Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,057 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 - Travel (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (807025 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by aywills(m): 7:03am On Jul 08, 2018
Hello @bellog and other gurus in the house. I planned doing an assessment with Australia Institute of Management (AIM). My occupation is currently in the list. So i want to know if AIM recognise the Nigeria Institute of Management, as i intend adding my Management Professional Certificate to my assessnent application.

I have Master in Management and 10yrs relevant work experience.

Hope to hear from you.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by afosahid: 9:01am On Jul 08, 2018
There is a section for you to upload scanned copy of your Transcript. This is what I did and it was accepted. I was not requested to send via email or even hardcopy

olumuyiwaoke:
send the hard copy.... dont bother scanning....it will delay your assessment process because you would be asked to send either via mail or courier....but your school should be able to send via e-mail.....
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by afosahid: 9:06am On Jul 08, 2018
Just scan and upload. They hardly ever request for hardcopy unless they suspect foul play with the one you have unloaded.

flyca:

Thanks for replying. They did not provide any physical address, one and two is that you cannot proceed to the next webpage without uploading your transcript. My school does not give ecopy of transcript - UNN.

3 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by afosahid: 9:10am On Jul 08, 2018
All you have to do is upload. They rarely insist on hardcopy unless they suspect foul play with the one you uploaded

flyca:

Thanks for replying. They did not provide any physical address, one and two is that you cannot proceed to the next webpage without uploading your transcript. My school does not give ecopy of transcript - UNN.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Bamz(m): 5:16pm On Jul 08, 2018
Bamz:
Hello everyone,

I'm looking to assess with TRA in the hope that my intended occupation would atleast be open in 2 states by the time I'm ready to send in my EOI and state nominations.

My options (closely related occupations) are:

1. H/W Technician (open for TAS, open for SA too but now requires high points due to recent changes)

2. ICT Customer Support Officer (open for SA)

3. ICT Support Technician nec (open for SA)

PS. I didn't include regions requiring a prior job offer

An outside option is Telecoms Linesworker which fits the bill (for availability in 2 states) and is open for NT (489 & 190) and Vic(190) but is not so closely related to my present work.

TRA takes quite some time to finish assessments of applications. I forsee some changes by that time too.

Gurus in the house, please advise.

I would love to hear from those who've have had experiences with any of those states too.

Thanks.

afosahid, bellong et al, pls help oh sad embarassed
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by nikkycool(f): 6:08pm On Jul 08, 2018
Bamz:

afosahid, bellong et al, pls help oh sad embarassed
Please house when is the new list of Occupation come out for other state apart from South Australia.Thank you
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Bamz(m): 7:39pm On Jul 08, 2018
nikkycool:
Please house when is the new list of Occupation come out for other state apart from South Australia.Thank you

You have to go to anzsco and check each individual states.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by nikkycool(f): 9:50pm On Jul 08, 2018
Bamz:

You have to go to anzsco and check each individual states.
Ok thank you.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Orofun1: 10:02pm On Jul 08, 2018
Please gurus in d house I have a question...can an urban and regional planning lecturer assess as a spatial scientist?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by saintandsinnerz: 6:59am On Jul 09, 2018
Hello Bellong, please I know you're a very busy man and probably may have answered this question before, but I need you to clarify this for me as it is important. Somebody in Australia told me and my friend that you can convert a tourist visa to a student visa while you're in Australia. That it was a new law in Australia. I doubted this but my friend insisted it may true. So I want to find out if this is true. Thanks.
NB: I know this is not the student visa thread but I don't know where I can get your attention except here, so bear with me, please.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by veryconcluded: 9:05am On Jul 09, 2018
saintandsinnerz:
Hello Bellong, please I know you're a very busy man

Hi, you may want to check this
https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Lega/Lega/Form/Immi-FAQs/how-can-i-extend-my-stay.

If code 8503 is on any granted visa, it means that you are not allowed a further stay in Australia after the visa expiry date. You will need to exit and apply for a new visa before you can come in.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by olumuyiwaoke(f): 9:15am On Jul 09, 2018
chicyclass:
Hello dear, can we chat.. I don't know how to PM
This is my email Chicy_class@yahoo.com
i sent a mail to the above mail but it wouldnt deliver.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 9:35am On Jul 09, 2018
saintandsinnerz:
Hello .

When the visa is issued, there is always conditions outlined on the visa type granted. If the conditions imposed a no further stay, you can't stay beyond the date except there is a life threatening condition.

Usually they impose a no further stay clause on tourist visa.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by flyca: 9:59am On Jul 09, 2018
afosahid:
All you have to do is upload. They rarely insist on hardcopy unless they suspect foul play with the one you uploaded

Please did you get yours from UNN? Can they send to a private address?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 09, 2018
Hello, please I am new to this page. I have checked page zero but still uncertain about how to proceed. Especially the assessing authority part.
Please I would appreciate if anyone can guide me through checking my eligibility and how to start the process if eligible.
Thank you.
Please someone should respond to my inquiry.... I have posted this since last week.... pleassssssssssssssssssse
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by flyca: 1:13pm On Jul 09, 2018
Please has anybody successfully applied for UNN transcript and it came to their home address? Home or abroad? Please can you share your experiences?

Was it strictly via the online portal or did you have to go to the school yourself? How long did the delivery take? Please help - thank you.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by saintandsinnerz: 3:05pm On Jul 09, 2018
bellong:

When the visa is issued, there is always conditions outlined on the visa type granted. If the conditions imposed a no further stay, you can't stay beyond the date except there is a life threatening condition.

Usually they impose a no further stay clause on tourist visa.
\
Thanks bro
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Jesona(m): 5:07pm On Jul 09, 2018
Tee248490:
Hello, please I am new to this page. I have checked page zero but still uncertain about how to proceed. Especially the assessing authority part.
Please I would appreciate if anyone can guide me through checking my eligibility and how to start the process if eligible.
Thank you.
Please someone should respond to my inquiry.... I have posted this since last week.... pleassssssssssssssssssse

You can start by reading up some few opeining pages of the part 1 of this thread, here https://www.nairaland.com/3053069/general-guide-australian-permanent-resident then you can have an idea of how it goes.

Come back and state your profile here after you must have found your occupation on any the skill lists or something related to your occupation. Then you can ask any specific question as to how to proceed to get better clarity.

Good luck to you.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by candycush(m): 6:06pm On Jul 09, 2018
flyca:
Please has anybody successfully applied for UNN transcript and it came to their home address? Home or abroad? Please can you share your experiences?

Was it strictly via the online portal or did you have to go to the school yourself? How long did the delivery take? Please help - thank you.
. You can apply to your home address m it's 15k within naija and 35k outside naija.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by suzzyallen: 12:11am On Jul 10, 2018
Hello, I'm a silent reader. I just want to encourage other people by sharing my PR journey as I have also equally learnt a lot from other people's experinces. My family and I decided to apply for Aussie PR in 2016. In March 2017, due to hubby's IELTS score (L8S7W7R9), he couldn't get up to 60 points to apply for 189. So, we decided to apply for NSW 190 visa, and to our surprise, we received ITA in 2 weeks. Lodged visa on May 10, 2017 and did PCC and Medicals a 16days after following CO contact.

We were very hopeful that we would receive the grant latest September 2017 as the process seemed to be moving fast for us. It wasn't easy waking up everyday checking email with the hope of getting the golden email. It was so emotionally draining. However, instead of the grant, we got a Natural Justice email in October 17, 2017. It was not a happy moment . Apparently, the HR of my husband's company made a mistake with his date of birth while responding to DIBP during employment verification. They gave a wrong year of birth but correct date and month of birth reducing his age by almost 10 years in comparison with his real age. This casted a big shadow on the genuineness of my husband's claimed employment. So, DIBP wanted him to prove that his claimed employment was not phony. They also wanted clarify some other issues with his letter of reference and his pay slip.

We contacted a MARA agent for a way forward as we were confused about what to do. The agent requested for AUD4500, which we couldn't afford at the time. We then decided to respond on our own with God on our side. Thankfully, hubby's HR agreed to rectify the mistake and sent DIBP a mail to that effect. On our own, we came up with and submitted a 64-page response with evidence supporting the genuineness of his employment in November 10, 2017.

In January, 2018 my hubby suggested that we explore Canadian PR since we had not heard from DIBP following submission of NJL response in November. I wrote IELTS in Feb 2018 but verification of my credentials took a while so I entered the pool in April, 2018. Received ITA in May 2018 (at this time, our mind was off Aussie PR as we were trying to gather documents for Canadian PR visa application).
On June 12, we were contacted by Aussie COto redo PCC and Medicals ####HOPE RENEWED.

Morning of July 6, 2018 as I was preparing for work, hubby suddenly screamed "granted". I was startled, then he showed me the golden email.
IED 29th November, 2018. It was like a dream. After 13 months of waiting, we thank God, PR LANDED.
Just to encourage everyone that there is hope after NJL.

Now on to the next phase Have 3 months to pack. Sydney here I come.........

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by teewhysafe(f): 1:01am On Jul 10, 2018
suzzyallen:

Wow. Big congratulations. This gave me goose bumps. The wait was eventually worth it. Well done!

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 1:42am On Jul 10, 2018
@suzzyallen,

Congratulations on the grant. That was a long ride.

The CO should have contacted the HR to confirm the date of birth. You provided government records to proof your age, HR mistake shouldn't have overridden government evidence.

All the best in the Lands.

3 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by wazilo: 3:14am On Jul 10, 2018
Congratulations @suzzyallen the wait actually paid off
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by wazilo: 3:18am On Jul 10, 2018
@jayooh and other guru please
wazilo:
Please anyone with mechanical engineering CDR should help a brother please or email to me engineerokpoko1@yahoo.com
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by iceberg54: 3:18am On Jul 10, 2018
@suzzyallen. Congratulations and welcome to Sydney!
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by flyca: 3:37am On Jul 10, 2018
candycush:
. You can apply to your home address m it's 15k within naija and 35k outside naija.
Okay, please did you apply? Did it arrive? Did you have to visit the school (and pester them) before they processed your document? How long did it take before yoy received it? Kindly reply.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by afosahid: 5:14am On Jul 10, 2018
No, I went to a different university. If your school doesn't give a student copy, then you may have no choice but to send via post.

You may also try to send to a company address if they would accept that.

flyca:

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by afosahid: 5:27am On Jul 10, 2018
Wow! Quite interesting. Congratulations. I have read quite a lot about people getting Natural Justice Letter lately and the culprit is usually employment verification.

One needs to ensure HR is on the same page with the details you provide in your application!

suzzyallen:

Morning of July 6, 2018 as I was preparing for work, hubby suddenly screamed "granted". I was startled, then he showed me the golden email.
IED 29th November, 2018. It was like a dream. After 13 months of waiting, we thank God, PR LANDED.
Just to encourage everyone that there is hope after NJL.

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by ZoeW: 7:20am On Jul 10, 2018
suzzyallen:
Morning of July 6, 2018 as I was preparing for .

Congrats!
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Embassy4u(m): 7:48am On Jul 10, 2018
flyca:

I graduated from UNN and also got my Transcript there for assessment with VETASSESS. Even after paying the huge sums, they don't give student's copy of transcript (though I never requested for one) . I will advice you to chat them on the website, their live chat is very active. Explain to the respondent what you need and why you need it. I wish you luck
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by flyca: 7:54am On Jul 10, 2018
Embassy4u:

I graduated from UNN and also got my Transcript there for assessment with VETASSESS. Even after paying the huge sums, they don't give student's copy of transcript (though I never requested for one) . I will advice you to chat them on the website, their live chat is very active. Explain to the respondent what you need and why you need it. I wish you luck
I did not say "student's copy" sir.
I said official copy sent to a private address. The idea behind this is that I'd like to sacn and uplaod it in the application website. Any experiences on this?

Thanks for directing me to their chat section. I appreciate.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Embassy4u(m): 7:58am On Jul 10, 2018
flyca:

I applied via school portal when I was doing my assessment with VETASSESS, paid and it was sent to Melbourne. Normally it take 14 to 21days to be delivered to Australia. The live chat on the UNN website is very active. You can always ask questions incase of anything. The agents are well trained and respectful

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (388) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.