-yourself-er. I know BP Solar sells, and will be in lagos in 6 months or so. Apart from that, no clue. but one can purchase and install on own.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by truly: 5:03pm On Apr 26, 2010
Kobojunkie:

lol. . . .

Actually, I am a do-it-yourself-er. I know BP Solar sells, and will be in lagos in 6 months or so. Apart from that, no clue. but one can purchase and install on own.
That underlined part is a major problem!
I am virtually useless in regard to such things
I could not put a Bic pen together if it was dismantled
It is hard enough to change a light bulb!
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Kobojunkie: 5:07pm On Apr 26, 2010
The good thing is it comes with instructions, I mean the kits. So you can do it yourself or pay someone to do it for you. But the benefits are tremendous.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by truly: 5:22pm On Apr 26, 2010
Thanks
Your confidence in this matter is infectious
However, if I run into any problem, I must find away of roping you into its solution or hanging the blame on you
A peculiar way of repaying somebody for a piece of useful education, isn't it?
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Kobojunkie: 5:24pm On Apr 26, 2010
I won't be back in the country till sometime in october, but if you wanted, I could help you then with finding someone and all that. I have to install on the place I will be staying then too. I really believe this is what people ought to be going for, rather than generators, which still do not make sense to me as it is sort of like pouring water down the drain for each run with noise, air etc pollutions to boot. What I particular love about solar is that after the initial cost, you won't need to bring up the same amount again the next year or so many more years after. Once you have it installed and it is working, you are done with expenditure, except occassional maintainance which is still not going to cost as much as you would have had to pay for generators and what nots.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by truly: 5:33pm On Apr 26, 2010
Ok, thanks for the offer
I will like to accept it
Especially as I am not sure of getting anything credible right away
As for generator, we had a close shave once
I was woken up on night by my neighbour's wife scream for help
Their generator caught fire and it was a nigtmare
I don't really like them
I am leaving the office now because of traffic
Will respond later
And will put up my email add then
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by xtayle(m): 6:00pm On Apr 26, 2010
power supply has really improved. And i think it did based on two reasons. One is that AG President made it clear that performance is the only guaranty to keep anyone in office and two is that he oversees that sector by himself. This is rather exemplary because obasanjo chose to ignore the challenge of power supply and went to oversee oil and gas and we are living witnesses to the result of that decision.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by alldone(m): 11:21am On Apr 27, 2010
well for me the power situation in my area is still very bad. may be some area improved i do not know.

i hope it improve.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by exago(m): 2:27pm On Apr 27, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I won't be back in the country till sometime in October, but if you wanted, I could help you then with finding someone and all that. I have to install on the place I will be staying then too. I really believe this is what people ought to be going for, rather than generators, which still do not make sense to me as it is sort of like pouring water down the drain for each run with noise, air etc pollutions to boot. What I particular love about solar is that after the initial cost, you won't need to bring up the same amount again the next year or so many more years after. Once you have it installed and it is working, you are done with expenditure, except occasional maintenance which is still not going to cost as much as you would have had to pay for generators and what nots.

Rather than go personal, I feel it should be a community concern, sort-of controlled, so that this does not add to distorting our landscape like the communication masts and Phcn poles have already done
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by stede(m): 10:08pm On Apr 27, 2010
Pukkah:
Is the 'electricity miracle' still there?
cheesy
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Kobojunkie: 10:13pm On Apr 27, 2010
People have a right to have Solar panels on their property. Majorly they would lie flat on roofs, so I don't seem them standing out in the way masts, and poles do.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by smithereen: 5:28am On Apr 28, 2010
Actually, I've noticed an improvement. The question is, is this one of those "good seasons" in NEPA PHCN? Maybe some trustworthy published figures regarding generation, transmission and distribution, would help allay my fears.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Pioneer1: 1:00pm On Apr 28, 2010
Let us face the fact, the man has really challenged those in power sector (PHCN) they got to seat up. There is though little change in power supply, we should not be in a hurry, Rome they said was not build in a day. So let us not dream of 24hrs power supply so soon. However I was surprise that I got a fuel at 65 naira per liter outside NNPC deport. No Nigerian leader have done that ever before now. THERE ARE MORE MIRACLES ON THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by CGKing(m): 11:51pm On Apr 28, 2010
With all the heavy presence of self proclaimed intelligent men in Naija, for years we couldnt even get power supply for at least once in few days. Now IBB is talking about who can and cant rule naija. Thank God for Jonathan.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by trusmile(m): 12:59pm On Apr 29, 2010
It was a surprise to realise power supply in my area as taken a new turn "for better''. I think it started happening since Goodluck Jo, who is really acting as a president of the federation. Though everybody has his or her defect but I can see changes in some aspect. [ This could be the good, the luck for some changes] wink cool
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Nobody: 11:24am On Apr 30, 2010
please which part of the country are you from not everyone will agree with you, you now enjoy light ,i don't so no improvement yet, sad
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by BOMANY: 8:15pm On May 01, 2010
Lol!!! Whoever is talking about improvment in electricity in Nigeria, DOES NOT leave with us here. Probably in wonderland undecided shocked

Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by TheNigeria: 8:55pm On May 02, 2010
i came to Nigeria, for thre and half weeks and i can confirm that the electricity has definitely improved more so in the last 2 weeks. being used to 24 hours electricity over here, i was not expecting that in naija but over the last three days we spent we had electricity of about 22 hours of each day, this is no mean feat bearing in mind that i grew up in Nigeria and i can say i have never experienced that much stability with NEPA. so keep the good work up President Goodluck ( don't really like using acting president).

ps:first reply for me, joined Nairaland during my holiday.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Pukkah: 6:48pm On Nov 02, 2011
Is the 'electricity miracle' still there?
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by BetaThings: 7:43am On Nov 03, 2011
^^^^
He "won" the election by propaganda
"Performance" is also now propaganda
My generator is groaning

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Arrest & Prosecute Arewa Youths Inciting Violence Against Igbos – HURIWA / 2023: Osinbajo Storms Yobe (Photos) / Ben Bruce Commends Judiciary, Says We Must Follow The Jonathan Doctrine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.