Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,042 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man (16044 Views)

Jonathan Goodluck's REPORT Card - Your Assessment / Musiwa is the Candidate that will Beat Goodluck,the north cant / Is Goodluck The Best We Can Do? (no Insults Or Ethnic/religious Arguments Pls) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Sirmee(m): 3:48pm On Apr 21, 2010
Pls NL, don't let us be sentimental about this issue, the power supply has improved so much. In my area out of 24hrs the minimal power supply is 20hrs. It's the truth, i am not campaigning for Ag. President Jonathan. If this light problem should be sought out permanently pls let him stay in office beyond 2011
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Gamine(f): 3:49pm On Apr 21, 2010
Well, isnt this nice to see,
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Kobojunkie: 3:53pm On Apr 21, 2010
If production has increased by about 1600MW, is it possible then that Yar adua's plan to produce 6000MW by Decemeber of last year was able to create this much, only he took ill, and so Jonathan happens to be the one getting the praise for it now?

lagerwhenindoubt:

PHCN has improved since last year (in my area) but i doubt it was as a result of Jonathan (working in the background)

1: We are not illiterates (at least some of us) explain how you will achieve this miracle
2: Have you established what the problems are (distribution, funding, unsuited PHCN aggregators, un-sustained baseload capacity etc)
3: What is the Private sector's role in this Miracle initiative

The common factor with nigerians generally is that we do not ask the right questions, we simply assume that what has been declared is without fault or flaw; with good reason and above all else good intentions.

Let us ask the HOW questions and WHY it should work and not simply hyper-ventilated around a circus hyena (a term meant to say let us not be distracted by activity, let us stay focused on the logic and workability)   grin

Thank you !!!

Goodluck is still putting together his plans to improve electricity supply in the country . . . yet we are already attributing all change, including that which he really did not have his name on, to him?
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Akanbiedu(m): 4:02pm On Apr 21, 2010
Kobojunkie:

If production has increased by about 1600MW, is it possible then that Yar adua's plan to produce 6000MW by Decemeber of last year was able to create this much, only he took ill, and so Jonathan happens to be the one getting the praise for it now?

Thank you !!!

Goodluck is still putting together his plans to improve electricity supply in the country . . . yet we are already attributing all change, including that which he really did not have his name on, to him?

people come to nairaland for different agendas. The only problem is with those who can not see through. As a result, they join the bandwagon.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by gentlegg(m): 4:02pm On Apr 21, 2010
I wonder whether am in the same Nigeria with you guys here. It was just yesterday we saw light for the first time since past full 1 week, and since that yesterday till this evening I've not seen the light up to 8 hours. No molecule of power improvement here.[/size][/size]
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by category(m): 4:15pm On Apr 21, 2010
@ gentlegg,
You can only see light wen u rurally electrified,
ur village wen never get light before how dem wan take get
the light over night?
Come out come see light, lol
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by seyiphoto: 4:25pm On Apr 21, 2010
Gone are the days when NEPA people would have whole streets wring out their very last pennies; then (only in good times), sell them a transformer that their taxes had already paid for; in bad times, they would simply collect the tranformer from the next street. . . The struggle continues Grin.

Jonathan has indeed brought about strongly perceptible changes to power supply. Thats miracle enough for me!

actually in my area there has been a marked improvement in terms of quality and quantity
of the power supply, me thinks with time the man GJ just might deliver the long hoped
miracle lol grin shocked
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by category(m): 4:43pm On Apr 21, 2010
@ Seyiphoto,
me i no knw say light get quantity, lol
e suppos get volume too.
Shey??
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Usip: 5:00pm On Apr 21, 2010
I think i will have to agree with the poster,cos there has been tremendous improvement in my area.Infact with Goodluck,i still have hope for a better Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by kabarka(m): 5:07pm On Apr 21, 2010
Phcn personnel came arround to reconnect our area that has been under black out for a long time,the collected money from tenant only to bring no light for 4month.Right now we have asked them to specially disconnect us.THEY ARE USELESS TO US
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by jokingmary(m): 5:19pm On Apr 21, 2010
up phcn up JONATHAN
at least it is better now
it keeps on snaping us grin
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by oge4real(f): 5:45pm On Apr 21, 2010
I think the improvement is only in lagos.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Kobojunkie: 5:47pm On Apr 21, 2010
oge4real:

I think the improvement is only in lagos.

Definitely not all parts of Lagos. Like someone said earlier, this is probably just the old rationing system working its "magic".
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by nedusman: 5:58pm On Apr 21, 2010
is still morning for us to start celebrating ok lets wait till nite and see wat happen ok
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by morpheus24: 6:01pm On Apr 21, 2010
Light dey for Wuse II

I just buy recharge and light nyafu nyafu!!!!

I just came back from Yola not too long ago and light nyafu for there too.

Lagos no be Nigeria
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Ad4(m): 6:09pm On Apr 21, 2010
Every thing will come when due. All areas can not experience constant electricity at the same time but I believe the Mr Goodluck is working on it.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Ultrame(m): 6:10pm On Apr 21, 2010
What is this? a joke? Electricity was at least a little bit decent (8 hrs a day, give or take) before this 'Jonathan Syndome'! Now we're lucky we if we have power for 4 hours total in a day, and i live in Jabi, FCT.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by truly: 6:13pm On Apr 21, 2010
Akanbi_edu:

people come to nairaland for different agendas. The only problem is with those who can not see through. As a result, they join the bandwagon.

People have different deities that they worship

Some worship Obj
Some worship Fashola (I voted for him and will again after the probe)
Some people who never noticed Johnathan are now worshipping him

However, I would have expected that most people will tell the truth

Now 2 facts

(1) Shortly after Obj assumed office in 1999, the power situation improved dramatically
Bola Ige was power Minister then
I remember the then MD of First Bank thanking Bola Ige for the improvement in power supply
Obj hilself was congratulated on it by a caller on one of his TV session - "The President explains"
Als, it was a short lived euphoria
The rains were heavy that year and it even caused fooding at Kanji
By January 2000, we knew the truth

(2) Yaradua constituted a committee to spearhead achievement of 6,000MW by Dec 2009
The chairman of the committee was then VP - Good luck Johnathan
So if his committee could not deliver it by Dec 2009
and we are seeing the effects of some actions taken then
why should we call him a miracle man

Let us not be deceived
When Johnathan came into office as Acting President, he knew enough about the power sector
to start implementing those recommendations (if any) that his committee made to Yaradua and which (if that is the case) Yaradua did not accept

However, no matter the recommendations or actions, since taken
to tell me that in April, we have the type of constant power supply mentioned by the original poster is a disservice to ourselves
I live in Lagos, there is no day that people don't prove that "I better pass my neigbour"
Go to filling stations and check if people do not continue to buy fuel into Jerry cans
Just ask any welder that you know, how the power situation is
and the most ubiquitous - visit a barbing saloon

My point is that what work did Johnathan's committe do?
I cannot say, but I have not seen any miracle
afterall, we have seen this type of miracle before

If this country is to move forward, we need to be more circumspect about the things

And we should remember: Deziani wept; Deziani did not perform
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by truly: 6:19pm On Apr 21, 2010
Ad+:

Every thing will come when due. All areas can not experience constant electricity at the same time but I believe the Mr Goodluck is working on it.
Then let us wait for the work to be done before celebrating and apportioning praise and blame
IBB worked on education - he introduced 6-3-3-4
at the time he must have said he was in the typical Nigerian manner, laying a solid foundation
And he has just told us now that maybe our youth do not have good education

On Power
Obj worked on it and was still working on it until they did not allow him to finish before "rushing him out" (after 2 terms)
Yaradua worked on it and was still working on it as at Nov 23 2009
And Johnathan is working on it
Whoever takes over from him (and we are sure that somebody will eventually) will also work on it
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by tessybrown(m): 6:29pm On Apr 21, 2010
NawaOO i jusT catch diz white girl@ http://ladieshood.waphall.com & she iz willin to cum & see me in 9ja, love the blow the girl head,
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Liger: 6:31pm On Apr 21, 2010
Wait till after 2011.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by bobokelly(m): 6:45pm On Apr 21, 2010
In fact, if Jonathan can just improved the power sector only, honestly Nigerians will never forget him, let him put the light in other, i mean that is just enough , if the light stable, all the fallen economy will surely come back to normal, i believe strongly there are some people behind this power sectors, i mean some people feed and fat with the blackout of this country, i can assured u if Jonathan try to put the light back , some people will hide some where to pull down his efforts, but i pray GOD IN HIS MERCY ILL GRANT HIM THE POWER, STRENGTH, GRACE, to over the problems in the power sectors in JESUS name (AMEN)
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Fhemmmy: 7:25pm On Apr 21, 2010
I think this is just another way to campaign for Jonathan.
But if the dude could fix the light wahala, then, he will get votes
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by MUZBO(m): 7:52pm On Apr 21, 2010
Yeah, where's the light?
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by skiido: 10:12pm On Apr 21, 2010
Light has rilli rilli improved in my area. From no light to like 4hrs light a day. We are rilli in paradise. For effects, there was a day nepa gave us light all nite! Was late to work so was everybody in the hood.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Rastamann: 2:07am On Apr 22, 2010
Do we now have 24 hours of electricity in Nigeria?
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by na2day2(m): 4:01am On Apr 22, 2010
Rastamann:

Do we now have 24 hours of electricity in Nigeria?

u like fight ooo! angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Nobody: 4:22am On Apr 22, 2010
MORE MORE IMPROVEMENT,

am in Ibadan currently around University of Ibadan, Light here as been so good for the past month now, i have never used this kind of light in my life in Naija, also my parent in Sango Ota confirm there is improvement too.

The president get good luck Oh.

what many president has been trying to do hahaahahah.

i wan say this

NIGERIA GO WIN THE WORLD CUP, WITH GOOD LUCK grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by NiceHans: 6:27am On Apr 22, 2010
goodluck
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by NiceHans: 6:30am On Apr 22, 2010
NEPA=PHCN why?
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Miketomi: 6:41am On Apr 22, 2010
[b]Power generation output hits 3,667.7mw •As faulty transmission lines negate supply level

| Print | E-mail

Written by Samuel Ibiyemi

Hope of improvement in power supply to consumers in the country  brightened on Wednesday, as the nation’s power generation output increased from 3,381 mega watts (MW) to 3,667.7 MW. The boost in power output was contributed  mainly  by Egbin Power Station(795MW),  AES of Lagos State (207.7MW) and Agip Power Station at Kwale (426MW).

Information gathered by the Nigerian Tribune revealed that the increase in power generation could not improve power supply in the country  in line with the boost in generation capacity due to faulty feeders damaged by rainfall in some parts of the country.

The amount of energy available on the national grid of Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) was also affected by  the breakdown of  Benin-Ajaokuta 330KV line  and Sapele-Aladja 330KV line that was out for rehabilitation at Sapele in Delta State.

Experts said the poor performance in transmission of electricity called for an urgent investment decision, so that the attainment of 6,000 MW by December 2010 will not become another failed project but lead to an improvement in power supply for industrial, commercial and residential consumers in the country.

The analysis of  power stations operating in the country shows that the hydro electric station of Kainji with four out of five turbines generated 187MW; two out of the three units at  Jebba -259MW and Shiroro -275MW. During the period, two units at Jebba were placed on standby for water treatment.

In the case of thermal stations using gas, Delta VII contributed 250MW to the national grid, Saple-95MW, Afam VI- 460MW, Geregu -139MW, Omotosho-95.9MW,Omoku-42MW, Olorunsogo-100.4MW and Ibom-34MW.
[/b]

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/4388-power-generation-output-hits-36677mw-as-faulty-transmission-lines-negate-supply-level
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by otokx(m): 9:05am On Apr 22, 2010
Another media propaganda, there is no electricity in ALUU the ancestral and permanent home of renowned writer "Elechi Amadi". This community is host to one of shell's flow station yet the road that passes from the east west road even past the flow station is in extremely bad shape with deep gullies which have been filled with water. Mgbuoba area of Port Harcourt also has not seen any electricity, Choba the home of the University of Port Harcourt also has no electricity so please when talking of improved power specify the locality of the town you reside.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fire Outbreak At INEC Office In Imo (Photo) / Bailout Not Enough To Clear Debts –Ajimobi / Military Kills 11 Cattle Rustlers In Katsina, Arrest 39

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.