Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,439 members, 7,812,312 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:29 AM

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 - Travel (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (805970 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 11, 2018
Morning of July 6, 2018 as I was preparing for work, hubby suddenly screamed "granted". I was startled, then he showed me the golden email.
IED 29th November, 2018. It was like a dream. After 13 months of waiting, we thank God, PR LANDED.
Just to encourage everyone that there is hope after NJL.

Now on to the next phase Have 3 months to pack. Sydney here I come.........

[/quote]

congrats!

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by jandedfelloh: 5:33pm On Jul 11, 2018
Alphadoor:

I'll once again refer you to page 0 for the answer to this question.
Fortify yourself with the right information.
Don't be in a rush.

Please bro. I have been sending you Pm. Pls reply.

I just need info on how to go about the ACS. I need your guidance. I have a BSc in computer science from a federal uni. I have a 1 yr work experience in an IT company although it was 6 months apart. Then I have anoda 1 yr for my nysc Wch I served at a government company as their system admin. I need your help on how to get this right. It's confusing to me and I don't wat to make a mistake.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by piusford: 6:21pm On Jul 11, 2018
suzzyallen:
Hello, I'm

Now on to the next phase Have 3 months to pack. Sydney here I come.........

Wow...
Congratulations@ Suzzyallen.
You shall prosper in the land.

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by suzzyallen: 6:50pm On Jul 11, 2018
Ogenedo:
Hello my Sis, was your hubby's reference letter from place of work addressed directly to the Assessing body or 'To who it may Concern' Please help. Do you think they will accept 'To whom it may concern'?

Hey! My Hubby's company doesnt address letters of reference to any organisation other than embassies so he requested for a letter of introduction to the Australian embassy and used it as his letter of reference. The letter was accepted by both his assessing body and DIBP. I guess u can address ur letter of reference whichever way since my Hubby's letter of introduction to embassy was accepted.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 11, 2018
Thank you.
Jesona:

You can start by reading up some few opeining pages of the part 1 of this thread, here https://www.nairaland.com/3053069/general-guide-australian-permanent-resident then you can have an idea of how it goes.

Come back and state your profile here after you must have found your occupation on any the skill lists or something related to your occupation. Then you can ask any specific question as to how to proceed to get better clarity.

Good luck to you.

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by highway007(m): 11:29pm On Jul 11, 2018
Yes
Rach90:
Thank you. So does that mean I can upload my student copy while I send an official copy of my transcript to vetassess?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by jandedfelloh: 10:38am On Jul 12, 2018
@Azy123 Please I need your help urgently. I have sent you messages . Please
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 12, 2018
1.whats the chance of getting a nomination from NSW with 65points(70 with the nomination)
professional Civil Engineer

2.How does regional nomination work.is it a Pr visa
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Jesona(m): 6:11pm On Jul 12, 2018
Tee248490:
Thank you.

Cheers mate!
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 10:56am On Jul 13, 2018
Good morning guys.

It seems everyone has moved to Canada thread, anyways I'm begging the house to help me with my questions cos I want to send my documents to VETASSESS for assessment.

My profile:

English test: Hope to get 20 points in PTE or IELTS (I dont know which to write yet)
Education: BSc. Accounting (in a Nigeria State University) and an Advanced Diploma in ACCA
Experience: I have 7 months experience as an Accountant & Audit trainee, however, I have 4 years experience in a Bank as a Customer Experience and Service Audit Analyst.

1. I am not sure if assessing as an Accountant will help me get PR due to the limited period of experience even with my ACCA advanced diploma.

2. I checked out Customer Service Manager (149212) and the job descriptions are similar to what I do in the bank. Can I assess with VETASSESS as a Customer Service Manager with my Accounting background cos VETASSESS requirements for this job does not really state if my job must be in sync to what I studied?

3. If the answer to 2 above is Yes, will VETASSESS reduce my years of experience for whatever reason? (P.S, the 4 years experience is in one bank)

4. I read on this page that some state universities get 10 points for education instead of 15 points due to cateogrization of the Universities by the assessing bodies. I also got info from a friend that the assessing bodies make use of the transcript/syllabus to award either 10 or 15 points and not necessarily due to the categorization of universities. How true is the latter?

5. Can VETASSESS assess my combined ACCA Advanced diploma and BSc Accounting so I can get the maximum 15 points?

6. After one gets an ITA, how long till the Visa fee of AU$3,755 is paid.

Only NT nominates Customer Service Manager for 190 and 485 Visa class but I'd like to go for 190.

Abeg, make una no vex with my long list of questions. Oyinbo say, "person wey ask for direction no dey miss road."

@ oga bellong and other stakeholders, please attend to my case.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by paschakarorji: 11:39am On Jul 13, 2018
Greetings to everyone .
Gurus in the house, Pls I need an answer.
I know before one submits his /her passport for VISA, there must be a police report.
Presently, am in Nigeria but I hv my resident permit in United Kingdom , l hv also traved to Norway (for visit)
Should I get Police report from each of these three countries? (United Kingdom, Norway & Nigeria)
Thanks in advance for your response.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by aussy4life: 3:32pm On Jul 13, 2018
[size=8pt][/size]
tunlex01:
Good morning guys.

It seems everyone has moved to Canada thread, anyways I'm begging the house to help me with my questions cos I want to send my documents to VETASSESS for assessment.[color=#990000][/color]

My profile:

English test: Hope to get 20 points in PTE or IELTS (I dont know which to write yet)
Education: BSc. Accounting (in a Nigeria State University) and an Advanced Diploma in ACCA
Experience: I have 7 months experience as an Accountant & Audit trainee, however, I have 4 years experience in a Bank as a Customer Experience and Service Audit Analyst.

Ans 1, You will need to have high point to assess for Accounting like 85points so customer service is best for you.

1. I am not sure if assessing as an Accountant will help me get PR due to the limited period of experience even with my ACCA advanced diploma.

2. I checked out Customer Service Manager (149212) and the job descriptions are similar to what I do in the bank. Can I assess with VETASSESS as a Customer Service Manager with my Accounting background cos VETASSESS requirements for this job does not really state if my job must be in sync to what I studied?

Ans 2, Customer service is in skilled level 2 and you did a 4years course in state university which is equal to Associate degree by Australia standard and at the same time what they need for customer service.

3. If the answer to 2 above is Yes, will VETASSESS reduce my years of experience for whatever reason? (P.S, the 4 years experience is in one bank)

Ans 3, Yes they will reduce just pray they dont take all as it's written that 3years experience will be deducted if your study is not closely related.please visit Anzsco search for more details.

4. I read on this page that some state universities get 10 points for education instead of 15 points due to cateogrization of the Universities by the assessing bodies. I also got info from a friend that the assessing bodies make use of the transcript/syllabus to award either 10 or 15 points and not necessarily due to the categorization of universities. How true is the latter?

Ans 4 ,As long as your university is state and your course of study is not 5 years be sure to be in the category of tier 2 university. Even some federal university's are in tier 2.

5. Can VETASSESS assess my combined ACCA Advanced diploma and BSc Accounting so I can get the maximum 15 points?

Ans no 5, Accountant will answer that part for you.

6. After one gets an ITA, how long till the Visa fee of AU$3,755 is paid.

Ans 6, Once you get ITA you have 60days from the day of the ITA to pay.

Only NT nominates Customer Service Manager for 190 and 485 Visa class but I'd like to go for 190.

Ans 7, Go to their site and check their requirement but mind you NT hardly give 190 only if you have a family and a job offer then your chances are high without the two please take the 489 asap.

Abeg, make una no vex with my long list of questions. Oyinbo say, "person wey ask for direction no dey miss road."

@ oga bellong and other stakeholders, please attend to my case.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 4:21pm On Jul 13, 2018
paschakarorji:
Greetings to everyone .
Gurus in the house, Pls I need an answer.
I know before one submits his /her passport for VISA, there must be a police report.
Presently, am in Nigeria but I hv my resident permit in United Kingdom , l hv also traved to Norway (for visit)
Should I get Police report from each of these three countries? (United Kingdom, Norway & Nigeria)
Thanks in advance for your response.

You only need police report from a country you have lived for a cumulative period of 12 months.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 6:14pm On Jul 13, 2018
aussy4life:
[size=8pt][/size]
Thanks for the response.

This means I will lose points in education and skill assessment. Hopefully I will get nomination for 489. Just the cost for d vetassess is crazy and at the end still end up with 489.

May I go check Canny page since I have two degrees
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by paschakarorji: 7:06pm On Jul 13, 2018
bellong:

You only need police report from a country you have lived for a cumulative period of 12 months.

Thanks a million.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Neks001(f): 7:18pm On Jul 13, 2018
[quote author=tunlex01 post=69349429]
Thanks for the response.

This means I will lose points in education and skill assessment. Hopefully I will get nomination for 489. Just the cost for d vetassess is crazy and at the end still end up with 489.

May I go check Canny page since I have two degrees

Everyone just dey go Canny....Hmmmm

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 13, 2018
whats the chance of getting a nomination from NSW with 65points(70 with the nomination)
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 10:32pm On Jul 13, 2018
BADNEAT:
whats the chance of getting a nomination from NSW with 65points(70 with the nomination)

The taste of the pudding is in the eating. The only way to find out is by submitting your expression of interest with the state.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 12:15am On Jul 14, 2018
bellong:

The taste of the pudding is in the eating. The only way to find out is by submitting your expression of interest with the state.
Lolz ...done that already...just trying to factor in an estimate in my calculations..How are you enjoying the winter..
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 10:12am On Jul 14, 2018
BADNEAT:
Lolz ...done that already...just trying to factor in an estimate in my calculations..How are you enjoying the winter..

Going by the contribution of someone in the past about NSW and civil engineers, I think you shouldn't have any issue.

The winter is alright. Australia has a beautiful and mild winter.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Orofun1: 10:31am On Jul 14, 2018
@Chief Bellong: please can you help with this! Can an Urban and Regional Planner assess as a Spatial Planner?
bellong:

Going by the contribution of someone in the past about NSW and civil engineers, I think you shouldn't have any issue.

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 14, 2018
bellong:

okay bro...
yea..the winter..its been crazy this weekend tho

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nayaaaaa: 11:25am On Jul 14, 2018
Please has anyone been assessed positively with VETASSESS as a customer service manager?? please I have loads of questions
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by agbedex: 11:31am On Jul 14, 2018
belLong, it's like there is nothing for Geophysicist here.
Has any Geophysicist been assessed by VETASSESS?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by jayooh: 4:38pm On Jul 14, 2018
bellong:

Sir well done, please do you reckon the PCC for naija be submitted with that white fingerprints form or just the pink certificate itself suffices?

BADNEAT:

I believe you stand I good chance, once they start nominating this year, you should get invite.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 5:55pm On Jul 14, 2018
agbedex:
belLong, it's like there is nothing for Geophysicist here.
Has any Geophysicist been assessed by VETASSESS?

Unfortunately, the occupation has been removed from the list after the mining industry downturn.
The only hope is if you see an employer to sponsor you provided you have skill set that cannot be sourced locally.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 5:55pm On Jul 14, 2018
jayooh:

Sir well done, please do you reckon the PCC for naija be submitted with that white fingerprints form or just the pink certificate itself suffices?

Scan everything and let them worry about what they need or don't need.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by milkytins(m): 9:20pm On Jul 14, 2018
My wife graduated 2011 (Microbiology). She wants to do skilled assessment as Medical Laboratory Scientist with AIMS. AIMS claims to have two stages to be qualified as Medical Laboratory Scientist, one is document assessment and the second stage is written exam organised by them which is additional cost and one needs to apply for it after the first stage is completed.

My questions are:
(1) Is the second stage to write exam compulsory to be eligible for Skilled immigration to Australia as a Medical Laboratory Scientist or Document assessment is enough?

(2) Is there a way to claim 8 years working experience to get 15 points as she graduated 2011? (5-7 yrs is 10 points and 8-10 yrs is 15 points, we need the 15 points).

Thanks
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jul 14, 2018
jayooh:

I believe you stand I good chance, once they start nominating this year, you should get invite.
Thanks ...they better do..i no wan renew this study visa
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by morakky: 1:18am On Jul 15, 2018
Dear All,

Kindly assist with below request from CO

1. CO requested for proof of employments which i have uploaded during visa application before he was assigned.

2. Then how can i reply him directly since e-mail was sent via generic mail.

Thanks
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by DidoKev: 3:33am On Jul 15, 2018
Upload the requested document on your immi account and then click information provided to alert your CO
. Best of luck
morakky:
Dear All,

1. CO requested for proof of employments which i have uploaded during visa application before he was assigned.

Thanks
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by adeomoade: 7:42am On Jul 15, 2018
morakky:
Dear All,

Thanks

Prepare for Employment verification. Best wishes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (388) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.