Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,391 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage (35852 Views)

Groom Disappears On His Wedding Day, Bride Goes Ahead With The Event In U.K / My Fiancee Betrayed Me: Should I Go Ahead With The Marriage Plans? / Man Caught His Fiancee In Bed With His Best Man 3 Weeks To Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by DopeAngel(m): 7:10am On Apr 24, 2018
eyinjuege:
Its not your relationship, neither is it your business.
The main thing is for both of them to understand the risks involved, and if they're ready to plunge in, goodluck to them.
Your place as a brother is to support. Not dictate, not rule or instruct your brother.
You should learn to respect your brother's choice and wishes. If you're not ready to support him, you can disown him.
you mean i should just let it go. there is really nothing i can do? what if something happens eventually, my brother wont be the only one to suffer the pain. we all as a family would still provide solution together. bro if i am not ready now to accept this. then i would not be ready to help solve an issue that was borne out of a decision i was totally against. His decision was made out of fear of further disappointments if he lets go of this one he has now. He is not balanced emotionally right now.d girl wants to tie him down cos ders no age on her side either. Mid 30's and late 30's

4 Likes

Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by DopeAngel(m): 7:23am On Apr 24, 2018
ednut1:
If ur bro has money he can do ivf. Bt d way u potrayed him he doesnt seem to care. Let him face his wahala i hv ur life to live
yes bro. he does not really care. after having much disappointments he says he cant have more and is not ready to search for another girl. he wants to settle down. it is clear the decision was made emotionally, due to fear of further disappointments in relationship. He is not balanced right now and not thinking straight. even if i allow this happen, if in future eventually they have an SS child. we all as a family will bear the burden. i dont want to worry over that then that is why i am more concerned now. if they go ahead and get married and something happens. i wont care then and i dont want family taging me as a wicked brother. that is why i am more concerned now. i had a friend who was SS yrs back, he died days after we wrote our waec due to accumulated stress. i dont want that pain in my family

1 Like

Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by DopeAngel(m): 7:27am On Apr 24, 2018
Dramadiddy:
your brother is making his decision based on time and is surprisingly neglecting the fact that he could have a sickle cell child in the future, that's very risky and there's little you can do than to just pray for them
thanks for your advice bro. yea the decision was borne out of fear of further disappointments if he lets this one go more like a bird at hand is worth more than two in the bush but is this really a bird at hand? should i just let them be?
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by ednut1(m): 7:38am On Apr 24, 2018
DopeAngel:
yes bro. he does not really care. after having much disappointments he says he cant have more and is not ready to search for another girl. he wants to settle down. it is clear the decision was made emotionally, due to fear of further disappointments in relationship. He is not balanced right now and not thinking straight. even if i allow this happen, if in future eventually they have an SS child. we all as a family will bear the burden. i dont want to worry over that then that is why i am more concerned now. if they go ahead and get married and something happens. i wont care then and i dont want family taging me as a wicked brother. that is why i am more concerned now. i had a friend who was SS yrs back, he died days after we wrote our waec due to accumulated stress. i dont want that pain in my family
bros u go dey ur house den with ur own family.let him continue with his stupidity o. U sha tried

1 Like

Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by Dramadiddy(m): 9:22am On Apr 24, 2018
DopeAngel:
thanks for your advice bro. yea the decision was borne out of fear of further disappointments if he lets this one go more like a bird at hand is worth more than two in the bush but is this really a bird at hand? should i just let them be?
you have to make your brother realise what he's doing and tell him to think through, he has passed over the fact that he could have a sickle cell child all because of time, that means he may not really love the lady in question, just try to bring him to reality as much as possible with your words
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by Sultan5(m): 9:28am On Apr 24, 2018
CONFAMA:

You probably don't understand what I meant. Let's assume they decide to have ten children. What is the probability that at least one of them would be SS compared to just having two kids.

So the fewer the number of children, the lesser the probability that at least one of them will be a sickler.

I see your point now
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by Ishilove: 8:19pm On Apr 24, 2018
Deltayankeeboi:
lalasticlala ishilove. help move this to front page. the op seriously needs advice
L
Leave them to live with their choices. Whether it turns out for good or bad, it is still their choice
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by whitering: 10:23pm On Apr 24, 2018
Good luck to both of them. I know a family that have lost 2 grown up children to it.
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by aspirebig: 10:23pm On Apr 24, 2018
Hmm SS and AS loading
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by Unlimited22: 10:23pm On Apr 24, 2018
When it happens don't come here to cry for us. We know too well what all these *my brother, my sister* threads really are about.
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by Unlimited22: 10:23pm On Apr 24, 2018
When it happens don't come here to cry for us. We know too well who all these *my brother, my sister* threads really are about.

1 Like

Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by sapeleboi(m): 10:24pm On Apr 24, 2018
don't worry nahthing will happen to them
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by ToyinDipo(m): 10:24pm On Apr 24, 2018
@op, why would you hate the lady, when your brother is equally guilty.
Did your brother go to school, if yes, what course did he study.
#lazyyouth
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by Ayobami7(m): 10:25pm On Apr 24, 2018
Their Choice
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by lonelydora: 10:26pm On Apr 24, 2018
DopeAngel:
Serious Advice Needed Pls- How Can I Resolve This Impending Doom In My Family

Please nairalanders i kindly need your advice on this family issue. my elder bro met this girl sometime last two years after having too many disappointments in relationship. he said he wants to finally settle down that he is tired of waiting and disappointments.

Now the serious problem is both of them are genotype AS, but my brother does not care, he still wants to go ahead with the marriage. He is saying he has faith and hope in God that nothing will happen. even my parents are not helping matters, my parents are strong church elders and they are even saying my brother should pray that God can change things.

I am so pained with my parents stand on this issue knowing the severe consequence that follows. i was hoping they would outrightly dissolve the relationship but no they are hoping on God. What pains me the most is that the girl herself is a nurse, she knows better than everybody but yet she is not considering that.

Right now i hate the girl because she is coming to ruin the life of bro's unborn children

Tell him not to suffer his unborn children because of Infatuation?
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by Abfinest007(m): 10:28pm On Apr 24, 2018
leave him he's blinded by love but his eyes will be open by reality
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by tempex88(m): 10:28pm On Apr 24, 2018
Marriage is first about companionship. Every other thing is secondary.

4 Likes

Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by blesskewe(f): 10:28pm On Apr 24, 2018
AA
AS
SS
Good luck bro
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by choocboi: 10:30pm On Apr 24, 2018
My advice is to tell your brother not to go ahead with the marriage it may be painful but for the sake of your future children don't i know of examples of couples who were both AS and still got married 4 of their children are SS imagine running to the hospital everyday treating and spending money you might not have, the stress and at the ending the 1 or two children might die we don't pray for that but prevention is better than cure. A word is enough for the wise.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by julius976(m): 10:30pm On Apr 24, 2018
Your brother is a selfish man, he no sabi the implication wat he is about to do. Tell him not to endanger the lives of his unborn kids.
Cos if he have ss, he is gonna wish for death
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by SoapQueen(f): 10:33pm On Apr 24, 2018
DopeAngel:

Please nairalanders i kindly need your advice on this family issue. my elder bro met this girl sometime last two years after having too many disappointments in relationship. he said he wants to finally settle down that he is tired of waiting and disappointments.

Now the serious problem is both of them are genotype AS, but my brother does not care, he still wants to go ahead with the marriage. He is saying he has faith and hope in God that nothing will happen. even my parents are not helping matters, my parents are strong church elders and they are even saying my brother should pray that God can change things.

I am so pained with my parents stand on this issue knowing the severe consequence that follows. i was hoping they would outrightly dissolve the relationship but no they are hoping on God. What pains me the most is that the girl herself is a nurse, she knows better than everybody but yet she is not considering that.

Right now i hate the girl because she is coming to ruin the life of bro's unborn children

You can't possibly hate her. She is in love. Why are you sounding like she is the only one in the relationship? Sadly, love is never enough. When she starts battling with the aftereffects of sickle cell anemia and finds herself in the underbelly of sadness, then and only then will she realize that she has made a grave mistake.

I know someone that has lost 4kids to SS Anemia.

It might be hard but she should move on.
All of una go dey alright.

1 Like

Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by Frankskaf(f): 10:36pm On Apr 24, 2018
DopeAngel:

Your hatred for the girl will not let you follow any advice given to you here because you are hell bent on destroying the relationship
Don't just come back here and start crying because we know who all these *my sisters *my brothers * are

1 Like

Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by humilitypays(m): 10:36pm On Apr 24, 2018
Your brother is a mad man and the lady doesnt love him, she is just after the i am married status.

They want to become murderers, in fact report them to their church and their pastor or father will warn them and will never wed them!

His whole life savings and future income will be exhausted on weekly or daily treatment...he will always be at alert because crises can start anytime.

He will definitely loose many children if at all one may survive if he or she luckily becomes AS.

The only way they can avoid giving birth to SS is for the wife to go for special blood scan when she is i think 3 - 4 months pregnant or so and if the baby in the womb turns out to be SS, they abort it and try again, which is murder! and this test cost around 500k, is he buoyant enough for that

There are ladies everywhere na, let him forget love,.most men dont marry for love, let him just find a loyal lady of AA genotype and marry and move on with his life.

how many men married who they love Does romantic love even exist at all Love is a fallacy, your brother should wake up o

5 Likes

Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by pinkyruledworld(m): 10:37pm On Apr 24, 2018
They should not just try it. if they do dey gon regret it for d rest of their life
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by nagoma(m): 10:38pm On Apr 24, 2018
eyinjuege:
Its not your relationship, neither is it your business.
The main thing is for both of them to understand the risks involved, and if they're ready to plunge in, goodluck to them.
Your place as a brother is to support. Not dictate, not rule or instruct your brother.
You should learn to respect your brother's choice and wishes. If you're not ready to support him, you can disown him.

Sorry but I have to diagree with you. These intending couple need a profound counseling on the misery they are about to get themselves and their next generation into. We have enough knowledge now to avoid the miserable life stickler children and their parents live. The knowledge is actually given by God and we should use it. They must not marry if they are believers.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by BruncleZuma: 10:39pm On Apr 24, 2018
Some really myopic individuals abound this forum...he's AS she's AS, since when is that a criteria for marriage and happiness...see make una no let me talk my mind for here.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by Dshocker(m): 10:39pm On Apr 24, 2018
DopeAngel:

Tell him all his life savings will finish treating their children in the future
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by emperormossad(m): 10:40pm On Apr 24, 2018
Ask him how many children he aims to have.
Buy equivalent number of coffin(s) and hand them over to him as your wedding gift.
If you don't care for his well being, who will?
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by Nadalmessi: 10:42pm On Apr 24, 2018
What about the pain they want to put their children into.
Re: My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage by Yankee101: 10:43pm On Apr 24, 2018
Tell them to sample the opinion 3 sickle cells patients. It's sheer wickedness. Love will disappear after several crisis management.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Foreign Lady Gives Her Fellow Ladies 5 Tips On Marrying A Nigerian Man (Video / I Found Gynaecosid Tablets On My Supposedly Virgin Girlfriend.. / Bella Don: Nigerian Lady And Her Older White Lover On Facebook (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.