Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,378 members, 7,812,102 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

How Do I Handle This? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Handle This? (34280 Views)

How Do I Handle This? Am Not Proud Of My Girl's Looks.. / Please How Do I Handle This ?? / How Can I Handle This Smart (stupid Girl) Girl? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Handle This? by naijjaman(m): 12:39am On May 14, 2018
Prognose:
How do you deal with an ex who keeps calling you from time to time and crying on the phone? It's been 10 years. She's now married yet she still calls once in a while and at first all is cheerful and normal gisting, next thing she starts bringing up our past relationship and starts to cry. I've told her she's married now and all that is in the past but it doesn't seem to help. I deleted her number from my phone but for some reason I haven't been able to block her cos I'm worried she might need my help or something urgent. I'm not interested in getting back with her in any way but I'm still worried about her. Why wouldn't she have moved on after all this while?

It's hard for women to forget men who treat them well but you must stand firm. Read all you can about "temptations" and take it from there. It's not easy but your will power is being tested here. Resist, resist and resist.

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This? by ahnie: 12:40am On May 14, 2018
busky101:
Plead the blood of Jesus each time she calls u
Hiaaan ogbeni kilo kan Jesus for this Mata?
Re: How Do I Handle This? by AreaFada2: 12:40am On May 14, 2018
EgunMogaji:
It's not a biggie.

You serve as a safe harbor for her. I will assume that your relationship as mostly good when you were together.

One of my Ex-Wives and also my high school girlfriend are my friend on Facebook.

If you are emotionally available then listen to her if you're not then tell her.

Baba, Twale o. grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This? by ngwababe(f): 12:40am On May 14, 2018
Nothing
Re: How Do I Handle This? by BoraWizzle(m): 12:44am On May 14, 2018
Honestly... If you are not in a place to possibly rekindle the old flame, "You need to ignore her calls". In some situation, it's always hard to say goodbye even though we know it's over. It does not always end up well. You know what you want as a man. Do what is morally right. Good luck.
Re: How Do I Handle This? by AreaFada2: 12:45am On May 14, 2018
EgunMogaji:
It's not a biggie.

You serve as a safe harbor for her. I will assume that your relationship as mostly good when you were together.

One of my Ex-Wives and also my high school girlfriend are my friend on Facebook.

If you are emotionally available then listen to her if you're not then tell her.

Only that in OP's case, it's not just common fb friendship. But a case of "damsel in distress". In no time the knight that reappears after 10 years can hit the hay with her. It is like going through old road you know. Kinda familiar.

A very delicate matter.
OP needs to be wise.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Handle This? by Diso60090(m): 12:48am On May 14, 2018
Prognose:

She's currently separated from her husband (about a year now, nothing to do with me). And no I'm not enjoying the attention if not I wouldn't have brought the matter here in the first place.

Shut up there lazy Nigerian boi
Re: How Do I Handle This? by EWAagoyin(m): 12:48am On May 14, 2018
wonyi:

Hope no blood Oath between you both?

Hope no abortion between you both?

Hope she didn't lose any vital reproductive organs?

Have you been supporting her financially?

You must not answers just to guide u

what if the first 2 u stated is between and someone but we ain't dating anymore what wil happen
Re: How Do I Handle This? by Nobody: 12:48am On May 14, 2018
Prognose:
How do you deal with an ex who keeps calling you from time to time and crying on the phone? It's been 10 years. She's now married yet she still calls once in a while and at first all is cheerful and normal gisting, next thing she starts bringing up our past relationship and starts to cry. I've told her she's married now and all that is in the past but it doesn't seem to help. I deleted her number from my phone but for some reason I haven't been able to block her cos I'm worried she might need my help or something urgent. I'm not interested in getting back with her in any way but I'm still worried about her. Why wouldn't she have moved on after all this while?
Chaiiiii. Simple.
Just tell her you are HIV positive.
She go run like Usain bolt.
grin grin

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This? by Skepticus: 12:50am On May 14, 2018
koolaid87:
Go give her the iron d1ck

She's suffering from an acute nolstagia

Don't bother nairalanders, we got serious issh to handle.

Thread closed.

Next!

Best comment

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle This? by Nobody: 12:57am On May 14, 2018
Prognose:

Learn the following lessons from water;

Follow the path of less resistance, be transparent, be patient and be universal. If she calls you of all the men she has dated in the past, then there is something about you that brings the emotion out of her. Care for her and be there for her and if necessary give her the best advise and cuddle if need be.

There is nothing wrong in being human, that is why you are here in this world.

7 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This? by toluleke(m): 12:57am On May 14, 2018
Well women like attention so if they don't get it from the main person anyone available will get it well that doesn't mean she want anything from you I guess you are the one thinking from your down below probably but if it begins to go into emotional talk or sex chat then make sure you reduce the attention 1st and block her flee my brother it is hard to sleep and no want to be tempted again
Re: How Do I Handle This? by Akolawole(m): 12:59am On May 14, 2018
aaronson:
she is only separated, not legally divorced, Do not fall for her tears, she's only working your emotions and you falling for it, that's why you came crying for help on nairaland.

chances are she's lonely due to the separation and she needs an old flame due to the fact that she's lonely and hõrny which causes her depression and the result is the crying over the phone.

Neglect her! Do not take her calls or reply her text/Whatsapp. she go rest. if you keep replying, you would keep falling for her tears and with that, she would work you to comfort her to bed. And you wouldn't even realize it till you start banging her.

Neglect her!
Agreed
Re: How Do I Handle This? by Nobody: 1:04am On May 14, 2018
AreaFada2:

Only that in OP's case, it's not just common fb friendship. But a case of "damsel in distress" situation. In no time the knight reappears after 10 years can hit the hay with her in no time. It is like going through old road you know. Kinda familiar.

A very delicate matter.
OP needs to be wise.

I understand where you're coming from, it's a delicate situation. OP should never do anything that will jeopardize his current relationship if the EX cannot maintain a boundary.
Re: How Do I Handle This? by Nobody: 1:07am On May 14, 2018
Solstar:

Follow the path of less resistance, be transparent, be patient and be universal. If she calls you of all the men she has dated in the past, then there is something about you that brings the emotion out of her. Care for her and be there for her and if necessary give her the best advise and cuddle if need be.

Wait a minute. Am I on Nairaland or Quora?

Such worthy advice on here? Please stop making sense grin

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This? by Nobody: 1:10am On May 14, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I actually answer Questions on Quora. I am loved at Quora.

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This? by busky101(m): 1:20am On May 14, 2018
ahnie:

Hiaaan ogbeni kilo kan Jesus for this Mata?
lol, aunty no be everybody from ur tribe grin
Re: How Do I Handle This? by Nobody: 1:44am On May 14, 2018
Just keep long distance between you two. A married lady once told me that even if it remains a child in her womb, it'd be mine. Calling her husband just 'baba omo' i.e 'baby daddy'. I neglected her calls & didn't reply her chats online. She has called herself to order anyway. Even if she still nurses any selfish feelings, I definitely won't be her prey,,,, by God's grace

Keep neglecting her everywhere unless you have no much interest in your own marriage

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This? by laudate: 1:50am On May 14, 2018
Solstar:

Chimo! shocked Warris dis? It is people like you that lead their friends into trouble & temptation. He is married, for goodness sake! sad And the girl too was married for years, before separating from her husband. She is very vulnerable right now, and what she needs is serious counselling, and a network of female friends who can support her, through this trying time. undecided

An ex-boyfriend no matter how saintly he is, should NOT step up to offer her help, at this time. shocked One thing can lead to another, and temptation does not ring a bell, before it makes an appearance! angry

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This? by Nobody: 1:53am On May 14, 2018
Prognose:

You are worried she might need help like it's your business. Hope she was there for you over the years when you needed help one way or another?

She's eating her cake and having it and my dear, it's very obvious you are blind to this

Right now she's using you to pass the lonely time. Don't worry, she'll jettison you once she finds another lover. Keep keeping on.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This? by laudate: 1:53am On May 14, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Egbon, don't encourage that guy, jare. Na Naija we dey, not America. cheesy In Naija, some exes do not respect boundaries, o! shocked And it takes a long time for courts to grant restraining orders, if things get out of hand....a vulnerable woman can easily become clingy in no time at all.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This? by Nobody: 2:00am On May 14, 2018
laudate:

Egbon, don't encourage that guy, jare. Na Naija we dey, not America. cheesy In Naija, some exes do not respect boundaries, o! shocked And it takes a long time for courts to grant restraining orders, if things get out of hand....a vulnerable woman can easily become clingy in no time at all.

Court ke?

Babalawo no dey again? grin

Na to de wear "bante", carry "iwo ewure wrapped in red cloth" sure pass.

Tu e tu e, eyi taba wi fun ogbo logbo ngbon, eyi taba wi fun ogba, ni ogba ngba, ko se ko se..... cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Handle This? by laudate: 2:05am On May 14, 2018
EgunMogaji:
Court ke?

Babalawo no dey again? grin

Na to de wear "bante", carry "iwo ewure wrapped in red cloth" sure pass.

Tu e tu e, eyi taba wi fun ogbo logbo ngbon, eyi taba wi fun ogba, ni ogba ngba, ko se ko se..... cheesy

Egbon, you dey watch Africa Magic Yoruba or those Nollywood films, right? cheesy wink grin

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This? by DwayneLee: 2:11am On May 14, 2018
I feel sorry. Did for 10 years he no one itself not has found?
Re: How Do I Handle This? by Nobody: 2:12am On May 14, 2018
laudate:

Egbon, you dey watch Africa Magic Yoruba or those Nollywood films, right? cheesy wink grin

In fact, I no dey watch anything else grin

Well, maybe CNN to see the latest Trump clusterfork.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle This? by Jethrolite(m): 2:27am On May 14, 2018
Prognose:
Why wouldn't she have moved on after all this while?
Oga go and serve the beans. Be smart with your exit strategy, if you can't then block her. No worry,she won't die or just continuously laugh it off if you want to keep contact.
Re: How Do I Handle This? by Uzoezeamugo: 2:36am On May 14, 2018
Brother flee, devil is trying all means to lure you.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle This? by Facidio: 3:04am On May 14, 2018
simply cut ties with anything ex......especially when they are married. if she so much loved u u shouldn't be called ex in the first place. my ex this my ex that is tearing so many marriages and relationships apart presently
Re: How Do I Handle This? by Jaqenhghar: 3:30am On May 14, 2018
Magnifik18:

You are worried she might need help like it's your business. Hope she was there for you over the years when you needed help one way or another?

She's eating her cake and having it and my dear, it's very obvious you are blind to this

Right now she's using you to pass the lonely time. Don't worry, she'll jettison you once she finds another lover. Keep keeping on.

Well said. I hope the OP is listening. In a twist of events you hear later that she made up with her husband

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle This? by Adeyinka123: 3:54am On May 14, 2018
Just Bleep her once orvtwice and move on. Pls go and Bleep her to reset her head.
Re: How Do I Handle This? by Dee2976: 3:54am On May 14, 2018
Tell her to get lost.. Ex means ex

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

4 Disadvantages Of Dating A Younger Man In Nigeria / Dark Side Of Dating Broke Dudes / How Do I Control The Urge To Have Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.