Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,876 members, 7,824,647 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... (40044 Views)

My Wife Refused To Do Family Planning Now She Is Pregnant Again / This Is The Type Of Relationship I Desire. / My Wife Is Insisting We Do Family Planning Just After Giving Birth To A Child. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by Finelinks: 8:24am On Dec 05, 2018
oglalasioux:

Can you be specific on what I should cite?

If you mean books about Hitler, then the most and most available, free, on the internet is no other than the one by Hitler himself; Mein Kampf (My Struggles).

Oga there was no where it was stated that Hitler was looking for submissive women.

Stop saying what you don't know!
Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by frank41(m): 8:27am On Dec 05, 2018
ZIMDRILL:

you are too blind to see that, you are the person that you are trying to avoid to marry one day. you said you are supporting your siblings and friends so its ok for you to support your family and friends but the woman you wish to marry shouldnt have family thats needs support from her if she can?

think of it this way right now you are looking after your siblings so its ok if a girl dumps you if she uses your line of thinking ?

You may not really understand...that are some families that ones you marry their daughter,you have entirely married all the problems/troubles of that family. Especially first daughter....I'm a living witness
Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by oglalasioux(m): 10:18am On Dec 05, 2018
Finelinks:

Oga there was no where it was stated that Hitler was looking for submissive women.

Why don't you read the book first? You are only pained because you because you can't read. I challenge you to prove you've read Mein Kampf or any book about WW2.

Don't vent your laziness on me. I'm not the one that said you should drop out from school.
Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by Theophinio(m): 10:23am On Dec 05, 2018
[quote author=LyfeJennings post=73512284]

By the virtue of your present status, U will be able to get girls that are at par to your status. One honest advice I go give U is to be very prayerful. U can marry a nice girl from a wealthy family and U will still have to run a rat race of being at the top of your game. Wealthy families in Nigeria are very crazy. Your in-laws might not so friendly cos U still don't have a background. No one knows your parent and stuffs like that.
My advice for you is to get an average girl who can look up to for everything. u don't have to marry from a Rich home. Just marry someone average and love life. Don't go looking for what U can't finish. Marry someone average who would tolerate your bullsh1t and that of your family.
I'm saying this from experience of a friend that married from a rich home. He's separated from his wife presently over a very stupid reason and cos the lady has the backing of her parents. She was sent to the US with all 4kids. [/advice
So touching
Excellent advice

2 Likes

Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by oglalasioux(m): 10:39am On Dec 05, 2018
Finelinks:

A highly intelligent man should take a primitive and stupid woman. Imagine if I have a woman who interfered in my work, in my leisure time I won't have peace. I COULD NEVER MARRY. It's the same with a movie actor. When he marries he loses something for the women who adore him. Then he is no longer their idol.

Adolf Hitler.

Prove to me that Hitler didn't say the words above in Mein Kampf. Next time argue with your junior brothers. I'm not your mate.

1 Like

Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by Finelinks: 11:03am On Dec 05, 2018
oglalasioux:

A highly intelligent man should take a primitive and stupid woman. Imagine if I have a woman who interfered in my work, in my leisure time I won't have peace. I COULD NEVER MARRY. It's the same with a movie actor. When he marries he loses something for the women who adore him. Then he is no longer their idol.

Adolf Hitler.

Prove to me that Hitler didn't say the words above in Mein Kampf. Next time argue with your junior brothers. I'm not your mate.

He that asserts proves.

What you wrote there was just someone's opinion.

It's not in his autobiography you are referring to.

Mere looking at the statement will even tell you.

You said you have a copy of mein kampf.

Show me where it is.

As per arguing with juniors, I won't comment on that.

Just show me where Hitler made the statement.

ASSUMING without conceding he made it, primitive and submissive are not synonyms.

1 Like

Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by Ugosample(m): 11:19am On Dec 05, 2018
frank41:

You may not really understand...that are some families that ones you marry their daughter,you have entirely married all the problems/troubles of that family. Especially first daughter....I'm a living witness

true
Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by DateMynd44(m): 3:28pm On Dec 05, 2018
Elder0001:

You're a 100level student of UNIBEN

You're a kid who doesn't know how these things work ,I think you should focus more on your studies.
chisos omo see savagery. chai guy u wicked oh grin
Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by monex(m): 4:11pm On Dec 05, 2018
Saffi:
Stop trying to eradicate the natural behaviour of men, it can’t work. Men look for beauty, youth, nurturing capabilities and character when searching for a spouse, it comes naturally. Men and women are not the same, stop trying to modify nature.

true most men do look for these things but the world is more diverse than you think.

people have strange and unique qualities they seek and we all have a right to have expectations.
Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by BarajeJr: 5:57pm On Dec 05, 2018
madampresident:
sorry to say this... I already feel sorry for you. Marry a girl because she is decent not because she or her family is well to do. It is easier to build wealth with a decent lady than to retain wealth with one who the only thing she has to offer is coming from a well to do home.
madam, when you become president of this country, is that how you will react to sensitive issue without proper n carefully studying the situation? which means we are in trouble....read n understand before dropping comment..
Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:37pm On Dec 05, 2018
frank41:

i dont deny that but you as son-in-law should be able to stand your ground to say it is your father-in-law to look after his family not you

the fact that you married her daughter doesnt mean that thats the day he (father in law) stops to look after his family

1 Like

Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by cherriex(f): 10:53pm On Dec 05, 2018
Finelinks:

interesting.

the whole horoscope ish has never interested me.

Maybe because it has no credence in any serious literature.

I have never seen anyone whose prowess or success was attributed to his month of birth.

Yeah because a very few people actually know about horoscope and the whole personality ish, that alone doesn't conclude a person's personality cos other factors like environmental, economic, cultural and religious factors contributes a great deal. Sorry am not too active here hence my late reply
Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by longrunner(m): 2:48am On Dec 06, 2018
naijacentric:
bros ur lucky i dey ur back dose women are true lovers not the hungry gurls back home who dont give a damn about love

They certainly re true lovers. They take good cara of me, also cook and clean really well. And they are also sexy and cute, so I can't complain.

1 Like

Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by longrunner(m): 2:48am On Dec 06, 2018
joinnow:

Broh I no wan hear story that touch ooooo.
3 at once

lol 3 is a good number.
Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by longrunner(m): 2:49am On Dec 06, 2018
shege45:
u are a hero

lol thanks bro. Just remember, there is a hero inside all of us lol

1 Like

Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by longrunner(m): 2:51am On Dec 06, 2018
GodisGood4321:

Thanks for your honest thoughts. Glad to know I am not just been all idealistic.

You are certainly not bro. I wish you good luck. Wish I could help you find a nice girl, but I'm far.
Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by AK481(m): 1:12pm On Dec 06, 2018
franchasng:
My sister listen, I don't need any lady's money cos God has been so wonderful to me. I used to be a fan of guys marry broke guys and help their family, but not anymore haven seen how our women behave and how they treat broke guys.

I am not broke but I feel the pains of broke guys.

When I see how ladies shower me with love whether fake o or not in real life eh, and I see how they treat broke guys that are more handsome than I am, just because they are broke, it makes me feel bad and just imagine if I was broke how it would have been.

So with time, my mentality has changed.

I just need her to have her own money to be sure she is not just after men's money alone without having money herself cos it's not fair na, haba angry

I remember how I encouraged most of my childhood friends abroad to marry broke ladies they met in Nigeria and transform their lives but when these guys tell me how most Nigerian ladies abroad swear to remain single for life than to go back to Nigeria to marry any guy and bring him over, I just feel regret cos its not fair. Our ladies are not fair to our guys my sister.

I know a lot of financially successful single ladies who have refused to marry upcoming guys and join effort with them to build a great home but are bent on finding rich guys to marry, and most will end up old and spinsters for life whereas they would have married some ambitious broke guys and help them come up and those guys won't play with them.

So I don't need a dime of her money but she must be my class or even above my level, but will never marry below my financial class as it stands now unless God speaks to me directly and clearly not through any messenger lipsrsealed

Meanwhile, I hope u are aware that majority of ladies of today no longer want to cook and keep home for their hubby Most are saying their hubby must be cooking too and be cleaning the house too, so things are changing, u see

Linda Ikeji comes to mind here[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by AK481(m): 1:13pm On Dec 06, 2018
franchasng:
My sister listen, I don't need any lady's money cos God has been so wonderful to me. I used to be a fan of guys marry broke guys and help their family, but not anymore haven seen how our women behave and how they treat broke guys.

When I see how ladies shower me with love whether fake o or not in real life eh, and I see how they treat broke guys that are more handsome than I am, just because they are broke, it makes me feel bad and just imagine if I was broke how it would have been.

I just need her to have her own money to be sure she is not just after men's money alone without having money herself cos it's not fair na, haba angry

I remember how I encouraged most of my childhood friends abroad to marry broke ladies they met in Nigeria and transform their lives but when these guys tell me how most Nigerian ladies abroad swear to remain single for life than to go back to Nigeria to marry any guy and bring him over, I just feel regret cos its not fair. Our ladies are not fair to our guys my sister.

I know a lot of financially successful single ladies who have refused to marry upcoming guys and join effort with them to build a great home but are bent on finding rich guys to marry, and most will end up old and spinsters for life whereas they would have married some ambitious broke guys and help them come up and those guys won't play with them.

So I don't need a dime of her money but she must be my class or even above my level, but will never marry below my financial class as it stands now unless God speaks to me directly and clearly not through any messenger lipsrsealed

Meanwhile, I hope u are aware that majority of ladies of today no longer want to cook and keep home for their hubby Most are saying their hubby must be cooking too and be cleaning the house too, so things are changing, u see

Linda Ikeji comes to mind here
Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by AK481(m): 1:13pm On Dec 06, 2018
franchasng:

Linda Ikeji comes to mind here
Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by donchrisville: 4:05pm On Dec 14, 2018
CanadianNaija:

Why can't your family carry their own burden?

You want a woman without baggage while you have a loadful?

Uncle when I mean my family...I don't mean my parents or siblings....i mean my wife and kids...
Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by Ksatriy: 8:39am On Dec 17, 2018
Elder0001:
One more thing, if you're a man who doesn't support feminism/gender equality but you hope to or want to share bills with your wife ..God will punish you in ten folds

You can't be claiming alpha male and dictating to her while still reaping the fruits meant for only sane beta males like me.

says a psycho.

1 Like

Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by Theflint1(m): 2:39pm On Dec 18, 2018
OdogwuMike:
Wow. Thanks so much Boss13 for ur logical responds.

We learn everyday, and I'm truly humbled/ marveled at ur wisdom.

You are a logical and realistic person. Truly people like u succeed simple because u let no emotional stuff weigh u down.

Nigerian's capitalist economy doesn't give room for anything other than logic, and in my case, I must use logic in making this very important decision.

Can't tell u enough how much I appreciate ur factual and emotional devoid response.

Thanks once again...
hello
Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:57pm On Dec 26, 2018
frank41:

i understand that but

as a man you should put your foot down

1 Like

Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 27, 2018
I satisfied creating this thread and I thank all those that contribute one way or the other. Since creating this thread and now, my perception has changed a bit haven met different sort of girls and done some thorough soul-searching.

I find out that individual personality matters a lot in choosing who you like and marry. Some people can bear a non-respectful wife because of what she brings to the table while some men can never let down their ego even if the woman is their last line of survival. So individuality and what one can take matters.

Also, what gives you satisfaction, joy, and fulfillment in life is what one pursue. For some, peace of mind and a cooperative family is what give them satisfaction while for some more money and influence is what give them satisfaction. So people marry in pursuit of what gives them satisfaction.

I can eat, train my kids when they come, and live a comfortable life. I have far above the basic of life by God's grace, what I need is someone who is not extravagant and prudent to utilize it to achieve more for our home. I had to think hard and through and observe that what I really need is a peaceful and happy home and not necessarily more money or influence (a happy and peaceful home can build these). Though my wife will work or do trade to appreciate to value of money and use the avenue to exercise her mind continually in order contribute useful ideas in the home.

So my conclusion is, if you have the basics of life (food, a roof over his head and cater for your needs), marry for happiness, peace of mind and romance and not for more money or influence - (more money and influence won't guarantee satisfaction and fulfillment).

At the end of life, is how satisfied and fulfilled your life have been that matters and not how much money and influence you gather. SHALOM.

3 Likes

Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 27, 2018
Boss13:

You’re welcome OdogwuMike. Focus on making money and not taking care of another man’s daughter. That’s not your job or responsibility. The love you think she has for you will dry up within seconds once she realizes that you cannot sort yourself out financially. Don’t complicate your situation. One thing I can assure you is that as you climb the stairs of success, the class of women you play with changes. Is it beauty you are looking for? Make money - Na Real Raw Angels you go dey see. A good example is Oshiomole.

I read where people see marry a decent good girl. There is nothing like that. Circumstances change people. Don’t fall for that BS.

It’s 9:50pm here. I’m glad I was able to share my experience. Good night or good morning.
I will save this as my reminder when I intend to marry.
Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by santos123(m): 11:08pm On Oct 30, 2020
All your comments in these thread shows you are smart and intelligent
franchasng:

Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by Zanos: 7:39am On Feb 17, 2022
franchasng:
[b][/b]My dear brother wake up, romantic love is a fallacy, it does not exist.

Romantic love is a tool used by people; mostly women to manipulate men for their selfish gains.

Why do you guys value this submission and wife submissiveness blah blah only when an average guy wants to marry a lady of his class or a bit above his financial class, why is it a crime

Why didn't you people remember submissiveness of wife when Indimi son married President Muhammadu Buhari's daughter Zahra

Why didn't you people talk about wife submissiveness when that guy married Dangote's daughter

Super rich people are rich not by mistake but because they understand how life works and they marry mostly to keep their wealth growing and expanding not just based on physical beauty and romantic love.

It is only the poor and average middle-class people that always want to die for love and submissiveness.

If there is money and your wife refuses to submit, the most important thing is to make sure she has given birth to your biological children, and if she says she won't be loyal to you bingo; you find solace outside na, abi you don't know that 99% of successful men find more solace outside their marriage

Think like a capitalist, don't die because of love and submission, bra think beyond those things, focus on keeping a sustainable and assured future for your kids, if marrying a Lady of your class or one above your class will help you achieve that supreme goal, go for it and stop looking for submission and love.

How many wife of poor men of today are submissive to their poor husband self, wake up oh, if you like don't okay angry

Mind you, we aren't fighting, just airing my opinion on this, we are still cool anyday cool
On point my guy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by Zanos: 8:32am On Feb 17, 2022
Boss13:

He deserves more than that. What he is saying is GOLD to young unmarried men. If you make the mistake, you can never correct it. Even if you divorce, that woman is still part of your family through the children she would give birth to.

I know this because I’m married and 97% of people I know are married too. Don’t marry a poor girl - Avoid it at all cost.
Bros where are the places we can find this well to do girls for dating?
Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by Highter1(m): 12:18pm On Feb 17, 2022
tejiri4:
It's a good one but you can accept a girl that is working and able to take care of herself even though her family is not too okay, you can support her with little if need exist.
ITHINK I BUY INTO THIS IDEA OF A FELLOW NAIRALANDER. YOU HAVE A VERY GOOD POINT THOUGH. ITS INFACT, AN EYE OPENER SOMEONE LIKE US. NOT because WE ARE GREEDY OR A GOLD DIGGER BUT, AT A POINT YOU SUD HAVE SOMEONE TO RUN TO WHEN U ARE DONW TOO.
Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by Chinox2020: 5:48pm On May 05, 2022
franchasng:
Story story! As if that's how you ladies marry too undecided

Nigerian ladies are very cunning and wicked to Nigerian guys.

When a Nigerian lady from a rich home wants to date or marry, she considers the financial capability of the guy first before considering his handsomeness.

A broke guy dare not say hello to her because to her it's a taboo.

What about a Nigerian Lady that is working and earning good salary like 250k and above, she will never date or marry a guy earning below 300k monthly, that will be a big taboo for her. She considers men only based on how much money they have and not how handsome they look.

Go to US, UK. Canada, etc, Nigerian guys living there will abandon all the sweet looking chicks there and go back to Nigeria to find a broke, poor girl to marry and spend on her to become slay queen and then take her to abroad to become a modern chick, but Nigerian ladies living abroad will rather remain single till death than come back to Nigeria to look for a guy to marry and when they eventually try to come to Nigeria to find husband, they only target rich guys and guys from rich family to date and possibly marry.

They dare not date or accept to date or marry a Nigerian guy living in Nigeria and struggling to stand financially, it is a taboo.

Also a Nigerian guy earning over 500k monthly will just meet one fine broke girl from poor family and start to date her and shower her with love and gifts, and even assist her family and the next thing, he marries her and turn her life around for good without considering that she was a poor girl, but our ladies will never do same if they are the ones that have the money, so Nigerian guys must wake up.

What is good for Paul is good for Peter.

Guys marry your class only!

Stop stooping too low to marry broke girls when you have made it financially. Apply Nigerian ladies wisdom of going after rich and successful ladies of your class too, guys wake up cool

Me I have made it a priority now never to date or marry below my class.

I cannot date any broke girl, never!

I cannot marry any lady that earns less than 250,000naira monthly.

Marry like Royal families; they marry to keep their royal dynasty stronger and richer not just for love based on physical beauty.

Before u marry her, please check her real financial value and worth. Will she help u grow financially or help u diminish The world is becoming more and more capitalist by the day, so to survive and to build a good future for your kids, think like a capitalist; consider financial worth of your would be wife or fiancé first before u say I do lipsrsealed

Guys go for your class, we need to learn from our ladies to avoid regrets wink

So I was talking with this nursing student on phone the other day. One talk led to another and I asked her why she isn't married yet, she said she hasn't seen her taste of man. I asked her taste of man, she said he must be fucking rich for a start, then bearded, handsome and so on. I asked her to buttress her category of 'being rich' how much monthly earning of a man would meet her taste, she said at least 500k. Then I asked her how much she expect herself to be earning too, she paused in an offended tone. Since she studies at unizik teaching hospital, I asked her asked if she knows that no young employee in that hospital earns such amount. Aside the old professional workers like Dr's & pharmacists who have number of years there, and they must've been married with kids. Hence no young employee there meets her financial taste to marry her. Then she said she doesn't even want an employee. She wants a successful business man cos employees doesn't earn massively. Then I asked her, hope she knows that with her RN when she graduates, no employment will pay her up to 100k in Nigeria (it's even BSc nursing that manage to earn up to 100k). So how does her future below 100k salary match up with her at least 500k earning of her taste of man? She said she'll be progressive financially. I asked if she thinks that a man that earns low wouldn't be progressive when she benched her standard to 500k? She picked offense and said we should change topic. I knew I've hit her hard & just opted to end the call. I just abandoned her existence on status.
I don't hesitate to strike such girls with 'gold digger' mentality logics mixed with savage. I like the fact that men are beginning to learn their game & play by their rules. And trust that men will soon beat them in their game. Very soon, this relationship & marriage thing will just be obvious games of who gains what, no more love, emotions & sacrifice. Our girls have taken it too obvious.
I currently earn between 100k - 200k monthly and striving to increase it. But I think I won't consider any girl earning below 100k for marriage. Let's all become financial conscious too. Enough of our girls blackmailing us emotionally.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Man Tying The Headgear Of His Fiancee On Their Traditional Wedding Day / DPO Lawan Abdullahi Pays Dowry For Lovers To Get Married In Kaduna / My Parents Slapped Me For Dating A Crippled Man - Wife (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.