Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,932 members, 7,814,164 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man (16047 Views)

Jonathan Goodluck's REPORT Card - Your Assessment / Musiwa is the Candidate that will Beat Goodluck,the north cant / Is Goodluck The Best We Can Do? (no Insults Or Ethnic/religious Arguments Pls) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by na2day2(m): 7:19pm On Apr 20, 2010
oyb:

what i have is worse than light

the voltage fluctuates WILDLY.

i don't bother using that nepa power, before it scatters my appliances

at least u have live disco at ur house, what are u complaining of? some ppl only see that once in a week at the club grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Ibime(m): 11:29pm On Apr 20, 2010
This is good news if true. . . . if Jonathan can deliver power, who knows, he may even set himself up nicely for 2011. . . . at least some progress is being made. . .
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by jamace(m): 2:59am On Apr 21, 2010
Yea. There is improvement in power supply in my area. Even fuel is available in almost all the filling stations too. I see hope.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Nobody: 3:06am On Apr 21, 2010
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by IyaBasira: 3:07am On Apr 21, 2010
oyb:

what i have is worse than light

the voltage  fluctuates WILDLY.

i don't bother using that nepa power, before it scatters my appliances

This is extremely hilarious and also quite sad . . .  grin grin sad .
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by moonraker(m): 3:18am On Apr 21, 2010
I am not too sure, but when i came to nigeria some some weeks ago, we had light

for 4days running, non stop. after that, kaboom. we were working on gen for one week

striaght, improvement no matter how little is still improvement,

Nigeria is still relying on Hydro electric power which is seriously not done, why cant we move to nuclear or

solar??
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Tolujoseph(m): 4:12am On Apr 21, 2010
Thank God
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by sulad82i(m): 4:24am On Apr 21, 2010
How many people have seen light for their place for a long time? I think that will be the prove that light is constant.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by supereagle(m): 4:26am On Apr 21, 2010
Thanks GJ, I enjoy light regularly now. I can wake up in the night pick my lappy and browse without fear of PHCN striking.Like I am doing now.
Though not everywhere is enjoying light like me, with time things will get better. IBB was there for 8yrs, he never bother to repair our thermal stations , he want to come back again. He thinks we fools.
[size=20pt]"Say No To IBB Agenda."[/size]
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Nobody: 5:22am On Apr 21, 2010
A big fat lie.
What kind of nonsense propaganda is that?The original poster must be a boot-licker of the highest order.
At my area,NEPA is still back-up to my poor generator that runs through the night.Sometimes we don't see light for DAYS,stretching into a week.
I still spend lots of money fueling it and my generator guy has made quite some money off me changing this or that on it.
What kind of improvement is that?
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by whatalife: 6:28am On Apr 21, 2010
The poster may be right after all.I live in the north central part of Nigeria where we have 12 to 16 hours of light everyday in the last 5 years. We generally dont have light only if there is no power generation in Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Dede1(m): 6:56am On Apr 21, 2010
This thread reminds me of the advertisements that grace front pages of Nigerian dailies following the overthrow of the government. The successful coup plotters were perceived as messiahs. A friend that recently came back from Owerri via Port Harcourt informed that generator plant for electricity is must buy in Nigeria. He reiterated that the generators and their polluting effect are not vulnerable to the so-called Goodluck Jonathan’s miracle.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Poundstan: 7:20am On Apr 21, 2010
Which kind improvement are you talking abt, my area has been on perpetual darkness for four weeks now, and whenever PHCN deemed it to give light they give candle light current that has been damaging our electronic gadgets. It is not yet time to start singing hurray 4 the actin presidoo.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by mjay(m): 7:35am On Apr 21, 2010
in truth there is improvement, other factors may be at play but generally there is improvement.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by k10: 7:36am On Apr 21, 2010
Its a big fat lie!!! PHCN is just trying to please jonathan by taking electricity from places that used to have and giving it to those who will shout Jonathan's praise to high heaveans.
We used to have good 15 to 18 hours of electricity in my area before jonathan came around, as soon as electricity started improving in other areas we are lucky to get 5 to 6 hours everyday!!!
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by lwise(m): 7:49am On Apr 21, 2010
to be frank and sincere,electricity supply has been steady in my area 4 d past two months.Everyone in my area has switch to electric cooker, interesting
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by AroOkigbo(m): 7:49am On Apr 21, 2010
I also see improved power supply at Ifako-Gbagada and Olodi Apapa areas within the past one month.

k10:

We used to have good 15 to 18 hours of electricity in my area before jonathan came around, as soon as electricity started improving in other areas we are lucky to get 5 to 6 hours everyday!!!

payback time!!!
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 7:57am On Apr 21, 2010
if you are yet to notice any changes.please visit the local power holding company in your area.some of you complain of no light at all.that have to do with the transformer in your area
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by sunboy(m): 8:06am On Apr 21, 2010
For my own area, MUSHIN-LAGOS , light stable die, in every 5 days they off it on the 5th day around 6am and ON it around 6pm in the evening and wont be blink again until the next 4 days again. All my gadget are well used over 2 months now. FYI, they are bring new transformers for 2-3 streets now, its happening in my area, 2-3 streets have their, our has been installed but havent been powered yet, tell me whats gonna happen when its powered grin

KUDOS TO GOODLUCK, KUDOS TO FASHOLA!!!
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by teeluv(m): 8:21am On Apr 21, 2010
if from 1 hour with light to 1 1/2 hours of light is an improvement then they shuldnt gv us lite at all,
stable koh stable ni. but e dey try sha i hear say some area dey get lite wella,
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by pannyman(m): 8:26am On Apr 21, 2010
Why are Nigerians so gullible?
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by alexleo(m): 8:33am On Apr 21, 2010
In all honesty there is a big improvement in electricity supply. I can say that these days my generator has been witnessing more rest than stress. The amount i spend in buying fuel for my generator has reduced so drastically that sometimes i begin to wonder whats going on. For those who are complaining of no electricity in there area, they should bear  in mind that most of our transformers are so dilapidated that even when there is light in the transformer it wont be able to transmit to peoples houses. What we should call on government is to change old transformers that are not working so that those people will begin to enjoy the light. In summary, there is a significant improvement in electricity. In those ugly days, the issue was more of no power to generate and transmit to people but today the case may be that of, there is power already in the transformers but the transformers are bad to transmit the light to peoples homes. Even when phcn fixes it, when the load becomes much again it will trip off.  Again do these people know that when there lights trips off they should report to phcn office in their area? If you dont report, it make take days before they will find out. In my area if there is a trip off, we call Phcn and whenever we call them even on phone they respond quickly so lets get this things right. Lets keep praying, God will save Nigeria. It is well.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Fhiminana: 8:38am On Apr 21, 2010
If I have the opportunity to advise Mr. Acting President I would suggest that all generators in the presidency, Government offices, Houses of Ministers, 3 arm Zone be removed, this will show Nigerians that he is identifying with what they go through and is ready to permanently terminate the perenial problems posed by this the power situation. I also dare to say that if he makes that possible, he would have won the heart of the masses and will be remembered forever in the history of this Nation.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by UnderGKing: 8:39am On Apr 21, 2010
Truth is i was actually thinking of putting this up but i guess someone beat me to it. I reside in Lagos and frequent Benin-City and i know for a fact that light hs improved. I'm buying less fuel for my Generator as proof. Obviously Nigeria is a big nation so it might take awhile for the whole country to feel the effect but the mere fact that this thread exists is proof that there is an improvement in the power sector, with a little bit of patience and good luck (No pun intended) we shall all experience 'Light Up Nigeria' come to fulfillment in our lifetime. Long Live The Federal Republic Of Nigeria,
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by xttobliss: 8:40am On Apr 21, 2010
I moved in to Lagos about 4-5 months ago, I was lodged in a hotel, I had to stay above the stipulated time that was officially given to me because I was afraid of heat.
I Ordered my pple to send my gen down from Enugu immediately I arrived Lagos.
I moved out of the Hotel about a week ago, to my greatest surprise I enjoy light 5-6 hrs (8pm-2am @least) @nite
There is an improvement compare to my last yr visit, I spent 2wks in the same house without constant light.
If I should calculate the hrs of the light on that 2wks I dnt think it's up to 4hrs and the voltage wasn't up to 220v.
on sunday I was not @home altru.

When I asked the neighbors the cause of the improvement on light  they said ever since the news of acid rain, PHCN stepped up.
I was wondering what acid rain got to do with power/energy.

They were surprised too.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by azundu1(m): 8:41am On Apr 21, 2010
, so I heard that light has improoved in some areas, but my creek, we neva see light since last week, 've been running on gen since.

I claim this light improvement in my area, AMEN
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by homegirl1: 8:47am On Apr 21, 2010
@ poster, pls who are working for? because the last time i checked the supply of power is worst now than before. i wonder why Mr. Jonathan will decide to head the power ministry when he knows very well that he can't take charge. power supply is now worst than before. grin grin grin cry cry cry cry
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by milkan05(m): 8:51am On Apr 21, 2010
pannyman:

Why are Nigerians so gullible?

your point exactly would be?
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Nobody: 8:57am On Apr 21, 2010
alexleo:

In all honesty there is a big improvement in electricity supply. I can say that these days my generator has been witnessing more rest than stress. The amount i spend in buying fuel for my generator has reduced so drastically that sometimes i begin to wonder whats going on. For those who are complaining of no electricity in there area, they should bear  in mind that most of our transformers are so dilapidated that even when there is light in the transformer it wont be able to transmit to peoples houses. What we should call on government is to change old transformers that are not working so that those people will begin to enjoy the light. In summary, there is a significant improvement in electricity. In those ugly days, the issue was more of no power to generate and transmit to people but today the case may be that of, there is power already in the transformers but the transformers are bad to transmit the light to peoples homes. Even when phcn fixes it, when the load becomes much again it will trip off.  Again do these people know that when there lights trips off they should report to phcn office in their area? If you dont report, it make take days before they will find out. In my area if there is a trip off, we call Phcn and whenever we call them even on phone they respond quickly so lets get this things right. Lets keep praying, God will save Nigeria. It is well.
What is improved supply with faulty transformers?Isn't that a waste of electricity?
You want to tell me that corrupt NEPA/PHCN officials don't know about these transformers?They want to be setled to do their job.Which is why the power improvement (what ever that is) will never work as long as there are corrupt NEPA/PHCN folks.
Abeg,lif matter.I don't see any improvement.In fact it's gotten worse.I spend more to fue and service my generator.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by x2lambo(m): 9:12am On Apr 21, 2010
there is no changes in the power sector Nigeria is still in the same shape NO LIGHT NO WATER NO ROADS
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by safeact(m): 9:17am On Apr 21, 2010
I wonder how u guys expect a problem that has been 4 centuries which has eaten deep into d fabrics of our economy., to just be solved in a day. U must b kidding. Even jesus did not really meant it when he said 'destroy dis temple and i will rebuild it in 3days!'
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by dustydee: 9:27am On Apr 21, 2010
i must be living outside nigeria,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won / Akwa Ibom State Gets New Deputy Governor / Osinbajo To Lead FG Fact-finding Team To Tompolo’s Home Base, Other N’delta Area

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.