Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor (15163 Views)

Youngest Monarch/king On Earth Till Today; Dein Of Agbor Delta State / Stop Promoting Igbo Culture, Says #dein_of_agbor / Meet The World Youngest King "Dein Of Agbor" And The History Of Agbor Delta Stat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by RedboneSmith(m): 8:27am On May 05, 2020
gregyboy:

I just asked for okowa

I have heard two explanations.

1. Oko + uwa. Oko is Igbo for man or male. Uwa is Edo for wealth. So it would mean man of wealth or wealthy man. I disagree with this explanation because Ika people do not say uwa but uwe. If the name was wealthy man, it would have been Okowe or Okuwe.

2. The second explanation which makes more sense to me is Oko + Owa, where Oko is still Igbo for man, and Owa is the name of the town. So that Okowa would mean man from Owa.

Ifeanyi Okowa is from Owa by the way.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by gregyboy(m): 9:24am On May 05, 2020
RedboneSmith:

1. Oko + uwa. Oko is Igbo for man or male. Uwa is Edo for wealth. So it would mean man of wealth or wealthy man. I disagree with this explanation because Ika people do not say uwa but uwe. If the name was wealthy man, it would have been Okowe or Okuwe.

2. The second explanation which makes more sense to me is Oko + Owa, where Oko is still Igbo for man, and Owa is the name of the town. So that Okowa would mean man from Owa.

I guess you are given your own possible explanation

Lets wait for any anioma from owa to tell us the meaning
Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by Nobody: 6:24pm On May 05, 2020
gregyboy:

I guess you are given your own possible explanation

Lets wait for any anioma from owa to tell us the meaning

He is right about the second explanation. Unless you want him to add Ifeanyi and EKWUEME to the explanation.

Okowa- Also, Oko Owa. In Igbo phonology, two syllabic vowels standing together leads to swallowing (Olulo uda ime) so the two /a/ syllables that ought to stand together has undergone this process. Youth of Owa. Oko or Okoro means young man in Igbo, while Owa means a kingdom, a land in present Delta State. It could be that the governor’s forefathers made in pact in their community and are honoured or are personally proud of their community. Other Igbo names with this projection of their town include Nworlu (Child of Orlu Kingdom).

1 Like

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by gregyboy(m): 6:42pm On May 05, 2020
Juliusmalema:

He is right about the second explanation. Unless you want him to add Ifeanyi and EKWUEME to the explanation.

Okowa- Also, Oko Owa. In Igbo phonology, two syllabic vowels standing together leads to swallowing (Olulo uda ime) so the two /a/ syllables that ought to stand together has undergone this process. Youth of Owa. Oko or Okoro means young man in Igbo, while Owa means a kingdom, a land in present Delta State. It could be that the governor’s forefathers made in pact in their community and are honoured or are personally proud of their community. Other Igbo names with this projection of their town include Nworlu (Child of Orlu Kingdom).

Owa in benin mean house

Oko= meaning a spot, point

Okoro pronounced as oko means prince's

I wouldn't want to debate on this....

But what am seeing okowa is an anioma name and not an igbo name
Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by Nobody: 6:47pm On May 05, 2020
gregyboy:

Owa in benin mean house

Oko= meaning a spot, point

Okoro pronounced as oko means prince's

I wouldn't want to debate on this....

But what am seeing okowa is an anioma name and not an igbo name

The argument just become useless and I am not going further.

Anioma is not an ethnic group or a tribe to even get name. Dennis Osadebe coined the name as an entry to be used in Ohanaeze ndigbo.

I wonder when Anioma became an ethnic group to have name. Wonders shall never cease on nairaland.

It is simply an Igbo name. Anioma is not an ethnicity.

4 Likes

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by gregyboy(m): 6:52pm On May 05, 2020
Juliusmalema:

The argument just become useless and I am not going further.

Anioma is not an ethnic group or a tribe to even get name. Dennis Osadebe coined the name as an entry to be used in Ohanaeze ndigbo.

I wonder when Anioma became an ethnic group to have name. Wonders shall never cease on nairaland.

It is simply an Igbo name. Anioma is not an ethnicity.

We how the name came

But today it is used to refer to ethnicity........

And what he meant by anioma was the areas influenced by benin and igbo culture
Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by Nobody: 6:59pm On May 05, 2020
gregyboy:

We how the name came

Edo made it ethnicity or who is referring to it as ethnicity?

In Ohanaeze they are called Anioma. There are no edo in Ohanaeze but Igbos alone. So how did Igbo and bini culture enter there...

Elumelu called himself a proud Igbo man in in full glare of Nigerians in green Chambers.

Anioma is not an ethnic group pls.

I thought you always logical in your analysis but this is way below average.

1 Like

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by IDENNAA(m): 9:43pm On May 05, 2020
gregyboy:

We how the name came

This is like a defeated downtrodden man , who doesn't want to accept his position, yet , everyone can see the picture. You Bini people are sad and pathetic !

1 Like

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by AreaFada2: 11:21pm On May 05, 2020
RedboneSmith:

In Benin Oko is dude, uwa is wealth. Okoro is prince. Oko mwen can mean my guy, my buddy or my pal in slang.

Okoro n'okhua is literally great prince but actually means heir apparent. Heir apparent becomes Edaiken of Uselu or crown prince after investiture and takes residence in his Uselu domain.

Ruling basically as a princely duke at Uselu. It is after investiture as crown prince that he doesn't see the Oba again. Hence investiture is much delayed in modern times so that he can keep seeing and learning from the Oba. Not exactly relevant to this topic but a chance to say it anyway.

Only okowa will know the context of his name.

1 Like

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by Nobody: 6:46am On May 06, 2020
AreaFada2:

In Benin Oko is dude, uwa is wealth. Okoro is prince. Oko mwen can mean my guy, my buddy or my pal in slang.

Okoro n'okhua is literally great prince but actually means heir apparent. Heir apparent becomes Edaiken of Uselu or crown prince after investiture and takes residence in his Uselu domain.

Ruling basically as a princely duke at Uselu. It is after investiture as crown prince that he doesn't see the Oba again. Hence investiture is much delayed in modern times so that he can keep seeing and learning from the Oba. Not exactly relevant to this topic but a chance to say it anyway.

Okowa has been explained for you. Your analysis is off tangent to his name.

1 Like

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by AreaFada2: 7:00am On May 06, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Okowa has been explained for you. Your analysis is off tangent to his name.

So you as Mr Omniscient god have conjured up an explanation and that's final, lol. You must really think very highly of yourself. grin cheesy

When I write epistles, it's not really because of people like you, it's because of very many sensible and curious people silently reading. I know because some privately get in touch for various explanations.

1 Like

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by Nobody: 7:57am On May 06, 2020
AreaFada2:

So you as Mr Omniscient god have conjured up an explanation and that's final, lol. You must really think very highly of yourself. grin cheesy

When I write epistles, it's not really because of people like you, it's because of very many sensible and curious people silently reading. I know because some privately get in touch for various explanations.

Well, let them be but there is no need for us to do so.

I don't need to get in touch to what I know well. I am not a hunter neither will allow to be hunted.

So those getting in touch are hunters looking for hunts.

1 Like

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by proeast(m): 12:27pm On Aug 29, 2020
gregyboy:

We how the name came

I don't know why you guys like decieving yourselves. What makes Anioma different from Mbaise, Nkanu, Ohafia, Owerri, Asa etc?
So any Igbo community that lies in the South South automatically becomes an ethnic nationality that is different other Igbos in the South East?

What is the definition of tribe and ethnicity?

Or are you saying that a phrase called South South that was recently coined for political convenience (even when it has no meaning in geography, cardinal point nor is it even in constitution) is now more authoritative in determining a person's identity than their heritage that has been part of them since the very beginning?

4 Likes

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by proeast(m): 12:37pm On Aug 29, 2020
AreaFada2:

I don't blame people like you, rather I blame some of the misguided people in Anioma land who does not understand the implications of allowing your cooked up myths and legends to stand instead of outrightly rebuking anybody that makes such ridiculous statement.

I will personally consider it an insult for someone of a totally different identity and origin to impose themselves on me and claim I belong to their clan.

Does it mean I don't have my own origin?
Are you saying that Bini is superior to Anioma and they've to kowtow to them?

The Yorubas are already proving with evidence that the Royal stool in Benin is being ruled by their descendants and that Oba of Benin is under the authority of Ife, instead of you to channel your energy into either proving them wrong or accepting it, you are here insulting Anioma people.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by proeast(m): 12:44pm On Aug 29, 2020
IDENNAA:

This is like a defeated downtrodden man , who doesn't want to accept his position, yet , everyone can see the picture. You Bini people are sad and pathetic !

Honestly, I really blame some of the Anioma people who doesn't understand the implications of allowing such insult by these guys to stand against them.

People are relying on myths and legends to claim being superior to another group of people that are totally different from them.

Of what benefit would associating with Benin offer to the Anioma people when they're even more populous, more educated, and more endowed in terms of human and natural resources than the said Bini, a minority group with nothing to offer?

2 Likes

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by proeast(m): 1:04pm On Aug 29, 2020
gregyboy:

Utomi is a typical edo name

I have not seen Anioma claiming igbo neither have they claim edo they are anioma mixture of both.....
Your ego may sink you soon if you always debunk the truth.......

Yes he is fascinated because that was is ancestoral root,

The fact is anioma is mixture of both edo and igbos

Sames the eastern igbo are mixture of igbo and igala

You can quote me without insult dont bring your emotions along while quoting me next time
I wont be replying you any further i will just press the report button
Let's be civil pls

The funny thing is that you're quite a novice yet claiming to be well informed.
Go to Bonny island, deep in Ijaw territory, and see the indigenes speaking fluent Igbo and same with other places in Ijaw land, yet you don't see us claiming those people and places as Igboland despite all these factors. Yet you want to leave your rustic villages and start claiming people that have no linguistics, tradition or cultural similarity with you? Even in terms of physical appearance, there is no similarity whatsoever.

Why would you see Anioma claiming Igbo when they're already Igbo?

What is the meaning of Anioma in Bini?

If they're not Igbo, will they be answering Igbo names, observing Igbo cultures and tradition?

Would they even be part of Ohanaeze to start with if they're not Igbo?

Go and tell Ngozi Okonjo Iweala or the most prominent ruler in Anioma, the well learned Obi of Asaba, Chike Edozien that they're not Igbo and see what they would do to you.

There are asmall settlement of Igalas in Anambra and Enugu, so because they're in South East now means they are Igbo and no longer Igala?

To whom brain is giving, sense is expected.

4 Likes

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by AreaFada2: 6:09pm On Aug 29, 2020
proeast:

I don't blame people like you, rather I blame some of the misguided people in Anioma land who does not understand the implications of allowing your cooked up myths and legends to stand instead of outrightly rebuking anybody that makes such ridiculous statement.

I will personally consider it an insult for someone of a totally different identity and origin to impose themselves on me and claim I belong to their clan.

Does it mean I don't have my own origin?
Are you saying that Bini is superior to Anioma and they've to kowtow to them?

The Yorubas are already proving with evidence that the Royal stool in Benin is being ruled by their descendants and that Oba of Benin is under the authority of Ife, instead of you to channel your energy into either proving them wrong or accepting it, you are here insulting Anioma people.

Lol. King George the first of England was the elector/monarch of Hannover when he was called become king of England in 1714. If you do not know about world history go learn about it. If you have the ability to do so. Because many of you are so narrow minded and bitter to read widely.

Does it mean that England is today under Germany? The Royal family of Sweden came from France, is Sweden under France today?

The first Oba of Lagos and Olu of Warri were Benin princes, are these kingdoms under Benin today?

You and your Yoruba friends believe that originating from somewhere means inferiority, that is why so much fight to twist history.

That due to more population of Yoruba on Nairaland, making wild claims, reflecting higher population of Yoruba compared to Benin in Nigeria does not mean they have any evidence. Evidence desperately cobbled together by ewedu academics. grin cheesy

Benin people are not the ones conniving with Hausa Fulani to deny you lot your due in Nigeria 50 years after Biafra war.

Those new friends of yours also connived with Hausa Fulani to massacre you people in Anioma.

For your information, it's this silly and useless talk by Alake, a very recent monarch in history, that made Oba Akenzua the second to lead Midwest out of Western Region.

We are used to the shinanigans of fake Yoruba and immigrants to Yoruba land who over do it. Like religious zealots who converted newly overdo it.

Go face your history and current life with Yoruba since you call yourself Igbo.

Benin has perfectly dealt with Yoruba for centuries.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 29, 2020
AreaFada2:

Lol. King George the first of England was the elector/monarch of Hannover when he was called become king of England in 1714. If you do not know about world history go learn about it. If you have the ability to do so. Because many of you are so narrow minded and bitter to read widely.

Does it mean that England is today under Germany? The Royal family of Sweden came from France, is Sweden under France today?

The first Oba of Lagos and Olu of Warri were Benin princes, are these kingdoms under Benin today?

You and your Yoruba friends believe that originating from somewhere means inferiority, that is why so much fight to twist history.

That due to more population of Yoruba on Nairaland, making wild claims, reflecting higher population of Yoruba compared to Benin in Nigeria does not mean they have any evidence. Evidence desperately cobbled together by ewedu academics. grin cheesy

Benin people are not the ones conniving with Hausa Fulani to deny you lot your due in Nigeria 50 years after Biafra war.

Those new friends of yours also connived with Hausa Fulani to massacre you people in Anioma.

For your information, it's this silly and useless talk by Alake, a very recent monarch in history, that made Oba Akenzua the second to lead Midwest out of Western Region.

We are used to the shinanigans of fake Yoruba and immigrants to Yoruba land who over do it. Like religious zealots who converted newly overdo it.

Bini are anti-igbo and pro-yoruba.

it has been shown and proved here.

1 Like

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by proeast(m): 7:40pm On Aug 29, 2020
AreaFada2:

I'm sorry, you're not making sense.
What do you mean by Anioma originating from Bini?

If they're of Bini descent then why are there nothing to show or prove that aside fantasizing about some ridiculous myths and legends?

Are you saying that the progenitor of all Anioma people was a Bini man but his descendants later abandoned the Bini language, culture, tradition and even physical looks and replaced it that of Igbos?

What's your point exactly with all these Bini land grabbing argument?

1 Like

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by AreaFada2: 8:45pm On Aug 29, 2020
proeast:

I'm sorry, you're not making sense.
What do you mean by Anioma originating from Bini?

If they're of Bini descent then why are there nothing to show or prove that aside fantasizing about some ridiculous myths and legends?

Are you saying that the progenitor of all Anioma people was a Bini man but his descendants later abandoned the Bini language, culture, tradition and even physical looks and replaced it that of Igbos?

What's your point exactly with all these Bini land grabbing argument?

What's my business with Anioma? Are they packing gold in the streets of Anioma? grin grin cheesy cheesy
I just illustrated the meaning of certain words in Benin Language in my post you first quoted. You could not prove that Okoro in Benin doesn't mean prince. Or that Uwa (like the girl sadly murdered in church) does not mean wealth/progress. So what's your argument about? shocked shocked

All I care about is that people have the right to identify with who they want in accordance with what they know about their history. If Zik of Africa said in his book that he is the descendant of a Benin prince later popularly known as Ezechima, no idiot has the right to rubbish Zik for it. And that applies to anybody else. Let people write their own history. QED.

Find another avenue to unleash your frustration.

1 Like

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by JasperVII(m): 8:46pm On Aug 29, 2020
Agbor people where una dey? Write something in "Agbor language" make we see.
Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by AreaFada2: 8:53pm On Aug 29, 2020
JasperVII:

I nor be Agbor. But several Ogbor deins were titled Gbenoba/Igbinoba. An Edo word meaning I seek protection or refuge with the Oba.

1 Like

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by AreaFada2: 8:55pm On Aug 29, 2020
JasperVII:

I nor be Agbor. But several Ogbor deins were titled Gbenoba/Igbinoba. An Edo word meaning I seek protection or refuge with the Oba.

Like Obika Gbenoba who reigned from 1935 to 1967.

https://www.facebook.com/ASIRIMagazine/photos/obi-obika-gbenoba-obi-of-agbor-who-was-obi-from-1935-till-1967-photo-via-solomon/1555170664515080/
Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by proeast(m): 9:20pm On Aug 29, 2020
AreaFada2:

What's my business with Anioma? Are they packing gold in the streets of Anioma? grin grin cheesy cheesy
I just illustrated the meaning of certain words in Benin Language in my post you first quoted. You could not prove that Okoro in Benin doesn't mean prince. Or that Uwa (like the girl sadly murdered in church) does not mean wealth/progress. So what's your argument about? shocked shocked

All I care about is that people have the right to identify with who they want in accordance with what they know about their history. If Zik of Africa said in his book that he is the descendant of a Benin prince later popularly known as Ezechima, no idiot has the right to rubbish Zik for it. And that applies to anybody else. Let people write their own history. QED.

Find another avenue to unleash your frustration.

Lol, such a funny guy. Does the okoro or uwa in Bini bear the meaning with same names in Igbo?

Virtually all languages have similar sounding names but mostly with different meanings. There are Igbo words and Yoruba or Hausa or even English words that sound alike without having same meaning so what's your point?

Bini prince who was named Ezechima? An Igbo name or does Ezechima has any meaning in Bini? If Ezechima sojourned in Benin at some point and later returned to Igboland, so it now means he originated from Benin?

If he was originally from Benin, then why was he called Ezechima instead of those awful and difficult to pronounce names of yours?

If Ezechima was of Benin descent, then why or how did he end up with Igbo language, culture, and tradition instead of Bini's?

2 Likes

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by AreaFada2: 2:28am On Aug 30, 2020
proeast:

Lol, such a funny guy. Does the okoro or uwa in Bini bear the meaning with same names in Igbo?

Virtually all languages have similar sounding names but mostly with different meanings. There are Igbo words and Yoruba or Hausa or even English words that sound alike without having same meaning so what's your point?

Bini prince who was named Ezechima? An Igbo name or does Ezechima has any meaning in Bini? If Ezechima sojourned in Benin at some point and later returned to Igboland, so it now means he originated from Benin?

If he was originally from Benin, then why was he called Ezechima instead of those awful and difficult to pronounce names of yours?

If Ezechima was of Benin descent, then why or how did he end up with Igbo language, culture, and tradition instead of Bini's?

I wanted to explain but I thought you were at least a little smart at least. But I was obviously too optimistic.

If you read again I wrote " who later became popularly known as Ezechima". Meaning he had another name from Benin before getting that name later.

In Japan, the Emperor gets his royal title after his death. It could be Enlightenment, Advancement or whatever (education, economic/technological success) best transformed or marked society during his reign. I keep referring to other old cultures because many people are too unexposed to see how humans have done things, irrespective of race or culture.

So a leader being given a new name later is nothing new.

So it appears you have not read the book Dr Zik wrote just after Biafra War.

You can find out Ezechima's Benin name if you are not too lazy. Or should I spoon-feed you? shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by gregyboy(m): 2:43am On Aug 30, 2020
proeast:

The funny thing is that you're quite a novice yet claiming to be well informed.
Go to Bonny island, deep in Ijaw territory, and see the indigenes speaking fluent Igbo and same with other places in Ijaw land, yet you don't see us claiming those people and places as Igboland despite all these factors. Yet you want to leave your rustic villages and start claiming people that have no linguistics, tradition or cultural similarity with you? Even in terms of physical appearance, there is no similarity whatsoever.

Why would you see Anioma claiming Igbo when they're already Igbo?

What is the meaning of Anioma in Bini?

If they're not Igbo, will they be answering Igbo names, observing Igbo cultures and tradition?

Would they even be part of Ohanaeze to start with if they're not Igbo?

Go and tell Ngozi Okonjo Iweala or the most prominent ruler in Anioma, the well learned Obi of Asaba, Chike Edozien that they're not Igbo and see what they would do to you.

There are asmall settlement of Igalas in Anambra and Enugu, so because they're in South East now means they are Igbo and no longer Igala?

To whom brain is giving, sense is expected.

In my spare time i would revisit this comment

1 Like

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by IDENNAA(m): 2:45am On Aug 30, 2020
AreaFada2:

I wanted to explain but I thought you were at least a little smart at least. But I was obviously too optimistic.

If you read again I wrote " who later became popularly known as Ezechima". Meaning he had another name from Benin before getting that name later.

In Japan, the Emperor gets his royal title after his death. It could be Enlightenment, Advancement or whatever (education, economic/technological success) best transformed or marked society during his reign. I keep referring to other old cultures because many people are too unexposed to see how humans have done things, irrespective of race or culture.

So a leader being given a new name later is nothing new.

So it appears you have not read the book Dr Zik wrote just after Biafra War.

You can find out Ezechima's Benin name if you are not too lazy. Or should I spoon-feed you? shocked shocked

Please , stop this pathetic tales because Ezechime did not arrive at Onicha alone. The whole contingent who departed Iduu na Oba had Igbo names and I meant every single one of them. That baseless claim will not fly here....Names like Aroli , Chukwuka , Chimedie , Oraeze etc were names of some people who arrived with him and they were speaking pure Igbo and practicing Igbo culture. Same goes for Onicha brethrens in Anioma who are also Igbo through and through. You guys have no shame , so much for "empire builders." Ezechima has no ffucking Bini name. You cant possibly be this dense! Employing some japanese traditions just to make a lame point only exposes your desperation...give up , already! Take your L with some joy. We have been living in this area longer before your little Bini was born. We are very ancient people and this is the Nri speaking.

Please , stop talking about Zik because not a single reference with proof of tradition to back his tales up was provided. Zik was just regurgitating the akuko iduu na oba my grand mother Iyom Nnebuenyi was told us as kids. Now , we do research and show authentic evidences.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by IDENNAA(m): 2:46am On Aug 30, 2020
gregyboy:

In my spare time i would revisit this comment

You have been annihilated on this thread. I will wait for your usual drool

1 Like

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by gregyboy(m): 2:54am On Aug 30, 2020
IDENNAA:

You have been annihilated on this thread. I will wait for your usual drool

Lol, my qualms is with the yorubas not igbos,

For now say what you want, i dont have igbo time now
Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by AreaFada2: 3:17am On Aug 30, 2020
IDENNAA:

Please , stop this pathetic tales because Ezechime did not arrive at Onicha alone. The whole contingent who departed Iduu na Oba had Igbo names and I meant every single one of them. That baseless claim will not fly here....Names like Aroli , Chukwuka , Chimedie , Oraeze etc were names of some people who arrived with him and they were speaking pure Igbo and practicing Igbo culture. Same goes for Onicha brethrens in Anioma who are also Igbo through and through. You guys have no shame , so much for "empire builders." Ezechima has no ffucking Bini name. You cant possibly be this dense! Employing some japanese traditions just to make a lame point only exposes your desperation...give up , already! Take your L with some joy. We have been living in this area longer before your little Bini was born. We are very ancient people and this is the Nri speaking.

Please , stop talking about Zik because not a single reference with proof of tradition to back his tales up was provided. Zik was just regurgitating the akuko iduu na oba my grand mother Iyom Nnebuenyi was told us as kids. Now , we do research and show authentic evidences.

So you know history of Onitsha more than the grandmother of Dr Zik? She told Zik the history. A woman probably born not later than 1840. Zik was born in 1904.

During Zik's grandmother's time, Igbo nationalism had not taken root, so people were still honest.

The Aroli and other names, were they written in their birth certificates? Is it not through oral stories that the names were mentioned? So nothing makes those more genuine than Zik's grandmother's story.

You think you know the language Ezechima and his followers spoke growing up more than a woman born probably around 1840? cheesy grin

Like Olu of Warri, Oba of Lagos and several prominent monarchs today, the first monarch of Onitsha left Benin with followers.

Meeting Igboid people across the Niger & relative distance from Benin soon Igbonised the new Kingdom. Just like Warri & Lagos monarchs. At least both acknowledge their Benin descent. I know Biafra quest makes it all too political now for Igbo to see beyond coming from Middle East

Whatever the case, Benin do not care about Igbo or Anioma. The sooner Biafra breaks away the better. The sooner everything will go back to what it should have been. Please go meet Igbo & Yoruba using you guys to play ludo despite being 25 million people at least.

Benin resisted the foolish contraption called Nigeria by resisting useless British protectorate status when many others were falling over themselves to accept it. Except a few other brave ones.

gregyboy
ghostwon

3 Likes

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by IDENNAA(m): 3:54am On Aug 30, 2020
AreaFada2:

So you know history of Onitsha more than the grandmother of Dr Zik? She told Zik the history. A woman probably born not later than 1840. Zik was born in 1904.

During Zik's grandmother's time, Igbo nationalism had not taken root, so people were still honest.

The Aroli and other names, were they written in their birth certificates? Is it not through oral stories that the names were mentioned? So nothing makes those more genuine than Zik's grandmother's story.

You think you know the language Ezechima and his followers spoke growing up more than a woman born probably around 1840? cheesy grin

Like Olu of Warri, Oba of Lagos and several prominent monarchs today, the first monarch of Onitsha left Benin with followers.

Meeting Igboid people across the Niger & relative distance from Benin soon Igbonised the new Kingdom. Just like Warri & Lagos monarchs. At least both acknowledge their Benin descent. I know Biafra quest makes it all too political now for Igbo to see beyond coming from Middle East

Whatever the case, Benin do not care about Igbo or Anioma. The sooner Biafra breaks away the better. The sooner everything will go back to what it should be been. Please go meet Igbo & Yoruba using you guys to play ludo despite being 25 million people at least.

Benin resisted the foolish contraption called Nigeria by resisting useless British protectorate status when many others were falling over themselves to accept it. Except a few other brave ones.

gregyboy
ghostwon

Who the ffuck is Zik in the academic field for me to listen to his story which has no modicum of proofs. Did you also believed Eze Nri were the ones crowning Oba of Bini like your Bini Chiefs and Anthropologists rightly posited ?

Until you can prove how a people like Ndi Onicha steeped deep into Igbo culture from time immemorial could have any chance of having Bini origin ,you will weep forever. Recently, the Obi of Onicha restated that Onicha are Igbo on reverse migration....you think you still got a fight here...lol

About the imminent disintegration of Nigeria, we have been dying to have that...be our guest. But , as for Onicha and Enuani of Anioma its over. Go romance your Ika and Ukwuani who like kissing Omonona's aszz. Good night!

1 Like

Re: Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor by RedboneSmith(m): 5:15am On Aug 30, 2020
IDENNAA:

Who the ffuck is Zik in the academic field for me to listen to his story which has no modicum of proofs. Did you also believed Eze Nri were the ones crowning Oba of Bini like your Bini Chiefs and Anthropologists rightly posited ?

Until you can prove how a people like Ndi Onicha steeped deep into Igbo culture from time immemorial could have any chance of having Bini origin ,you will weep forever. Recently, the Obi of Onicha restated that Onicha are Igbo on reverse migration....you think you still got a fight here...lol

About the imminent disintegration of Nigeria, we have been dying to have that...be our guest. But , as for Onicha and Enuani of Anioma its over. Go romance your Ika and Ukwuani who like kissing Omonona's aszz. Good night!

This same Zik they keep calling wrote an article in the 1930s, long before his autobiography came out, where he said Chime and his people came from a kingdom near Benin (most probably in Anioma) and were driven out in a war with Benin.

But even though I've brought this article to their attention, they conveniently choose to act like there are no alternative (more logical) accounts of Ezechime's origins than the He-came-from-Benin account.

Go to Obomkpa, an Ezechime-descent town in Delta. They'll tell you Ezechime came from a now-destroyed Anioma town called Ogidi, near where Agbor is situated today and was driven out in a war with Benin. Note how Obomkpa traditions closely parallels what Zik wrote in the 1930s.

Even apart from the names being Igbo names, all the traditions affirm that Ezechime left with ofo and ufie. Ask Benin people if Ofo and Ufie are part of their culture. And if not how did a Benin man leave Benin with ofo and ufie?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research / Let's Learn Swahili / Oluwo Of Iwo To Engrave Faces Of Mandela, Nkrumah, Awolowo, Others On Stone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.