Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,620 members, 7,816,557 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? (55918 Views)

JAPA: Marry Your Man Before Coming To The UK - Nigerian Lady Advises / If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? / If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by ameri9ja: 1:49am On Mar 15, 2018
kushme:
[/quote]

MARRIAGE IS ABOUT THE CHILDREN!!

This comment is that of a female with the baby rabies mentality.  you see the man as a sperm donor. And just a partner to help you raise the kids(correctly).. Or are you going to tell me that older people in love remarry for the sake of having kids again? 

Must there be a marriage before kids can be raised correctly? Tell this to all the baby mamas out there.. 

Most of the time, things women do and say are for their benefits. They don't care about the man.

Just reason the bolded carefully !
Children are ideally raised by two committed parents. Without this need - if there were no children, believe me, 99% of marriages would disappear.
Of course there are exceptions, hence 99% not 100%.
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by blackbeau1(f): 1:54am On Mar 15, 2018
I just pray I meet and marry the right person for me. That's all
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by bayocanny: 2:18am On Mar 15, 2018
Tinamoore:

On the contrary, knew him way back in the university. Married him when he had no money.Sacrificed my chance to travel abroad to him.but when he started making money, he changed completely.have now abandoned me and the kids probably for his white girlfriend

So no, mine was not about two months dating.it's about a man who acted like he loved me cos he was poor.but showed his true colour when he started making money.
Too bad I really feel your pains...it heartbroken, I would advised you focus on your kids, it really tough being a single parent but with God by your side good things will come your way and you will never have reason to cry again, may God bless you and your kids ma

2 Likes

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Dalby(m): 2:22am On Mar 15, 2018
Amazing responses, but frankly NO.

1 Like

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Lizbeth7(f): 2:24am On Mar 15, 2018
Lol. Not married and not searching.

Please, how can I also open a thread?
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Dalby(m): 2:30am On Mar 15, 2018
234GT:
Married people should stop making the thing look like rocket science. Marriage requires only the commitment and determination of the 2 individuals involved to work.
A woman committed to the success of her marriage won't pick up FOOLISH quarrels with her husband, and a committed man won't start sleeping around.
It's simple.
Correct but not as simple as that. After the wedding that start off line, one party begins to notice he or she is putting 70/30% percent then the crack begins. If not noticed and addressed properly it further degenerates. One party begins to nag, it irritates the other party or comes across as nagging too much bla bla bla, 8 to 10 year down the road and wonder r....

2 Likes

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Nobody: 3:34am On Mar 15, 2018
kushme:

grin true talk.. Miserable people trying to bring you into their miserable marriage league.. They hate single happy people, they envy your freedom... cheesy
I weak my person... Nigerians can advise u constantly to do wetin no get gain but wen e reach beta tin, ur nos no dey go for dis fone...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by tealaw(m): 3:38am On Mar 15, 2018
Lizbeth7:
Lol. Not married and not searching.

Please, how can I also open a thread?

I was almost proposing to u, but noticed u not smart.
Dnt knw hw to open a thread.

1 Like

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by ajl: 3:42am On Mar 15, 2018
terrezo2002:
What do you expect when you marry for the wrong reasons. Marriage is sacrifice. You love even if your partner doesn't deserve it.

What if your partner wouldn't stop messing up.
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Okeikpu(m): 3:52am On Mar 15, 2018
I dey craze

1 Like

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by ameri9ja: 4:27am On Mar 15, 2018
blackbeau1:
I just pray I meet and marry the right person for me. That's all

Hate to break it to ya - you'd marry the wrong person. Guaranteed. That's just how it's set up.

May 28, 2016

IT’S one of the things we are most afraid might happen to us. We go to great lengths to avoid it. And yet we do it all the same: We marry the wrong person.

Partly, it’s because we have a bewildering array of problems that emerge when we try to get close to others. We seem normal only to those who don’t know us very well. In a wiser, more self-aware society than our own, a standard question on any early dinner date would be: “And how are you crazy?”

Show Full Article
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by sonofoluku: 4:57am On Mar 15, 2018
234GT:
Married people should stop making the thing look like rocket science. Marriage requires only the commitment and determination of the 2 individuals involved to work.
A woman committed to the success of her marriage won't pick up FOOLISH quarrels with her husband, and a committed man won't start sleeping around.
It's simple.

You get sense abeg..
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Bjgirl1: 5:02am On Mar 15, 2018
Yes,I will.Though he wasn't romantic but he tolerated me, he never bothered me but I lost him in September, Dear hubby, you're greatly missed.

2 Likes

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by peacettw: 5:11am On Mar 15, 2018
Yes...
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by livinbygrace: 5:20am On Mar 15, 2018
Aremolekunowo:
No because she lied about her genotype AS

Sorry about that,but dont you go for medical test before your wedding day?
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by ochiosa(m): 5:32am On Mar 15, 2018
I will marry my wife over and over again, a special breed a wife, mother and a home builder. I CELEBRATE U 16YRS+ and there has never been one I mean one I nor gree.

8 Likes

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Nobody: 5:37am On Mar 15, 2018
Kingzy4pep:
Seems I'm the one gonna marry you..
This one that many guys are sending me PMS, biko nu, no be advertisement, I just talk wetin dey my mind.
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by vicben27(m): 5:46am On Mar 15, 2018
Liliyann:
All this married people just keep on scaring the single ones
Truth is nobody forced them to get married,that your marriage isn't a bed of roses or what you envisioned for shouldn't make you discourage others!!

As for me,the only thing that can make me have a second thought about my husband that is if I eventually decide to marry is poverty,nothing turns me off more than a broke and lazy guy.
what are you bringing to the table?

1 Like

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Waffarianman(m): 5:53am On Mar 15, 2018
Donald3d:
And una talk say make I no fear marriage , all these No I am seeing . grin grin embarassed embarassed
God abeg give your pikin beta wife !

Guy marriage no b ahm pray you don't fall on the wrong wife. From delta got married to Igbo woman, bro d battle no b here they trying taking my kids away from me. Shapaly I remove my 2kids remaining our new born son... She decided to stay in her father's house but the battle continue.... Guys that never gotten married be praying oo women are wicked, D's 1 I jamm na Jezebel. Still know Oghene(God) pass dem

7 Likes

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by vicben27(m): 5:55am On Mar 15, 2018
sekundosekundo:
We have a lot of married spoon fed children claiming to be adult. So many of them don't even know that there's no perfect human let alone marriage. Even Adam and Eve joined together by God Himself messed up. There's no marriage without problems and chalanges. I have nothing to regret about my wife, together we're winners.
well said! marriage should all about team work! no one 100% perfect
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Nobody: 5:59am On Mar 15, 2018
NothingDoMe:
This is why I'm against 2 months dating

Cc NwanyiAwkaetiti
My dear her story ain't about short term dating. I'm sure most of our grandparents of those days never dated long but they stuck with themselves until death.
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Olumyyde(m): 6:02am On Mar 15, 2018
Billyonaire:
Sure, it will break many, cos some partners will see each other's responses and start making important decisions. Marriage a very big wahala. I do not think it is natural. It is just for social control and energy transaction for the matrix. But at least one has a personalized sex organ to generate orgasm almost always, when needed.
I totally disagree with your standpoint sir.
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Nobody: 6:03am On Mar 15, 2018
janey1984:
Please who is this nwanyi Awka-Etiti on naira land
Just a simple nairalander dear. smiley
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Nobody: 6:05am On Mar 15, 2018
Chikita66:
This one that many guys are sending me PMS, biko nu, no be advertisement, I just talk wetin dey my mind.

Mtcheeeeew cheap attention seeeker

5 Likes

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by revolt(m): 6:19am On Mar 15, 2018
Tinamoore:

On the contrary, knew him way back in the university. Married him when he had no money.Sacrificed my chance to travel abroad to him.but when he started making money, he changed completely.have now abandoned me and the kids probably for his white girlfriend

So no, mine was not about two months dating.it's about a man who acted like he loved me cos he was poor.but showed his true colour when he started making money.
if we dlg deep we may find out ure a very quarrelsome person or ure mkn his life a living hell. A lot of women try to control their husband's and when it doesn't work, they nag him to death. You didn't talk bout the sacrifices he probably made for you too. If we aSK oga now, a lot of details you hid will pop up. Takes two to wreck a marriage. The cause n effect. Its either this or oga is mental.. Cos nobody sees a woman he loved thts gvn him kids, peace n goes out.

6 Likes

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by revolt(m): 6:21am On Mar 15, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
My dear her story ain't about short term dating. I'm sure most of our grandparents of those days never dated long but they stuck with themselves until death.
cos everybody knew their place. Their responsibility etc
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by justmenoni: 6:22am On Mar 15, 2018
Been married is different from been in a relationship.... All those No no no might just be sidechickz
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by ASval: 6:23am On Mar 15, 2018
will marry her over n over again. infact, would have married her when we were kids. she is a superwoman!
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Silvano34: 6:30am On Mar 15, 2018
Tinamoore:

Sorry to hear dear. The hearts of some human beings are wicked.

There are some things we can do with impunity, but simply because of the consequences it culminate in for the person at the receiving end, a reasonable man would not take such decision.

We know that after a couple has lived together for few years after the marriage ceremony, the tendency that the affinity between them would drop by almost 70% is certain, but this shouldn't serve as an excuse to start acting inconsistently all the time.

And that's why we really need to be sure about the maturity level of whoever we intend dating. Don't allow love to blindfold logical reasoning and judgements.

Marriage to me, is not a rocket science; it appears to me to be the easiest thing to deal with once you both are matured.

Cheating can be done by any of the parties, but never should it be done with impunity.

That impunity is what usually leads to issues. Many African men are found of thinking they can do whatever and act any how they like, as they have been made to feel this way by the society by the popular principle of they being the head of the family.

Also, many married wives have unconsciously made their family a theater of violence. They are never going to be calm for one second before throwing caution to the wind at a spark of any little suspicion they observe about their husband.

Your husband will have female friends, and that doesn't mean he's having extra marital affairs with them. You just have to learn more about him. And this goes with the wives too. Once you understand each other, no need of stealth monitoring.

Be your self. Even if he's acting in a strange way, pretend you don't see it. And try to figure out why the new behavior is coming up at that period. Same applies to the man too.

That's my little contribution to all prospective couples.

2 Likes

Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by OwoLee(m): 6:31am On Mar 15, 2018
all I know is , our Igbo girls tend to be more loyal and value marriages more...
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by Evince(m): 6:31am On Mar 15, 2018
ameri9ja:

Gullibility spotted. Love ko, Lovett ni.

U think am gullible? Oya define gullible first then we talk
Re: If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? by streamsofjoy(f): 6:32am On Mar 15, 2018
Tinamoore:

Yes, from my own experience, love is pain.wouldn't have married him if I knew what I know now.

Maybe u rushed in soooo early not understanding what were getting into.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

My Sister In-law Tried To Scam Me. / Does This Kind Of Love Still Exists? / Chinese Woman Finds Out On Son's Wedding Day That Bride Is Actually Her Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.