Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,290 members, 7,818,985 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 - Travel (119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (808777 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 8:20pm On Dec 19, 2018
Duke83:
I am new to this thread. Just want to share my experience. Visa type 189, 70 points.
Points breakdown:
Age 25 points
Education 15 points
PTE: 20 points (march 2018 after 4attempts and 2 ielts)
Work experience: 10 points
EA from AIMS ( medical laboratory scientist) April 2018
EOI submitted April 2018
ITA 11th August 2018
Lodgment: 26th Sept 2018
QUESTION: Please when am I expecting CO contact PR visa grant based on current trends for Nigerians applying from offshore?
Please help

The grant will be here soon. Recently, September and October cases are being treated now. So be prepared cos it's here already.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by shupy: 9:00pm On Dec 19, 2018
@Ytechconst Are you aware that you still have do a technical interview if you have positive assessment for documentary evidence? You might have travel to an approved Australian registered trade organization. There's none in Nigeria.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by subcbouy: 11:16pm On Dec 19, 2018
Michaelamo:

The question should be, is Nigeria worth it? You better move fast before them close shop for 489
I hear you, Sir. haha grin
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by luvluvluv: 4:08am On Dec 20, 2018
Someone pls drop the website of austransaction
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 5:45am On Dec 20, 2018
https://www.austransaction.com

luvluvluv:
Someone pls drop the website of austransaction
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by sbjosco: 1:29pm On Dec 20, 2018
Hello house,

Kindly provide insight in this as I have read from the beginning to page 40 & found no answer.

What suggestions on migration path/subclass suitable for someone with experience in Human Resources?

Anyone that has done this successfully or still in the process pls can you respond also so I can get hints from you directly?

Thanks for the anticipated response.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by u3fine(m): 4:19pm On Dec 20, 2018
Good day everyone one. Please what is the cost of getting Police Clearance Certificate here in Nigeria and can I go to my state Police Headquarters? I'm based in Port Harcourt
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Duke83: 7:28pm On Dec 20, 2018
u3fine:
Good day everyone one. Please what is the cost of getting Police Clearance Certificate here in Nigeria and can I go to my state Police Headquarters? I'm based in Port Harcourt

Firstly, where you can get the PCC is specified on the home affairs and skillselect website. From what is there it is only in Alagbon Lagos and Wuse zone 7 in Abuja. (Others can share their experience)
Secondly the official price is usually low but the officers just corner you and based on your bargaining you normally end up at about 10k per person.
Third just ask in your local police station, they all have contacts.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Duke83: 7:34pm On Dec 20, 2018
[quote author=Ytechconst post=73995563]Hello All, please I need your candid advise and input, I’ve been reading silently here and with the help of good people here I’ve been able to start up this Australia process journey. Kudos to you all.

To my questions, What are my chances of landing ITA for 189?

I’ve submitted assessment with TRA for CABINET MAKER around mid October 2018, no feedback yet, but hoping for +ve outcome by January, and I’m studying hard to ensure I get minimum of band score of 7 In IELTS come January, so hopefully by February 2019 I should be entering EOI.

1. Age (32years Nov. 2018) - 30points

2. Work experience(11years Feb. 2018) - 15points

3. Qualification(College diploma & trade test in furniture craft & cabinet making 2004) - 10points

4. IELTS (Projecting Band 7 by January) - 10points

Total points = 65points

My question here is that will I still be able to claim 30points once we are in 2019? Though I will be 33years of age by Nov. 2019.

Also, I’m envisaging to get quick ITA once I enter EOI by February with 65points since the occupational ceiling for Cabinetmaker still stands at 1,421 and with 0 ITA yet to be issued out, is this an advantage?

Please I’m open to advise.

Thanks
[/qu
I think you should be brave and target 20 points for English test. The easiest path is via PTE not IELTS sir.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 20, 2018

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 8:11pm On Dec 20, 2018
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by adaifx: 8:21pm On Dec 20, 2018
Please has any medical doctor gotten grant
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 20, 2018
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by u3fine(m): 9:18pm On Dec 20, 2018
Duke83:

Firstly, where you can get the PCC is specified on the home affairs and skillselect website. From what is there it is only in Alagbon Lagos and Wuse zone 7 in Abuja. (Others can share their experience)
Secondly the official price is usually low but the officers just corner you and based on your bargaining you normally end up at about 10k per person.
Third just ask in your local police station, they all have contacts.
Thanks will find out
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by shupy: 10:19pm On Dec 20, 2018
Ytechconst:

Herein attached you will realize cabinetmaker doesn’t require technical interview.
OK. All the best
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by firpemi(f): 11:58am On Dec 21, 2018
go and do plab.
adaifx:
Please has any medical doctor gotten grant

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Bamz(m): 1:14pm On Dec 21, 2018
Ytechconst:

Thank you my brother, i will try both IELTS and PTE, I find IELTS easy because of its technicality, and I find anything that deals with techniques easy to approach.

Can you elaborate on the bolded? You may just change my mind. I've been taking PTE for the following reasons:

1. Cheaper
2. Popularity with people who need 20 pts
3. Availability of mock tests

Is the 'speaking' part not as difficult as PTE?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 4:50pm On Dec 21, 2018
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Cottyekundayo(m): 3:33am On Dec 22, 2018
Bamz:

Can you elaborate on the bolded? You may just change my mind. I've been taking PTE for the following reasons:

1. Cheaper
2. Popularity with people who need 20 pts
3. Availability of mock tests

Is the 'speaking' part not as difficult as PTE?

PTE eliminates the human factor that comes with IELTS. The part that doesn't really count on the IELTS is your listening and reading cos the answers are quite straightforward except in rare cases where you just need make sense with your answer.
Your speaking and writing depends on who is marking also. While you may feel you have done well the reader or whoever is listening to your speech may feel like "you be learner".

However with PTE... I think it's an algorithm.
So the system and test was developed based on "if then else" (programming).
So what I tell people going for the test is... You are out to beat the system; usually by including key words in the relevant task(s).
My first IELTS attempt was a 7.5 and my friend mentioned to me... "If you take the PTE... You gonna smash a 90", lo and behold I smash smasher smashest.

Just practice. You go fine!

7 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by BKings: 12:33pm On Dec 22, 2018
Cottyekundayo:

PTE eliminates the human factor that comes with IELTS. The part that doesn't really count on the IELTS is your listening and reading cos the answers are quite straightforward except in rare cases where you just need make sense with your answer.
Your speaking and writing depends on who is marking also. While you may feel you have done well the reader or whoever is listening to your speech may feel like "you be learner".

So what I tell people going for the test is... You are out to beat the system; usually by including key words in the relevant task(s).
My first IELTS attempt was a 7.5 and my friend mentioned to me... "If you take the PTE... You gonna smash a 90", lo and behold I smash smasher smashest.

Chai. I wish this exam can be taken for someone I for say make you help me. I didn't even score 79 in any of the bands. My highest was 69. I will kukuma manage it for my assessment till I'm ready for more points
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by 123Rock321: 12:44am On Dec 24, 2018
Hello All, kindly assit with guidance, advise and channels to obtain the required goals. Good folks please my details are below

Discipline: Elect Elect Eng BSc
IELTS: 7.5
Work experience: 8 yrs

How do I to start up this Australia process journey?
Do I stand any chance at all?

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by WilliamxG(m): 6:54am On Dec 24, 2018
Good morning guys.
Seasons greetings...Been doing some research but haven't found a suitable response.

Submitted application (ITA) with passport due to expire in six months... Plan to renew passports asap, however in other not to increase waiting time, I'm wondering if should I update my application with new passport details before 'or after' a grant is received.

Appreciate your responses/reason.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by flyca: 8:33am On Dec 24, 2018
123Rock321:
Hello All, kindly assit with guidance, advise and channels to obtain the required goals. Good folks please my details are below

Of course you stand a chance. Lol
Go and get an assessment from EA. That should be the beginning of your journey since you have written English Test.

You need to state all your points in Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing to get further help.

However, for DHA, you must get at least a 7 in all the four skills to earn 10 points. And at least an 8 in all the four skills to earn 20 points.

Also are you married? What is your spouse's occupation. Those need to be put into consideration too.

Let the journey begin. Cheers.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by 123Rock321: 11:25am On Dec 24, 2018

Listening(7.5), Reading 8, Writing(7.5), Speaking(7.5)

My wife is a pharmacist.

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by flyca: 1:40pm On Dec 24, 2018
123Rock321:

Listening(7.5), Reading 8, Writing(7.5), Speaking(7.5)

My wife is a pharmacist.

English = 10 points (try and max it at 20 points)
Age = 25 points
Education = 15 points
Relevant work experience = ? (Check with EA)
If all your 8 years are related to Electrical Engineering and you have all the relevant documents to claim them, you will earn 15 points.
Spouse = no point

Three types of working visa available are visas 189, 190 and 489. Begin your journey. Goodluck!
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by diamondesther: 7:57pm On Dec 24, 2018
Good evening everyone.
Pls does anyone know Dr who has migrated to Aussie.
I hear its a Herculean task for Dr's to go directly sovan alternate pathway is to as for health related jobs and get PR after assessment by Vetasses .
Pls any help on information for how a doctor can get PR?. Thanks
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by sbjosco: 4:22pm On Dec 25, 2018
sbjosco:
Hello house,

Kindly provide insight in this as I have read from the beginning to page 40 & found no answer.

What suggestions on migration path/subclass suitable for someone with experience in Human Resources?

Anyone that has done this successfully or still in the process pls can you respond also so I can get hints from you directly?

Thanks for the anticipated response.

Please I need help with this, any suggestions?

Thank you.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by shacore10: 7:13pm On Dec 25, 2018
Merry Christmas guys
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by fame12k(m): 9:47pm On Dec 25, 2018
diamondesther:
Good evening everyone.
Pls does anyone know Dr who has migrated to Aussie.
I hear its a Herculean task for Dr's to go directly sovan alternate pathway is to as for health related jobs and get PR after assessment by Vetasses .
Pls any help on information for how a doctor can get PR?. Thanks

I find it so hard to comprehend what u wrote.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Umegoejiofor(m): 4:28am On Dec 26, 2018
Good day,I will be 40years by April 2019.a business man in Lagos. Sell electronics and services. Ssce holder.please which subclass can I apply through or did I have any chance to apply for Australia PR?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by beckini89: 8:58am On Dec 26, 2018
This is so true

Cottyekundayo:

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by adamsomotola(m): 8:27pm On Dec 26, 2018
Good evening house..i need to know what next to do to claim more point...i alrdy have 55 point including 10 point from my pte...so am hoping to get extra 5 point from state nomination...to make it 60 point but i guess i need 65 point before i can get an invite.
My question us that what elsr can i do to claim more
Point to my 55 point...
Gurus in the aws plz help

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (388) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.