Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,719 members, 7,813,369 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (806225 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by jayooh: 6:13pm On May 23, 2018
horlakay:
[quote author=jayooh post

thank u bro, because i dont have relevant work experience inline with my first degree. getting the required point for my occupation would be difficult.
i can claim two years work experience in construction project managment. which would aid the australian degree.
that was why i opted for student visa route.
if i use pr
english(if i resit):20point
degree: 15point
that is just 65points and i need atleast 70points

You still have chances of state/territory nomination. Worst thing is that after the whole masters, you will still go through this same PR procedure, if it hasn't become more cumbersome by then.
So, why not dust it now?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 6:33pm On May 23, 2018
@planofGod,

Is your 3yrs post PhD qualification? If yes, you should be able to get positive assessment. You only need to package your job descriptions in line with Anzsco descriptions.

You should rewrite English test for a 20 point score.

Any experience in estate management?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 7:57pm On May 23, 2018
kech1981:

Thank you so much for your response.Yes,i have been a lawyer for 12years here.But my work experience is with the judiciary as a magistrate for 5 years out of this 12years.My spouse is already disadvantaged by age.He is 53 and im 37. so he cant be the principal applicant.Please can you give me other ideas on how i can get around this? I have had my call to bar and degree certificates already couriered to VETASSESS.I have gotten my employers to do me a reference letter. And i have also contacted other previous employers to do same too.Infact,i have commenced the assessment process.Pls What do you advise i do at this point?

Vetasses is not the body responsible for assessing legal professionals. I don't understand why you sent your documents to vetasses.

What you can do is to recall your documents and don't pay if you are yet to pay.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 8:08pm On May 23, 2018
[quote author=Christyline post=67790178][/quote]

I think he should be the principal applicant. He can nominate primary health organisation manager if he has had experience in primary healthcare. He can tailor his job descriptions after Anzsco description for the occupation.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 8:09pm On May 23, 2018
bettyLad:

studied accounting , he is a business man ,into sales of cars, cargo and logistics . registered with CAC and also into company partnership in the UAE , based in UAE and also do come to Nigeria for his business, He wish to relocate too so I don't know which category he falls in .

I can't think of any occupation right now. Maybe you should explore Canada, they have more occupations on their list.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by PlanofGod: 1:50am On May 24, 2018
bellong:
@planofGod,

Is your 3yrs post PhD qualification? If yes, you should be able to get positive assessment. You only need to package your job descriptions in line with Anzsco descriptions.

You should rewrite English test for a 20 point score.

Any experience in estate management?

@bellong

Thank you for the reply. Yes, my 3yrs experience is post PhD qualification.

I'm sceptical because I don't want to commit resources to vetassess and get a negative assessment, or my 3yrs experience gets deducted as @Prolivingproof suggests:

"At least one year will still be deducted from your work experience period by Vetassess. so getting 5 points from work experience may not possibly be feasible presently".

Yes, I do have estate management experience, however it is pre PhD, and more than 10yrs ago - please, why do you ask?

In regards to resitting the IELTS exam, my fund's quite limited. To this effect, do you think I stand a chance for the subclass 190 with my current projected score of 60 points, and what are the downsides compared to the subclass 189?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Christyline: 8:30am On May 24, 2018
[quote author=bellong post=67818240]

@bellong

Thanks for your timely response.

My husband doesn't have any experience in Primary health care. He however has a Post graduate diploma in Anaesthesia, he has been working in Anaesthesia department for about 7 years now. He is 44 years old, I hope this won't be a disadvantage?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Chiking0001: 8:47am On May 24, 2018
Dave4eva:
Guys,
please, has anyone experienced this before? While trying to pay for EA assessment using first bank card linked to a Dom account (Dollar), I got a message of invalid transaction on the site. I tried severally and was getting same message. I called the bank and I was told that because the site does not request further security (card pin or one time password), firstbank will not allow the transaction to go through for security reasons. That except I visit the bank to fill a form to indemnify the bank, I can't proceed with the transaction. (Though the EA payment portal is a secured site starting with https://..........

Did anyone experience this scenario? Please I need some guidance to pass through this dilemma and I will apprreciate this

Thanks
Yea,I experienced it too.contact lawlad or pm me
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by olumuyiwaoke(f): 8:54am On May 24, 2018
Contact @lawland had the same issue
Dave4eva:
Guys,

Thanks
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 9:11am On May 24, 2018
Dave4eva:
Guys,
please, has anyone experienced this before? While trying to pay for EA assessment using first bank card linked to a Dom account (Dollar), I got a message of invalid transaction on the site. I tried severally and was getting same message. I called the bank and I was told that because the site does not request further security (card pin or one time password), firstbank will not allow the transaction to go through for security reasons. That except I visit the bank to fill a form to indemnify the bank, I can't proceed with the transaction. (Though the EA payment portal is a secured site starting with https://..........

Did anyone experience this scenario? Please I need some guidance to pass through this dilemma and I will apprreciate this

Thanks
I'm at this stage too.
Please what is the equivalent of the money for EA to the naira?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 9:13am On May 24, 2018
jj
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Dave4eva: 10:13am On May 24, 2018
Thank you @Chiking001.
Chiking0001:

Yea,I experienced it too.contact lawlad or pm me
@DABMarkNig2019 I'm not so sure what the equivalent money in naira would be as it depends on the rate on the day payment is made but its AUD$1,085 (standard) plus AUD$295 (If fast track service is needed).
DABMarkNig2019:

I'm at this stage too.

Sure it is @Christyline. Thanks.
Christyline:

Thanks

Some banks require you fill an indemnity form to be able to do online (FX) transaction and I think First bank is one of such banks.

Just walk into any of their branches to do this, it shouldn't take more than 20mins.

GTB and some other banks do not require an indemnity as you would be sent an OTP when you do online transactions.

I hope this is helpful.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Fruitfulmum17: 11:39am On May 24, 2018
DABMarkNig2019:

why applying as pharmacy technician as a pharmacist? it's best you apply to the KAPS to check for eligibility assessment

Thank you for your response. The reason for applying as a pharmacist technician is because of finance. the process of assessing as a pharmacist is so money involving. How do I check for eligibility assessment ?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Fruitfulmum17: 11:42am On May 24, 2018
olumuyiwaoke:
WHY do you want to assess as a technician and not as a pharmacist....

Applying as a pharmacist involves a lot of money. its not something that I can foot
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by olumuyiwaoke(f): 12:01pm On May 24, 2018
Are you sure pharm technician is on the list? research well ooo, where do you work. if you deprive yourself of somethings and make this a priority you can archive it by next year October(kAPS) its still the easiest and cheapest route amidst the first world countries.......i know its not easy...going through the KAPS route is better...
Fruitfulmum17:

Applying as a pharmacist involves a lot of money. its not something that I can foot
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by olumuyiwaoke(f): 12:02pm On May 24, 2018
Are you sure pharm technician is on the list? research well ooo, where do you work. if you deprive yourself of somethings and make this a priority you can archive it by next year October(kAPS) its still the easiest and cheapest route amidst the first world countries.......i know its not easy...the KAPS route is better...
Fruitfulmum17:

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Fruitfulmum17: 12:06pm On May 24, 2018
how can I send a PM to you? I don't really know how to do that.

Pharnta:

Welcome on board.Send me a PM.I can be of help.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Fruitfulmum17: 12:11pm On May 24, 2018
thank you for your response. But do you have any information or web links that can be of help to me so that I can dig deep into following the route of assessing as a pharmacist. Be rest assured that pharmacy/dispensary technician is currently on the list. you can check in general professional occupations the code is 311215. I work in a hospital.
are you a pharmacist as well?

olumuyiwaoke:
Are you sure pharm technician is on the list? research well ooo, where do you work. if you deprive yourself of somethings and make this a priority you can archive it by next year October(kAPS) its still the easiest and cheapest route amidst the first world countries.......i know its not easy...the KAPS route is better...
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Fruitfulmum17: 12:14pm On May 24, 2018
Hi Pharm, Please have you done any form of credential assessment? please kindly help me with the process.

inagbe1:
Please i am also a Pharmacist and i am having serious problem traveling out of the country to write the KAPS exam. I will be very grateful if you can suggest an alternative pathway
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 12:15pm On May 24, 2018
Fruitfulmum17:

Thank you for your response. The reason for applying as a pharmacist technician is because of finance. the process of assessing as a pharmacist is so money involving. How do I check for eligibility assessment ?
You're right about the finance thing. Another challenge is the fact that Nigeria has no centre where KAPS is taken. African centres are in Egypt and south Africa.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Fruitfulmum17: 12:18pm On May 24, 2018
please how were you able to get your assessment with vettasses? what documents did you provide them with?

Pharnta:

Exam ke? I no get that kind money o.na him make me go pharmacy technician way.I go do exam after landing at my convenience.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 12:19pm On May 24, 2018
Dave4eva:
Guys,

Thanks
check austransaction.com
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by olumuyiwaoke(f): 12:34pm On May 24, 2018
Search for Australian Pharmacy Council the site contains all the info you will be needing and i think they are more straight forward than almighty VETASSES, presently we are only able to migrate on state nomination visa(190 AND 4890 AS IT STANDS MOST STATES HAVE CLOSED FOR US..HOPING TOWARDS JULY 1]...use the pharmacy code to check anzco ...that site as all the info you need...register so you can gain assess as much info as you want for free. as a hospital pharm esp if u work with the govt funds shouldn't be too stressful..you can join cooperatives....save 366k towards assessing your docs then 1m for the exam(KAPS) , travel expenses and accommodation ..
Fruitfulmum17:

thank you for your response. But do you have any information or web links that can be of help to me so that I can dig deep into following the route of assessing as a pharmacist. Be rest assured that pharmacy/dispensary technician is currently on the list. you can check in general professional occupations the code is 311215. I work in a hospital.
are you a pharmacist as well?

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Fomskie(f): 2:01pm On May 24, 2018
Please I need guidance in writing the ACS Recognition of Prior Learning Report so I can assess with ACS as Quality Assurance Engineer. Anytime I pick up the project template, I get more confused. I just don't know where to start. I previously assessed as an External Auditor with CPA Australia but got a negative assessment and was told I didn't meet one of the competency areas. I had the option of writing Financial Accounting and Reporting paper to obtain a positive assessment but that would mean all my experience no longer counts so I won't score any points for experience. It didn't seem like a very viable option at the time because I needed all the points I could get as age was not on my side + I was aiming for a 189. Moreover, most States require post qualification experience of 2 - 3 years before they will nominate you for External/Internal Auditor. Right now I'm looking for 489 anyhow but finding very hard to get past this stage of RPL report writing. Please help somebody! I really need guidance with this. Secondly, hubby has nominated Financial institution branch manager which is on the Regional Occupation List. Does anyone have experience with this occupation. Graçias�
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by fatima04: 2:08pm On May 24, 2018
DABMarkNig2019:

I'm at this stage too.

I used normal Gt naira acct to pay for someone like 2weeks ago and I was charged 283naira per 1 aud. U can check abokifx to make your deductions.

No OTP was even required, which was good and scary at d same time grin
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Christyline: 2:20pm On May 24, 2018
[quote author=bellong post=67818240]

@bellong

Thanks for your timely response.

My husband doesn't have any experience in Primary health care. He however has a Post Graduate diploma in Anaesthesia, he has been working in Anaesthesia department for about 7 years now. He is 44 years old, I hope this won't be a disadvantage?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 3:34pm On May 24, 2018
olumuyiwaoke:
there's no KAPS centre in Nigeria.
The registration fee is on the high side too.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Fruitfulmum17: 3:56pm On May 24, 2018
You are right about APC process been more straight forward than Vettasses. But I don't know how easy to get a visa to sit for KAPS exam in any of their center outside of Australia. please assuming after the exam the assessment letter is been issued to me , which of the visa subclass can I apply for?

olumuyiwaoke:
Search for Australian Pharmacy Council the site contains all the info you will be needing and i think they are more straight forward than almighty VETASSES, presently we are only able to migrate on state nomination visa(190 AND 4890 AS IT STANDS MOST STATES HAVE CLOSED FOR US..HOPING TOWARDS JULY 1]...use the pharmacy code to check anzco ...that site as all the info you need...register so you can gain assess as much info as you want for free. as a hospital pharm esp if u work with the govt funds shouldn't be too stressful..you can join cooperatives....save 366k towards assessing your docs then 1m for the exam(KAPS) , travel expenses and accommodation ..
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by olumuyiwaoke(f): 4:21pm On May 24, 2018
why go to Aussie to write when you can apply to Dubai, UK , South Africa...the T-fare to Aussie no be here...you can do Dubai that will also serve as vacay...but Dubai fills up in a twinkle of an eye (like minutes after the portal for exam reg is opened)
Fruitfulmum17:
You are right about APC process been more straight forward than Vettasses. But I don't know how easy to get a visa to sit for KAPS exam in any of their center outside of Australia. please assuming after the exam the assessment letter is been issued to me , which of the visa subclass can I apply for?

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by olumuyiwaoke(f): 4:22pm On May 24, 2018
yes i know, the centres are outside Nigeria even outside West Africa...
DABMarkNig2019:

there's no KAPS centre in Nigeria.
The registration fee is on the high side too.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by olumuyiwaoke(f): 4:24pm On May 24, 2018
i thought you had paid for assessment ? @DABMarkNig2019:
olumuyiwaoke:
yes i know, the centres are outside Nigeria even outside West Africa...
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 4:45pm On May 24, 2018
olumuyiwaoke:
i thought you had paid for assessment ? @DABMarkNig2019:
I said about paying...wanted doing that 2 weeks ago but reconsidering the who thing for now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (388) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

Viewing this topic: Flames000(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.