Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,199 members, 7,867,484 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 04:55 PM

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 - Travel (390) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (825220 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Franka1991: 3:36am On May 24
DJMJ:

If you can describe your job function a bit? Are you in the cementing unit Or drilling? Or maintenance? Job function and then one can be able to say what next
I'm in in the intervention section (coiled tubing engineer to be specific)
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 3:30pm On May 24
Chukdobz20:

Thanks for correcting my typo.

I have non IT degree

I have a couple of vendor certifications

I have over all close to 6 years IT work experience from technical support/service desk, network security , network Operations, network administration.

If you apply for assessment via recognition of prior learning. What are my chances of being successful.

I researched the procedure but will be difficult to get the approved format for verifying employment. I have employment letters, payslips, termination letters. But i saw ACS have a format which must be used to verify employment.

I am just confused 😕
You need to have at least 6 years experience in the occupation you are nominating which means it cannot be less. They will deduct all and it will be zero experience.
Your companies have to provide reference in any format but it must include the content listed in their own format. Also you need more than just one employment payment evidnece. You need bank statement or pension statement or tax statement for those years.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 3:32pm On May 24
Franka1991:

I work as an engineer in an oil and gas well servicing firm

This guide is to check your eligibility. For engaged/married couple, it's to check which of you is a better primary applicant.
Please complete this 👇 for yourself and spouse (if married/dating/engaged) and also try and check the likely occupations you can nominate based on your work experience.

Copy > Paste > Edit > Send back

General details
English test result: (breakdown of each band if you have a result, if you don’t, skip)
Tertiary Educational qualifications with DATES: (Apprenticeship/Trade test/ND/HND/Bsc/Msc/PhD)
What was the duration of your course? 2, 3, 4 or 5 years
Course of study:
Awarding Institution(s):
List any other relevant professional certifications/registration:

Employment
Job title(s):
Job period: (e.g 2015-2023)
Years of experience:
Proposed occupation(s) to nominate and ANZSCO 6-digit code (do not skip this step; the guide to check your occupation(s) is at the end of this post)

Documents for Employee
Employment letter: Yes or No
Payslips: Yes or No
Bank statement showing salary: Yes or No
Pension statement: Yes or No
Personal Tax statement: Yes or No
Can you get a reference letter? Yes or No
Do you have these documents for all your employment episodes?

Documents for Self employment (ignore if you are not self employed)
Business (CAC) registration date:
Business (CAC) registration certificate: Yes or No
Can your lawyer prepare a letter to describe your business & job descriptions: Yes or No
Bank statement showing business transactions: Yes or No
Company Income tax statement:Yes or No
Personal Income tax statement: Yes or No
Copies of invoice issued to customers: - Yes or No
Copies of invoice received from suppliers: Yes or No
Organisational chart: Yes or No
Company Financial report: Yes or No
Can you get a letter from clients indicating the services you provide to them - Yes or No

Your relationship status: Never married/Divorced/Married/Widowed/De-facto
If you are married or in a de-facto relationship, provide your spouse's details in the same order as above to check who is a better primary applicant

Guide to check your occupation and ANZSCO code:
Visit www.anzscosearch.com
You may need to register on the website to view the details below
Desktop/Laptop:
1. Select ‘Lists’ at the top of the webpage.
2. Click 'Skilled Occupation List'
3. You will see about 500 occupations on the list.
4. Keep scrolling till you find occupation(s) that align to what you do.
5. Click the 6 digits ‘ANZSCO' code on the left. It will load the full page
6. Select 'ANZSCO' and scroll to tasks.
7. Check if the tasks relate to what you do.

Mobile
Click the hamburger icon (3 horizontal lines)
Select 'Lists' > 'Lists 2023-24' > Skilled Occupation List
Follow steps 3-7 above.

You may find more than 1 occupation to nominate. List all of them and their ANZSCO codes

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 3:36pm On May 24
blackbriar:

Firt you need assement with Engineers Australia.

You need to do a competency Demostartion Report.
https://www.engineersaustralia.org.au/publications/prepare-your-migration-skills-assessment-application

Sadly, yoiu have a HND, whihc means your AQF level will be AQF level 5.
It does not matter. Just do your assessment and get your points.

If you have an MBA or pMP it might be helpful as well.

Start from there and ohh (IELTS or TOEFL)

Sometimes HND in Civil Engineering does not need to go through EA. There are over 5 other occupations that you can nominate without going through EA as a Civil engineer.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Franka1991: 8:14pm On May 24
tunlex01:

Sometimes HND in Civil Engineering does not need to go through EA. There are over 5 other occupations that you can nominate without going through EA as a Civil engineer.

Apart from EA which other body can I go through
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by blackbriar: 7:50am On May 25
tunlex01:

Please kindly help with the alternatives
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 12:34pm On May 25
MARKETfund:

Boss, please I need your opinion here.

I'm 42, and my wife turned 31 this week Monday. We also have 7 months old baby.

Cos of her age, I feel she should be the primary applicant. She has upper credit HND in Industrial Safety Technology from Petroleum Training Institute Nigeria (2016), and 2nd class upper degree in Occupational Health, Safety and Environment from Middlesex University, London (2018).

Problem is she's working as a data analyst in one foreign organisation in Nigeria after finishing a program in data analysis since safety work wasn't forthcoming.

From the skill occupation list, I saw 'Occupational health and safety Adviser". And she meets the requirements except for work experience in that field.

Here is my question specifically: An uncle of hers who has a dredging license is willing to issue her a backdated job offer letter with payslip (note that his company is not really functional for some 3 years now). Another friend of mine who is into real estate is also willing to offer the same favour. Please, do you think it will scale through or what do you advise, my boss?

Also, her professional membership certification like NEBOSH Int'l general certificate do you think it will increase her chances?

It's stated in the anzsco that registration or licensing may be required. What do they mean by that, please?

Thanks

Cc: tunlex01

What is your own occupation?

I wouldn't advice you do an arrangee experience. It is not right.
Secondly, a thorough CO will surely find out.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 12:36pm On May 25
blackbriar:

The alternatives depend on the occupation to be assessed.

VETASSES
TRA are two of the alternatives.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by blackbriar: 3:38pm On May 25
bellong:

The alternatives depend on the occupation to be assessed.

VETASSES
TRA are two of the alternatives.

This might suffice
ANZSCO Code: 312913 / Group C
https://www.vetassess.com.au/check-my-occupation/professional-occupations/mine-deputy
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 7:01pm On May 25
Franka1991:

Vetassess
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 7:04pm On May 25
blackbriar:

Civil Engineering Technician
Civil Engineering Draftsperson
Project Builder
Project Administrator
Construction Project Manager
Building Technician
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Mcslize: 7:21am On May 26
Debymayor:

Greetings. Thanks for your response. I don dey reason the matter since, I say make I run meet my NL people as I really doubt it despite the 100% assurance we are been given.

When a scammer wants to scam you, he will always promise you heaven and earth.

In this Australia japa, there is no short cut. I repeat, no short cut. If there is a short cut, people like us that have been in this thread for years would have been in Australia by now.

But here we are doing the right thing and following all due processes cuz there is no short cut to the land of the milk and honey.

Discard that thought of conversion of visitor visa to PR. That can be possible in the dream any way but not in reality for the Australia we all know. There is nothing like that. Except you guys just want to dash out your money to that well cooked cheap scam.

The person can help you guys apply for visitor visa o no doubt, which is usually 3 months visa, but converting it to PR, come on. Nothing like that.

Better follow due process and do your skills assessment to hop on the queue if you're qualified.

Shalom!

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by blackbriar: 9:43am On May 26
Mcslize:

In this Australia japa, there is no short cut. I repeat, no short cut. If there is a short cut, people like us that have been in this thread for years would have been in Australia by now.

But here we are doing the right thing and following all due processes cuz there is no short cut to the land of the milk and honey.

Discard that thought of conversion of visitor visa to PR. That can be possible in the dream any way but not in reality for the Australia we all know. There is nothing like that. Except you guys just want to dash out your money to that well cooked cheap scam.

The person can help you guys apply for visitor visa o no doubt, which is usually 3 months visa, but converting it to PR, come on. Nothing like that.

Better follow due process and do your skills assessment to hop on the queue if you're qualified.

Shalom!

I even fail to see how th eperson intends to help you.
Is hse going to help you for the tourist Visa application, Bacuase you can do that your self.
The only help he can give you is the Bank Statement right?

what i can perceive is he is trying to bill you for proposing a bridging Visa.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by joyjoyjoyekene: 3:49pm On May 26
tunlex01:

You need to have at least 6 years experience in the occupation you are nominating which means it cannot be less. They will deduct all and it will be zero experience.
Your companies have to provide reference in any format but it must include the content listed in their own format. Also you need more than just one employment payment evidnece. You need bank statement or pension statement or tax statement for those years.

Please friends, I need help here. I am 34 years, with Anatomy Bsc and 7years full time work experience as pharmacy assistant/pharmacy technician. Please which nomination can I follow( visa 189 or 190 or 481)
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by AllisonUK: 7:46pm On May 26
Phewww...I have finally landed here..maybe by God's grace this will be my last bus stop. We'll see.

Abeg oo, what do they mean by you should not have been refused a visa before? Do they mean their Australian visa? Because USA been don show me shege oooo
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by MARKETfund: 2:12am On May 27
bellong:

What is your own occupation?

I wouldn't advice you do an arrangee experience. It is not right.
Secondly, a thorough CO will surely find out.
I studied Food Science and technology.
But I've been working in accounting department of an organisation since over 9 years.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by AndyCole16(m): 6:52am On May 28
Good morning everyone. @bellong thanks for this great thread you created, you have positively impacted lots of lives.

Please I will be 43 in November, what are my chances if I'm to start Australia immigration process now. I'm very much interested now.

I have a BSc in Agriculture Science and an MBA. I have been in sales for over 10 years.

Please help out

Thanks
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by funbiano: 8:40am On May 28
Hello everyone, I tried Australia school but unfortunately my school cancelled all students CEO around February.It was so painful. I studied Estate Management for my degree and has like 10years experience.My husband studied Geology for his degree.Australia happened to be my dream country.Is it possible for us to apply for skill workers stuff over there. Please I need your positive response.Thank you
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by blackbriar: 9:39am On May 28
funbiano:
Hello everyone, I tried Australia school but unfortunately my school cancelled all students CEO around February.It was so painful. I studied Estate Management for my degree and has like 10years experience.My husband studied Geology for his degree.Australia happened to be my dream country.Is it possible for us to apply for skill workers stuff over there. Please I need your positive response.Thank you

There is a recent strong anti-immigartion sentiment going round now. and it is the main talking point in the run-ups to the election campaigns.
Immigration is been blamed as the reason for the Housing Crisis [I do not know why they cant just build new houses]
Student Visa applications from developong countries are being outright rejected by DHA.

In my opinion [As i do not have all the facts ], it might be better to try the skilled visa route.

My 2 cents.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by DJMJ(m): 2:15pm On May 28
Franka1991:

Since you said you do nothing related to civil at work, I will suggest a hard pill for you of you are really determined.
First, you have to find a way to practice what is related to your study, give yourself around 3 years plan to do that. VETASSESS will definitely deduct around 2yrs for qualifying.
All said and done, this will only be possible if you are under 40years of age. Or you can try the student route
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Wisdommyth: 2:29pm On May 28
Hi everyone,

I am in the process of doing my skill assessment with Engineers Australia (EA). I am a civil engineer with limited experience (just a bit over one year experience in civil engineering), I have an MSc degree though. I'd done the eligibility check and I got 75 points. I heard Civil Engineers are in high demand in Australia. Please what are my chances of successfully migrating to Australia? Also, do I need to assess my experience alongside my degree with EA?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by blackbriar: 3:50pm On May 28
Wisdommyth:
Hi everyone,

I am in the process of doing my skill assessment with Engineers Australia (EA). I am a civil engineer with limited experience (just a bit over one year experience in civil engineering), I have an MSc degree though. I'd done the eligibility check and I got 75 points. I heard Civil Engineers are in high demand in Australia. Please what are my chances of successfully migrating to Australia? Also, do I need to assess my experience alongside my degree with EA?

I am writing based on the assumption that your bachelor's was in Nigeria.
Hence, Yes you need to do a Migration Skill Assessment under Engineers Australia.
Yes, Civil Engineers and Designers are in demand.
Your chances of migrating depends on your point, the higher your point, the higher your chances.

You can use the following for your Career episode;
1. Bachelors Degree Project
2. Masters Degree Project
3. SIWES or,
4. Limited Working Experience.

The chances are very high, but it depends on the quality of your written assessment.

My 2 Cents
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by blackbriar: 3:54pm On May 28
DJMJ:

Since you said you do nothing related to civil at work, I will suggest a hard pill for you of you are really determined.
First, you have to find a way to practice what is related to your study, give yourself around 3 years plan to do that. VETASSESS will definitely deduct around 2yrs for qualifying.
All said and done, this will only be possible if you are under 40years of age. Or you can try the student route

He does not need to do that, I think.
he qualiifies for ANZSCO Code: 312913 / Group C based on what he described as his job role.
He has a tertiary qulaification in Civil Engineering but his job role is ddescribed in the link below
https://www.vetassess.com.au/check-my-occupation/professional-occupations/mine-deputy

I also do not think it matters if VETASSES deducts the working expreince points.
He can make for the points via English Test.
Get the assessemnt and enter the poool quickly.

Employers look at your resume and not VETASSESS Working expreince report.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Wisdommyth: 6:04pm On May 28
Thank you. Both degrees are from the UK actually,
does it affect my skill assessment? I am
assessing through the Washington accord pathway via Engineers Australia. I already have an IELTS.
blackbriar:

I am writing based on the assumption that your bachelor's was in Nigeria.
Hence, Yes you need to do a Migration Skill Assessment under Engineers Australia.
Yes, Civil Engineers and Designers are in demand.
Your chances of migrating depends on your point, the higher your point, the higher your chances.

You can use the following for your Career episode;
1. Bachelors Degree Project
2. Masters Degree Project
3. SIWES or,
4. Limited Working Experience.

The chances are very high, but it depends on the quality of your written assessment.

My 2 Cents
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by blackbriar: 10:13pm On May 28
Wisdommyth:
Thank you. Both degrees are from the UK actually,
does it affect my skill assessment? I am
assessing through the Washington accord pathway via Engineers Australia. I already have an IELTS.

Then Congratulations.
The whole process just got easier for you.
Yes, the Washington Accord route would be most appropraite in your situation.

But pLease ensure that your university is fully accreditied for the Engineering Programme
https://www.engc.org.uk/glossary-faqs/frequently-asked-questions/academic-qualifications/

Wow, I am envious.
Quickly get your assessment done and get into the pool.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by AllisonUK: 10:37pm On May 29
Hello people. Please I'm supposed to assess with VETASSESS and will like to know if the school transcripts ought to be uploaded on the website or if I must send, can I just send from WES?

Again, will submitting only employment reference, payslips and TCC suffice? Please educate me. Thank you.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Debymayor: 10:24am On May 30
Mcslize:

Shalom!

Ok. Thanks so much. Shalom
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by mumu9gerian: 10:32pm On Jun 01
standfit007:
Omo, congratulations plenty. This is a lot of perseverance o

What is in the medicals?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bolton(m): 2:19pm On Jun 03
**Get Your Trade Test Certificate Today!**

Are you skilled in your trade but lack formal recognition? Don't let that hold you back! Obtain your Trade Test Certificate and open doors to new opportunities.

**Why Choose Our Trade Test Certification?**

- **Nationally Recognized:** Our certificates are recognized by industries nationwide and globally.
- **Comprehensive Assessment:** Demonstrate your skills through practical and theoretical evaluations.
- **Flexible Scheduling:** Choose a time that works best for you.

**Trades We Cover:**

- Electrical
- Plumbing
- Carpentry
- Welding
- Automotive Mechanics
- And many more!

**How to Apply:**

1. **Contact Us:** Reach out via phone/WhatsApp
2. **Test:** Schedule and complete your trade test with our expert evaluators.
3. **Certify:** Receive your certificate and boost your career!

**Contact Information:**

- **Phone:** 07056940264

**Don't wait! Validate your skills and advance your career with a Trade Test Certificate.**
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 3:40pm On Jun 03
joyjoyjoyekene:

Please friends, I need help here. I am 34 years, with Anatomy Bsc and 7years full time work experience as pharmacy assistant/pharmacy technician. Please which nomination can I follow( visa 189 or 190 or 481)
you can assess as a pharmacy technician with Vetassess.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 3:41pm On Jun 03
AllisonUK:
Phewww...I have finally landed here..maybe by God's grace this will be my last bus stop. We'll see.

Abeg oo, what do they mean by you should not have been refused a visa before? Do they mean their Australian visa? Because USA been don show me shege oooo
you will have to state all visa you have been refused.
They will scrutinise your application which is not a problem but not disclosing past refusal can lead to visa refusal
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 3:45pm On Jun 03
funbiano:
you both have good occupations; you should explore the skilled visa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (Reply)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.