Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,914 members, 7,814,084 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man (16046 Views)

Jonathan Goodluck's REPORT Card - Your Assessment / Musiwa is the Candidate that will Beat Goodluck,the north cant / Is Goodluck The Best We Can Do? (no Insults Or Ethnic/religious Arguments Pls) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by kuntash: 12:45pm On Apr 23, 2010
I shouted whilst I was burning petrol and diesel with my gen set for an average of 12hrs a day and 20hrs/day on weekends,  now the reverse is the case,  I DONT WANNA KNOW HOW IT HAPPENED,  its been like this for like 7wks now,  lets pray it would be sustained,

Most petrol attendants can testify to these,  Gen repairers would confess thereafter, then Gen sellers , distrubutors/importers

On Goodluck, I think his strategy differs from previous presidents,  there is much difference when you talk directly to staff of PHCN - (from the gateman, service engrs, P&C, etc) than talking only to the minister of power, or the MD of PHCN, 

same goes for whoever does biz, when you deal directly with the source the results are quite oustanding,
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by paitoy: 2:47pm On Apr 23, 2010
thank God,think i noticed,the power sector is improving gradually. smiley smiley
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Ekiti1: 6:22pm On Apr 23, 2010
It is true! Even in Ekiti state wt Zero power supply in d capital Ado Ekiti it has suddenly jumped to 40%. D 1st day I tot d world is comin 2 an end!
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by webfx(m): 8:40pm On Apr 23, 2010
I believe generation has improved dramatically from the nigthmare of barely 800mw last year to a peak of 3600MW sometime last month. However there are still a lot of kinks to be ironed out in the distribution section; that i suppose is why the impact is not the same all around yet.
So ole boy Joe, i chip in my vote of thanks!
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Nobody: 9:17pm On Apr 23, 2010
Ekiti1:

It is true! Even in Ekiti state wt Zero power supply in d capital Ado Ekiti it has suddenly jumped to 40%. D 1st day I tot d world is comin 2 an end!
I hope it continues that way cuz am coming home soon. woot woot!!

I'm tired of Lanterns and blinking TV angry
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by na2day2(m): 10:00pm On Apr 23, 2010
FL Gators:

I hope it continues that way cuz am coming home soon. woot woot!!

I'm tired of Lanterns and blinking TV angry

good riddance to bad rubbish! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by platinumnk(f): 10:06pm On Apr 23, 2010
Its only good when the East is fixed.
NEPA comes there like once a week for two hours
And for Xmas it comes for 8 hours lol

thank GoD for the the Gen we shipped from the States tongue
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by lordobaro: 8:38am On Apr 24, 2010
since i was born i have never seen light for one full day. but i saw light a day+ at 22nd this month in warri delta state, ask others to confirm
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by egoldman(m): 12:30pm On Apr 24, 2010
So now we are celebrating the availability of electricity abi ? This is something  the poorest of the poor in India take for granted angry
    What next ? we will soon celebrate free and cold drinking water in public places , i taya for this country  angry
Frankly i would be very ashamed to show this thread to any Indian.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Jakumo(m): 12:50pm On Apr 24, 2010
Yes sir indeed, Mr. Goldman, the sudden availability of electrical power in Nigeria, after 30 years of continuous darkness, is cause for great celebration, and for giving credit where it is due, namely to the man of the hour, President Jonathan Goodluck.

Before sneering down your nose from India, of all places, where rats, monkeys and cows are worshipped like gods, and where dedicated vehicles pick up scores of the destitute who died of hunger throughout Mumbai every morning,  may I remind you that power outages are routine everywhere in that horribly overpopulated country, your blatant lie here notwithstanding.

Have a nice day, sir, if that is in fact possible in your paradise.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by egoldman(m): 1:05pm On Apr 24, 2010
Brother Jakumo take it easy , Jonathan is trying  and  there is no two ways about it , but i do think by now we should be celebrating things like almost or 100% Nigerian made cars or free and fair election unlike what IBB is about to force down our throats .
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by udezue(m): 3:16pm On Apr 24, 2010
Some naija people and their shameledd psychophancy. lol Jonathan is no miracle man and so called improvement should be a reason to put him on some high pedestol. In a modern nation power supply should be available 24/7 .as long as u pay ur bill. Why some of y'all get easily impressed coz ur light is on for 1 or 2 extra hours is laughable and shameful. Let him give 24 hour light then if u like u can even dash him ur mothers to kpansh. Isn't that his job sef? Why all the bootlicking?
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by nateevs(m): 7:00pm On Apr 24, 2010
udezue:

Some naija people and their shameledd psychophancy. lol Jonathan is no miracle man and so called improvement should be a reason to put him on some high pedestol. In a modern nation power supply should be available 24/7 .as long as u pay your bill. Why some of y'all get easily impressed coz your light is on for 1 or 2 extra hours is laughable and shameful. Let him give 24 hour light then if u like u can even dash him your mothers to kpansh. Isn't that his job sef? Why all the bootlicking?

Bros . .
Only people who live with the agony of only 2 hours of electricity supply every day are fit to make such statements.
For you and I, it's off limits.

It's like you asking people in Afganistan and Iraq not to celebrate a few hours of peace.
It's their government's responsibility to bring peace to the region you say. .

How insensitive!
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by udezue(m): 7:12pm On Apr 24, 2010
Bros i might reside in tx but i once lived in nigeria and have experienced what they are going through well well so please don't u dictate to me when to state my own opinion or not. understand?
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Kobojunkie: 7:14pm On Apr 24, 2010
webfx:

I believe generation has improved dramatically from the[b] nigthmare of barely 800mw [/b] last year to a peak of 3600MW sometime last month. However there are still a lot of kinks to be ironed out in the distribution section; that i suppose is why the impact is not the same all around yet.
So ole boy Joe, i chip in my vote of thanks!

Do we have to make things up now? It was never down to 800MW oooo!!! kai!!  It was hovering around the 2000s and Yar adua/Jonathan plan last year to generate 6000MW by december is likely reason why we have about a 1000 MW increase, which I suspect Jonathan only had to flip the on switch for this year, since Yar adua was not there last december to flip it.

By the way, since people living in Lagos get about 45% of the country's electricity supply anyways, it is expected that those in Lagos will notice the increase, no matter how little, more than those in other areas of the country.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by kenuoyibo(m): 3:19am On Apr 25, 2010
Jonathan has made a remarkable improvemnet in the energy sector. well, I believe that his best is yet to come.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by truly: 5:05am On Apr 25, 2010
Jakumo:

Yes sir indeed, Mr. Goldman, the sudden availability of electrical power in Nigeria, after 30 years of continuous darkness, is cause for great celebration, and for giving credit where it is due, namely to the man of the hour, President Jonathan Goodluck.

Before sneering down your nose from India, of all places, where rats, monkeys and cows are worshipped like gods, and where dedicated vehicles pick up scores of the destitute who died of hunger throughout Mumbai every morning,  may I remind you that power outages are routine everywhere in that horribly overpopulated country, your blatant lie here notwithstanding.

Have a nice day, sir, if that is in fact possible in your paradise.

kenuoyibo:

Jonathan has made a remarkable improvemnet in the energy sector. well, I believe that his best is yet to come.

So this miracle was done in 2 or 4 months!
And he had been VP since 2007
before then Gov for about 2 years
Nigerians!

I like miracles but these posts are also miracles in their own rights
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by timmy2409(m): 6:32am On Apr 25, 2010
I swear we live almost like slaves in Naija, the government owes us a whole lot of stuff including 24/7 electricity. now that they decided to give some people like 1/512 of the electricity that we're s'posed to enjoy and take for granted, everyone's all coo-coo and saying it's a miracle, like its not the government's job grrrrh!
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by udezue(m): 6:44am On Apr 25, 2010
Gbam!
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by londoner: 10:15am On Apr 25, 2010
Its only natural that people should be happy at improved electricity supply. There is no miracle, but its not a bad development is it? It is at least a sign that we can possibly reach 24 hour constant light in Nigeria, which would necessitate a steady increase over time. Is this not perhaps a step towards that? Of course people who are used to 24 hour light will not see it as anything big, but only because we are accustomed to what we enjoy and actually take it for granted. I suppose when we have a free and fair election we will also say its nothing, because others have enjoyed it for years.

After years of going backwards only, we should note even the smallest step forward.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by papagwin: 11:30am On Apr 25, 2010
Hi folks, i know we are all so anxious has to see an improvement of power in all our locality, but lets face the fact of the saying "ROME WASN'T BUILT IN A DAY". In my area we used to have light for 6hrs a day, but since Goodluck came in a head over PHCN it has improved to btw 14-16hrs everyday. I know this might not go well with some people but believe me you have a role to play in this. For example, some people haven't had light in days because their transformer is faulty, do you expect Goodluck to come to your area? Well that would be impossible, he still has a greater assignment as to generating and channeling power adequately. So if you want to enjoy power start now to protect that transformer in neighbourhood cause it could be the hindrance to light for you.
Your excellency keep up the good work and please leave every other thing and concentrate on power. Nigeria's well vote for you.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by novaman: 5:50pm On Apr 25, 2010
some improvement, for those who feel we shouldn't praise goodluck, well I have this to say, what if like others he decides to turn blind eyes and ignore, what can we do; politician like to be praised as that is the only way to get more
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by location(m): 9:36pm On Apr 25, 2010
well well well, its all about location location location. because those living in ASO ROCK may never have the tip of how bad darkness is. any way in nigeria torch is light. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Kobojunkie: 9:45pm On Apr 25, 2010
novaman:

some improvement, for those who feel we shouldn't praise goodluck, well I have this to say, what if like others he decides to turn blind eyes and ignore, what can we do; politician like to be praised as that is the only way to get more

Again, he has YET TO DO ANYTHING, so why not wait to praise him when he actually does something PRAISEWORTHY?  Politicians like to be praised, especially Nigerian politicians. How much has past praises and arse kicking done to help the Nigerian situation?
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by moondust(m): 12:50am On Apr 26, 2010
There's noticable improvement in power supply, but the thing is, how long can he sustain it.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by truly: 1:42am On Apr 26, 2010
papagwin:

Hi folks, i know we are all so anxious has to see an improvement of power in all our locality, but lets face the fact of the saying "ROME WASN'T BUILT IN A DAY". In my area we used to have light for 6hrs a day, but since Goodluck came in a head over PHCN it has improved to btw 14-16hrs everyday. I know this might not go well with some people but believe me you have a role to play in this. For example, some people haven't had light in days because their transformer is faulty, do you expect Goodluck to come to your area? Well that would be impossible, he still has a greater assignment as to generating and channeling power adequately. So if you want to enjoy power start now to protect that transformer in neighbourhood cause it could be the hindrance to light for you.
Your excellency keep up the good work and please leave every other thing and concentrate on power. Nigeria's well vote for you.

Then why should I then believe that Johnathan actually built Rome in a day!
So when did Johnathan come in? 2 months ago as Ag President? or 5 months since Yaradua took ill?
And he achieved all these in 5 months?

And like we know, Johnathan was the chairman of a committee set up by Yaradua to actualise Yaradua's promise of 6,000MW by Dec 2009
Now this is April 2010
And according to PHCN, they are targetting 4,000MW in April
http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20100426343764

And nobody ever told me before now (under Obj and Yaradua) that power problem was due to my transformer's problems
but since this "miracle" was wrought (within 2 - 5 months), it is now over to my transformer!

I don't need to protect my transformer
I only need to protect my mind from being assailed by the notion that ANYBODY can transform power situation in 6months
And indeed to be fair to Jonathan, he told CNN that electoral reforms can be delivered in 6 months
but NOT infrastructural transformation which will take a longer time

Please listen to the interview again
If you convince Johnathan of his miracle, then perhaps I will be convinced and will "like" what you are saying

See excerpts below
http://thewillnigeria.com/breaking/4181-Transcript-Jonathans-Interview-With-CNNs-Amanpour.html

"AMANPOUR: You've got 12 months, essentially, to enact the reforms you're talking about, bringing about the changes, whether it's to election law, whether it's to the issue of peace. How much do you really think you can achieve in this short period of time? 

JONATHAN: We'll do our best. Some of this (inaudible) human issues that you can achieve significantly, like we talk about electoral reforms and conducting clean elections. We don't need 100 years to do that. We don't even need a year to do that, because they're human factors (ph). And a few months, we should be able to set up a system that can conduct free and fair elections. But all that is like basic infrastructure that needs a period that -- that you conceptualize it, you figure out the design, you figure the planning, environmental assessment, and so on before you the physical execution of the projects. Those ones will take some time. 

But still, people will see that you've set up a clear roadmap. If you think the most challenging infrastructure that we have, the power infrastructure, the electric power infrastructure, we must set up a clear agenda that people will know that we are moving forward and we have milestones that we can benchmark you. 

Definitely a government that -- we have 12 months, and especially -- especially it's an election period. Immediately after elections, government’s activities tend to slow down because of, of course, they are key positions that are in government. 

So we have that kind of a challenge. We don't really even have 12 months. We can't even claim to have 5 months. But what we promise is that within the shortest possible time, we take (inaudible) cannot take everything. We take the things that we believe we can leave some footprints, but most importantly for Nigerians to see that we are -- we are serious and we are committed. 

"
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by OAM4J: 2:29am On Apr 26, 2010
^^^ Very Good analysis.

But I dont think many people here believe Jonathan has solved all the power problems.

People are only acknowledging the improvements they have seen.

anyone who believes Jonathan will solve all the power problem in a year is only dreaming.

what I think majority appreciate is the commitment he is putting into it and like he said we should be able to measure the progress.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by hayzelle: 8:55am On Apr 26, 2010
mehn its really awesome here in ikoyi thought i was the only one that noticed but i see naija is getting better, wink smiley
even when the light goes off it comes back on immediately, impressive!!!
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by truly: 3:47pm On Apr 26, 2010
OAM4J:

^^^ Very Good analysis.

But I dont think many people here believe Jonathan has solved all the power problems.

People are only acknowledging the improvements they have seen.

anyone who believes Jonathan will solve all the power problem in a year is only dreaming.

what I think majority appreciate is the commitment he is putting into it and like he said we should be able to measure the progress.

I agree with this - commitment and focus
I would love to be rid of generators, trips to buy fuel (and having to tip/bribe the attendants)
I would love to be rid of the genrator noise which can be unbearable, the pollution and most importantly
I would love that Nigeria ceases to be an object of ridiculed where people periodically die of inhallation of generators exhaust fume
May God help our country
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Kobojunkie: 3:52pm On Apr 26, 2010
truly:

I agree with this - commitment and focus
[b]I would love to be rid of generators, trips to buy fuel (and having to tip/bribe the attendants)
I would love to be rid of the genrator noise which can be unbearable, the pollution and most importantly[/b]I would love that Nigeria ceases to be an object of ridiculed where people periodically die of inhallation of generators exhaust fume
May God help our country

Fear not, the solution to that problem has been available for a while now. it is called Solar power. If you spent just $1000 on Solar( it is cheaper now compared to yesteryears) you will be rid of pollution, trips to get fuel, and need to turn generators off and on. Solar does not need your care 24/7.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by truly: 4:08pm On Apr 26, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Fear not, the solution to that problem has been available for a while now. it is called Solar power. If you spent just $1000 on Solar( it is cheaper now compared to yesteryears) you will be rid of pollution, trips to get fuel, and need to turn generators off and on. Solar does not need your care 24/7.
Please educate me
My understanding has always been that the cost of providing solar power for even a single family requires significant initial outlay
has this changed?
I once heard of a company - nanosolar - that made a breakthrough in the technology
But was told that it won't be available to households for year
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Kobojunkie: 4:13pm On Apr 26, 2010
truly:

Please educate me
My understanding has always been that the cost of providing solar power for even a single family requires significant initial outlay
has this changed?
I once heard of a company - nanosolar - that made a breakthrough in the technology
But was told that it won't be available to households for year

I heard about Nanosolar as well . . . and hoping to get updates on their products too. However other companies have worked hard to bring the cost of solar panels down to some reasonable costs. If one were to invest about N350,000 in Solar, for a typical home in Nigeria, that is more than enough electricity to power the home( Refrigerator, TV, Computer, Lights, Radio, Fans Or mini Airconditioning system). I mean Solar makes more sense for anyone living in NIgeria right now. Pollution free, and you can have it high on your roof, away from thiefs, and you do not have to run in and out to turn it on and off and all that. And After the initial investment, you won't need to invest a whole lot more for at least the initial first 10 years, from what I have read on the life of many out there now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Senator Barnabas Gemade Defects From PDP To SDP / Corruption Allegations: In Case FG Has Forgotten These Cases! By Dirisu Yakubu / Plot To Sack Secondus As PDP Chairman Thickens, Wike Withdraws Support For Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.