Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,806 members, 7,810,099 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? (23690 Views)

What Feature (s) Is A Must Have For A Partner You Intend To Date Or Marry? / What Do You Say When A Girl Asks Where You Got Her Number From? / My Experience With A Lady I Intend To Settle Down With (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by Zinny25(f): 4:51pm On Apr 24, 2018
I wanna marry for companionship and to have kids
Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by clemz85(m): 4:56pm On Apr 24, 2018
It got the man blessed on a card of 50/50 to get the right woman

But to every one his/her interest
Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by Icon79(m): 5:00pm On Apr 24, 2018
Love ko! Like ni!!

Listen, what people call "love" these days is so highly overrated.

O pari

SoapQueen:
I will end up with my Prince Charming because of love

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by petuniaevents(f): 5:01pm On Apr 24, 2018
We learn everyday.

Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by Icon79(m): 5:01pm On Apr 24, 2018
Depends on how you define companionship.

O pari

Zinny25:

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Apr 24, 2018
[quote author=Stycon post=66992026]

Yeah. I agree with your last statement. But then, what's your own reason for marriage? [/quote/]
Jamb question bro.
I'm not married and I wouldn't enter into a relationship without a very solid foundation of what I'm getting into because I know in the hay days, it is the foundation that will define continuity. Don't want to look back and regret being with the wrong person.
I don't want to engage in a relationship without a proper definition that's y I've been careful.
I hope u are not among those who slam people here

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by Softhands(m): 5:06pm On Apr 24, 2018
If the woman available at the time is peaceful, respectful, understanding and supporting... wetin u wan go dey find for SOKOTO again?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by Mofpearl: 5:07pm On Apr 24, 2018
Companionship and having children are my top reasons. I really look forward to breastfeeding and raising my children.
Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by Malakh: 5:07pm On Apr 24, 2018
99.9% of people in the world don't understand what marriage is about...they think its just about pleasure and having kids..what a waste of time n energy and life

8 Likes

Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by superlanny(m): 5:08pm On Apr 24, 2018
to bleep and be bleeped, shikena
Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Apr 24, 2018
All of you intending to get married because of sex are in for a big surprise! cheesy

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by Victorakats(m): 5:11pm On Apr 24, 2018
For me, friendship... Someone who is intelligent, smart, jovial, and always there for us to grow together and mess around like kids.

I want to get married, simply because there's so much fun and play to share with her.

Whether she's a virgin or a feminist or a purist, I don't care, she should be a human...humane I mean, and she should be smart and creative.

I'm not asking for much... Lol

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by SoapQueen(f): 5:12pm On Apr 24, 2018
Icon79:
Love ko! Like ni!!
Listen, what people call "love" these days is so highly overrated.

O pari
Why are you speaking to me, when I didn't ask you?

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by coldFLARES1(m): 5:12pm On Apr 24, 2018
smiley. After being convinced that my immediate ex and the one i had mental pictures of a life with had hurt me 'irredeemably' and coupled with the fact that i couldn't justifiably explain what would make me remain single when friends, former classmates and course mates were already managing their homes, I had to marry to procreate first. Every other good reason are works-in-progress

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by humilitypays(m): 5:13pm On Apr 24, 2018
chukzyfcbb:
Very simple!
Men marry so they can have regular LEGAL Sex and satisfy the society from tagging them bachelor....

Women marry to have a man take over their financial burden and to have kids.

No more No less.
All those talk about love or co are all bullshi.ts!

As for me....
you got it wrong; men marry to have kids while women marry to have someone to take over their financial burdens and to also have access to legal sex.

Men dont marry for sex....cos men become bored with having sex with just their wife and if its for sex, majority of men wont marry.

Men marry mostly to bear kids; sons to continue their lineage here on earth when they depart earth

11 Likes

Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by Orlatunday11(m): 5:13pm On Apr 24, 2018
The one available and reliable
Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by Qmab: 5:14pm On Apr 24, 2018
I'm not married. I'd get married for companionship. Love is a scam! Marriage in reality needs a more practical approach than the whole mushy mushy lovey-dovey thing.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by Talknochip(m): 5:16pm On Apr 24, 2018
For Love, companionship and Procreation!
Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by donbachi(m): 5:17pm On Apr 24, 2018
Stay single till u clock 50years.and u will get ur answers.
Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by Stycon(m): 5:18pm On Apr 24, 2018
@kingkakaone

Good to know that you will ultimately get married.

It's worth taking your time 'cos you most likely gonna be in it for over half of your existence cool

Slamming
Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by rOsy247(f): 5:19pm On Apr 24, 2018
grin legal gummy body

Have legal shild

Companionship
Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Apr 24, 2018
SoapQueen:
I will end up with my Prince Charming because of love
√√√
Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Apr 24, 2018
the reasons given here are not cogent enough for anyone to comit himself to a lifelong companionship with a single person.

I dont see myself marrying for any of the flimsy reasons above. All i need is the kids and i will get them out of wedluck.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by Icon79(m): 5:21pm On Apr 24, 2018
Bia, are you re-tarded

I wasn't speaking to you. I was responding to your assertions....this is an open forum and I have the rights to respond to anything I please, OK? Got it shocked

#Mugu

O pari

SoapQueen:

Why are you speaking to me, when I didn't ask you?
Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Apr 24, 2018
Stycon:

Why?

More opinion needed

Cc Lalasticlala
Cc MissyB3
Cc Fynestboi
Cc Seun
The y there is too long Mr Man... tell me one thing l can't get as a single fufilled happy free man that marriage can offer me

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Apr 24, 2018
Zinny25:

I believe this to be the best reason why one should get married.
More power to your elbow!
#YouAreNotLazy
Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by odysey: 5:22pm On Apr 24, 2018
Because two can accomplish more together, while companionship, intimacy and love is a big plus I'll want to help my partner fulfill her dreams, hit her goals receive same and Together 'Shake the World'
Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Apr 24, 2018
Hmmm. Marriage!!

Okay....

To everyone who said they will marry for love, what happens wen the one u married tells u after marriage that they don't love you...will you end it?

To all who said sex sex and sex,, what if the one you marry stops giving u good sex after marriage, will u end it?

To all who said children, what if children do not come , will u end it??

To all who said companionship, what if the one you marry suddenly doesn't even recognize your presence, will u end it??

Marriage is not nairaland where u log in and log out , you don't create any type of profile to do anything, you don't follow any type of people you want , you don't just post anything just because u want to be liked...

Marriage is real,,, it is about it respect, about loyalty, about trust, about sincerity, about honesty, about empathy most importantly a desire to make it work..that desire is called commitment..

This is important because , love may fail, sex may fail, companionship may fail, fruitfulness may fail.... but that desire will still keep everything going..

Dear Op, marriage is about asking God for that desire to continue when everything fails,, where that desire succeeds everything that failed will work again

The question should not be why do we want to get married,,it is no longer important in our generation where we marry and unmarry like we changing undies

The question should be why should we/ did we stay married?

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Apr 24, 2018
Cos in d end, it's just you and your partners. Siblings will leave you, parents will leave you even your children will leave you. You only have your partner until death happens.

But chewing gum immature kids of these days can't grasp that.

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by SoapQueen(f): 5:29pm On Apr 24, 2018
Icon79:
Bia, are you re-tarded

I wasn't speaking to you. I was responding to your assertions....this is an open forum and I have the rights to respond to anything I please, OK? Got it shocked

#Mugu

O pari

You think I am going to hurl insults at you in return? Nope. When you are done seeking attention, you will pass like the passerby that you are.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 24, 2018
for companionship
Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by fykes(m): 5:35pm On Apr 24, 2018
I met a lady who wanted to marry me...just me, not for anything else, because she was so fine she could have any man age wanted and she had lots of suitors...her dad didn't want me but she insisted... I wasn't even ready but I knew if I missed out on her, I won't rind her again. I married the only lady I always asked myself what exactly did she see in me? D woman that made a man out of the boy I was.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can You Share A Bed With Your Ex For A Night Without Anything Happening? / Naijasinglegirl Is Recruiting A 'husband' For Valentine / How To Make Your Ex Want You Back After Breakup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.