Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 - Travel (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (806717 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by iamblisz(m): 2:12pm On Jul 23, 2018
bellong:

This is a tight one. I am not completely sure but I reckon that the date of completion on the certificate will be taken as completed.

Maybe someone who has been in similar situation can clarify.

However, if there is none to clarify, I think it is safe to go with the date on the certificate. If question is asked about the disparity, you can then explain.

You can still add those years of experience from when you finish though. Let the assessing authority figure out what to leave for you.

Sir bellong, I was able to read through the link u posted in page 0, instead of being a GMPC as someone said in page 7.
But I'm worried because I don't have any documents showing"suitable skill assessment.
I have a b.tech quantity,
Age 28
Graduated 2016
I only have one year working experience which is nysc, and work experience has nothing to do with my degree.
I checked my skill if available using this link
https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2018L00299
and it was listed there.
Lastly I noticed that the test taken is IELTs , is TOEFL not used.
I appreciate it if u answer me because the last thread has 600 pages and I was still in year 2016 alot of things might have changed before now.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 3:03pm On Jul 23, 2018
@iamblisz,

TOEFL is accepted as well as PTE, OET and IELTS.

You will have to go to the website of the assessing authority for quantity surveying to find out their requirements for a positive assessment.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 6:44pm On Jul 23, 2018
DoHA should please release the details of the last draw so that one can decide which way to go.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by ogbevireo(m): 7:03pm On Jul 23, 2018
kemijohnson:
Please who knows where i can notarize in lagos?

Also, has anyone attempted paying for ACS assessment with paypal?
Yes they do.
I used it for my payment. In fact, I used my wife's paypal account to make the payment.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by kemijohnson(m): 7:12pm On Jul 23, 2018
Alphadoor:

You can notarize at any lawyers office in lagos.

common locations: Obalende , Ikeja High court,

project abstract not required for ACS

thanks Alphadoor
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by kessel: 7:18pm On Jul 23, 2018
Yes,but I failed to do that,beside I was already carrying my backpack and one other small bag so the lady refused to allow me
jayooh:

Please how many kg over the acceptable 7kilos was your hand luggage that they had to withhold it? I thought you'd have packed immediate needs within hand luggage to avoid have to unpack and pack checked in luggage upon arrival. I'm not sure I would be able to leave mine.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by BKings: 7:49pm On Jul 23, 2018
Alphadoor:

Skill employment met date are usually counted from the year indicated on certificate.

You can claim experience from 2010 but am certain that EA/DHA will only recognize/approve from year of your graduation in this scenario which is 2011 (the month stated on the cert is also considered). Thanks Alphadoor. So they won't even consider the transcript?

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by BKings: 7:49pm On Jul 23, 2018
[quote author=Alphadoor post=69624382]

Skill employment met date are usually counted from the year indicated on certificate.

You can claim experience from 2010 but am certain that EA/DHA will only recognize/approve from year of your graduation in this scenario which is 2011 (the month stated on the cert is also considered). Thanks Alphadoor. So they won't even consider the transcript?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by BKings: 7:52pm On Jul 23, 2018
adewxyz:

YES......... date on certificate was used in my case
Really? So no consideration of transcript, hmmm
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 23, 2018
bellong:

Diploma.. 10 points.

What happened between 2008 and 2011?
Did the certificate spell it out that you graduated in 2011?
thanks
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by trastar(f): 8:13pm On Jul 23, 2018
kemijohnson:
Please who knows where i can notarize in lagos?

Also, has anyone attempted paying for ACS assessment with paypal?

Google notary public Lagos. List and contact of several.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by jayooh: 9:19pm On Jul 23, 2018
kessel:
Yes,but I failed to do that,beside I was already carrying my backpack and one other small bag so the lady refused to allow me
so u had a backpack, a small bag, and another hand luggage? The way I deh lol you, that your small bag go don weight like 5kg sef. Ah, u wan use style carry 2 hang luggage. grin them catch u. You really packed oh. Pele
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by fatima04: 9:45pm On Jul 23, 2018
iamblisz:

Sir bellong, I was able to read through the link u posted in page 0, instead of being a GMPC as someone said in page 7.
But I'm worried because I don't have any documents showing"suitable skill assessment.
I have a b.tech quantity,
Age 28
Graduated 2016
I only have one year working experience which is nysc, and work experience has nothing to do with my degree.
I checked my skill if available using this link
https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2018L00299
and it was listed there.
Lastly I noticed that the test taken is IELTs , is TOEFL not used.
I appreciate it if u answer me because the last thread has 600 pages and I was still in year 2016 alot of things might have changed before now.
Thanks

Look for qsmuyiwa post on what he did for a successful assessment with AIQS, that should help
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by rudyislife: 9:49pm On Jul 23, 2018
bellong:
@Olvic,

If the land is leased, the lease agreement. Anything to proof the farm exists in the location. Mapping on Google map.. just think of whatever you can use.

To support your verifiable employment, you will need to add your payslip or bank statement or both, tax certificate, pension fund documents, Letter of employment and employment reference letter.

The years of experience to be approved is left for the assessing body to determine.

You have a good chance provided you can package your application to meet Anzsco description of the occupation you are nominating.

Go to the part one of this thread, look for those who got positive assessment from the occupation, they are quite a few, contact them and take it from there.
greetings sir!!!please what routes are available for a Chemical Engineer
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 10:17pm On Jul 23, 2018
rudyislife:
greetings sir!!!please what routes are available for a Chemical Engineer

What do you mean by routes for chemical engineer? The last I checked, chemical engineering waa still on the list.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by rudyislife: 10:22pm On Jul 23, 2018
bellong:

What do you mean by routes for chemical engineer? The last I checked, chemical engineering waa still on the list.
when was that?i don’t think it’s there sir,would appreciate if you could clarify
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 10:36pm On Jul 23, 2018
rudyislife:
when was that?i don’t think it’s there sir,would appreciate if you could clarify

I don't know the list you are checking but the official list has chemical engineering on it.

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/work/work/skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists/combined-stsol-mltssl
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by rudyislife: 10:37pm On Jul 23, 2018
bellong:

I don't know the list you are checking but the official list has chemical engineering on it.

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/work/work/skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists/combined-stsol-mltssl
ok sir thanks
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by DoDirtsLikeWorm(m): 10:47pm On Jul 23, 2018
bellong:

For now, no one is nominating and NSW have not open up, but one might decide to apply randomly, who knows??
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 10:51pm On Jul 23, 2018
DoDirtsLikeWorm:

For now, no one is nominating and NSW have not open up, but one might decide to apply randomly, who knows??

You don't need a state nomination. It is on 189 list. What is needed is the points for invitation.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by iamblisz(m): 11:18pm On Jul 23, 2018
[quote author=fatima04 post=69644993]

Look for qsmuyiwa post on what he did for a successful assessment with AIQS, that should help[/quote
God bless you sir
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by iamblisz(m): 11:19pm On Jul 23, 2018
bellong:
@iamblisz,

TOEFL is accepted as well as PTE, OET and IELTS.

You will have to go to the website of the assessing authority for quantity surveying to find out their requirements for a positive assessment.
Thank u sir
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Techengine: 12:20am On Jul 24, 2018
Techengine:
Hi everyone. I've been following this thread since last year and have a friend who has been helping too. I want to know my my chances with 489 visa.

I got positive assessment from EA as a mechanical engineer = 15 points
Age = 30 points
English text - 4 different attempt - 10 points
No relevant work experience
Total stands at 55 points

Sir bellong and other seniors in the house please I need your advise

At this period where na soso bad news we dey hear, I'm glad to announce that I got ITA this morning on 489. I was nominated by Tasmania.
Below are my details

Positive Assessment from EA as professional mechanical engineer - 14 Feb, 2018 = 15 points
IELTS (made it on the third attempt and two failed PTE) - 12 May, 2018 = 10 points
Age = 30 points
Applied to Tasmania for nomination on 13th June 2018 with 65 points including nomination point
Got nomination and ITA today 23rd July, 2018

I appreciate all the wonderful people here for the tips and support. God bless us all.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Neks001(f): 12:30am On Jul 24, 2018
Dear E-Family, The Golden Mail has landed!!! Timeline coming soon.

7 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 1:35am On Jul 24, 2018
Neks001:

Congratulations... Good news.

@Techengine,

Congratulations....
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Embassy4u(m): 3:03am On Jul 24, 2018
Neks001:

Grant abi.... Congratulations oooo
Waiting for the timeline
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Tuteso: 3:43am On Jul 24, 2018
Congrats. Great news from you.
Neks001:
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by teewhysafe(f): 3:54am On Jul 24, 2018
Olvic:

ok, thanks so much, the farm is registered with the CAC, but which other document would they require then as im not the owner just an employee

to maximize the the 15 points from VETASSESS ON AGRICULTURAL CONSULTANT
i have B.A Agricultural Extension & Rural Development
(Second Class Lower Division) from UI 2008 5 years course
2008 to 2009 NYSC

2009-2016 worked in a farm with just business name registration with CAC( no website)
2016till date another farm though bigger registered as a farm with CAC (no website too)
pls what are my chances im shotting for the maximum point. @ bellong. thanks

How many points are you on now. Age, Qualification, English & Work experience?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Neks001(f): 4:52am On Jul 24, 2018
Grant for me, hubby, lil sister, 3 yr old son and infant landed by 12:10am….I was going through my mail when it dropped. It was unbelievable.

Here is my timeline.

ACS assessment: May 2017, CO contacted me to change my Occupation to ICT support engineer. I checked to see if any state was sponsoring it, but there was no state. I noticed that it has the same JD with ICT systems engineer, and SA was sponsoring it then on 190. I sent the CO a
mail saying that I would rather go for systems engr instead of support engr.

May 23rd : Positive Assessment

May 25th: Completed and submitted EOI to NSW

April 04: PTE 1 (W: 79, R;76, S:73, L:73

June 08: PTE 2 (Was trying to get 20 in English cos I needed 70 points for SA nomination)

June 18: PTE 3 (Scored W: 82 S: 80, R: 80, L; 76) I booked another test for the 23rd of June.

June 22nd: NSW stream 2 invitation

June 28th: NSW approval and ITA

June 30th: Application submitted and uploaded all documents

July 24: CO requested for more employment evidence, form 80 for my 3yr old son

Sept 25: CO requested for my sisters adoption court order and birth certificate

Added newborn in September

Oct 20: CO requested for newborn medicals

July 24, 2018: Grant

IED: 11 Jan 2019

Dear Bellong, thank you for creating this thread, …I wish I could hug you right now…

Sleep no gree worry me oooo....LOL

17 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by stateboy8080(m): 5:01am On Jul 24, 2018
@bellong,pls I will need your input on this. I have a brother that has ND and HND in electrical electronics engineering. He wants to go through the PR route. He has no work experience cos his NYSC ended April 2018. He is 25 yrs old. He wants to go through electrician stuff under TRA cos of HND constrain. I really don't have much knowledge how these whole stuff. Pls advise on the possibility and the step by step guide. I will appreciate your response. Thanks
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by stateboy8080(m): 5:03am On Jul 24, 2018
Input from other good spirited ones here will also be appreciated. God bless
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by afosahid: 5:28am On Jul 24, 2018
Neks001:
Grant for me, hubby, lil sister, 3 yr old son and infant landed by 12:10am….I was going through my mail when it dropped. It was unbelievable.

Excellent news. The kind of news I always want to wake up to! grin Congratulations!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (388) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.