Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,750 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

My Prayer For Trinitarians - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Prayer For Trinitarians (12988 Views)

How many Jehovah's/Yahwe exist (Jews, Trinitarians, Jehovah witness) / For Trinitarians: Who Spoke From Heaven When Jesus Was Baptized? / Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by descartes400: 5:27pm On Apr 23, 2018
Christianity as practiced these days has elevated the son(Jesus Christ) above the Father (God)

1 Like

Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by Peacefullove: 5:27pm On Apr 23, 2018
solite3:
does it mean Paul gave birth to or created onesimus?

Paul did give birth to onesmus cos according to the chapter a new Christian is born . That term was used because he is Older than Onesmus in Christian faith to call him a son.

But when Isaac was begotten by Abraham it was because he gave birth to him . again the term signifies he is older than Isaac and exist first before him.

In case of Jesus, angels and Adam .. It was as true in all the aforementioned cases, Father exist before them all making then Sons.

The word never lost it's meaning in all this instances

Define Son of God ?
Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by Peacefullove: 5:29pm On Apr 23, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Jacob, David, Ephraim were all called firstborn too. They weren't the first children to be born. Duuhhh
Jesus is before all things.

Firstborn OF ?
Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by Peacefullove: 5:32pm On Apr 23, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

God did not call the angels his only begotten or one and only son.

Same way Isaac was called Only begotten despite Abraham having other sons grin grin

But all were sons of Abraham for He is their Father who gave birth or produce them all

How was Jesus begotten?

But he called angels son of God, together with Jesus right ?

Wat does that mean.?,
Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by Peacefullove: 5:35pm On Apr 23, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

First show me where they said the son of God was a created being. No verse still? We ain't arguing about mountain we are arguing about Jesus or is Jesus a mountain?
Jesus created all things and He is before all things na Bible talk am.
Show me where they said Jesus was a created being.

Does what Jesus create according to you include mountains ?

Until you are able to show were mountains were crated / grin grin so Mountains were not created , it's all speculation.

1 Like

Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by Nobody: 6:16pm On Apr 23, 2018
they are seriously fighting hard to defend what their leaders call a mystery.
Peacefullove:

@ removetheturban , shey you see your friends ? grin grin

I can't just stop laughing

Oga, who are those called Sons of God who came to earth to marry wives in the Bible ? Let me ask that first
Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by Nobody: 6:18pm On Apr 23, 2018
Why? You are the one building a mountain on the substance of God and men. The question is actually for you.
solite3:
direct your question to peacefullove
Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 23, 2018
Jeremiah 22:29
29 O earth, earth, earth, hear the word of Jehovah.

Is this (earth) a figurative expression? Is it personified? If yes, what is the significance?

Your example of should have been the above in relation to a human being. Not two abstract nouns.

Proverbs 8 is typical of Jeremiah 22:29.

Kindly explain.
solite3:
the writer in proverb 8as grouped wisdom and understanding as one.
Stop trying to be clever by half. How did Jesus appear in proverb 8 explain.

Let me give you an example of what a figurative or personified expression is from the bible

Psalms 85:10 Mercy and truth are met together; righteousness and peace have kissed each other.

According to you righteousness and peace really kissed each other or righteousness and peace must refer to real people who met and kissed themselves.

Since wisdom refers to somebody who was created.
Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by Nobody: 6:30pm On Apr 23, 2018
You can imagine how solite3 is defiantly raising dust over the issue to blindfold people into believing the Trinity. He sees clearly that he is in the wrong. Pride and egotism influenced by the bad spirits will not allow him to lay down his heresy. He can sell his own Bible just to prove the Trinity right.
descartes400:
Christianity as practiced these days has elevated the son(Jesus Christ) above the Father (God)
Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by bloodofthelamb(m): 6:47pm On Apr 23, 2018
Peacefullove:

@ removetheturban , shey you see your friends ? grin grin

I can't just stop laughing

Oga, who are those called Sons of God who came to earth to marry wives in the Bible ? Let me ask that first

You are laughing in ignorance. Where in the Bible is angels called sons of God.

Jesus said angels don't marry or can they reproduce. Try again!
Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by Nobody: 6:57pm On Apr 23, 2018
Genesis 6:2
King James Bible
That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

New International Version
the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose.
bloodofthelamb:

Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:20pm On Apr 23, 2018
removetheturban:
Genesis 6:2
King James Bible
That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

New International Version
the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose.

That verse is definitely not refering to angels as sons of God for Jesus said in resurrection believers will be like angels and will never marry nor reproduce.

Friend you err.
Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by Peacefullove: 9:02pm On Apr 23, 2018
grin grin operation deny everything on point .

What a life !
Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by Peacefullove: 9:04pm On Apr 23, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

If not angels, How did Nephilims arrive ?

At Job 38 vs 7 it says Sons of God shout with joy when the earth was made . Oya, who are they ? grin grin grin
Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by Peacefullove: 9:11pm On Apr 23, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

That verse is definitely not refering to angels as sons of God for Jesus said in resurrection believers will be like angels and will never marry nor reproduce.

Friend you err.

grin grin and when you finally discover angels are son of God, I will see how you wanna defend the question I asked earlier .

Job 38:6_7

To what were its foundations fastened?
Or who laid its cornerstone,
7 When the morning stars sang together,
And all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Mr, Who are these SONS of God shouting for Joy when God made the foundations of the earth ?
Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:57pm On Apr 23, 2018
Peacefullove:

grin grin and when you finally discover angels are son of God, I will see how you wanna defend the question I asked earlier .

Job 38:6_7

To what were its foundations fastened?
Or who laid its cornerstone,
7 When the morning stars sang together,
And all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Mr, Who are these SONS of God shouting for Joy when God made the foundations of the earth ?

In your little mind you concluded that the verse is talking about angels. That verse is still under question mark. You or anybody have no right to insert and claim that God was refering to angelic beings, for the Holy Spirit told us through Paul that God has never called any angel his son.
Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by Nobody: 11:07pm On Apr 23, 2018
Peacefullove:

Olodo the mountain itself is not the beginning, it That part of the river found in the mountains is the Beginning .

That water in the mountain forms the beginning or starting point and its part of the river as well

Beginning of something is a part of it.

E.g Nokia 3310 is the beginning of my using a phone.

Nokia 3310 is also a phone as well

Another example: They are the set of student that begins that school.

They are students as well .

When God decide to create, Jesus was the beginning or first . of his Creation.

As evident by the term First BORN

I m not a geographer but the place where a river originates from can be called a source but not necessarily the true source. Anyway that's for a river not a person.
Referring to someone as the source of something means he is the originator of it.

Jeremiah 31:9 They shall come with weeping, and with supplications will I lead them: I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters in a straight way, wherein they shall not stumble: for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn.

Ephraim was referred to as the firstborn, according to you it means Ephraim was born first or created first right?

The beginning as in rev 3:14 does not mean first part rather it means source or originator and ruler

Jesus is the source or originator of creation so how is he part of the things he originated.
The bible said without him was nothing made that was made.
Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by Nobody: 11:11pm On Apr 23, 2018
descartes400:
Nope the Father and the Son should be honoured same. Way
Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by Nobody: 11:13pm On Apr 23, 2018
Peacefullove:

Paul did give birth to onesmus cos according to the chapter a new Christian is born . That term was used because he is Older than Onesmus in Christian faith to call him a son.

But when Isaac was begotten by Abraham it was because he gave birth to him . again the term signifies he is older than Isaac and exist first before him.

In case of Jesus, angels and Adam .. It was as true in all the aforementioned cases, Father exist before them all making then Sons.

The word never lost it's meaning in all this instances

Define Son of God ?

this is a new one so how did Paul gave birth or create onesimus
Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by Nobody: 11:20pm On Apr 23, 2018
Peacefullove:

Same way Isaac was called Only begotten despite Abraham having other sons grin grin

But all were sons of Abraham for He is their Father who gave birth or produce them all

How was Jesus begotten?

But he called angels son of God, together with Jesus right ?

Wat does that mean.?,
you are confused you should answer those questions. Since you said to beget simply means to give birth or to create. Then following your logic Isaac was the only son Abraham gave birth to or created
Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by Nobody: 11:42pm On Apr 23, 2018
removetheturban:
Jeremiah 22:29
29 O earth, earth, earth, hear the word of Jehovah.

Is this (earth) a figurative expression? Is it personified? If yes, what is the significance?

Your example of should have been the above in relation to a human being. Not two abstract nouns.

Proverbs 8 is typical of Jeremiah 22:29.

Kindly explain.
holding on to straw, Jeremiah 22:29, is still personification used to describe the urgency and seriousness of the prophecy
Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by Nobody: 11:52pm On Apr 23, 2018
removetheturban:
Why? You are the one building a mountain on the substance of God and men. The question is actually for you.
Jesus has the very nature of God Almighty in fact Jesus is the exact image of God.
His glory, character, his Almightiness everything Jesus is the exact reflection.
If Jesus is not God Almighty do you think he can be called the express image of God?
There lies your answer. Search the scripture more about Jesus you can also ask for help on issues that are not clear
Hebrews 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by Nobody: 6:34am On Apr 24, 2018
solite3:

Jesus has the very nature of God Almighty in fact Jesus is the exact image of God.
Image + of God.
Take the above to school as ask your teacher the function of the preposition 'of' in that phrase.
Were you taught in school that an image is not the real person but a representation of someone or something?

Can you define 'image'?

When you look in the mirror do you see the very you or an exact representation of yourself?

If someone shoots your reflection in the mirror, would it count as murder?

If you were a policeman sent to arrest someone and you see an exact image of that person, will you arrest the exact image of that person?
solite3:

His glory, character, his Almightiness everything Jesus is the exact reflection.
If Jesus is not God Almighty do you think he can be called the express image of God?
Do you know the meaning of 'almighty'? Can you compare the meaning to John 20:21? If Jesus can be sent BY the father it means that he does not have almighty power. Matthew 28:18 If he was given his authority, it means that the giver has the authority to give and not to give him that authority. Jesus does not agree with your thought. So, where did it come from?
solite3:

There lies your answer. Search the scripture more about Jesus you can also ask for help on issues that are not clear
Hebrews 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
I have searched the scriptures and guess what! I discovered what Jesus said in John 20:17 'I am ascending to My Father and your Father, to My God and your God.'"

Are you a part of those that Jesus referred to?
Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by Nobody: 6:50am On Apr 24, 2018
Yeah but Proverbs 8 is typical of Jeremiah 22:29

Proverbs 8 used inanimate nouns in reference to sons who are humans. Jeremiah used the same in relation to Jehovah.

You used two abstract nouns in comparison which is inappropriate. If there is sincerity in you, use typical examples to portray your points.

If you agree that in Jeremiah 22:29 the earth was personified, what is the significance of the term 'earth' in that verse? That is my question.
solite3:
holding on to straw, Jeremiah 22:29, is still personification used to describe the urgency and seriousness of the prophecy
Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by Nobody: 6:54am On Apr 24, 2018
Are you stating that the Bible is lying? Let me post more verses to your delight

Job 38:7
King James Bible
When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Job 1:6
King James Bible
Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.

bloodofthelamb:

Friend you err.

Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:39am On Apr 24, 2018
removetheturban:
Are you stating that the Bible is lying? Let me post more verses to your delight

Job 38:7
King James Bible
When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Job 1:6
King James Bible
Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.

Are you also stating that the Holy Ghost is lying because He said through Paul in Hebrew 1 vs 5
At no time ever did God called his angels sons.

By the way, can you prove that it was angels that God was refering to.

1 Like

Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by descartes400: 8:31am On Apr 24, 2018
removetheturban:
Image + of God.
Take the above to school as ask your teacher the function of the preposition 'of' in that phrase.
Were you taught in school that an image is not the real person but a representation of someone or something?

Can you define 'image'?

When you look in the mirror do you see the very you or an exact representation of yourself?

If someone shoots your reflection in the mirror, would it count as murder?

If you were a policeman sent to arrest someone and you see an exact image of that person, will you arrest the exact image of that person?
Do you know the meaning of 'almighty'? Can you compare the meaning to John 20:21? If Jesus can be sent BY the father it means that he
does not have almighty power. Matthew 28:18 If he was given his authority, it means that the giver has the authority to give and not to give him that authority. Jesus does not agree with your thought. So, where did it come from? I have search the scriptures and guess what! I discovered what Jesus said in John 20:17 'I am ascending to My Father and your Father, to My God and your God.'"

Are you a part of those that Jesus referred to?

well said.

1 Like

Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by Nobody: 8:33am On Apr 24, 2018
What is a holy ghost? I do not know think that is a scriptural word. What are you trying to say?

Meanwhile, this is Hebrews 1:5 For example, to which one of the angels did God ever say: “You are my son; today I have become your father”?+ And again: “I will become his father, and he will become my son”?

I have shown you in your Bible but you discredit all the verses. Was Jesus the one referred to in Genesis 6:2?
bloodofthelamb:

Are you also stating that the Holy Ghost is lying because He said through Paul in Hebrew 1 vs 5
At no time ever did God called his angels sons.

By the way, can you prove that it was angels that God was refering to.
Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by Nobody: 8:38am On Apr 24, 2018
I am really interested to know who he calls the sons of God in that verse.
Peacefullove:

Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by Peacefullove: 10:28am On Apr 24, 2018
solite3:
you are confused you should answer those questions. Since you said to beget simply means to give birth or to create.

I said ? That's the meaning Man

Check the meaning of beget and tell us .

Then following your logic Isaac was the only son Abraham gave birth to or created

grin grin in what sense was Isaac only begotten though he was born like other sons ?

Learn it today, Because only Isaac was conceived through the Promise of God to Sarah .

Am now asking you since Jesus is a son like every other angels , which means he was created like they are . they are all Sons of God, what made him only begotten despite God having other sons ?

Don't forget been only begotten does not mean Isaac wasn't born . now reply
Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by Peacefullove: 10:32am On Apr 24, 2018
solite3:
this is a new one so how did Paul gave birth or create onesimus

Paul born Onesmus as a Christian.

Something was born. That's the fact

But before he could call him SON, he must have been OLDER than him in the Christian faith

In any case of begotten, A Father always exist before the son.

Same way Father exist before all his sons [ Jesus included as son ] , comprehend ?
Re: My Prayer For Trinitarians by Peacefullove: 10:36am On Apr 24, 2018
removetheturban:
I am really interested to know who he calls the sons of God in that verse.

So many Movie here grin grin he knows the moment it is proved that angels are sons of God due to God being their Father by Creating them, he is in trouble since Jesus is also one of the sons of God.

@ bloodofthelamb , tell us who are those sons of God shouting with Joy ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerian Motorists Keep Religious Books On Their Dashboards? / What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About / Tithes Overdue - How Much More Do I Pay?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.