Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,160 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? (23691 Views)

What Feature (s) Is A Must Have For A Partner You Intend To Date Or Marry? / What Do You Say When A Girl Asks Where You Got Her Number From? / My Experience With A Lady I Intend To Settle Down With (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by emperormossad(m): 9:46pm On Apr 24, 2018
hayzed1090:

So Wats d essence

True honesty between both parties to begin with.
Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by Mryacks: 9:57pm On Apr 24, 2018
kingkakaone:
I think most people marry today because of what they lust after and when their fantasies are satisfied, they get tired of the partner they have and wished they never rushed into such a very complicated decision of a lifetime commitment.
While a lot end in divorce, some (the religious ones) become so boring and filled with regrets.

Not far from the truth....it should be based on “true deep rooted love” and unwavering commitment towards one another
Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by steveDpro: 9:59pm On Apr 24, 2018
cool
Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by 3verblazing(m): 10:03pm On Apr 24, 2018
Biglittlelois:

You cant love someone you live with consistently for a long period of time, it's like an on and off switch, at a point it will be off and what you'll have left is tolerance, understanding, mutual respect etc.
It cant always be rosy.
all u r have listed in bold r the fruits of love... Don't get it twisted
Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by omalichaB(f): 10:03pm On Apr 24, 2018
I will revisit this thread when I eventually get married..... but for now am still single.
Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by Malakh: 10:05pm On Apr 24, 2018
look at this guy o, you don't even know who u r talking to.you must think i'm a xtian, Hebrew of the Hebrews is what I am...If i expounded to you you wouldn't understand that being born again is not what you xtians think it is, really dont wanna talk more about it, i'm still in the process of being born again,it takes years to be transformed and there's a transformation that happens at an instant..im gonna stop here
BdorianGray:

Go Jor.. U can't be sure... Go and meditate...
Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by Malakh: 10:10pm On Apr 24, 2018
It's spiritual and natural but if you have the eyes then you can find the answer in Exo 21:10,Isaiah 30:32,Song of Shlomo 7:10-12 etc without it there will be no salvation for man or woman
BdorianGray:

So while we are at it... What wld be your own reason for matrimony
Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by ogorwyne(f): 10:29pm On Apr 24, 2018
To start a family; kids, husby and the emotional connection that comes with having something as beautiful as a family. Its gonna be a total experience and journey for me when the time comes.
Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Apr 24, 2018
I wanna marry someone I truly love someone I can learn from
Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by trublvr(f): 10:54pm On Apr 24, 2018
I want to marry my fiance because he's what I need, and not what I want.
He's matured, responsible, a great father and provider.
I made a list of character qualities that I desired in a mate over a decade ago and he's fulfilled over 65% of my list. He's not perfect, but neither am I.
He is not the richest, but he's hardworking and I know we'll be rich in future because we both encourage each others hustles. I want to marry him because he is stable. He doesn't play mind games or create unnecessary drama. He's a man that I respect and look up to and I'd be proud to raise children with him.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Apr 24, 2018
SyberKate:
Unlimited early morning s3x grin
chia, this girl has the real answer, can i be giving u that?
Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by piagetskinner(m): 12:02am On Apr 25, 2018
well iv not really gotten a hang of what marriage is all about. but one thing is certain love is not the first thing anybody should look at before considering marriage, but compatibility... are we compatible? do we share the same values, likes etc...then love comes in..

then companionship that's the second one.. the bible says that God said it is not good for man to be alone..that's y he created woman out of man for man..
3 rd reason is to procreate..bring up godly seed
God commanded Adam and Eve to be fruitful and multiply to fill the earth

1 Like

Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by sexdoll: 12:21am On Apr 25, 2018
chenzen:
The y there is too long Mr Man... tell me one thing l can't get as a single fufilled happy free man that marriage can offer me

Nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

Marriage is total rubbish.

Look at so many stupid fools saying they will marry because of sex.

Sex with one person for the rest of your life is the worst type of punishment any man can assign to himself.

I can't even begin to imagine how boring such a life will be.

Marriage only favours women because it adds to their status.

Which is even another reason why I strongly believe the whole idea of marriage is very foolish.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by sexdoll: 12:25am On Apr 25, 2018
trublvr:
I want to marry my fiance because he's what I need, and not what I want.
He's matured, responsible, a great father and provider.
I made a list of character qualities that I desired in a mate over a decade ago and he's fulfilled over 65% of my list. He's not perfect, but neither am I.
He is not the richest, but he's hardworking and I know we'll be rich in future because we both encourage each others hustles. I want to marry him because he is stable. He doesn't play mind games or create unnecessary drama. He's a man that I respect and look up to and I'd be proud to raise children with him.

Highest five years into the whole scam....

He changed.

I don't want to continue.

It's like he deceived me.

Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by Stycon(m): 5:13am On Apr 25, 2018
sexdoll:

He changed.

Nonsense!

So sorry if you experienced the boldened. But, why did you marry him in the first place?
Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by boyjo: 6:44am On Apr 25, 2018
OptimusPrime3:
All of you intending to get married because of sex are in for a big surprise! cheesy

Kindly educate people like us. How are we supposed to know if you won`t teach us so that we can set realistic expectations?

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by boyjo: 6:47am On Apr 25, 2018
emperormossad:
When I'm matured enough for marriage, I'll marry for the right reason.
One thing is certain. I'll get married to the mother of my kids.

Lol, funny you. grin
Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by boyjo: 6:48am On Apr 25, 2018
olujastro:
The older I get, the less I understand the meaning of the word love.
Right now I feel marriage is simply tying the knot with whoever you're dating at the time you are ready to get married. Whoever is the eventual beneficiary at that time ends up as your wife.
That's the way things are looking at the moment. All my fantasies about marriage have been wiped away by reality.

Keep your dreams alive.Those realities are not yours.
Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by boyjo: 7:01am On Apr 25, 2018
gonkin:
I would wanna marry for love, companionship, have my 3 kids and enjoy my life with my wife and kids.

I hate it when a lady wants to get married because her friends are already married. Imagine that, then after i marry she would start giving me attitude and refuse me sex. That's how cheating starts cuz the man is denied sex.

There are many girls out there like that. I just wish to settle with someone that feels me as a part of her. That feeling of having someone in your heart .

I pray God assists me with the right partner cuz the way some people complain of their marriage its like marriage is a bad thing.

I hope to marry someone that will love me more than i love her. Even wowo guy still dey marry na shuu

That guy in your meme is very handsome please.
Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by boyjo: 7:18am On Apr 25, 2018
AkpaMgbor:
I’m getting married because I crave for a lifelong companion/friend..and also to have unhindered sex..I’m not getting married because of kids or who to ‘continue my lineage’....when I’m gone from this earth I won’t be aware if anybody is continuing my lineage or not, I won’t be aware,ashamed or proud of anybody here on earth...I will know NOTHING..but while on earth, I need a companion....

hahaha...I remember one guy in my school that year lol, the guy shared with me how he changed his surname to an English name.
(English because of bigots.)
So I questioned him, "why?". He felt he was a grown man and can take that decision. His dad is late but nonetheless I felt bad for him (dad).
So I tried to reason with my friend, "guy, but why do you think there was rejoicing on the day you were born? Your dad must have rejoiced to have a son to carry on his name...and now you`ve changed it." And he went, "abeg, leave that thing. which name? My dad has lived his life and made his decisions and now is gone and that, is never gonna change. This is my life to live." grin
Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by ImaIma1(f): 7:38am On Apr 25, 2018
My reason was simple. We were tired of saying bye bye and leaving each other every night.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by BdorianGray(m): 8:47am On Apr 25, 2018
Malakh:
look at this guy o, you don't even know who u r talking to.you must think i'm a xtian, Hebrew of the Hebrews is what I am...If i expounded to you you wouldn't understand that being born again is not what you xtians think it is, really dont wanna talk more about it, i'm still in the process of being born again,it takes years to be transformed and there's a transformation that happens at an instant..im gonna stop here

Yes... That's why I quoted you of all posts in the first place.
You seem correct in most of your ideas, but seems u got it mixed up at some point.Or I got confused at some point.

So what part of the world do u hope to meet such lady... ?
Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by Malakh: 9:55am On Apr 25, 2018
the things im saying aint gat nothing to do with a lady, I told you they are spiritual things, figuratively i'm married and so I perform my duties as a "wife" but if you wanna talk about natural women/lady/wife ,scriptures already told you who can find a virtuous woman? they are very rare to find now, a "man" must teach them how to be virtuous that is if the man knows what it means to be virtuous, like Coolio said how can they teach me if they don't understand it and Paul said desiring to be teachers of the law not understanding what they affirm..Anyways those kind of ladies will come in that day when seven women will hold on to one man Isaiah 4
BdorianGray:

Yes... That's why I quoted you of all posts in the first place.
You seem correct in most of your ideas, but seems u got it mixed up at some point.Or I got confused at some point.

So what part of the world do u hope to meet such lady... ?
Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by frugal(m): 10:14am On Apr 25, 2018
ogorwyne:
To start a family; kids, husby and the emotional connection that comes with having something as beautiful as a family. Its gonna be a total experience and journey for me when the time comes.

I'm here...whenever you're ready wink.
Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by ogorwyne(f): 11:13am On Apr 25, 2018
frugal:

I'm here...whenever you're ready wink.
Lol cheesy. No problem.
Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by trublvr(f): 11:39am On Apr 25, 2018
sexdoll:

He changed.

Nonsense!

Wow. You need to stop skipping your meds. Stay blessed, not bitter
Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by Proudlyblack(f): 11:50am On Apr 25, 2018
Cos people are getting married
To have sex
Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by gonkin(m): 11:50am On Apr 25, 2018
boyjo:

That guy in your meme is very handsome please.
Thanks
Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by emperormossad(m): 12:08pm On Apr 25, 2018
boyjo:

Lol, funny you. grin
Abi na. Man must know where him power stop.
Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by emperormossad(m): 12:10pm On Apr 25, 2018
solasoulmusic:
I wanna marry someone I truly love someone I can learn from

Marry me.
Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Apr 25, 2018
emperormossad:

Marry me.
bless
Re: What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? by emperormossad(m): 1:03pm On Apr 25, 2018
solasoulmusic:
bless

grin grin grin
But I'll give you all you desire

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can You Share A Bed With Your Ex For A Night Without Anything Happening? / Naijasinglegirl Is Recruiting A 'husband' For Valentine / How To Make Your Ex Want You Back After Breakup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.