Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 - Travel (118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (808115 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by jonababa: 11:26pm On Dec 17, 2018
maryasek:
Oga Bellong,
Thank you for your kind heart and timely information. From all indications, it seems chance of getting invitation as an Accountant on this Australian Skilled migration program is slim. My hubby studied Business Administration & Management(Bsc) and he has huge experience in customers' service. Are you suggesting he should be PA? Is Customer Service officer on CSOL/SOL? If yes, what is the average point for it? I count on your unbiased judgement?

Please if my spouse studied accounting just like I did but doesn't have work experience, will I be able to claim the spouse points?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by zanyzara: 7:47am On Dec 18, 2018
jonababa:

Please if my spouse studied accounting just like I did but doesn't have work experience, will I be able to claim the spouse points?

I don't know whether an accountant will have positive assessment without work experience. Let's wait for the accounting gurus.

Zany.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by zanyzara: 7:48am On Dec 18, 2018
Toksvik:
thanks bellong for the quick response. i really need the step by step guidance. that's why i asked.
Visit page one of this thread.

Zany.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by zanyzara: 7:54am On Dec 18, 2018
subcbouy:
Hey man, do you think subsea engineer can get assessed under naval architecture thru dublin pathway?
I guessed the subsea engineering is Masters, where did you have your first degree? If your undergraduate is in Nigeria you can't go thorough the accord pathways.

Zany.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by zanyzara: 8:18am On Dec 18, 2018
mostouc:
Hi Guys ,

my assessment is out but not too encouraging. below is the outcome

(Computer Network and Systems Engineer)

IT Officer = 2yrs and 5 months
Snr. IT Officerr = 3yrs and 11 Months

B.Sc (UNN) = AQF Associate Degree with a Major in computing But I Have Master which I did not submit.

Question :

How many point do you think Department of Home Affairs will award me?
Do you think I can still make ?

Yes you can still make it if you are ready to fight.

I believe TRA would have given you the 15points for experience.

You can still claim 15 points for education using your masters even though you didn't use it for your assessment.

Having 20 points in English is now non negotiable.

Check all the states and regions nominating the occupation and apply.

Age 25
Edu 15
Eng: 20
Exp: 10
State nomination: 5
Regional nomination: 10

Total points achievable
189 = 70
190 = 75
489 = 80

So, the ball is in your court. All the best.

Zany.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by zanyzara: 8:31am On Dec 18, 2018
vikmeek:
Hello guyz.

One thing I understand is that, we need to hasten up and get this PR, cos the more time flies, the harder it becomes to cross a good threshold. Back in 2016, my close pal got 189 with just 65 points.

Now I am just thinking the minimum point I need to scale thru for either 189 or 190.

I want to go for Telecommunications Engineer.
I am 28 and single
I have 3 yes work experience, but I might find it hard to price it since its been as a contract staff.
I have written my English test but is not in d 20 mark.

Pls how many points do I need to guarantee 189 or 190 respectively.

Quick response pls.

Thanks guyz
While there is no guarantee, 75 and 70 points for 189 and 190 respectively will give you an ITA.

Zany.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by zanyzara: 8:40am On Dec 18, 2018
eddie30:
Hello guys, I need some help please. i applied for my assessment with EA, and among some of the additional information required, I was asked to provide this. I am kind of confused on how to proceed,. Anyone with a similar experience or idea?

This was the message i got:

Please tell us about your formal Engineering Qualifications.

Please note that if you hold a PhD in Engineering, and if you have applied for the assessment of an Overseas PhD, the documents pertaining to your doctorate degree have to be included in the tab "PhD" and you will not have to upload your documented in this section.

If you have not applied for the additional assessment of your overseas PhD, or if you hold an Australian PhD, then please include the PhD documentation in this section.

Are you assessing PhD? If you are not, just tell them. Let them know you are assessing you bachelor/master degree in course xyz from dy/dx university, from year x to y. Just a brief description of your academic qualification. If there is space for uploading, re-upload your certificate and transcript.

Zany.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by zanyzara: 8:46am On Dec 18, 2018
talross:
Good day everyone. Please am interested in the Australia Permanent residence but I don't know how to go about it. Please can someone put me through.
I have a degree in Economics and MBA
and I am presently a civil servant
married with two kids
my wife holds a degree in computer Engineering and a PDG in mechanical Engineering Also working.

Please I will like to know how to start, also step by step on how to go about it
Kindly start from page 1 of this thread. Come back here if you need further clarification.

Zany.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by zanyzara: 8:47am On Dec 18, 2018
Zi:
Please, those that know and understand the trends please advice me. Thanks
Talk to spyroxy1.

Zany.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by zanyzara: 8:53am On Dec 18, 2018
Casumugha:
Pls @bellong
Can someone with engineering technologist with 5 years work experience, re-apply for electrical engineer?? And would my work experience be reduced.
I have B. Eng in electrical/electronics engineering
And would reassessing cancel the engineering technologist assessment??
You were initially given a technologist because your CDR to them was not top notch. If you can write a convincing CDR you can be assessed as an electrical engineer.

Reducing your experience depends on the fit for purpose of the experience.

You can have more than one assessment, it is left for you to decide which to use.

Zany.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by zanyzara: 9:11am On Dec 18, 2018
gsalvatore:
EA replied my mail..Apologies i know is a long read.
Hmmm. As it is, can you get at least 75points even if you have positive assessment?

ET is highly competitive. I would suggest you explore the student route too.

Zany.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by zanyzara: 9:16am On Dec 18, 2018
korlahwarleh:

DHA
Well, I can't say. DHA scrutiny is more thorough though.

Zany.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by zanyzara: 9:22am On Dec 18, 2018
Techengine:

I hope my story will help/inspire someone. PLEASE DON’T GIVE UP. If I could do it, YOU, yes you too can do it
Congratulations. Go forth and prosper.

Zany.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by subcbouy: 9:59am On Dec 18, 2018
zanyzara:

I guessed the subsea engineering is Masters, where did you have your first degree? If your undergraduate is in Nigeria you can't go thorough the accord pathways.

Zany.
yes, first degree Nigeria, 2nd degree UK. I am looking at the easiest route, though, haven't fully understood how all this works. So, what do you advise? Thanks
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by DoDirtsLikeWorm(m): 10:30am On Dec 18, 2018
jonababa:

If i get this right, you are the PA? And you probably have some experience right?
Your wife can assess her's and be able to give you 5point that you required.
I don't think she having an experience matter.

Others that has passed through the same hurdle will chip in.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by jrapheal: 10:34am On Dec 18, 2018
hello beautiful people, please i need a kind hearted fellow to help me with a few information. i have been silently reading from page 1.
please i am about to start the process, but i dont want to be in a hurry.

i am a radio presenter with over 3 years working experience and am also an Event Host(MC/comedian) with about 6 years experience.

although i studied Electrical/Electronics Engineering HND which i have never practiced at all.

when i checked the list of eligible occupations, i only found Electrical Engineering...

please what can i do to get started? considering the fact that i have never practiced what i studied in school, i only did, during NYSC.

thank you
All your efforts will end in Praise
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Duke83: 12:44pm On Dec 18, 2018
I have submitted application for 189 sept 26, 2018. Please what time is realistic to wait for the grant?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Embassy4u(m): 1:51pm On Dec 18, 2018
How many points are you on? Monthly draw is done 11th of each month. Getting invite depends on your points and your occupation.

Duke83:
I have submitted application for 189 sept 26, 2018. Please what time is realistic to wait for the grant?

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Duke83: 5:13pm On Dec 18, 2018
Thanks embassy for you, but I received ITA 11 August 2018, lodged 26th Sept 2018, Medicals in October 2018. There has been no CO contact till date and I wanted to know what is the time frame to wait for CO contact or direct grant.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Duke83: 7:44pm On Dec 18, 2018
I am new to this thread. Just want to share my experience. Visa type 189, 70 points.
Points breakdown:
Age 25 points
Education 15 points
PTE: 20 points (march 2018 after 4attempts and 2 ielts)
Work experience: 10 points
EA from AIMS ( medical laboratory scientist) April 2018
EOI submitted April 2018
ITA 11th August 2018
Lodgment: 26th Sept 2018
QUESTION: Please when am I expecting CO contact PR visa grant based on current trends for Nigerians applying from offshore?
Please help

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Duke83: 7:48pm On Dec 18, 2018
I am new to this thread. Just want to share my experience. Visa type 189, 70 points.
Points breakdown:
Age 25 points
Education 15 points
EOI submitted April 2018
ITA 11th August 2018
QUESTION: Please when am I expecting CO contact PR visa grant based on current trends for Nigerians applying from offshore?
Please help

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by zanyzara: 8:16pm On Dec 18, 2018
Duke83:
Points breakdown:
Age 25 points
Education 15 points
EOI submitted April 2018
ITA 11th August 2018
Please help

The official processing time as at now is between 8 - 11 months.

However, we have seen cases of just 40days as well as almost 2 years.

Awaiting grant is a true test of one's patience.

You may or may not be contacted by CO.

So relax and wait. It could be sooner or later.

Zany.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by zanyzara: 8:18pm On Dec 18, 2018
subcbouy:
yes, first degree Nigeria, 2nd degree UK. I am looking at the easiest route, though, haven't fully understood how all this works. So, what do you advise? Thanks

Kindly read the first page of this thread to understand how it works.

Zany.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Bamz(m): 9:29pm On Dec 18, 2018
zanyzara:

Yes you can still make it if you are ready to fight.

[s]I believe TRA would have given you the 15points for experience. [/s]

You can still claim 15 points for education using your masters even though you didn't use it for your assessment.

Having 20 points in English is now non negotiable.

Check all the states and regions nominating the occupation and apply.

Age 25
Edu 15
Eng: 20
Exp: 10
State nomination: 5
Regional nomination: 10

Total points achievable
189 = 70
190 = 75
489 = 80

So, the ball is in your court. All the best.

Zany.

Equal to or greater than 5 years and less than 8 years of experience gives 10 points.

vikmeek,

You will need work experience points. I don't know if less than five years experience will fetch any points with EA. If it doesn't, you MUST get a 20 in English.

Duke83,

You should be sipping coconut juice at a beach somewhere. Your grant is closer than you think.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by zanyzara: 9:59pm On Dec 18, 2018
Bamz:
Equal to or greater than 5 years and less than 8 years of experience gives 10 points.

vikmeek,

You will need work experience points. I don't know if less than five years experience will fetch any points with EA. If it doesn't, you MUST get a 20 in English.

He has already assessed his experience with EA (IT Officer = 2yrs and 5 months; Snr. IT Officerr = 3yrs and 11 Months) which equals 6yrs 4 months that gave him the 10 points for experience.

What I was saying is that he could have gotten 15points for experience if he had gone with TRA as he has over 8 years experience.

Zany.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by jonababa: 11:32pm On Dec 18, 2018
zanyzara:

I don't know whether an accountant will have positive assessment without work experience. Let's wait for the accounting gurus.

Zany.
Thanks @Zanny

Accountants please help
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by jonababa: 11:35pm On Dec 18, 2018
DoDirtsLikeWorm:

If i get this right, you are the PA? And you probably have some experience right?
Your wife can assess her's and be able to give you 5point that you required.
I don't think she having an experience matter.

Others that has passed through the same hurdle will chip in.

@DoDirtsLikeWorm you are right I have over 8 years post ICAN qualification. Wife studied accounting too HND but no work experience.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by babstope05: 2:04pm On Dec 19, 2018
For assessing authority,If it is required to provide a statement of account and I am getting the salary in cash. What proof can i provide?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by SleekAanu: 3:09pm On Dec 19, 2018
Good afternoon,

I have gone through this thread and I think I have a little understanding of how things are done.
I am 27 years old, I graduated from OAU with Bsc Accounting.

Presently I work as Resident Manager (it has to do with a private hostel on a university campus)
So I saw the job listed as Accommodation and Hospitality Manager.
The assessing authority is VETASSESS. There is a need in NT for that role. As it is, Visa 489 is the option.

Please, my question now is that is there anyone here who has been assessed for this particular occupation?
Thanks.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Duke83: 3:46pm On Dec 19, 2018
zanyzara:

The official processing time as at now is between 8 - 11 months.

However, we have seen cases of just 40days as well as almost 2 years.

Awaiting grant is a true test of one's patience.

You may or may not be contacted by CO.

So relax and wait. It could be sooner or later.

Zany.
Thanks for the information zany. I am aware of the official waiting times. I just wanted to compare with other Nigerians. I just didn't see any Nigerians on Immitracker in the current year. It also seems that the Indians get it faster at an average of about 3-4 months. Does it have anything to do with the fact that Australia doesn't have a visa processing embassy in West Africa?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Duke83: 3:54pm On Dec 19, 2018
Bamz:

Duke83,

You should be sipping coconut juice at a beach somewhere. Your grant is closer than you think.
Thanks@Bamz cheesy I am grateful, seems I have to get to a beach front like you suggested. I must confess waiting is not easy, the lack of clarity also makes it difficult to make concrete plans.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 19, 2018

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (388) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.