Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,825 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:31 PM

What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? (43212 Views)

Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) / Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? / This New Restaurant Called Spyce Uses Only Robots To Cook All Its Meals (video). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by IVORY2009(m): 1:12pm On Apr 14, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Na wa.
OP is a man and he is bothered about his weight; sounds gayish to me.
I'd just say you should excercise more; play soccer and have regular sex.

Forget food,
Diets don't work on Nigerian's body, because hardship has altered our DNA.

If it is a woman,
It's simple, just tell your man not to release inside you.

1 Like

Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Apr 14, 2018
0monnak0da:

Can I ask how old you are?
may I ask

1 Like

Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by martineverest(m): 1:15pm On Apr 14, 2018
*drink alot of water
*stop eating late
* don't eat heavy food at night
*go keto(avoid carbohydrates and eat alot of eggs without yoke)
*replace yr dinner with any of the ffg cucumber, pawpaws pineapple,apple,child's law.....avoid banana
*do excerise, especially jogging
*sleep
*engage urself in brain-racking puzzles and other logical reasonings

6 Likes

Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by ireneidiva(f): 1:22pm On Apr 14, 2018
Shukusheka:
Hey guys I need your help, the way I'm adding weight these days is alarming and worrisome. I was weighing 74kg last year, I checked my weight last week I was weighing a whooping 85kg. shocked

I'm adding excessive fat on my cheeks, laps, and my stomach is beginning to protrude like I mistakenly swallowed a calabash.

I understand losing weight is 70% dieting and 30% exercise, so I need help to know the meals I need to avoid and what I need to take also to help shed some of the weight. I'm really keen on dropping down to at least 72 by the end of this year.

I do my sit-ups and I have cut down on my late night meals but I'm not seeing much improvement.

Cc: Jagugu88li
Jummiefoodie
Cococandy
DopeJemi
You need routine exercise. Sit-ups alone is not enough. You need to jog or do brisk walking. Watch what you eat. Avoid junk food. Eat balanced diets in small portions. Finally, be patient. You need about six months to see encouraging results.

1 Like

Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Apr 14, 2018
Dis life sef..
Me dey weigh 57kg.. Ppu say I slim for my age..
Anoda person fat dey look to slim... Everyone wt his/her own cross

2 Likes

Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by 0monnak0da: 1:22pm On Apr 14, 2018
bamidelee:

may I ask
I am not sure I get your point ? Is there one ?
Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by Penocruize: 1:22pm On Apr 14, 2018
Doing sit up does not flatten your belly but build only your core or abdominal muscles (packs)
Cut off carbohydrates and high calorie drinks(coke etc) and snacks on your diety. Eat plenty of protein and vegetables and fruits! and do 30-40minutes intensive exercise or jugging, cycling, jump rope is much more burning the calories most. Do this 4-5times a week and you'll see the changes..... Our Nigerian food and diet sometimes contribute to our suddenly weight gain. just eat little carbs or meal only if it's necessary

1 Like

Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by brainhgeek(m): 1:24pm On Apr 14, 2018
Go vegs.
Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by emerged01(m): 1:25pm On Apr 14, 2018
Shukusheka:
Hey guys I need your help, the way I'm adding weight these days is alarming and worrisome. I was weighing 74kg last year, I checked my weight last week I was weighing a whooping 85kg. shocked

I'm adding excessive fat on my cheeks, laps, and my stomach is beginning to protrude like I mistakenly swallowed a calabash.

I understand losing weight is 70% dieting and 30% exercise, so I need help to know the meals I need to avoid and what I need to take also to help shed some of the weight. I'm really keen on dropping down to at least 72 by the end of this year.

I do my sit-ups and I have cut down on my late night meals but I'm not seeing much improvement.

Jummiefoodie
Cococandy
DopeJemi

You are not fat! You are moderate. I was 100kg last year but I'm 95kg this year. Still I can say I am fat.
Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by Jabioro: 1:25pm On Apr 14, 2018
Keep playing lotto (Baba ijebu) l'm 100% sure you going to lose weight in just two weeks.
Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by jara: 1:28pm On Apr 14, 2018
Those that told you to stop eating are right. But no one can completely adhere to a diet.

The only secret is to eat very small portion in different varieties of food.

Your biggest meal must be lunch and the smallest must be dinner.

All the studies about protein and caborhydrate diets have been confusing and contradicttory. But you must include fruits and nuts.

When you tell people not to drink alcohol, they cheat like they do with food. So take only one drink occasionally.

Please include exercise. Note that all vegetable diet is not satiable. If you eat enough vegetable, you can still get fat. The biggest animals are vegetarians.

6 Likes

Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by Harfisco(m): 1:28pm On Apr 14, 2018
no exercise needed just fall in love with the wrong person

4 Likes

Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by prechbills1(m): 1:29pm On Apr 14, 2018
geekybabe:
ELiminate carbs as much as possible. Replace your carbs with healthier alternatives in fiber and veggies. You might wanna go for a keto diet.

Stop rice. Eat oats and lots of veggies. Eat more proteins like beans.

rice doesn't make someone fat...
I've never tasted garri in the past 2years
Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by emerged01(m): 1:30pm On Apr 14, 2018
cutefergiee:
Dis life sef..
Me dey weigh 57kg.. Ppu say I slim for my age..
Anoda person fat dey look to slim... Everyone wt his/her own cross
I don't want to know age but for a guy I think that weight is low,that means you are slim.
Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by imitateMe(m): 1:31pm On Apr 14, 2018
Eat more beans. The fibre in beans helps to reduce weight a lot.
Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by Rashman578(m): 1:31pm On Apr 14, 2018
BiafranDel:
close your mouth before fly enter.
back to the topic
op why didnt you just ask google the question directly instead of posting it here. i cant even believe this kind of question is coming from a guy. this is the kind of question "girls" ask not guys. some men really possess woman qualities. the future is female indeed. you dont know what your problem in life is. this sh*t aint supposed to come from a guy on a public forum. you are just seeking attention. WELL WELL ACCORDING TO THE POSTER ABOVE ME. SINCE YOU ARE GAY, TELL YOUR BOYFRIEND TO STOP EJACULATING INSIDE OF YOU WHEN NEXT YOU BOTH HAVE SEX. I SUPPOSE THERE IS TOO MUCH SPERM IN YOUR SYSTEM.
...and hey who made the grand rule that a man should not ask such questions. Pls u guys should stop the stereotyping

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by kpaofame: 1:34pm On Apr 14, 2018
abrahym:
Avoid eating late nights
Anything 830pm . I don't eat night food and it's working for me

I normally eat by 9;30 pm still thin as phuck...just a little protruding tummy tho i dont take beer...what advice to do to add fat all round

1 Like

Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by donbachi(m): 1:34pm On Apr 14, 2018
40days dry fasting
Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Apr 14, 2018
Mehn, I need the fat. Which kind wahala be this.

1 Like

Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by martyns303(m): 1:36pm On Apr 14, 2018
emerged01:

You are not fat! You are moderate. I was 100kg last year but I'm 95kg this year. Still I can say I am fat.

bone density and height also matters. I weigh 85kg (sometimes I get to 82kg) and I don't look fat, I am just moderate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by Agozie48: 1:36pm On Apr 14, 2018
BiafranDel:
close your mouth before fly enter.
back to the topic
op why didnt you just ask google the question directly instead of posting it here. i cant even believe this kind of question is coming from a guy. this is the kind of question "girls" ask not guys. some men really possess woman qualities. the future is female indeed. you dont know what your problem in life is. this sh*t aint supposed to come from a guy on a public forum. you are just seeking attention. WELL WELL ACCORDING TO THE POSTER ABOVE ME. SINCE YOU ARE GAY, TELL YOUR BOYFRIEND TO STOP EJACULATING INSIDE OF YOU WHEN NEXT YOU BOTH HAVE SEX. I SUPPOSE THERE IS TOO MUCH SPERM IN YOUR SYSTEM.

some Nigerians and their poor mentality so because he is a guy he can't questions or make enquiries about weight loss ,and because he now made enquiries that makes him gay, you need some brain assessment

6 Likes

Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by OBku4(m): 1:37pm On Apr 14, 2018
OkpaAkuEriEri:
Dnt drink Kunu.
N b playing betnaija. E go kip u feet.

Una no go kill person!! cheesy cheesy
Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Apr 14, 2018
Avoid junk food!
Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by Shukusheka(m): 1:37pm On Apr 14, 2018
0monnak0da:

Can I ask how old you are?
Mid Twenties undecided
Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by MissRaine69(f): 1:38pm On Apr 14, 2018
Learn portion control first before you try any form of dieting or exercising. It’s not what you eat it’s how much you eat and when. The business of earring mountains of anything and seas of soup or stew especially late at night that needs to end. Portion control means cutting in half what you usually put on your plate. And ratios when you are hungry not because it’s time to eat.
Then start to drink more water if your urine looks like Bigi Apple drink you don’t drink enough.
If you drink alcohol that needs to be addressed as well.
If you can start here then you can work towards the physical part.

4 Likes

Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by rickyboss333: 1:39pm On Apr 14, 2018
Shukusheka:

if only u could sell some of your fats in exchange to my slim nature. i have done everything possible to get a little chubby but it wont just happen.

Jummiefoodie
Cococandy
DopeJemi
Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by OkpaAkuEriEri(m): 1:39pm On Apr 14, 2018
OBku4:

Una no go kill person!! cheesy cheesy
U r karid
Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by martyns303(m): 1:40pm On Apr 14, 2018
kpaofame:

I normally eat by 9;30 pm still thin as phuck...just a little protruding tummy tho i dont take beer...what advice to do to add fat all round

there are many factors as to why u won't add weight no matter how hard u try.

1. gene
2. age
3. routine

when I was in Uni, I did all sort of things to add weight, mixed milk, egg and malt. ate 5 times a day, drank cascilane 90, still nothing. but then I got to certain age and I started blowing up, got to 90kg.
Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by Hardrive(m): 1:40pm On Apr 14, 2018
first of all you are endomorphic( don't ask me how I know) and so like someone said, reduce the amount of carbohydrates you eat, eat protein and fruits and do exercises that works the entire body(soccer is advisable).
Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by 3pointz(m): 1:40pm On Apr 14, 2018
On the contrary i really wanna add some pounds of flesh. Plz what can i eat 2 make it rapid??
N/B i do eat very well,atimes 4times a day
Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by jaxxy(m): 1:44pm On Apr 14, 2018
Shukusheka:

Jummiefoodie
Cococandy
DopeJemi

U don't hv to avoid any food majorly bt for good result cut ur intake by 3/4 of each meal and drink more water and light beverages.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Is This Dish Called? (picture) / See Variety Of Nigerian Soups. (pictures) / Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.