Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor (15155 Views)

Youngest Monarch/king On Earth Till Today; Dein Of Agbor Delta State / Stop Promoting Igbo Culture, Says #dein_of_agbor / Meet The World Youngest King "Dein Of Agbor" And The History Of Agbor Delta Stat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by Nobody: 12:20pm On Apr 27, 2020
gregyboy:

Am benin and i will say the blunt truth

Benin is not trying claim the anioma as benins but they are claiming the royalty

The anioma people are originally ibo and no benin person will call them benin we are yet to fully identify edo North as fully edo not to talk of igbos

Understand that the anioma people identify themselves politically as igbos but culturally identify as anioma thier culture as igbos in the past has been diluted by edos, and they wouldn't identify themselves as edos or igbos, they prefer identifying themselves as aniomas, a mixture of igbo and edo culture,
But most times thier identification goes with igbos for political reasons
We the edos and igbos should rather let them be and support thier identification
We already know were the two cultures meet

They always say they are Igbos but why will you guys be bringing analysis that is somehow strange.

1 Like

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by gregyboy(m): 1:46pm On Apr 27, 2020
Osagyefo98:

There is nothing to compare as Anioma stated clearly that they are Igbos.

We shouldn't be arguing this in the first instance. What you guys are trying to do is what we call encroachment.

Have you seen me arguing On Urhobo, itshekiri issues?....NO because I acknowledge they are Edos but for Igbos axis just stay.

We are looking at Igbos Indigenous and homogeneous in biafra only..... don't call it been selfish. It is been diplomatic.

The only the thing the edo person did was to bring the post to nairaland

The others were been said by dein of agbor, the dein of agbor knows he is of benin bloodline so as the monarch the protector of thier culture, he is just check mating the igbos influence like the chiefs putting on red caps.....
Originally the agbors were igbos no doubt but were later mixed with edos giving them a unique distinct culture from thier original culture igbo
The dein agbor simply wants to maintain that balance of igbos and edo cultures he is just afraid the, Igbos cultures are encroaching faster into thier society diluting the edo culture which he himself as a traditionalist is to maintain

Nothing is wrong what the mornach said or he is doing he his there to preserve the culture of his people

And even if they were once original ibos but the culture has been diluted we can only admire it we edo and igbos and not try changing it

We edos are only angry because you guys are insiting everything is igbos including the mornachy which is wrong....

1 Like

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by gregyboy(m): 1:53pm On Apr 27, 2020
Osagyefo98:

They always say they are Igbos but why will you guys be bringing analysis that is somehow strange.

We are not the one claiming the entire agbor as edos we maintained that they were originally igbos who were conquered by our ancestors

The yorubas are the ones here twisting it like the benins are saying the agbors are fully edos

We always mainted that only the royalty is edos
We are yet to claim some part if edo as benins not to say igbos

2 Likes

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by Nobody: 1:58pm On Apr 27, 2020
gregyboy:

We are not the one claiming the entire agbor as edos we mainted that they were originally igbos who were conquered by thier ancestors

The yorubas are the ones here twisting it like the benins are saying the agbors are fully edos

We always mainted that only the royalty is edos
We are yet to claim some part if edo as benins not to say igbos

Alright.

Your submission is always balance and I feel at home with it sometimes.

1 Like

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by Nobody: 2:02pm On Apr 27, 2020
gregyboy:

The only the thing the edo person did was to bring the post to nairaland

The others were been said by dein of agbor, the dein of agbor knows he is of benin bloodline so as the monarch the protector of thier culture, he is just check mating the igbos influence like the chiefs putting on red caps.....
Originally the agbors were igbos no doubt but were later mixed with edos giving them a unique distinct culture from thier original culture igbo
The dein agbor simply wants to maintain that balance of igbos and edo cultures he is just afraid the, Igbos cultures are encroaching faster into thier society diluting the edo culture which he himself as a traditionalist is to maintain

Nothing is wrong what the mornach said or he is doing he his there to preserve the culture of his people

And even if they were once original ibos but the culture has been diluted we can only admire it we edo and igbos and not try changing it

We edos are only angry because you guys are insiting everything is igbos including the mornachy which is wrong....

His father was Igbo and was Obi of Agbor. He didn't change his title. He answered igbo names and even his son ruling now goes by name Ikenchukwu.

Why didn't he change his name to Izoduwa or osagie.

These are evidences that abounds. He is just be overwhelmed by youthful exuberance because he is not wiser than his father and fathers before him.

1 Like

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by gregyboy(m): 2:58pm On Apr 27, 2020
Osagyefo98:

His father was Igbo and was Obi of Agbor. He didn't change his title. He answered igbo names and even his son ruling now goes by name Ikenchukwu.

Why didn't he change his name to Izoduwa or osagie.

These are evidences that abounds. He is just be overwhelmed by youthful exuberance because he is not wiser than his father and fathers before him.

He is just saying they have a unique names which are original to thier own people which is not igbo persay but a mixture of edo-igbo names and with a unique spellings

Even amongst the real igbos they have thier individual igbo dialect unique to thier various clan

So as the agbor people he is not saying they are not igbos but he is maintaining that accepting the general igbo culture is what is wrong and he doesn't want that, even if they are igbos he still want to maintain his unique igbo identity which is a mixture of igbo and edo

Osita Osadebe is from atani in anambra an area close to the anioma regions and that is also few km from onitsha, he mainted his anioma name osadebe which can be interpreted as osadeba( god is with me) in benin
This are the unique names indigenous to the anioma areas, he is probably against his fathers to allow total igbo influence on thier people

And he is not been exuberant he is been a good leader to his people
Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by RedboneSmith(m): 4:54pm On Apr 27, 2020
gregyboy:

He is just saying they have a unique names which are original to thier own people which is not igbo persay but a mixture of edo-igbo names and with a unique spellings

Even amongst the real igbos they have thier individual igbo dialect unique to thier various clan

So as the agbor people he is not saying they are not igbos but he is maintaining that accepting the general igbo culture is what is wrong and he doesn't want that, even if they are igbos he still want to maintain his unique igbo identity which is a mixture of igbo and edo

Osita Osadebe is from atani in anambra an area close to the anioma regions and that is also few km from onitsha, he mainted his anioma name osadebe which can be interpreted as osadeba( god is with me) in benin
This are the unique names indigenous to the anioma areas, he is probably against his fathers to allow total igbo influence on thier people

Osadebe is not God is with me; Osadebe means May God keep (me) /may God preserve (me) .

1 Like

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by Nobody: 5:42pm On Apr 27, 2020
gregyboy:

Anioma is a recent acronym and stop equating it to Igbo. Before Anioma was coined Osadebe has been born and answering his father's name. So stop conflicting the two terms because they are entirely different. Osadebe is older than anything called anioma because it just a recent term.

That been said which other total Igbo Influence than his name that signifies who he is. I still repeat that he cannot be wiser than his father.

All these issues are caused by your brothers with strange analysis. Sound analysis must be diplomatic to achieve the desired goal.

3 Likes

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by gregyboy(m): 6:02pm On Apr 27, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Anioma is a recent acronym and stop equating it to Igbo. Before Anioma was coined Osadebe has been born and answering his father's name. So stop conflicting the two terms because they are entirely different. Osadebe is older than anything called anioma because it just a recent term.

That been said which other total Igbo Influence than his name that signifies who he is. I still repeat that he cannot be wiser than his father.

All these issues are caused by your brothers with strange analysis. Sound analysis must be diplomatic to achieve the desired goal.

He cannot be wiser than his father what are you saying are trying to be bigoted or you trying to impress me with your bigotry

Every parents prays for his son to be better than them, the mistakes of the father is mostly corrected by his children.........

The power rest on him to make the laws now,
Whatever degree suit him becomes a law

The king is not saying they should start bearing edo names or speak edo language what he is saying the should maintain thier identity as agbor
Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by IDENNAA(m): 2:27am On Apr 29, 2020
gregyboy:

An Atani or Onicha man has more in common with a person from Imo to an Agbor man. Personally , I would want Ika to join Bini. Meanwhile, Osadebe is a common name found primarily i n Anambra and Enuani...so are Osakwe , Mordi , Nwosa , Chukwuma etc. Also , bear in mind that most westrern Igbos were originally from Anambra. Even Ogboli of Onicha has strong Nri elements.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by gregyboy(m): 2:41am On Apr 29, 2020
IDENNAA:

An Atani or Onicha man has more in common with a person from Imo to an Agbor man. Personally , I would want Ika to join Bini. Meanwhile, Osadebe is a common name found primarily i n Anambra and Enuani...so are Osakwe , Mordi , Nwosa , Chukwuma etc. Also , bear in mind that most westrern Igbos were originally from Anambra. Even Ogboli of Onicha has strong Nri elements.

We are not claiming igbos as benin
We are yet to even accept the other part of edo as benins not to say far away igbo
Although some very few benin people migrated to those areas to establish kingship
Some was indirect kingship i. E an already established benin kingship in the east break out and migrated to a new settlement were they form another benin kingship
Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by IDENNAA(m): 3:57pm On Apr 29, 2020
gregyboy:

We are not claiming igbos as benin
We are yet to even accept the other part of edo as benins not to say far away igbo
Although some very few benin people migrated to those areas to establish kingship
Some was indirect kingship i. E an already established benin kingship in the east break out and migrated to a new settlement were they form another benin kingship

Bini didn't establish any kingship eastwards. What you have were settlements who copied Bini style of kingship. That's why no Igbo settlements east or west of Igbo land has the Obaship appendage. None celebrates Igue....you have migration from Bini but they were inconsequential both in number and culture.

You think too highly of yourselves....lmao
Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by gregyboy(m): 4:03pm On Apr 29, 2020
IDENNAA:

Bini didn't establish any kingship eastwards. What you have were settlements who copied Bini style of kingship. That's why no Igbo settlements east or west of Igbo land has the Obaship appendage. None celebrates Igue....you have migration from Bini but they were inconsequential both in number and culture.

You think too highly of yourselves....lmao

Ooh,

The History is documented if you like denial it, when the need for the truth arrival someday the truth will be brought out

Because if i say i should debate you or face you in a debate u will bring nri fairytale and i dont do that....... Arguing on myth

Anyhow you reasom am as long it suit you alone
Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by IDENNAA(m): 4:24pm On Apr 29, 2020
gregyboy:

Ooh,

The History is documented if you like denial it, when the need for the truth arrival someday the truth will be brought out

Because if i say i should debate you or face you in a debate u will bring nri fairytale and i dont do that....... Arguing on myth

Anyhow you reasom am as long it suit you alone

Bring your verifiable facts...lol

Dont bring anything that is not aligned with traditional realities...Like the Zik's story you Bini people love so much but when you are asked to prove it you accuse us of mocking Zik
Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by samuk: 5:11pm On Apr 29, 2020
IDENNAA:

Bring your verifiable facts...lol

Dont bring anything that is not aligned with traditional realities...Like the Zik's story you Bini people love so much but when you are asked to prove it you accuse us of mocking Zik

Excerpt:
“One day I asked her (grandmother) the meaning of the word ‘Onitsha’. She explained that it had historical significance. The terminology meant one who despised another. It is a contraction of two words, Onini to despise, and Ncha meaning others. So that the two words when joined together mean one who despises others. Then I asked her why we despised others. She patted me on the back and told me that it was due to our aristocratic background and tradition. I insisted that she should explain to me the basis of this supercilious social attitude. She told me that we despised others because we descended from the Royal House of Benin and so regarded ourselves as the superiors of other tribes who had no royal blood in their veins, “
“I continued to belabor my grandmother to tell me more of the history and origins of the Onitsha people. She narrated that many many years ago, there lived at Idu (Benin) a great Oba who had many children. Due to a power struggle regarding the right of precedence among princes of the blood and other altercations, there was a civil war in Benin. One day, the supporters of one of the princes insulted and assaulted Queen Asije, the mother of of the Oba of Benin, who was accused of having trespassed on their farmland. Enraged at this evidence of indiscipline and lawlessness, the Oba ordered his war chief and brother, Gbunwala Asije to apprehend and punish the insurgents. In the attempt to penalise them, Chima, the ultimate founder of the Onitsha city-state, a prince of the blood in his own right, led the recalcitrants against his Uncle, Gbunwala. This intensified the civil war which rent the kingdom of Benin in two and led to the founding of Onitsha Ado N’Idu, , ” “As the great trek from Benin progressed, some did not have the stout heart of the pioneer-warrior, and decided to settle at different places, known today as Onitsha -Ugbo, Onitsha-Olona, Onitsha-Mili, Obior, Issele Ukwu, Ossomari, Aboh, etc,
” SOURCE – Nnamdi Azikiwe: My Odyssey, Chapter I (Spectrum Books, 1970) “My
Genealogy and Nativity” p 11 – 12

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by IDENNAA(m): 5:19pm On Apr 29, 2020
samuk:

Excerpt:
“One day I asked her (grandmother) the meaning of the word ‘Onitsha’. She explained that it had historical significance. The terminology meant one who despised another. It is a contraction of two words, Onini to despise, and Ncha meaning others. So that the two words when joined together mean one who despises others. Then I asked her why we despised others. She patted me on the back and told me that it was due to our aristocratic background and tradition. I insisted that she should explain to me the basis of this supercilious social attitude. She told me that we despised others because we descended from the Royal House of Benin and so regarded ourselves as the superiors of other tribes who had no royal blood in their veins, “
“I continued to belabor my grandmother to tell me more of the history and origins of the Onitsha people. She narrated that many many years ago, there lived at Idu (Benin) a great Oba who had many children. Due to a power struggle regarding the right of precedence among princes of the blood and other altercations, there was a civil war in Benin. One day, the supporters of one of the princes insulted and assaulted Queen Asije, the mother of of the Oba of Benin, who was accused of having trespassed on their farmland. Enraged at this evidence of indiscipline and lawlessness, the Oba ordered his war chief and brother, Gbunwala Asije to apprehend and punish the insurgents. In the attempt to penalise them, Chima, the ultimate founder of the Onitsha city-state, a prince of the blood in his own right, led the recalcitrants against his Uncle, Gbunwala. This intensified the civil war which rent the kingdom of Benin in two and led to the founding of Onitsha Ado N’Idu, , ” “As the great trek from Benin progressed, some did not have the stout heart of the pioneer-warrior, and decided to settle at different places, known today as Onitsha -Ugbo, Onitsha-Olona, Onitsha-Mili, Obior, Issele Ukwu, Ossomari, Aboh, etc,

What do I do with this delusion of grandeur ? Cc. samuk

Lol @ aristocratic background. This thing is so embarrassingly stupid. I will reserve my comments regarding this delusion until an Onicha person shows up and tell me what I dont know
Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by samuk: 6:58pm On Apr 29, 2020
IDENNAA:

What do I do with this delusion of grandeur ? Cc. samuk

Lol @ aristocratic background. This thing is so embarrassingly stupid. I will reserve my comments regarding this delusion until an Onicha person shows up and tell me what I dont know

Nothing delusional about Zik's aristocratic background claim, his is as authentic as it could be.

Before he became, an Igbo, Zik of Africa, Chief, first president of Nigeria and greatest politician from the south east, he was first of a royal blood from one of Africa's greatest empires and civilisations.

You guys can disagree, but be rest assured that your jealousy infused negative thoughts towards this great son of Africa doesn't count because you can't know Zik's history more than Zik himself.

Rather than worry about what Zik wrote about his ancestors, you should research the history of your own family, if it leads back to Benin, you will also be accepted as brother/s, we don't discriminate.

Whenever you think of claiming Zik for the south east alone, always remember his ancestral background and history.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by IDENNAA(m): 7:39pm On Apr 29, 2020
samuk:

Nothing delusional about Zik's aristocratic background claim, his is as authentic as it could be.

Before he became, an Igbo, Zik of Africa, Chief, first president of Nigeria and greatest politician from the south east, he was first of a royal blood from one of Africa's greatest empires and civilisations.

You guys can disagree, but be rest assured that your jealousy infused negative thoughts towards this great son of Africa doesn't count because you can't know Zik's history more than Zik himself.

Rather than worry about what Zik wrote about his ancestors, you should research the history of your own family, if it leads back to Benin, you will also be accepted as brother/s, we don't discriminate.

Whenever you think of claiming Zik for the south east alone, always remember his ancestral background and history.

First off, Zik has no Bini ancestry, therefore that nonsense you wrote is nullified. I told you

My ancestry is well known and please, we don't ever wish to be Bini....I dont want to be rude but dont make me. I have already told you that the story Zik told were unsubstantiated but you remained stubborn grasping at straws.

Please and please not once in my life did I ever wish to be related to Bini...I once lived there. I dont want to be offensive here but DONT ever lower me enough to connect me to Bini. You worship your fellow human who you are probably wiser than...Oga I am an Nri offspring!! Get that in your head!

As for Bini kingdom being the biggest in Africa ...lol...I dont want to be mean and put you in your place. I dont envy anything out of Bini. Onicha people can cross over and join you but history must be preserved. Onicha has no Bini ancestry and history shows that.

Finally, I don't celebrate Zik , he is not my hero , I dont look up to him and no Igbo does. He is a typical Onicha man with unmerited ego...Onicha people are brags and anybody who brags carelessly can even claim he is a pile of feces if you told him people would love him for it.

Side note: Zik didn't achieve greatness not more than Achebe. With all his purported intelligence he got played...lol
Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by IDENNAA(m): 8:04pm On Apr 29, 2020
Where is the aristocracy in Zik's background? I cant find it.
Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by samuk: 8:16pm On Apr 29, 2020
IDENNAA:

First off, Zik has no Bini ancestry, therefore that nonsense you wrote is nullified. I told you

My ancestry is well known and please, we don't ever wish to be Bini....I dont want to be rude but dont make me. I have already told you that the story Zik told were unsubstantiated but you remained stubborn grasping at straws.

Please and please not once in my life did I ever wish to be related to Bini...I once lived there. I dont want to be offensive here but DONT ever lower me enough to connect me to Bini. You worship your fellow human who you are probably wiser than...Oga I am an Nri offspring!! Get that in your head!

As for Bini kingdom being the biggest in Africa ...lol...I dont want to be mean and put you in your place. I dont envy anything out of Bini. Onicha people can cross over and join you but history must be preserved. Onicha has no Bini ancestry and history shows that.

Finally, I don't celebrate Zik , he is not my hero , I dont look up to him and no Igbo does. He is a typical Onicha man with unmerited ego...Onicha people are brags and anybody who brags carelessly can even claim he is a pile of feces if you told him people would love him for it.

Side note: Zik didn't achieve greatness not more than Achebe. With all his purported intelligence he got played...lol

Basically, you are saying I should not believe Zik, but believe you that Zik has no Benin ancestry.

You also suggested that being Benin is beneath you.

You claim that Zik didn't achieve greatness and Achebe is greater than Zik. You also claim that Zik is an unintelligent brag.

On the issue of believing you rather than Zik on his Benin ancestry claim, what did Zik wanted to gain in claiming a lesser Benin heritage according to you.

You claimed that Benin heritage was beneath you and you are strenuously trying to refute Zik's Benin heritage claim, I simply don't get it.

Could you please tell me what was Zik's motive to tell the world that his ancestors were Benin people.

Was he trying to win Benin votes in retirement, what exactly was the gain in his claim if it was not true.

1 Like

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by IDENNAA(m): 9:07pm On Apr 29, 2020
samuk:

Basically, you are saying I should not believe Zik, but believe you that Zik has no Benin ancestry.

You also suggested that being Benin is beneath you.

You claim that Zik didn't achieve greatness and Achebe is greater than Zik. You also claim that Zik is an unintelligent brag.

On the issue of believing you rather than Zik on his Benin ancestry claim, what did Zik wanted to gain in claiming a lesser Benin heritage according to you.

You claimed that Benin heritage was beneath you and you are strenuously trying to refute Zik's Benin heritage claim, I simply don't get it.

Could you please tell me what was Zik's motive to tell the world that his ancestors were Benin people.

Was he trying to win Benin votes in retirement, what exactly was the gain in his claim if it was not true.

I never stated Bini was beneath me but dont make condescending statement regarding my ancestral roots. I am contented with the origin God placed me. Zik wrote what he was fed with growing up. Now , it's left to you to verify that which he presented as facts. Are they facts ? You know what qualifies a story as a fact.
Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by RedboneSmith(m): 9:38pm On Apr 29, 2020
samuk:

Excerpt:

Lol. Go and read 'Fragments of Onitsha History', an essay that Zik wrote in 1930, 40 years before his autobiography came out. Zik wrote there that his people migrated from a kingdom which was close to and under the shadow of the Benin Empire. He called the kingdom Ado n'Idu and said it was "a subordinate district of the empire of Benin", and also that "The Ado n'Idus were a sort of ally to Benin", and that "relations between the two kingdoms were close."

Clearly, in 1930, Zik believed his people came, not from Benin, but from somewhere close to and under Benin's influence, probably the present-day Anioma; and that they moved out because of hostilities from the expanding empire of Benin.

I'm just throwing it out there so people know there are other traditions apart from the Benin emigration story that has now drowned out the other (more logical) tradition.

The screenshot:

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by samuk: 9:50pm On Apr 29, 2020
IDENNAA:

I never stated Bini was beneath me but dont make condescending statement regarding my ancestral roots. I am contented with the origin God placed me. Zik wrote what he was fed with growing up. Now , it's left to you to verify that which he presented as facts. Are they facts ? You know what qualifies a story as a fact.

Imagine for once that you decided to indulge us with the history of your ancestors, how would you feel if someone that is not even from your town let alone your family calls you a liar and say what you have written about your family are fabrications, this is what you are doing to Zik's claim.

My question continue to be, why would Zik decide to tell us about his Benin ancestry in retirement, he was not seeking for votes. Zik is not the only Onitsha person I have seen that have link Onitsha history to Benin, so I have no reason to doubt them because I don't have a monopoly to Benin ancestry.

Every Nigerian tribes are having children all over the world at the moment, it will be wrong for anyone to call them a liar if the descendants of our children in diaspora decides to write an autobiography in the future stating their Nigeria heritage.

Benin was once an empire that people migrated from and immigrated to.

1 Like

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by IDENNAA(m): 10:04pm On Apr 29, 2020
People call you a liar because they found what you said to be untrue. Meanwhile , I never said Zik was a liar. He knew he was wrong but went ahead and wrote the nonsense
Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by IDENNAA(m): 10:16pm On Apr 29, 2020
Bini was never an empire!!

Bini didn't establish any town in western Igbo.

Bini people dug a ditch around them for fear on invasion and you call that an empire.

You believe Zik's story because it makes you feel good having the Onicha as subordinates...smh. Culturally they are more elegant and graceful than you...that's Omanbala flow

Bros, great historians have nullified Ziks account but you are still perching on it because that version makes you happy...lol

Mankind!
Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by RedboneSmith(m): 10:40pm On Apr 29, 2020
A reminder that alternative traditions of Onitsha origin has been recorded since the beginning of the 20th century.

Written by an anthropologist as early as 1912.

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by samuk: 11:08pm On Apr 29, 2020
RedboneSmith:
A reminder that alternative traditions of Onitsha origin has been recorded since the beginning of the 20th century.

Written by an anthropologist as early as 1912.

Too many ignorant bigoted latterday revisionist from the Biafra south east. Everyone now have to have Nri ancestry. Old history of the various people that make up the south east have to be replaced with new fabrications.

1 Like

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by RedboneSmith(m): 11:13pm On Apr 29, 2020
samuk:

Too many ignorant bigoted latterday revisionist from the Biafra south east. Everyone now have to have Nri ancestry. Old history of the various people that make up the south east have to be replaced with new fabrications.

This is not "latter day". This is from 1912.

This is not from a Biafran. This is from the respected British anthropologist Northcote Thomas.

Wanna try something else?
Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by IDENNAA(m): 11:21pm On Apr 29, 2020
samuk:

You called him ignorant just because he didn't swallow the bbullshit you have been feeding on, is not so ? You are a despicable soul
Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by samuk: 11:33pm On Apr 29, 2020
IDENNAA:

You called him ignorant just because he didn't swallow the bbullshit you have been feeding on, is not so ? You are a despicable soul

I was actually referring to you. His screenshot actually supports the Benin founding oral tradition of the people you are desperately trying to change. I guess you didn't read his submission or you didn't comprehend what was written.

The people claim Benin ancestry while those that were supposed to write what they were told said they couldn't find evidence and decided to disproved what they were told.

1 Like

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by samuk: 11:41pm On Apr 29, 2020
RedboneSmith:

This is not "latter day". This is from 1912.

This is not from a Biafran. This is from the respected British anthropologist Northcote Thomas.

Wanna try something else?

I wasn't referring to you but the so called anthropologists and those feeding on their nonsense. The people clearly told them their oral history and who was their overlord, it's not in place of the writer to doubt the people's history.

After the British sacked Benin in 1897, they went all out to diminished the influence of Benin across the region. Even after the monarchy was restored, the British discouraged traditional rulers that were part of old Benin empire from paying homage to the new Oba of Benin.

Today, there are traditional rulers in Anioma and across south south that still claim Benin ancestry over 120 years after the empire ended. Benin is not the one claiming these people, but we will not reject but acknowledge them. Benin ancestry is not the monopoly of those that live in Benin alone.

In the screenshot you posted, it wasn't the people that said they weren't from Benin, it was the anthropologists that said he couldn't find the basis for the people's claim to Benin or you didn't read it before you posted it. You submission said there was an annual message being sent between the Anioma/Onitsha and Benin until around 1840.
Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by IDENNAA(m): 12:50am On Apr 30, 2020
samuk:

I was actually referring to you. His screenshot actually supports the Benin founding oral tradition of the people you are desperately trying to change. I guess you didn't read his submission or you didn't comprehend what was written.

The people claim Benin ancestry while those that were supposed to write what they were told said they couldn't find evidence and decided to disproved what they were told.

Yes, he stated what the oral tradition told before the mind blowing research that proved absolutely that Onicha couldn't have originated from Bini. If , so , how in the world does 99.9% of all Onicha people including Olona, Ukwu , Ugbo bear Igbotic name. This cant happen over night...explain that mystery.

How often does Bini , Uhrobo, Efemai , Eshan , Etsako have children and they all ended with Igbotic names. Its not possible except if we Igbo were oppressors that forced our culture on others but we aren't. Bini were the oppressors in the old times yet they ended up with nothing.

And , yes, you are eternally insecure and ignorant. Because if you knew Onicha culture very well you would never pay mind to any soul thats peddling the Bini story. Even the Bini closest neighbors like Igbanke and Agbor held on to their Igbo cultures....even the Ignophobic Obi/Dein of Agbor held to his Igbotic names till this day while he was busy cajoling his subjects to denounce Igbo. Dein Ikencuku Keagborekuzi is his name yet this is the most Igbo hating group on planet earth!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research / Let's Learn Swahili / Oluwo Of Iwo To Engrave Faces Of Mandela, Nkrumah, Awolowo, Others On Stone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.