Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,870 members, 7,813,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:50 PM

Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man (16043 Views)

Jonathan Goodluck's REPORT Card - Your Assessment / Musiwa is the Candidate that will Beat Goodluck,the north cant / Is Goodluck The Best We Can Do? (no Insults Or Ethnic/religious Arguments Pls) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by sandraa(f): 9:23am On Apr 22, 2010
Ah in my area light is constant nd like everybody we r scared!

but from wat i heard it means change has truely come to stay!

, But i know all this is for 2011 ticket!, , but who cares who is there as long as there is power, infrastructure in place, nd all basic amenities.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Nobody: 9:36am On Apr 22, 2010
light neva improve for my area o!!!!! sad sad sad
if it has improved for real at some places no one should give GJ credit yet. Yaradua deserves that. PHCNs problems are very complex and hydraheaded that it would take more than a qucik fix and sheer political will to bring the infrastructure right up to par.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by dejyx: 9:59am On Apr 22, 2010
Dear Nairalanders,

There can't be any miracle to this.  It takes three stages to have power.  Generation, Transmission and Distribution.  One question we must ask ourselves is How much power do we need to generate for our population of about 150 million. Most definitely, 1,500MW, 2,500MW, 3,200MW or even the 6000MW we can't achieve is not enough to make a considerable change in the power sector. Even after generating 80,000MW thats if we can we must still work on our Transmission and Distribution.  

Ghana with a population of about 23 million can boast of Hydroelectricity which is the primary source of Ghana's power. Ghana's current hydroelectric capacity of 1.072 GW is located at Akosombo (912 MW) and Kpong (160 MW). The Ghanaian government is considering additional hydroelectric projects to be built on a Build Operate Transfer (BOT) financing scheme. The $700-million, Bui hydroelectric project would be located on the Black Volta. The Bui project would have a generation capacity of 400 MW. In addition to increasing the domestic electricity supply, power generated from Bui could be exported to Burkina Faso, Mali and Cote d'Ivoire.

Upon all this they have they are still working tirelessly to improve.  For more information go to

http://www.mbendi.com/indy/powr/af/gh/p0005.htm

I am using Ghana as an example because we all know that Ghana has been able to achieve a steady rate of  power supply.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by mygladness: 10:54am On Apr 22, 2010
Poster and his cohorts, I beg make una wake up!!!! What kind of joke and propaganda is this?

Jonathan a miracle man? Light has improved? Is this suppose to be "April fool" in the middle of the month?

Electricity has been a mirage in many areas I am familiar with in Lagos.

Let's not deceive Jonathan, propaganda will not give him true picture of situation of things that matter most to Nigerians.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by pheesayor(m): 11:04am On Apr 22, 2010
mygladness:

Poster and his cohorts, I beg make una wake up!!!! What kind of joke and propaganda is this?

Jonathan a miracle man? Light has improved? Is this suppose to be "April fool" in the middle of the month?

Electricity has been a mirage in many areas I am familiar with in Lagos.

Let's not deceive Jonathan, propaganda will not give him true picture of situation of things that matter most to Nigerians.

The problem now is distribution, generation has obviously increased so get your transformers replaced tongue

But really, we've moved away from the days of 12-12 to almost 24hrs. Any area that isnt not enjoying it now is having internal problems from their local phcn office.

GENERATION HAS INCREASED AND YOU'ALL SHOULD REMEMBER OBASANJO STARTED THE WORK grin grin grin

Obviously, Yardua just did what Obasanjo refused to do which is amnesty, none of you here will deny that
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Realpoint(m): 11:37am On Apr 22, 2010
Don't turn NL to campaign forum!!! grin

The truth is that let us wait and see because I could remember vividly that it was like this when Yar adua came into power in my area.

Nigeria are too forgetful and chosen hero with emotion and passion that is the reason behind all this miracle man of a thing but let time tells who is really sincere to resolve our problems and serve us with all his life.

A word is enough for the wise!
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by nnamanic(m): 11:47am On Apr 22, 2010
well I think there has been an improvement, its even on news that the power generation has increase, u can check out this link. http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/4388-power-generation-output-hits-36677mw-as-faulty-transmission-lines-negate-supply-level
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Kobojunkie: 11:50am On Apr 22, 2010
nnamani c:

well I think there has been an improvement, its even on news that the power generation has increase, u can check out this link. http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/4388-power-generation-output-hits-36677mw-as-faulty-transmission-lines-negate-supply-level

The level of improvement is not that significant considering it is yet to, I believe, get to PRE-Yar adua levels. I believe the nation was at about 4000MW when Yar adua came in and declare a state of emergency. Since then, there has been a dip in the generation levels. So, if the current increase has not even gotten high enough to cover what we lost during the begining of this very administration, then what does that tell you?
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by gentlegg(m): 12:45pm On Apr 22, 2010
Is only an ignoramus to Nigerian power problem will believe you guys here. Let's not deceive Jonathan, maybe he has started scratching the problem - good, but a long journey still.

@Category
At least my supposed village had been electrified before the category of your age was conceived.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Chikendo(m): 12:52pm On Apr 22, 2010
Listen every poster. This is the truth, There is fair impovement of nepa over the last few weeks and it can only get better so if it hasnt gotten to ur area, u wait for ur miracle. Be patient cos its spreadin like wide fire. There is a change and i confirm to it in lagos. Bless u
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by phoenixsta: 1:01pm On Apr 22, 2010
I think Naija owe[b] GJ[/b] a round of applause spoke to my ppl at home and my hommies and it was confirmed
that power is back to Nija what should nigerians not be gr8full for

Thumb up JOJO grin jonathan is the man of the moment.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by lacicrips(m): 1:33pm On Apr 22, 2010

Much has been said about the DRAMATIC improvement in the supply of grid electrical power to Nigeria over the past few months, but a new thread is still in order, since Jonathan Goodluck has slayed a monster that NO OTHER Nigerian head of state DARED tackle at any time over the past 30 years.

It began virtually the instant President Goodluck took over from the long dead and entirely worthless Ex-President Yar Adua, with lights and electrical appliances flickering to life all over Nigeria for the first time in the living memory of any person less than 30 years old, and now, there flows near 24-hour stable electrical power over vast, long forgotten swathes of a land formerly condemned to permanent darkness.

Evidently, President Goodluck single handedly confronted, defeated and uprooted that profoundly evil gang of criminals who held on to key jobs in the national electrical utility company, exploiting their access to the key equipment for the devious purpose of profiteering from Nigeria's electrical blackout by making sure all electrical outlets remained permanently dead.  With President Goodluck now DIRECTLY running Nigeria's electrical power sector, all the worn-out excuses for the perennial blackout have miraculously vanished overnight.  This accomplishent is almost beyond comprehension, and is without equal in Nigeria's entire history.

If there is a minor regret most Nigerians may quietly harbor in the wake of this astonishing development, it would probably be that those squalid, greedy saboteurs of the country's power supply capability cannot simply be lined up against a wall and shot to pieces in a hail of machinegun fire before an exultant crowd.

All in all, Jonathan Goodluck ALREADY qualifies as Nigeria's MIRACLE MAN, for he has accomplished the seemingly impossible in virtually no time at all.     Bravo Johnny !  You is da MAN !  Take my wife, please !   I would be greatly honored.

Those words in red were totally uncalled for. Have a little respect man. I'm ashamed of you.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by MyPeace(f): 1:47pm On Apr 22, 2010
Light has drastically improved in my area!
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by brilantio: 2:08pm On Apr 22, 2010
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by olo2gbenga(m): 4:29pm On Apr 22, 2010
There's been incredible improvement in power generation over the past few weeks in my area. I now enjoy at least 16 out of the 24hrs of light in a day. This is to show that the man Goodluck jonathan is a performer who merely within 3 months has shown that he's ready to lead Nigeria, Nigerians out of obscurity into HOPE. I still have hope in this country as I believe the WE the well-populated YOUTH can bring about change in our gr8 country NIGERIA.

Pa Goodluck, dey do your thing dey go joo, I no longer have to bye 2k worth of petrol everyweek to generate power on my own.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by johndavid1(m): 6:06pm On Apr 22, 2010
whether  you have light or not in you area the truth is that there is a major improvement on power sector so kudos to Goodluck jonathan
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by vislabraye(m): 6:25pm On Apr 22, 2010
Please Johnny boy, go on!!
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by thirdi(m): 7:37pm On Apr 22, 2010
light no dey quench for Aso Rock grin
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by chidichris(m): 8:00pm On Apr 22, 2010
good news to nigerian singles as jonathan is even planing to make marriage free of charge.
again, education is going to be free of charge any moment from next month.
this jonathan is 4 much.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Chidoxyl(m): 9:42pm On Apr 22, 2010
I miss where I stayed in Ilorin (while a student of Unilorin) so much. Know y? I enjoyed a stable power supply - electricity was CONSTANT. I speak about year 2008, when cos of stable power supply, I had to save my project money by typing my over 100 pages project write-up all by myself. I wake up at will to keep appointments, knowing that there surely will be power 4 me 2 iron my clothes. I was never disappointment! Somebody should please help me check what the situation of power is @ d moment in Estate (where I stayed), just after Adewole Estate, Ilorin, Kwara state. I have never seen anything close 2 dis in any other part of Nigeria.

Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, I know U can take us 2 such height. Until U achieve dis, I choose not to go with Jakumo.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by makjeb: 10:19pm On Apr 22, 2010
Light has indeed improved, here in Port Harcourt especially in rumuigbo along ohiamini crescent light has somewhat being consistent considering the fact that we now use light in the mornings, afternoons and sleep at night with light, Though I am still praying that the Acting president tackles this problem completely.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by flexshop(m): 10:41pm On Apr 22, 2010
Na lie, Which gas turbine or hydroelectric plant is generating this? Breakdown please? My mother said there is epileptic power supply in my state generally.pls people saying they have light shld specify their state?
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by flexshop(m): 10:42pm On Apr 22, 2010
Na lie, Which gas turbine or hydroelectric plant is generating this? Breakdown please? My mother said there is epileptic power supply in my state generally.pls people saying they have light shld specify their state?
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by adesteve: 1:11am On Apr 23, 2010
so i am not alone! ever since jonathan made himself minister of power, light has been very stable in my neighbourhood, almost 24 hrs! i simply cant believe it was possible to enjoy constant power supply in nigeria! truly, there is a cabal behind constant power outage who are afraid of jonathan!
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by bebure(m): 9:15am On Apr 23, 2010
This is a load of crap. I have been in Nigeria for exactly one month and there hasn't been a flicker of light since I got back. And for two months before.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by DL(m): 9:56am On Apr 23, 2010
Much has been said about the DRAMATIC improvement in the supply of grid electrical power to Nigeria over the past few months, but a new thread is still in order, since Jonathan Goodluck has slayed a monster that NO OTHER Nigerian head of state DARED tackle at any time over the past 30 years.

It began virtually the instant President Goodluck took over from the long dead and entirely worthless Ex-President Yar Adua, with lights and electrical appliances flickering to life all over Nigeria for the first time in the living memory of any person less than 30 years old, and now, there flows near 24-hour stable electrical power over vast, long forgotten swathes of a land formerly condemned to permanent darkness.

Evidently, President Goodluck single handedly confronted, defeated and uprooted that profoundly evil gang of criminals who held on to key jobs in the national electrical utility company, exploiting their access to the key equipment for the devious purpose of profiteering from Nigeria's electrical blackout by making sure all electrical outlets remained permanently dead. With President Goodluck now DIRECTLY running Nigeria's electrical power sector, all the worn-out excuses for the perennial blackout have miraculously vanished overnight. This accomplishent is almost beyond comprehension, and is without equal in Nigeria's entire history.

If there is a minor regret most Nigerians may quietly harbor in the wake of this astonishing development, it would probably be that those squalid, greedy saboteurs of the country's power supply capability cannot simply be lined up against a wall and shot to pieces in a hail of machinegun fire before an exultant crowd.

All in all, Jonathan Goodluck ALREADY qualifies as Nigeria's MIRACLE MAN, for he has accomplished the seemingly impossible in virtually no time at all. Bravo Johnny ! You is da MAN ! Take my wife, please ! I would be greatly honored.

I agree with you that President Jonathan has got something to do with this. Electricity has improved a lot.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by VALIDATOR: 11:31am On Apr 23, 2010
dejyx:

Dear Nairalanders,

There can't be any miracle to this.  It takes three stages to have power.  Generation, Transmission and Distribution.  One question we must ask ourselves is How much power do we need to generate for our population of about 150 million. Most definitely, 1,500MW, 2,500MW, 3,200MW or even the 6000MW we can't achieve is not enough to make a considerable change in the power sector. Even after generating 80,000MW thats if we can we must still work on our Transmission and Distribution.  

Ghana with a population of about 23 million can boast of Hydroelectricity which is the primary source of Ghana's power. Ghana's current hydroelectric capacity of 1.072 GW is located at Akosombo (912 MW) and Kpong (160 MW). The Ghanaian government is considering additional hydroelectric projects to be built on a Build Operate Transfer (BOT) financing scheme. The $700-million, Bui hydroelectric project would be located on the Black Volta. The Bui project would have a generation capacity of 400 MW. In addition to increasing the domestic electricity supply, power generated from Bui could be exported to Burkina Faso, Mali and Cote d'Ivoire.

Upon all this they have they are still working tirelessly to improve.  For more information go to

http://www.mbendi.com/indy/powr/af/gh/p0005.htm

I am using Ghana as an example because we all know that Ghana has been able to achieve a steady rate of  power supply.

@dejyx,
It's nice to know that there is at least one other person in this Nairaland who understands how this electricity supply works. Most people just keep shouting "it has improved" OR "it has not improved" without any empirical evidence of what the national average is. They didn't really want to do the math.No wonder the politicians find it so easy to manipulate the masses.Most Nigerians just can't do simple math. Electricity hours is stolen from some places and diverted to some other places.It's no real improvement. Simple !

Now back to the issue.
3500MW capacity generation CAN NOT give any significant improvement.It is equivalent to just about 220KWH per person annually. Is ANYBODY here interested in doing the math?
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Sebdgreat(m): 12:01pm On Apr 23, 2010
Y did pple like spreading false news,in my area we hardly get lite,tired of buying fuel 4 generator.i cant jst understand our country Nigeria has spoilt 2 d xtent of no repair,our leaders keep telln us lies,fake promises.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Sebdgreat(m): 12:01pm On Apr 23, 2010
Y did pple like spreading false news,in my area we hardly get lite,tired of buying fuel 4 generator.i cant jst understand our country Nigeria has spoilt 2 d xtent of no repair,our leaders keep telln us lies,fake promises.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by nimbles: 12:16pm On Apr 23, 2010
perhaps it has not circulate, really things has change i mean my own area oooo
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by koolpal(m): 12:24pm On Apr 23, 2010
i did sleep cos my neighbours have bn disturbibg my sleep with much noise since they don't have lyt, as 4 me na billage i cmot phrom, 4 we billage we dey use lamp

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others / Dogara Fails To Settle Saraki, Presidency Rift / I’m Not A Hungry Governor - Obiano To Critics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.