Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,969 members, 7,814,275 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man (16048 Views)

Jonathan Goodluck's REPORT Card - Your Assessment / Musiwa is the Candidate that will Beat Goodluck,the north cant / Is Goodluck The Best We Can Do? (no Insults Or Ethnic/religious Arguments Pls) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Dede1(m): 9:31am On Apr 21, 2010
Fhimi-nana:

If I have the opportunity to advise Mr. Acting President I would suggest that all generators in the presidency, Government offices, Houses of Ministers, 3 arm Zone be removed, this will show Nigerians that he is identifying with what they go through and is ready to permanently terminate the perenial problems posed by this the power situation. I also dare to say that if he makes that possible, he would have won the heart of the masses and will be remembered forever in the history of this Nation.

You could not be more correct than this post.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by VALIDATOR: 9:36am On Apr 21, 2010
It is quite obvious that we can not know the true state of electrical power supply in naija by  just listening to what individuals post on this forum. Some claim its better while some say there has been no significant improvement. We should be more interested in the average electricity supplied per person (that is the global standard of measuring it). It is hi time we looked at things quantitatively. Let us do some math.

Electricity Supply Per Capita= Total Electricity Produced in one year/ Population of Nigeria for that year.

There are various deductions that we can make if we apply the above formula. Is any nairalander interested in going quantitative with me?
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by honeric01(m): 9:39am On Apr 21, 2010
It has improved, but not the transformers, they are all getting blown up by the constant power from the grid
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by pannyman(m): 9:42am On Apr 21, 2010
@milkan05, my point is that people should not expect permanent change to take place overnight, especially when we are talking about a problem that has lingered for many years.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Bukittes(f): 9:44am On Apr 21, 2010
Truth be told, light has improved albeit little but there is a change in supply. Jon is not a miracle worker but so far so good. keep up the work bruv!
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Abuse: 9:50am On Apr 21, 2010
Goodluck has not done jack in terms of power generation.The fact is that when there was excessive heat the water level in Kainji dam would be low and power supply will be very low, now that the rains have come the water level is high that is why we now have little or no light.Guys you better don't be happy yet.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by beeke(m): 9:51am On Apr 21, 2010
safeact:

I wonder how u guys expect a problem that has been 4 centuries which has eaten deep into d fabrics of our economy., to just be solved in a day. U must b kidding. Even jesus did not really meant it when he said 'destroy dis temple and i will rebuild it in 3days!'

wetin dey worry u Jesus mean am die, if him FATHER fit creat the whole universe with only mouth talk wetin come be temple building 3days self na benefit of doubt wey Jesus giv them  grin grin grin grin grin grin

Seriously speakig you are rite about the formal highligted this is a problem of centuries ago even OBJ @ one point in time gave us a deadline wen light will be stable but later backout with some childdish excuse, so i can understand why some guyz are bin skeptic about it but my take on these is that we should @least give GJ some 3months from now to see how he can go with this monster called blackout in NEPA PHCN
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Elgaxton(m): 9:52am On Apr 21, 2010
heheheh.

Dem take light like 15 times through out last nite o, I believe he has plans for power in Nigeria sha,

at least he is focusing on one thing unlike 7 point agenda
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by milkan05(m): 9:56am On Apr 21, 2010
pannyman:

@milkan05, my point is that people should not expect permanent change to take place overnight, especially when we are talking about a problem that has lingered for many years.

Definitely not. But truth be told, power has improved in my area compared to last year. This doesn't mean that itz the same nationwide but at least for where i stay i know it has improved. My fridge works so well now that the water i keep in the refrigerator compartment of the Fridge near freezing point and has lil specks of ice in it. Compare that to last year when my fridge was always open so that it does not smell since my 'i better pass my neighbour' no gree carry the fridge and I don't have fuel to burn on the big gen on everyday basis.

I will not go on to hail the man Goodluck as a miracle worker but if there is little improvement in my own little space, someone somewhere is working and I guess he does deserve some praise.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by rickie4us(m): 9:59am On Apr 21, 2010
what's all this fuss about improvement in Power (Electricity)? for those who are experiencing a dramatical improvement, where do you stay?
until the light stays for a week without blinking, and until it does not go out when it rains, it will be a good sign of improvement
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by mrkoma2012: 10:04am On Apr 21, 2010
Is this guy living in the same nigeria with us.Because the situation is still exactly the same
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by MaxLeo: 10:13am On Apr 21, 2010
There is tremendous improvement in power sector
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by snokky(m): 10:14am On Apr 21, 2010
@ All,

Greetings folks. This is a nice thread and I have a suggestion.

If you live in Nigeria, tell us your city and area and then comment if the light is better or not. Do this before you add your comment plz.

This way, we can actually get a feel of how the light is in the whole country.

Here is Example:

I stay in Lekki Phase 1, Lagos and the light is better now. Though it was bad on Monday evening, that my small fan got bad cos of the fluctuation.

One day, Nigeria will overcome all her problems as the Lord lives.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by deeplo(m): 10:24am On Apr 21, 2010
truth be told,  in my area,  PHCN has improved. few months ago i run my biz on diesel and that eat alot from my pocket, but currently i only buy 25litres of diesel once per week and in most case i will not exhust the fuel i bought which will take me to another week. also in my house i now enjoy cold drinks and my wife never complain about not getting ice block to drink her garri which she loves very much grin.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by ymozay: 10:32am On Apr 21, 2010
I live in Abuja but for the past one month now we only get light an average of one hour in 24hours ,i don't know what parameter this guys are using to pass these judgement,this guys are looking at things with tinted glasses on.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by ndigbo: 10:34am On Apr 21, 2010
I was the caption on the front page, I had to read through to acertain if i'm not dreaming, for a week i leave for the office in the morning without electricity and comeback in the evening without electricity. I began to wonder where the poster stays in the Nigeria?
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Ben13: 10:36am On Apr 21, 2010
LOL. . . please, make I hear word~
We still dey use Generator here. Until I see a complete 24_7 electricity power supply, I give no claps.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by vicade(m): 10:37am On Apr 21, 2010
I stay in Ikorodu,Lagos. NEPA have taken light just three times since sunday morning and these three times combined been  up to two hours and are during the day. That is the fact. Whether it is a coincidence or a mark of improvement, time will tell
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Pain(m): 10:46am On Apr 21, 2010
Is this a precognitive report?

Which year are you calling out from? 2066?

How's my Grand Son Faring? My regards to him.  embarassed
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by suxes2005(m): 10:53am On Apr 21, 2010
I cant say about other areas but as for me,
we do experience epileptic power supply but
it is becoming stable now.

Always on in the morning unlike b4 when we live
a week without light!

Gudluck, continue d gud job!

SHALOM
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Reptyle(m): 10:57am On Apr 21, 2010
Me I don't know what part of the nation the OP resides in. But in Satellite Town, Lagos, the light situation is still as horrible as it used to be, if not worse. In my area for instance, there has been no power for about 2 days now. When they bring it, it probably wont last more than 20 minutes. Like Femi Kuti said, "Na so so tok tok! But no action!!!"

God help this country.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Akanbiedu(m): 10:58am On Apr 21, 2010
pannyman:

Why are Nigerians so gullible?

I don't think its a Nigerian thing. It's the masses' thing. Easily manipulated.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by mafolayomi(f): 10:58am On Apr 21, 2010
Mine is Gbagada, since last week, there has not bin light atall, and nobody is even saying anything to it, because dey all have dere Generator, but for somebody like me that does not like d stress that coms with use of generator, for how long ami going to wait for Nepa? Thank Goodness i dont stay in dat house that much
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Akanbiedu(m): 11:01am On Apr 21, 2010
This thread reminds me of the advertisements that grace front pages of Nigerian dailies following the overthrow of the government. The successful coup plotters were perceived as messiahs. A friend that recently came back from Owerri via Port Harcourt informed that generator plant for electricity is must buy in Nigeria. He reiterated that the generators and their polluting effect are not vulnerable to the so-called Goodluck Jonathan’s miracle.

Some people on this forum are definitely experienced!Some things never change.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by gbolo2001: 11:04am On Apr 21, 2010
which kind rubbish poster be dis, u dey craze, which light dey better know wetin u dey talk b4 u kna post for hear !diot.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by diehard1: 11:08am On Apr 21, 2010
power supply has improved a whole lot. My generators have applied for retirement grin Some areas may still be having issues. We should not expect miracles overnight angry Power generation is one thing while transmission is another
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by VALIDATOR: 11:18am On Apr 21, 2010
VALIDATOR:

It is quite obvious that we can not know the true state of electrical power supply in naija by  just listening to what individuals post on this forum. Some claim its better while some say there has been no significant improvement. We should be more interested in the average electricity supplied per person (that is the global standard of measuring it). It is hi time we looked at things quantitatively. Let us do some math.

Electricity Supply Per Capita= Total Electricity Produced in one year/ Population of Nigeria for that year.

There are various deductions that we can make if we apply the above formula. Is any nairalander interested in going quantitative with me?

Nigerians, the country will never improve in terms of infrastructure until we learn to report developments analytically.
Saying things like "it has improved" or "it's worse now" is complete BS in this 21st century.
If something has improved,by how much (facts and figures please). Once again I call on you all to let us analyze things
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by sley4life(m): 11:26am On Apr 21, 2010
I agree. GJ is doing his best to improve power
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by deor03(m): 11:32am On Apr 21, 2010
mafolayomi:

Mine is Gbagada, since last week, there has not bin light atall, and nobody is even saying anything to it, because dey all have dere Generator, but for somebody like me that does not like d stress that coms with use of generator, for how long ami going to wait for Nepa? Thank Goodness i dont stay in dat house that much

Are you sure? Cos I live there too and have very constant power supply
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by clown: 11:39am On Apr 21, 2010
Bla bla bla. I've heard it all before. Whether you are experiencing an improvement in power supply or not, it is a MIRACLE. At least you are experiencing SOMETHING. A bow-legged man that went for a miracle cure and came out with a k-leg has experienced his own miracle. If you don't like my contribution you are free to shoot me 'cos that's what I'll definetly do if I don't like yours. Thank you.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by AzukaO(m): 11:40am On Apr 21, 2010
Yes in my area in Lagos, electricity supply has improved seriously- we get between 18-20 hours per day. But something worries me: shortly after Yar'Adua took over in May 2007, the supply of electricity went up so high as from June that we called Yar'Adua a miracle worker. Some said it was the water level that went up during the rainy season.

So I am sceptical about this improvement except that it started in March which is not the beginning of the rainy season.

Will it last for long? I pray so-ooooooooooooooooo! And let it gradually get to all parts of Nigeria. I wish Bros Gee Jay the best!
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by masido(f): 11:54am On Apr 21, 2010
Well in my area( Ikeja) there's improvement. We've been sleeping with light(throughout the night o) since last year.
And we also have light during the day, these days.
So, i can say that there is improvement in my area.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

UNICAL Sex Scandal: Minister Kennedy Fumes, Vows To Prosecute, Jail Anyone Lying / Buhari's Daughter Allegedly Orders Buyers Out Of Boutique In Abuja (Tweets) / Photos From The "Peaceful" Akwa Ibom Rerun Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.