Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,632 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (806895 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Akachukwu123: 6:38pm On May 18, 2018
Yes bro! You can get a positive assessment without bank statements. Provide evidence like pay slips with your company's letter head and let your boss write with same letter headed paper.
You MAY not even require points from work experience to get ITA.

Cheers
Xenyth:
Am a civil engineer with 5 years experience in civil engineering consultancy in Nigeria. I have bachelor degree in civil engineering. Am 30yrs, ielts 8. Married with one daughter. I want to ask is it possible to have positive response from engineer Australia without submitting bank statements. Considering the fact that I work at a company where they paid us in cash. I complained to my boss and he said he can write to explain the issue to engineer Australia to submit my application... I need your advice
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Jpandjp1: 9:22pm On May 18, 2018
Hello house, salute to all the elders in the house.

My profile:
Age.............25
Degree........15
Work Exp.....0
Ielts(academics)............10 (7 in all after several attempts)

Total is 50

I am applying as an accountant general-221111 with BSc(2004), ACCA(Dec 2014), MBA (Nov 2015). My assessment with CPAA was positive but i can't claim any point for work experience as my Bsc was assessed as an associate degree while ACCA was just acknowledged and MBA as a degree. My 11 years of working experience has been discounted to start from Nov 2015 since only MBA was assessed to be a degree.
From this assessment, i have less than 3 years of skilled experience so i can't claim any point for work experience yet until Nov.

My options:

-I want to appeal/query while my ACCA was only acknowledged and it wasn'tnot assessed
- I don't know if other bodies like ICAA and IPA will access my ACCA if that can give me 5 points.
- Wifey is a medical doctor, i want her to do assessment if that can give 5 points, but it seems it is a bit difficult for doctors to be assessed. I
would need the assistance from the gurus here.
-visa 190, 489

I need your guidance here.

Tanx
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by pdlibra: 10:41pm On May 18, 2018
Are you sure you logged into EA's original site. Because registration and logging in doesn't take time, i got my verification mail immediately.

Here is the link to the EA's site https://www.engineersaustralia.org.au/portal/user/login?destination=home.
You can register again or click on "register for password".

wazilo:
How long does it take for EA to accepted just registration for login to their site

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by pdlibra: 11:02pm On May 18, 2018
Hello house,

I got this feedback from EA for my experience assessment:

1, For NYSC, please provide:
1 - Social security for this period of employment.
2 - Electronic Tax Clearance Certificate Card for the whole period of employment.
Otherwise, this period of employment will not be recognized.

2, For upto 6 years job experience:
Please provide Electronic Tax Clearance Certificate Card for the whole period of employment at ......

Please note - Am not working in Lagos State.

Please, i need advice on how to respond to it.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 11:15pm On May 18, 2018
pdlibra:

Hello house,

2 - Electronic Tax Clearance Certificate Card for the whole period of employment.

Please provide Electronic Tax Clearance Certificate Card for the whole period of employment at ......

This guys forgot that we're leaving in naija...which employer go give all these things wea dem the talk self?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by wazilo: 12:02am On May 19, 2018
Thank you so much @pd libra,now I got it thanks

pdlibra:
Are you sure you logged into EA's original site. Because registration and logging in doesn't take time, i got my verification mail immediately.

Here is the link to the EA's site https://www.engineersaustralia.org.au/portal/user/login?destination=home.
You can register again or click on "register for password".

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Dikachi12: 1:52am On May 19, 2018
Why did u put NYSC in ur application.. Or they just asked you to provide fr NYSC on there own....?
Fr Tax didn't you submit your Tax certificates?
pdlibra:

Hello house,

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Adebowalecedrus: 2:23am On May 19, 2018
I want to use this priviledge to salute the able elders in this forum for this great thread, God bless you and give you all your heart desires. Please i need your help on this issue, I am a 28 years old Nigeria planing to migrate to Australia, Am a Geologist and when checking through the criteria for Visa type sub class 190 I was bothered on how to go about with the work experience, I finished in 2015 and I started practicing as a geologist in a geological firm on contract base, i got paid per work mostly with direct hand to hand cash so no black and white proof of payment, 1n 2016 i left the company to registered my own company and i started practicing till date. my question now is
1. Can I add all these experience together because that is when i can have the minimum 3 yrs experience required
2. What proof can i collect from my previous employer because he is ready to help in any form
3. What proof can i Present for practicing as geologist on my own. I have my certificate of registration with the corporate affairs commission payment of annual returns receipt, am registered with Federal inland revenue, have a Tin number for my company and few VAT receipt for this year only. Thanks
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by OBYNOWEST12(m): 9:52am On May 19, 2018
Frank please can you chat me up privately let's talk.. Another radiographer in the house.. Unizik.. That's my email
Chinedum440@yahoo.com.

But let me break down your points for you
Age 31 =30
Education Bsc =15
Experience 6yrs =10points
English = 20 points
Total = 75 points.
If your wife assess as accountant, you will get extra 5 points making it 80 points, but no need for that 75 is good enough already.

For a Medical Profession that is only about 2% filled for the year, I guess you will land a grant immediately you apply, you just have to calmly start the process, Congrats your grant is almost certain. For our assessing body, you need to write Eng test before you can submit for assesement so I guess you have to start there, I have a lot more info, we need to connect in pm, congrats bro!!![/quote]

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by jazinogold(m): 11:46am On May 19, 2018
Adebowalecedrus:
I want to use this priviledge to salute the able elders in this forum for this great thread, God bless you and give you all your heart desires. Please i need your help on this issue, I am a 28 years old Nigeria planing to migrate to Australia, Am a Geologist and when checking through the criteria for Visa type sub class 190 I was bothered on how to go about with the work experience, I finished in 2015 and I started practicing as a geologist in a geological firm on contract base, i got paid per work mostly with direct hand to hand cash so no black and white proof of payment, 1n 2016 i left the company to registered my own company and i started practicing till date. my question now is
1. Can I add all these experience together because that is when i can have the minimum 3 yrs experience required
2. What proof can i collect from my previous employer because he is ready to help in any form
3. What proof can i Present for practicing as geologist on my own. I have my certificate of registration with the corporate affairs commission payment of annual returns receipt, am registered with Federal inland revenue, have a Tin number for my company and few VAT receipt for this year only. Thanks
Baba no state is nominating geologist....which university did you attend?

I'll advice you to prepare for ielts now while u wait for July 1st wen a new financial calendar commence to know if some states will nominate geologist
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 1:05pm On May 19, 2018
jazinogold:
Baba no state is nominating geologist....which university did you attend?

I'll advice you to prepare for ielts now while u wait for July 1st wen a new financial calendar commence to know if some states will nominate geologist
v
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Michaelamo: 1:10pm On May 19, 2018
Akachukwu123:
Yes bro! You can get a positive assessment without bank statements. Provide evidence like pay slips with your company's letter head and let your boss write with same letter headed paper.
You MAY not even require points from work experience to get ITA.

Cheers

Yeah, if he is not thinking about 189. If he is, then that experience point is needed badly.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by kech1981(f): 1:15pm On May 19, 2018
Hi eveyone,i have just been reading posts from accountants,engineers and other sciences proffessionals on this forum. I am a lawyer but i am discouraged because it seems there are no chances for Nija lawyers in Australia as i have not seen any lawyers showing interest in migration on this forum.Though solicitors, judicial and other officers in which category i fall are part of the occupations list.Somehow i feel i have no guidance.Oga Bellong and others pls help.Any info about solicitors and judicial or other legal proffessionals in Australia?Thanks
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by praiseisgood: 3:55pm On May 19, 2018
feelzee:
Hello praiseisgood, does that mean that B.Sc in state universities are not rated at all.
Also you said u sent in both ur bachelor degree and ICAN , Did u get separate points for them ?

No sir/madam.

I think 4-year course in most (if not all) state Universities is rated as Associate Degree which can only fetch 10 points as against Bachelor's Degree (15 points). Some occupations demand you have equivalent of Australian Bachelor's Degree. You may reach out to @lawland for the tier your school falls into.

I did not get separate points. The maximum point on Education for me is 15 points as both the ICAN (membership) and B.Sc were assessed to be equivalent to Australian Bachelor's Degree.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by feelzee: 4:25pm On May 19, 2018
Thanks bro, really an eye opener.
But can I at least get the 5 points from a state University for my spouse so as to add to my scores.[quote author=praiseisgood post=67697177]

No sir/madam.

I think 4-year course in most (if not all) state Universities is rated as Associate Degree which can only fetch 10 points as against Bachelor's Degree (15 points). Some occupations demand you have equivalent of Australian Bachelor's Degree. You may reach out to @lawland for the tier your school falls into.

I did not get separate points. The maximum point on Education for me is 15 points as both the ICAN (membership) and B.Sc were assessed to be equivalent to Australian Bachelor's Degree.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by praiseisgood: 4:34pm On May 19, 2018
^^^
She only needs positive assessment (education) and having her occupation on the same list with yours. Is she an Accountant / Auditor? If yes, she may go with ICAA (CAAZ). Please check out @toslad).
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by praiseisgood: 4:40pm On May 19, 2018
Chino18:
Please I need advise on uploading my transcript to CPA which is one of assessment bodies for Accountants. I have photocopies of my transcript I used for other institutions in the past. Can I use them or do I requested for another one from my school specifically for CPA.
Thanks

Photocopies are not acceptable. Only original copy (which may be black and white but the stamp will be in colour).

Hope you are adding your ICAN transcripts as well?. It is better to submit all relevant documents to avoid going back for review of assessment. I am not too certain if UNIBEN is a tier 1 school (gurus should please weigh in on this). It's better to play safe.

We will get there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by safex(m): 11:07pm On May 19, 2018
Good evening house. I need guidance on how to go about this immigration. I have ICAN ATS 2010, HND Accountancy 2012 (no ND), BSc Accounting 2017 & ICAN ACA 2012.
With 4+ years of professional experience, what is my fate? Though I have done a rough assessment and I scored 60 points.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by jazinogold(m): 11:35pm On May 19, 2018
praiseisgood:

Photocopies are not acceptable. Only original copy (which may be black and white but the stamp will be in colour).

Hope you are adding your ICAN transcripts as well?. It is better to submit all relevant documents to avoid going back for review of assessment. I am not too certain if UNIBEN is a tier 1 school (gurus should please weigh in on this). It's better to play safe.

We will get there.
uniben is Tier 2
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Rapture07: 12:06am On May 20, 2018
I have a friend who graduated with a microbiology degree, he has 6yrs experience as a quality assurance manager and has 9yrs as a poultry farmer the experience as a poultry farmer is his own personal business. Both quality assurance manager and poultry farmer are both assessed by vetassess. Pls guys which of this occupations can give him a positive assessment considering his course of study.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by KubwaBoy: 1:05pm On May 20, 2018
Adebowalecedrus:
Can we talk/ chat? Give me your contact
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Adebowalecedrus: 4:34pm On May 20, 2018
Pls guys I need help with mine, pls I need ur advice my ogas
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by jayooh: 11:38pm On May 20, 2018
Sylverkachi:
please my ppl I need help on this.

can i claim point with a Graduate Engineer Training program?(1yr duration).
I have the following as evidence:
(a) Bank statement
(b) Reference letter.
(c) Tax clearance (although tax wasn't paid but I want to pay fr it).
(d) offer letter

My fear is
(a) No pay slip (it was paid in the bank).
(b) In my offer letter, it was stated that I will be paid #......... STIPEND. so I dnt no if the word 'STIPEND' will be an issue.

Payslip can be designed, but because it's a stipend that's where the problem lie.

You shouldn't have much problem claiming the training period because some people have claimed interns up periods as work experience, just wait for them to advise on how to go about it.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by kech1981(f): 1:03am On May 21, 2018
Hello people, pls does NYSC period count as work experience for VETASSESS?Has anyone had their NYSC period of primary assignment assessed? I am in the process of getting my place of primary assignment to provide me reference letter. Would they count as employers? It is a state government ministry.Does the service year count as work experience? I would appreciate your responses so i can be guided on whether i should take the pains to get the reference letter or not.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by humility101: 8:44am On May 21, 2018
piusford:
@Beckini89, don't quote long passages , it only makes reading the thread difficult.

As regards your question, go to aims website and follow instructions. It's easy.
You need your academic transcript, degree result, not less than two years work experience in the position with proofs, such as payslips, reference letter from current employment and previous employers, and an assessment fee receipt.

sorry for asking,will there be need to include WAEC certificate?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by toslad: 9:05am On May 21, 2018
I am not sure how HND plus ATS would count but if you are going to assess your BSc, you may not get points for work experience. It is quite dicey but you have nothing to lose if you send all your documents to CAAnz for assessment.

My opinion though.

safex:
Good evening house. I need guidance on how to go about this immigration. I have ICAN ATS 2010, HND Accountancy 2012 (no ND), BSc Accounting 2017 & ICAN ACA 2012.
With 4+ years of professional experience, what is my fate? Though I have done a rough assessment and I scored 60 points.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by humility101: 9:07am On May 21, 2018
jazinogold:
uniben is Tier 2
what about UNN
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Sylverkachi: 9:34am On May 21, 2018
jayooh:

Payslip can be designed, but because it's a stipend that's where the problem lie.

You shouldn't have much problem claiming the training period because some people have claimed interns up periods as work experience, just wait for them to advise on how to go about it.

Ok. Thanx alot
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 10:19am On May 21, 2018
Please friends I've been trying to get the equivalence of the 880 AUS Dollar for skill assessment to the naira. I'm about paying mine so if you paid recently, how much is it please?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by afosahid: 11:14am On May 21, 2018
For NYSC, if you dont provide the requested tax certificate or the other docs as requested, they will not recognize that period of employment. Same thing happened to me. The risk here is minimal as this is just one year. So even if deducted, you will not be dropping any points based on the 10 points you are eligible for from 7 years work experience claimed.

For the remaining 6 years, did you submit payslips and bank statements? Was there any tax or pension deductions shown on your payslip? if yes, were these monies remitted to the right agencies of government?

If no, you can write a cover letter explaining your circumstance as to why you are unable to provide the requested tax or pension documents.

PM me for further details

pdlibra:

Hello house,

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by simeonaussie: 11:36am On May 21, 2018
Dear Accountants in the house. Would BSc. from Oxford Brookes University in Applied Accounting be assessed as Associates Degree or Full degree?
Anyone who has been assessed should help me with answer to enable me to know my next action.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (388) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.