Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage (35867 Views)

Groom Disappears On His Wedding Day, Bride Goes Ahead With The Event In U.K / My Fiancee Betrayed Me: Should I Go Ahead With The Marriage Plans? / Man Caught His Fiancee In Bed With His Best Man 3 Weeks To Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by pomide(m): 10:45pm On Apr 24, 2018
Technology Has Advanced Now, It's easier to avoid SS Birth now... stop living in the old school Nigerian thought of AS AS stigma.. don't allow your self to loose a great girl that would make your life prosperous just Because of genotype... Google is your friend.

10 Likes

Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by EMINIBLAIT(m): 10:48pm On Apr 24, 2018
abeg people help my career ,I need views and likes on IG to claim a compensation

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhtRax-B8jW/?r=wa1
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by Harkindeylee(m): 10:49pm On Apr 24, 2018
DopeAngel:
Serious Advice Needed Pls- How Can I Resolve This Impending Doom In My Family

Please nairalanders i kindly need your advice on this family issue. my elder bro met this girl sometime last two years after having too many disappointments in relationship. he said he wants to finally settle down that he is tired of waiting and disappointments.

Now the serious problem is both of them are genotype AS, but my brother does not care, he still wants to go ahead with the marriage. He is saying he has faith and hope in God that nothing will happen. even my parents are not helping matters, my parents are strong church elders and they are even saying my brother should pray that God can change things.

I am so pained with my parents stand on this issue knowing the severe consequence that follows. i was hoping they would outrightly dissolve the relationship but no they are hoping on God. What pains me the most is that the girl herself is a nurse, she knows better than everybody but yet she is not considering that.

Right now i hate the girl because she is coming to ruin the life of bro's unborn children
. AS and AS is not good at-all oo. I know of a couple that lost their son at a very high level. Age 30, almost done with his PH.D death came. SS. He has being struggling with it for so long and yet he still died. it pains me alot. I felt it and I wasn’t really close to him. Now. He died after staying alive for 30years. 30 years of pain. How do you think his parent will feel?

My own suggestion. Kindly sit your brother down once again. Talk sense into him. Let him know the risk involved. He’s obviously not on his right state of mind and ready to settle down so fast. Just let him know he’s making the wrong choice. Or better still talk fiercely to your parent about it. They are educated and grown up fellows people of strong faith but they can’t put God to a Test. You can’t test God. Ignore my grammatical errors if any.
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by hollah123: 10:50pm On Apr 24, 2018
folake4u:
Love is all about sacrifice and the sacrifice your brother has to pay is to let the girl go. His future children will not forgive him for bringing them to the world for them to suffer the sickle cell anemia. Talk to your parents and your brother not to bring religion into this, inasmuch faith in God to perform miracle is key, some experiences are really not the best teacher.
God bless u, d day I saw an ss child I was just cursing the parents deep down in me cos life is hard for d girl. i was moved to tears cos as easy as walking is for most people she couldn't walk properly. u have to see big head,big Tommy with thin neck, thin hand n thin legs. I pity d girl big time
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by wonyi: 10:52pm On Apr 24, 2018
ranmoor:
If your bro is rich or d wife, then there is no prob. They can conceive thru IVF. Using in vitro fertilization, they can fertilise the healthy cells and discard the sickle cells... They just have to make sure baby making is thru ivf..
Anything aside that is a real problem! Even the child will not forgive them.
Peace!

Well said. exactly what I had in mind to type.modern technology can resolve the issue.
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by Nobody: 10:52pm On Apr 24, 2018
So they intentionally want to bring children that will suffer in this world, I won't even advise my enemy to marry a fellow AS, I have seen sicklers and its not an easy something.
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by Nobody: 10:54pm On Apr 24, 2018
eyinjuege:
Its not your relationship, neither is it your business.
The main thing is for both of them to understand the risks involved, and if they're ready to plunge in, goodluck to them.
Your place as a brother is to support. Not dictate, not rule or instruct your brother.
You should learn to respect your brother's choice and wishes. If you're not ready to support him, you can disown him.

The Yorubas say, t'ara ile eni ba nje efo to ni kokoro, kurukere e loru ko ni je kaa sun. It is his brother's choice but they will all share in the inevitable consequences.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by DopeAngel(m): 10:58pm On Apr 24, 2018
SoapQueen:

You can't possibly hate her. She is in love. Why are you sounding like she is the only one in the relationship? Sadly, love is never enough. When she starts battling with the aftereffects of sickle cell anemia and finds herself in the underbelly of sadness, then and only then will she realize that she has made a grave mistake.

I know someone that has lost 4kids to SS Anemia.

It might be hard but she should move on.
All of una go dey alright.
i hate her because she is not listening to me. she stills calls my brother. she does not want to sacrifice the time she has spent in the relationship. my brother made the decision out of fear and desperation to get married. i dont understand what the girl actually wants. i think the reason she does not want to leave him is because there is no age on her side. both of them are not balanced emotionally right now. they are sick upstairs. if i cant get to my bro then i have to get to the girl. am tired already sad
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by ginasteve: 10:58pm On Apr 24, 2018
That's risky meen, As+As= Ss . If their faith tells them miracle will bring As for them, then let their faith see them through.
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by Emtol01: 10:59pm On Apr 24, 2018
I very much understand ur concern. But from ur narration you can't change their mind cos they're deeply into each other. The solution is let them go ahead with the marriage and you support them wholeheartedly. When the lady conceive, let them go and test the foetus GENOTYPE, if it's SS they'll terminate it right away and if not congrats to them. In all honesty that's how people do nowadays. Yes, it's the solution. Don't panic. And let them go and see a Doctor for counseling I'm sure he/she will corroborate what I've said.
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by package7(m): 11:03pm On Apr 24, 2018
Some nairalanders are so ignorant, just imagine if, they love their future they should not go ahead... A broken courtship is better than A broken marriage. Be warn. �����
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by juola(f): 11:05pm On Apr 24, 2018
There is no big deal in the issue at hand. We don't need to deprive ourselves of marrying someone who we love and have sacrificed so much for because of genotype. We are now in an advanced world. They can go for PGD at bridge clinic or nordical clinic.

1 Like

Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by OkoYibo: 11:05pm On Apr 24, 2018
Too many ignorant folks blinded by false religion and propelled by 19th-century information are just disgracing themselves on this thread.

Your brother doesn't need faith, he needs sound, professional, unbiased advice.

They can raise 5M to feed strangers at their weddings but can't raise 1.5M for IVF to ensure their unborn children are safe. Foetus Test at LUTH Sickle Cell Centre is almost 300K, they can't do that but can use the money for iphone instead of detecting the genotype of your unborn kid.

I'm AS, my wife is AS, we used a mix of faith and science. Let your bro try the test at LUTH if he can handle the consequences of an SS foetus. If not, he can try IVF.

Whatever he does, he must not gamble.

8 Likes

Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by codedcliq: 11:05pm On Apr 24, 2018
pomide:
Technology Has Advanced Now, It's easier to avoid SS Birth now... stop living in the old school Nigerian thought of AS AS stigma.. don't allow your self to loose a great girl that would make your life prosperous just Because of genotype... Google is your friend.

I am telling you. Seeing a lot of 20th century comments here is just amazing.

@ OP pls leave them to marry abeg. They can even have multiple kids that will all be AA.
Get informed...

3 Likes

Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by OkoYibo: 11:07pm On Apr 24, 2018
juola:
There is no big deal in the issue at hand. We don't need to deprive ourselves of marrying someone who we love and have sacrificed so much for because of genotype. We are now in an advanced world. They can go for PGD at bridge clinic or nordical clinic.

There are plenty IVF centres in Nigeria with capacity to handle IVF but ignorance and unenlightenment prevails in this clime.
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by tradepunter: 11:07pm On Apr 24, 2018
All these ignorant idiots calling God will do it, why don't they jump from 5 storey building and believe they will land safely? Even Jesus said thou shall not tempt thy lord your God... God gave you wisdom to understand the consequences but yet some of you are adivcing them to proceed regardless.

when the Bible says my people suffer and die cuz of lack of knowledge una think say it only applies to fake pastors misleading members. The devil just dy rub ee hand and waiting for the union to happen

The Lord blesses and adds no sorrow, make una continue to take God words for a ride. All I see is a weak man that will continue to have problems making critical decision for himself and what ever family he will build.

1 Like

Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by juola(f): 11:07pm On Apr 24, 2018
package7:
Some nairalanders are so ignorant, just imagine if, they love their future they should not go ahead... A broken courtship is better than A broken marriage. Be warn. �����
you are the ignorant one here. The world more advanced.
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by OkoYibo: 11:08pm On Apr 24, 2018
codedcliq:

I am telling you. Seeing a lot of 20th century comments here is just amazing.

@ OP pls leave them to marry abeg. They can even have multiple kids that will all be AA.
Get informed...

The comments I'm seeing here are 9th century comments when witches were blamed for Malaria.

If that guy gets married and stabilises financially after some time, he'll do IVF comfortably and have healthy children to shame his ignorant brother.
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by folake4u(f): 11:10pm On Apr 24, 2018
hollah123:
God bless u, d day I saw an ss child I was just cursing the parents deep down in me cos life is hard for d girl. i was moved to tears cos as easy as walking is for most people she couldn't walk properly. u have to see big head,big Tommy with thin neck, thin hand n thin legs. I pity d girl big time

I'm telling you, it's usually not a pleasant sight embarassed
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by bong4(m): 11:11pm On Apr 24, 2018
eyinjuege:
Its not your relationship, neither is it your business.
The main thing is for both of them to understand the risks involved, and if they're ready to plunge in, goodluck to them.
Your place as a brother is to support. Not dictate, not rule or instruct your brother.
You should learn to respect your brother's choice and wishes. If you're not ready to support him, you can disown him.

Bro it is not as easy as you put it. Whatever affects his brother affects him. I have been there and I know what doom awaits them if that marriage goes on.
Why go into such when your life will be filled with anxiety and fear that the child to come could be a sickler.
He who fails to plan, plans to fail. If that guy truly loves that lady, he won't want to see her cry in marriage.
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by DopeAngel(m): 11:11pm On Apr 24, 2018
tolusan:

The Yorubas say, t'ara ile eni ba nje efo to ni kokoro, kurukere e loru ko ni je kaa sun. It is his brother's choice but they will all share in the inevitable consequences.
exactly bro why am so concerned right now. I am not ready to bear the burden of the consequences if something bad happens in the nearest future. That is why am so concerned right now
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by abudawah(m): 11:11pm On Apr 24, 2018
DopeAngel:

Please nairalanders i kindly need your advice on this family issue. my elder bro met this girl sometime last two years after having too many disappointments in relationship. he said he wants to finally settle down that he is tired of waiting and disappointments.

Now the serious problem is both of them are genotype AS, but my brother does not care, he still wants to go ahead with the marriage. He is saying he has faith and hope in God that nothing will happen. even my parents are not helping matters, my parents are strong church elders and they are even saying my brother should pray that God can change things.

I am so pained with my parents stand on this issue knowing the severe consequence that follows. i was hoping they would outrightly dissolve the relationship but no they are hoping on God. What pains me the most is that the girl herself is a nurse, she knows better than everybody but yet she is not considering that.

I really pity the both of them. They should just not go ahead. I did same based on faith and regretted my decision. God has given us the knowledge, we don't have to tempt Him. He should be patient God will provide his wife sooner than later.
Right now i hate the girl because she is coming to ruin the life of bro's unborn children
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by OkoYibo: 11:13pm On Apr 24, 2018
tradepunter:
All these ignorant idiots calling God will do it, why don't they jump from 5 storey building and believe they will land safely? Even Jesus said thou shall not tempt thy lord your God... God gave you wisdom to understand the consequences but yet some of you are adivcing them to proceed regardless.

when the Bible says my people suffer and die cuz of lack of knowledge una think say it only applies to fake pastors misleading members. The devil just dy rub ee hand and waiting for the union to happen

The Lord blesses and adds no sorrow, make una continue to take God words for a ride. All I see is a weak man that will continue to have problems making critical decision for himself and what ever family he will build.

See this one.

Not a single scientific line in the text you typed. I'm sure you've never heard of AC and the new genotypes being discovered.

How much is IVF? You don't know
What is CVS test? You don't know
How much is CVS test? You don't know

Take several seats let's teach you what you don't know.

1 Like

Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by bong4(m): 11:13pm On Apr 24, 2018
OkoYibo:

The comments I'm seeing here are 9th century comments when witches were blamed for Malaria.

If that guy gets married and stabilises financially after some time, he'll do IVF comfortably and have healthy children to shame his ignorant brother.

Chairman ivf isn't over the counter medicine like panadol. Won't they have better things to use their money for? Why plan to have stress when you can avoid it? Can they afford ivf?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by SURElee(f): 11:15pm On Apr 24, 2018
Dem no dey tell person. They will never listen, they will claim love upandan, which kind mumu love brings children into the world to suffer and always be in and out of hospital beds? Let them take a trip to the hospital and see what parents go through with SS children and adults battling the crisis.
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by juola(f): 11:16pm On Apr 24, 2018
DopeAngel:
exactly bro why am so concerned right now. I am not ready to bear the burden of the consequences if something bad happens in the nearest future. That is why am so concerned right now
Nothing bad will happen to them. There is this yoruba Adage that says " ogun awi tele koni pa aro rara". They know the situation they have found themselves. All they need is to plan properly for the task ahead.
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by Jethrolite(m): 11:18pm On Apr 24, 2018
DopeAngel:

Your brother and his girlfriend do not know what they are getting into. 2 AS can not get married in this age of information.

Religion is no excuse to get married and all they need to have is just one SS child to get into serious trouble.

If they are wealthy, they have 2 options.

1. Villous sampling at 10-13 weeks or Amniocentesis at 16weeks. This involves getting pregnant naturally and testing the foetus at the recommended week. If the baby is SS an abortion is done and the process repeated until a healthy foetus is carried. This process cost about N300k

or

2. Pre Implantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) after In Vitro Fertilisation (IVF). This process ensures the baby is not SS even before the baby is transferred to the mother's uterus. There is no guarantee the pregnancy will be carried to term. The cost of this process is roughly N3-N6m.

If they can not do the above and are being foolish by expecting a miracle, then they should be open to the following.

Money they will use to feed, buy car, build house will be spent on hospital bills. When the heat gets really hot, all your brother and his then wife will feel for each other is hate and blame.

This love that is intoxicating them now will disappear.

Aside the money that will be spent managing the child's health, their hearts will break anytime they see their weak child.

A child that can not participate in any strenuous activity,

No extra curricular school activity,

Discrimination and rejection against the child from age mate, teachers and other adults,

A child that can't bath cold water,

A child that always has to put on sweaters even when the sun is out.

General sickly and weak look even for the few period when the child is healthy.

The child always has to be on folic acid,

Mosquito bite must be prevented at all cost because malaria triggers crisis,

As a baby, the child will be healthy for the first 6 months or less while the mother's blood is still in it, thereafter the crisis starts with the child crying uncontrollably and quickly degenerating from a healthy baby to that sickly look.

That child will hate them knowing there were aware of the risks and still got married.

Then there are other Sickle Cell Disease complications like constantly yellow eyes, overbite with big teeth, stroke(yes the stroke normally reserved for old people), avascular necrosis(bone start dying for no reason especially the femoral head, this can lead to loss of ability to walk), skin ulcer(the skin simply won't heal with a big sore, this sore can be there for years, I mean years ), enlarged spleen, enlarged liver, general constant weakness, sudden death at any point in the life of the child.

I should say some SCD sufferers are quite healthy though but you don't have a child hoping they won't be SS or be healthy even if they are SS.

I hope you're able to pass this information across to your brother and his girlfriend because when the trouble starts, non of you will be spared the financial and emotional stress unless the family decides to abandon them.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by Saladin25(m): 11:18pm On Apr 24, 2018
Let them Marry now, if they give birth to SS na their palava. You see what religion will cause in some people's life no be here. AS + AS = Sucide mission
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by DopeAngel(m): 11:18pm On Apr 24, 2018
OkoYibo:

am i really been ignorant for wanting the best for family. i just want a happy family bro. thats all. if anything happens if they go ahead to get marriage. the challenge will become a burden all family members will bear in the future. am just trying to avoid all that sorrow. how potent is the ivf something? what if they want to have much kids. are they going to keep doing it all the time. i heard it runs into millions of naira and not 100% sure. wont that be even more expenses than having an SS child.
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by bong4(m): 11:19pm On Apr 24, 2018
OkoYibo:

See this one.

Not a single scientific line in the text you typed. I'm sure you've never heard of AC and the new genotypes being discovered.

Chief, please don't encourage these people. Science has also given us the easier way out if the web. Simply, check your genotype for compatibility amongst other test. Obedience is better than sacrifice or in another way, Heaven helps those who help themselves

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by codedcliq: 11:20pm On Apr 24, 2018
OkoYibo:

See this one.

grin grin grin grin

We really need a state of emergency in our education sector

1 Like

Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by Markindian(m): 11:21pm On Apr 24, 2018
Ok[color=#990000][/color]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

My Fiancee Likes Giving Out Her Number To Men, What Should I Do? / How To Last Longer In Bed Naturally / Any Married Couple Having Sex For Pleasure Is Committing A Big Sin—nigerian Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.