Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,999 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:30 PM

My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage (35777 Views)

Groom Disappears On His Wedding Day, Bride Goes Ahead With The Event In U.K / My Fiancee Betrayed Me: Should I Go Ahead With The Marriage Plans? / Man Caught His Fiancee In Bed With His Best Man 3 Weeks To Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by Nobody: 8:35pm On Apr 25, 2018
CONFAMA:
The probability that they will give birth to a sickler is just 25% which is still low to me although the risks increases if they continue to bear children overtime without limitation.

My advice to the couple is to limit the number of their children to just one or two at most.

It's not that low. There are two of us out of five kids and guess what? I'm the second child. The best thing is for them not to get married at all.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by KAM3KAZI: 1:35pm On Apr 26, 2018
A lady came to the church I attend and gave a testimony of how she turned from AS to AA through deliverance,fasting and prayers.
This happened in less than a year of attending the Church. She even came with the test results.

I go to mountain of fire �
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by Amhappy(f): 4:53pm On Apr 26, 2018
Hia If they insist will you kill them. It's their cross let them carry it.
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by gasbee: 1:40pm On Apr 27, 2018
wonyi:

Well said. exactly what I had in mind to type.modern technology can resolve the issue.
Good day Sir, pm sent
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by wonyi: 2:03pm On Apr 27, 2018
gasbee:
Good day Sir, pm sent

Please send a mai
I can't access the mail I registered Nairaland with
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by bong4(m): 1:14pm On Apr 28, 2018
Amhappy:
Hia If they insist will you kill them. It's their cross let them carry it.

It is easier said my dear. When children do well, even extended family members celebrate. How much more this one?
If family members are invited and even contribute to family wedding, then this case is every body's cross.
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by BlackHummer(m): 7:19pm On May 08, 2018
Christie06:
Thank you.
Hi dear. Can i get to know you?
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by BlackHummer(m): 2:50pm On May 12, 2018
Christie06:
Thank you.
Hi Christie
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by Nobody: 10:33pm On May 12, 2018
[quote author=BlackHummer post=67499109]
Hi Christie[/quote Hello!
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by BlackHummer(m): 11:55pm On May 19, 2018
[quote author=Christie06 post=67510543][/quote]
How are u doing. Sent you an email
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by Kobicove(m): 2:28am On May 20, 2018
DopeAngel:
Serious Advice Needed Pls- How Can I Resolve This Impending Doom In My Family

Please nairalanders i kindly need your advice on this family issue. my elder bro met this girl sometime last two years after having too many disappointments in relationship. he said he wants to finally settle down that he is tired of waiting and disappointments.

Now the serious problem is both of them are genotype AS, but my brother does not care, he still wants to go ahead with the marriage. He is saying he has faith and hope in God that nothing will happen. even my parents are not helping matters, my parents are strong church elders and they are even saying my brother should pray that God can change things.

I am so pained with my parents stand on this issue knowing the severe consequence that follows. i was hoping they would outrightly dissolve the relationship but no they are hoping on God. What pains me the most is that the girl herself is a nurse, she knows better than everybody but yet she is not considering that.

Right now i hate the girl because she is coming to ruin the life of bro's unborn children

Tell your brother to get ready for an avalanche of problems that will likely wreck his finances if he decides to proceed

1 Like

Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by Dynamique: 2:54pm On May 20, 2018
Advise him but if he refuses to yield, let him proceed with the marriage, he will learn the hard way when he has to care for a sickle cell victim, a problem he could have avoided. Then he will understand that applying Logic is better than having False Hope.
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by Nobody: 10:11pm On May 29, 2018
Hello, I am a pastor, can I share the word of God with you? I have special ministration just for you.
Christie06:
Thank you.
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by tomdon(m): 3:46am On Sep 26, 2018
DopeAngel:
the thing on my mind right now to do is to warn the girl to seriously stay away from my family and brother or else she wont like the treatment she will be getting from me. i will never ever support the marriage. i am not ready to be an uncle to a sickler. the girl wants to ruin my family. my brother is been perpetually ignorant and foolish. i really dont know what is wrong with him. too much disappointment is not enough reason to go ahead with this marriage. i am tired and unhappy. please i need serious advice on how to end this evil relationship. lalasticlala mynd44 ishilove any other moderator please help a brother in this problem

Female uncle
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by Nobody: 8:45am On Sep 26, 2018
tomdon:

Female uncle
don't mind him,he has been parading himself as a female here spewing trash against the female gender.
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by missyblissy: 9:18pm On Nov 29, 2018
Wish them luck. There's a saying that the fly that refused to listen follows a dead body to the grave. Just keep quite, wiah them well and wait.
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by deleson: 12:00pm On May 31, 2020
Hey!

It's 2020, over two years after you made this post.

Please update us. Did they go ahead with the wedding? Do they have kids? Did they do CVS? Is any of the kids SS?

Like to read from you...Cheerios!

DopeAngel:
Serious Advice Needed Pls- How Can I Resolve This Impending Doom In My Family

Please nairalanders i kindly need your advice on this family issue. my elder bro met this girl sometime last two years after having too many disappointments in relationship. he said he wants to finally settle down that he is tired of waiting and disappointments.

Now the serious problem is both of them are genotype AS, but my brother does not care, he still wants to go ahead with the marriage. He is saying he has faith and hope in God that nothing will happen. even my parents are not helping matters, my parents are strong church elders and they are even saying my brother should pray that God can change things.

I am so pained with my parents stand on this issue knowing the severe consequence that follows. i was hoping they would outrightly dissolve the relationship but no they are hoping on God. What pains me the most is that the girl herself is a nurse, she knows better than everybody but yet she is not considering that.

Right now i hate the girl because she is coming to ruin the life of bro's unborn children
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by med123(m): 2:22am On Dec 21, 2020
Our CVS was done at Greene Diagnostics Company Limited in Benin city. We contacted the customer care line 08025200314 on Feb 18th and finally was booked on Feb 19th. Results came out fine.
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by Fhowe: 4:40am On Dec 21, 2020
DopeAngel:
yes bro. he does not really care. after having much disappointments he says he cant have more and is not ready to search for another girl. he wants to settle down. it is clear the decision was made emotionally, due to fear of further disappointments in relationship. He is not balanced right now and not thinking straight. even if i allow this happen, if in future eventually they have an SS child. we all as a family will bear the burden. i dont want to worry over that then that is why i am more concerned now. if they go ahead and get married and something happens. i wont care then and i dont want family taging me as a wicked brother. that is why i am more concerned now. i had a friend who was SS yrs back, he died days after we wrote our waec due to accumulated stress. i dont want that pain in my family
Oga stop stressing yourself since your brother is financially capable then let them just look for a donor egg and the woman carries the child since it is the paternity that matters the most in naija ,infact lately many men are going for the ivf option just to be sure they are the biological father of their kids (for professionals and long distance relationships) ,This "this life no balance ooo" a visit to a fertility hospital or a visit to the children ward in a teaching hospital will make you have a rethink , many kids are suffering from different ailments from birth (nothing that has to do with genotype) so people should stop over flogging this genotype issue just the other day a man discovered his 3 kids were not his biological children is that not worse than a genotype issue please let's be guided , for me as long as they both know what they are going into who even knows maybe they have decided to have a childless marriage ,op Abeg learn to face your own issues

1 Like

Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by med123(m): 3:31pm On Oct 02, 2021
Greene Diagnostics Clinic does High-graded PGT for Couple who cannot risk having a SS Baby. Price is Cheap, and with Expert Handlers who are Seasoned Consultant Physicians.

Phone number: 08025200314
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by med123(m): 1:01am On Oct 25, 2021
You can book for chorionic Villus Sampling test ( CVS) prenatal Fetal Genotype Test with us.

Greene Diagnostics
16c, Uwasota Rd
Benin city.
www.gdcl.ng
info@gdcl.ng

IVF and PGT also available
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by Anoneism(m): 5:07pm On Jan 07, 2023
ologun01:

It's 270,000 as at February sef
If you are still on this forum, I would like to get in touch with you as soon as possible sir.

It's very important.

Thanks.
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by Anoneism(m): 5:10pm On Jan 07, 2023
pandax:
I reside in PH and not abroad. In fact the cost of PGS & IVF has gone down now. There are clinics like Nordica, Bridge and the rest in Nigeria that can comfortably carry out the procedure with their foreign partners. it is doable. I married my wife with my last N1m in my account and I knew that we were not compatible because of our genotype. I love her and was able to do it because we did not tell anyone except my mother-in-law who supported us. Till today, we have not done white wedding as most churches refused wedding us. I told my wife to follow me that God will see us through. Today, I have tens of millions within 2 years of marriage and my healthy triplets are on the way. Maybe, after delivery we will go back and see if churches will wed us.

Good day sir. Please, how do I get in touch with you sir? I have few questions I'm hoping you'd help me with answers.

1 Like

Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by pandax: 8:46pm On Jan 08, 2023
Anoneism:

Good day sir. Please, how do I get in touch with you sir? I have few questions I'm hoping you'd help me with answers.

Pm me
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by benqo01(m): 11:12pm On Jan 08, 2023
DopeAngel:
thank you fear. the thing is the girl herself is not ready to let him go. she still even calls him. her age factor is making her even more desperate. i dont care if the girl gets married or not. she should just leave my bro alone. i mean is that too hard for a lady to do? am so much pained. right now i have so much hatred towards the girl. right now i am thinking of giving her a very sound warning to stay away from my family or else she would never find peace. i would be very happy to be the black sheep that destroyed the relationship and save the lives of my bro's unborn kids. is it right?

I understand your point but apply wisdom in this kind of issue don't make it look like a fight take it gently,Maybe you should sit your brother down and have a one on one talk with him he might reconsider
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by Anoneism(m): 1:00pm On Jan 09, 2023
pandax:

Pm me
Done sir.
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by Anoneism(m): 7:00am On Jan 11, 2023
pandax:

Pm me
Good morning sir. I PM you two days ago, I don't know if you've seen it.

I would appreciate if you can message me via anoneism@gmail.com

Many thanks sir.
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by maasoap(m): 7:35am On Jan 11, 2023
eyinjuege:
Its not your relationship, neither is it your business.
The main thing is for both of them to understand the risks involved, and if they're ready to plunge in, goodluck to them.
Your place as a brother is to support. Not dictate, not rule or instruct your brother.
You should learn to respect your brother's choice and wishes. If you're not ready to
support him, you can disown him.

What a very dumb contribution?
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by maasoap(m): 7:44am On Jan 11, 2023
CONFAMA:
The probability that they will give birth to a sickler is just 25% which is still low to me although the risks increases if they continue to bear children overtime without limitation.

My advice to the couple is to limit the number of their children to just one or two at most.

Lol. I have seen a couple with four children and all of them are SS, the couple are not SS.
I have seen one with four kids and two are SS.
I have seen one with two kids and both are SS.

1 Like

Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by Creativity22: 7:46am On Jan 11, 2023
DopeAngel:
this is not really about god. it is about the much disappointments he has faced. he says he is not ready to face any other disappointments while his mates are married so he wants to go ahead with the marriage no matter the cost. its like making decision when pushed emotionally. he is not in his right sense. fear of disappointment and age is behind this drastic decision he took
If only our parents thought us not to compare our selves with others. We are different and have different time. Understand this and have peace
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by Creativity22: 7:52am On Jan 11, 2023
eyinjuege:
Its not your relationship, neither is it your business.
The main thing is for both of them to understand the risks involved, and if they're ready to plunge in, goodluck to them.
Your place as a brother is to support. Not dictate, not rule or instruct your brother.
You should learn to respect your brother's choice and wishes. If you're not ready to support him, you can disown him.
It is there insensitiveness to the pains and plight there unborn children will face. As far as am concerned, i think government should be involved and stop all these unreasonable fellows that wants to bring children into this world to suffer.
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by Creativity22: 7:57am On Jan 11, 2023
eyinjuege:

They are not your children, the stress will be on their parents. Provided they know what they are getting into, its still their decision.
I wouldn't advice 2 people with AS genotypes to marry, but if they decide to, i can only support them and wish them well. I will not try to control their decision and choice, I will not try all the drama the poster is trying to cause at all.
Someone has once told me, the solution to eradicating sickle cell disease is to kill all AS persons as they are the ones passing on the disease. I chose to believe he was joking, but who knows what such a person can do if given the power to. Your own solution is asking them not to marry, not as extreme but still can be taken too far as the OP apparently wants to, in his bid to have the perfect family.
You can advice and educate them on the trials sicklers face, the stress etc but that's all required of you.
I know a lot about sicklers, and i know some so dont think i don't understand where you're coming from
You guys can be so daft. I would have given them the blessing, if the unborn children are part of this STUPID decision. Those fools have no right to bring children into this world suffer

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Couple Rock Their Secondary School Uniform For Their Pre-wedding Photos / How Can I Stop My 23-Year-Old Girlfriend From Bed-Wetting? / Ladies, When You Sleep Around You Strip Your Future Husband Off Respect - Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.