Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,303 members, 7,819,027 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... (40020 Views)

My Wife Refused To Do Family Planning Now She Is Pregnant Again / This Is The Type Of Relationship I Desire. / My Wife Is Insisting We Do Family Planning Just After Giving Birth To A Child. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by Nobody: 12:15am On Dec 03, 2018
ZIMDRILL:

you are too blind to see that, you are the person that you are trying to avoid to marry one day. you said you are supporting your siblings and friends so its ok for you to support your family and friends but the woman you wish to marry shouldnt have family thats needs support from her if she can?

think of it this way right now you are looking after your siblings so its ok if a girl dumps you if she uses your line of thinking ?

My thought exactly ooo

2 Likes

Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by Nobody: 12:16am On Dec 03, 2018
franchasng:
I will advice him not to focus only on marrying a girl from rich family. He should also consider ladies that are working in top companies and earning big income too.

Or ladies that own their own successful businesses or trade. Or ladies living abroad legally and working legally too not the ones living illegally abroad.

If he broadens his search with these criteria I gave above, he will definitely find a match but then, he must forget about marrying girls below 25yrs cos they are usually financial disaster that he is avoiding lipsrsealed
You should have told him this earlier. Made more sense.

1 Like

Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by franchasng: 12:16am On Dec 03, 2018
zaragal:
Whether u marry a rich girl or "humbled background" lady, u will still have to extend ur hand to the extended family because by marriage her family becomes urs....

Just marry a Good girl, who loves and fear the lord. Some rich or well to do background chick comes with a price. Because u might end up being the wife and she the husband, after all....Her father has money.

In life u explore all options and by the way, you compromise at each point in time, if its not for the wrong thing.

You could marry a girl from an humble background and u wont carry as much responsiblity as u think, or God could provide more for you, you both could have a savings for the extended family....joint funds to send home 50/50 or so.... The wife in question will have a job.

You could also marry a rich girl and her family demands alot from u as inlaw.... Or the wife might want to live extravagant when u are trying to meticulous in your spending and save for tomorrow. She came from a rich home and lived extravagantly. That wouldnt change in her husband house.

So my dear, be open...the most important thing to consider is ....The lady, is she a christian??... A good girl and is the family a christian as well....

He be like say u never see inlaw with money, wey go frustrate u with their money join na?? grin. Just slap their daughter and u will build a house in prison....*That was on a little note*
Why is it that Nigerian ladies that have money or those from rich family don't consider all these good qualities u listed but are mostly focused on how much the guy has and where he works and how much he earns

Seriously, Nigerian guys really need to stop marrying just based on physical beauty alone.

They should start considering how much the lady they want to marry earns, where she works, and her financial value as a whole, I think I will need to start a campaign on this to awaken Nigerian guys from their slumber cool

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by Nobody: 12:17am On Dec 03, 2018
kimbraa:
What you said may seem logically the right thing to do, but since it's not realistic; I term it that you're just ranting. This people are mostly guided by emotion and don't give fùcks about class. Only the creme de la creme of the society marry within the confines of their class to secure financial security.

Exactly...the fact that love happens in strange places....
Look all the list for marriage. Money! Money! Money! No place for God n Love

7 Likes

Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by Nobody: 12:20am On Dec 03, 2018
kimbraa:
He's as delusional as you initially suggested. My apologies in advance if you find that abusive. What's the ratio of ladies from well to do families worldwide going down their social strata to marry a man from a poor family? Very insignificant figure if compared to men from the rich homes who would marry from any class. I think it's ok to dream. He may wake up one day in one rich man's house, married to his daughter and being controlled like a puppet. cheesy That's how it mostly ends.

Exactly ooo

4 Likes

Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by Nobody: 12:20am On Dec 03, 2018
zaragal:

Exactly...the fact that love happens in strange places....
Look all the list for marriage. Money! Money! Money! No place for God n Love
Your post took the words out of my mouth. That was more realistic, but they won't see it.

4 Likes

Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by lastclaire4(f): 12:21am On Dec 03, 2018
franchasng:
from the company she works with, you will know. From how she lives and how her family lives, u will know unless the guy na ode cheesy

I know successful people when I see one. Its not about living abroad oh, majority of Nigerians living abroad are not successful, they are struggling, just that the advantage of inflation and high exchange rate makes it seem like they are financially successful when they come back and change the hard currency they returned with.

So if u are a guy who is financially successful legally, u should be able to know a Lady that is successful when u meet one.

Believe me, this reason of guys looking for their class to marry is one reason many financially buoyant guys are still single and u will be wondering why they don't want to marry, I speak with authority on this wink

Where she lives? Not really o. You rent a house when it is close to your office. Then the other point is theasy company she works. Those girls will say they work for a trading company meanwhile they are in the downstream. Once they mention the name the name sounds foreign and then they tell you it is a trading company and they hen u ask what they sell. Hose girls will give you a product line that you have never heard of. If you ask what do they use it for they will say it is used for painting. Yes it can be used for painting just a specific thing and it has to be processed further for you to use it to paint that specific thing.

But like I said some how you will get to know she is just trying to keep a low key.
Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:29am On Dec 03, 2018
zaragal:

My thought exactly ooo

chasing away his own shadow
Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by Nobody: 12:29am On Dec 03, 2018
franchasng:
Why is it that Nigerian ladies that have money or those from rich family don't consider all these good qualities u listed but are mostly focused on how much the guy has and where he works and how much he earns

Seriously, Nigerian guys really need to stop marrying just based on physical beauty alone.

They should start considering how much the lady they want to marry earns, where she works, and her financial value as a whole, I think I will need to start a campaign on this to awaken Nigerian guys from their slumber cool

Guy, you just ranting... The reason why people not just ladies...focus on a man's financial capabitlities before marriage is because by default the man is the PROVIDER of the family... Whether the lady has money or not is immaterial, the man takes responsible of the finances of the home. Its now how individuals choose to run their marriages that makes the difference, whether the lady wants to assist or not! But a man is seen to be the one who provides for the family....

A lady can't marry a man who can't take care of her and her kids, same way some guys in the other thread say they cant marry a lady who can't cook. No matter how culture is changes, women still manage the home, men still funds the home. Whether we like it or not...its somewhere at the back of our heads. The men expect the women to be homely...good cooks, great mom, keeps the home blah blah. The ladies expect the men to have a substantial steady source of income. It is, what it is!!

By the way, what do u wanna do with a lady' money if you have yourz??

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by franchasng: 12:37am On Dec 03, 2018
lastclaire4:

Where she lives? Not really o. You rent a house when it is close to your office. Then the other point is theasy company she works. Those girls will say they work for a trading company meanwhile they are in the downstream. Once they mention the name the name sounds foreign and then they tell you it is a trading company and they hen u ask what they sell. Hose girls will give you a product line that you have never heard of. If you ask what do they use it for they will say it is used for painting. Yes it can be used for painting just a specific thing and it has to be processed further for you to use it to paint that specific thing.

But like I said some how you will get to know she is just trying to keep a low key.
That's why I said they can only deceive mumu guys who are not enlightened my brother.

Permit me to brag a bit: I know virtually everything in this life. Sometimes I marvel at the level of things I know cheesy

I know about space explorations u may think I am a NASA astronaut.

I know about things happening in all countries of the world u may think I have lived decades in all the countries.

I know virtually everything about military and war around the world.

I know so much about stock trading; Nasdaq, Dow Jones, NYSE, etc that u may think I work with NYSE.

I know everything happening in the leadership and politics of virtually every country that I can tell you unheard things about every country off hand without consulting internet or book.

Literature nkor, hmm don't go there.

Oil and gas sector, let me shut up lipsrsealed

Transport and haulage sector

Ecommerce and startups

Programming, coding, etc

Offline trading business

Car importation importation from China

With the level of things I know, I can rule any country successfully at my young age smiley

So I doubt if any Lady can fool me seriously unless I decided to ignore.

I know more than FBI, Mosad, KGB, etc.

I always thank God for the high wisdom He bestowed on me....and I always envy the lady I will finally end up marrying cos she is gonna be super lucky wink

So in summary, its very easy for me to know whether she is doing well financially or not.

And in as much as I don't need a dime from the lady I would marry, I must know her true financial worth and what she truly does for a living and possibly an idea of what she earns, if not the marriage won't hold.

I am the boss, I decide who to marry, when to marry and how to marry. I have paid my dues and so no lady can do shakara for me, na my turn to do shakara now, na God do am cool

39 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by Dfavouredone: 12:37am On Dec 03, 2018
zaragal:
Whether u marry a rich girl or "humbled background" lady, u will still have to extend ur hand to the extended family because by marriage her family becomes urs....

Just marry a Good girl, who loves and fear the lord. Some rich or well to do background chick comes with a price. Because u might end up being the wife and she the husband, after all....Her father has money.

In life u explore all options and by the way, you compromise at each point in time, if its not for the wrong thing.

You could marry a girl from an humble background and u wont carry as much responsiblity as u think, or God could provide more for you, you both could have a savings for the extended family....joint funds to send home 50/50 or so.... The wife in question will have a job.

You could also marry a rich girl and her family demands alot from u as inlaw.... Or the wife might want to live extravagant when u are trying to meticulous in your spending and save for tomorrow. She came from a rich home and lived extravagantly. That wouldnt change in her husband house.

So my dear, be open...the most important thing to consider is ....The lady, is she a christian??... A good girl and is the family a christian as well....

He be like say u never see inlaw with money, wey go frustrate u with their money join na?? grin. Just slap their daughter and u will build a house in prison....*That was on a little note*

You spoke with lots of wisdom and maturely, u must be an elderly person.

OP o, see your answer here o. You concerns are well valid, however this post consider the pros and cons of both sides and tries to fashion out a way forward.

4 Likes

Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by Dfavouredone: 12:43am On Dec 03, 2018
franchasng:
I will advice him not to focus only on marrying a girl from rich family. He should also consider ladies that are working in top companies and earning big income too.

Or ladies that own their own successful businesses or trade. Or ladies living abroad legally and working legally too not the ones living illegally abroad.

If he broadens his search with these criteria I gave above, he will definitely find a match but then, he must forget about marrying girls below 25yrs cos they are usually financial disaster that he is avoiding lipsrsealed

Bros u must be a marriage consultant of some sort.
I feel u jare.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by franchasng: 12:45am On Dec 03, 2018
zaragal:

Guy, you just ranting... The reason why people not just ladies...focus on a man's financial capabitlities before marriage is because by default the man is the PROVIDER of the family... Whether the lady has money or not is immaterial, the man takes responsible of the finances of the home. Its now how individuals choose to run their marriages that makes the difference, whether the lady wants to assist or not! But a man is seen to be the one who provides for the family....

A lady can't marry a man who can't take care of her and her kids, same way some guys in the other thread say they cant marry a lady who can't cook. No matter how culture is changes, women still manage the home, men still funds the home. Whether we like it or not...its somewhere at the back of our heads. The men expect the women to be homely...good cooks, great mom, keeps the home blah blah. The ladies expect the men to have a substantial steady source of income. It is, what it is!!

By the way, what do u wanna do with a lady' money if you have yourz??
My sister listen, I don't need any lady's money cos God has been so wonderful to me. I used to be a fan of guys marry broke guys and help their family, but not anymore haven seen how our women behave and how they treat broke guys.

I am not broke but I feel the pains of broke guys.

When I see how ladies shower me with love whether fake o or not in real life eh, and I see how they treat broke guys that are more handsome than I am, just because they are broke, it makes me feel bad and just imagine if I was broke how it would have been.

So with time, my mentality has changed.

I just need her to have her own money to be sure she is not just after men's money alone without having money herself cos it's not fair na, haba angry

I remember how I encouraged most of my childhood friends abroad to marry broke ladies they met in Nigeria and transform their lives but when these guys tell me how most Nigerian ladies abroad swear to remain single for life than to go back to Nigeria to marry any guy and bring him over, I just feel regret cos its not fair. Our ladies are not fair to our guys my sister.

I know a lot of financially successful single ladies who have refused to marry upcoming guys and join effort with them to build a great home but are bent on finding rich guys to marry, and most will end up old and spinsters for life whereas they would have married some ambitious broke guys and help them come up and those guys won't play with them.

So I don't need a dime of her money but she must be my class or even above my level, but will never marry below my financial class as it stands now unless God speaks to me directly and clearly not through any messenger lipsrsealed

Meanwhile, I hope u are aware that majority of ladies of today no longer want to cook and keep home for their hubby Most are saying their hubby must be cooking too and be cleaning the house too, so things are changing, u see

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by Nobody: 1:02am On Dec 03, 2018
franchasng:
My sister listen, I don't need any lady's money cos God has been so wonderful to me. I used to be a fan of guys marry broke guys and help their family, but not anymore haven seen how our women behave and how they treat broke guys.

When I see how ladies shower me with love whether fake o or not in real life eh, and I see how they treat broke guys that are more handsome than I am, just because they are broke, it makes me feel bad and just imagine if I was broke how it would have been.

I just need her to have her own money to be sure she is not just after men's money alone without having money herself cos it's not fair na, haba angry

I remember how I encouraged most of my childhood friends abroad to marry broke ladies they met in Nigeria and transform their lives but when these guys tell me how most Nigerian ladies abroad swear to remain single for life than to go back to Nigeria to marry any guy and bring him over, I just feel regret cos its not fair. Our ladies are not fair to our guys my sister.

I know a lot of financially successful single ladies who have refused to marry upcoming guys and join effort with them to build a great home but are bent on finding rich guys to marry, and most will end up old and spinsters for life whereas they would have married some ambitious broke guys and help them come up and those guys won't play with them.

So I don't need a dime of her money but she must be my class or even above my level, but will never marry below my financial class as it stands now unless God speaks to me directly and clearly not through any messenger lipsrsealed

Meanwhile, I hope u are aware that majority of ladies of today no longer want to cook and keep home for their hubby Most are saying their hubby must be cooking too and be cleaning the house too, so things are changing, u see

I will only reply the last sentence.... Yes! ladies dont wanna cook anymore because u guys are expecting them to join the breadwinning team. So u guys should join the housekeeping team too. Nigerians!!! u guys dont even understand marriage one bit. U think its all this laid down money rules u listed up here, your eye never open.... If money could save marriages, The rich wouldnt be getting a divorce. I hope u marry right and have a happy home because you will not understand that some things so very cheap that money can't afford them and they are the key pillars to keeping a successful marriage.

Adios sugar, have a good nyt rest

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by escapefromusa(f): 1:03am On Dec 03, 2018
franchasng:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8238524_rambo_jpeg_jpeg413b317810d2b147a1526b9f6c8cca69

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by DeSepiero(m): 1:27am On Dec 03, 2018
zaragal:

I will only reply the last sentence.... Yes! ladies dont wanna cook anymore because u guys are expecting them to join the breadwinning team. So u guys should join the housekeeping team too. Nigerians!!! u guys dont even understand marriage one bit. U think its all this laid down money rules u listed up here, your eye never open.... If money could save marriages, The rich wouldnt be getting a divorce. I hope u marry right and have a happy home because you will not understand that some things so very cheap that money can't afford them and they are the key pillars to keeping a successful marriage.

Adios sugar, have a good nyt rest

You aren't married perhaps.
Good points anyway, agreeable.

1 Like

Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by ImaIma1(f): 1:38am On Dec 03, 2018
Dee9977:
I also have that mindset but you limit it to marrying a wife that is last born in their family ... to avoid much responsibility

Lol...like moi. I am the collector instead.Hubby is lucky
Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by ImaIma1(f): 1:40am On Dec 03, 2018
Op I completely get you. She doesn't have to be from a well to do family perse but from a family that doesn't depend on her and can hold their own.

Keep looking and God will grant your request.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:14am On Dec 03, 2018
franchasng:
That's why I said they can only deceive mumu guys who are not enlightened my brother.

Permit me to brag a bit: I know virtually everything in this life. Sometimes I marvel at the level of things I know cheesy

I know about space explorations u may think I am a NASA astronaut.

I know about things happening in all countries of the world u may think I have lived decades in all the countries.

I know virtually everything about military and war around the world.

I know so much about stock trading; Nasdaq, Dow Jones, NYSE, etc that u may think I work with NYSE.

I know everything happening in the leadership and politics of virtually every country that I can tell you unheard things about every country off hand without consulting internet or book.

Literature nkor, hmm don't go there.

Oil and gas sector, let me shut up lipsrsealed

Transport and haulage sector

Ecommerce and startups

Programming, coding, etc

Offline trading business

Car importation importation from China

With the level of things I know, I can rule any country successfully at my young age smiley

So I doubt if any Lady can fool me seriously unless I decided to ignore.

I know more than FBI, Mosad, KGB, etc.

I always thank God for the high wisdom He bestowed on me....and I always envy the lady I will finally end up marrying cos she is gonna be super lucky wink

So in summary, its very easy for me to know whether she is doing well financially or not.

And in as much as I don't need a dime from the lady I would marry, I must know her true financial worth and what she truly does for a living and possibly an idea of what she earns, if not the marriage won't hold.

I am the boss, I decide who to marry, when to marry and how to marry. I have paid my dues and so no lady can do shakara for me, na my turn to do shakara now, na God do am cool

if you knew everything you would be a trillioner, you would be here on nairaland

9 Likes

Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:39am On Dec 03, 2018
franchasng:

i have seen men who went back home to marry a bring over wife and years later they divorce becoz the wife think she now knows better than hubby (nurses ) especially getting wrong advise from already divorced women

then those you mentioned, half they stay becoz they think they owe the hubby becoz he uplifted them from being poor to a better life in the west, sometimes they suffer in silence especially when husband cheats, becoz of that mind of saying he took me from the poverty to here

personal i never trust a woman that is imported for marriage, few are good the rest play decent when you visit while you are away their is a local boy giving her the sexx and eating your money

she plays decent you marry bring her over she studies and thinks you are nolonger her class, then next thing divorce two down the line she bring over that guy she used to shagg

the same done by niaga guy they marry white girls for papers once they get permanent resident they divorce the white girl and marry a naiga girl from home

9 Likes

Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by franchasng: 7:05am On Dec 03, 2018
ZIMDRILL:

if you knew everything you would be a trillioner, you would be here on nairaland
Not true, in fact knowing everything most times makes one to be confused about life in general.

Haven't u wondered why most professors aren't rich

Financial wealth is not always about how much u know and how intelligent u are, check your mates, most of the super financially successful ones are usually not the most intelligent ones back then in school.

Lastly, I am not a billionaire yet, but my brother God has been awesome to me oh shocked

I may not be up to what its called being rich currently, but I am doing very well financially if measured with people of my age anywhere in the world, I won't be among the last even though I may not be among the top or 2nd but believe me, I am doing well financially and not lacking money at all grin

About being on Nairaland, I so much love it here, it has become like a hobby. I enjoy the anonymosity here and the opportunity to interact with people of various class and age, especially young people.

I have abandoned my social media accounts to focus on Nairaland cos its been fun here lol

Go and tell Donald Trump that as a billionaire and president he wasn't supposed to be on social media 247.

Go and tell Senator Ben Bruce that too.

Intelligent people act differently.

Its poor people that think the way u did; if u are rich u shouldn't be online or on Nairaland or on social media, can u imagine the poor man mentality shocked cheesy

Bra, even when I become a billionaire God willing, I will still be here on Nairaland cos I am enjoying the fun interactions and fights cheesy

And if u don't know, I love politics, Nairaland can help your political ambition lol, and if u also need love and romance, Nairaland can help u if u are ready to mingle, here is far better than dating websites and social media kiss

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by SAMBARRY: 7:05am On Dec 03, 2018
franchasng:
Story story! As if that's how you ladies marry too undecided

Nigerian ladies are very cunning and wicked to Nigerian guys.

When a Nigerian lady from a rich home wants to date or marry, she considers the financial capability of the guy first before considering his handsomeness.

A broke guy dare not say hello to her because to her it's a taboo.

What about a Nigerian Lady that is working and earning good salary like 250k and above, she will never date or marry a guy earning below 300k monthly, that will be a big taboo for her. She considers men only based on how much money they have and not how handsome they look.

Go to US, UK. Canada, etc, Nigerian guys living there will abandon all the sweet looking chicks there and go back to Nigeria to find a broke, poor girl to marry and spend on her to become slay queen and then take her to abroad to become a modern chick, but Nigerian ladies living abroad will rather remain single till death than come back to Nigeria to look for a guy to marry and when they eventually try to come to Nigeria to find husband, they only target rich guys and guys from rich family to date and possibly marry.

They dare not date or accept to date or marry a Nigerian guy living in Nigeria and struggling to stand financially, it is a taboo.

Also a Nigerian guy earning over 500k monthly will just meet one fine broke girl from poor family and start to date her and shower her with love and gifts, and even assist her family and the next thing, he marries her and turn her life around for good without considering that she was a poor girl, but our ladies will never do same if they are the ones that have the money, so Nigerian guys must wake up.

What is good for Paul is good for Peter.

Guys marry your class only!

Stop stooping too low to marry broke girls when you have made it financially. Apply Nigerian ladies wisdom of going after rich and successful ladies of your class too, guys wake up cool

Me I have made it a priority now never to date or marry below my class.

I cannot date any broke girl, never!

I cannot marry any lady that earns less than 250,000naira monthly.

Marry like Royal families; they marry to keep their royal dynasty stronger and richer not just for love based on physical beauty.

Before u marry her, please check her real financial value and worth. Will she help u grow financially or help u diminish The world is becoming more and more capitalist by the day, so to survive and to build a good future for your kids, think like a capitalist; consider financial worth of your would be wife or fiancé first before u say I do lipsrsealed

Guys go for your class, we need to learn from our ladies to avoid regrets wink
I agree with you on this

1 Like

Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by Emasel(m): 8:43am On Dec 03, 2018
Colourich:
I have the urge to call you a gold digger but I will resist.

Somebody earning over a million naira a month a gold digger shocked

3 Likes

Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by Nobody: 9:15am On Dec 03, 2018
GodisGood4321:
For a start, I’m not a gold digger nor am mine looking for someone to take care of my bills.

A little bit about myself. I’m 32 and I’m from a humble background and by the grace of God, my hustle don begins to pay. I'm a graduate and works in a popular oil and gas firm with a monthly take-home of seven-digit. But base on the fact that I'm from a humble background and God don give me breakthrough, I'm supporting my families (siblings) and sometimes friends who are still hustling to establish themselves.

So I am a bit careful to date a lady who is the supporting member of her family as well, otherwise, support responsibilities may fall back on me as the man if one marries such lady. And no matter how much one think he earns, too many dependents can weary one progress and a tree can't make a forest. This engineer my desire to marry a girl from a well-to-do family, even if she doesn't earn much, but her family shouldn't be a liability. I have a reservation of being the ‘look-up-to’ person in my family and as well the ‘look-up-to’ person in a wife family as well. While one may be grateful to God for being able to be looked up to, the pressure of demand/expectation may be overwhelming and could slow one’s progress and one runs the risk of not having who to run to when his own need arises because everyone around has always looked up to you.

But the challenge is to see and get a girl from a well-to-do family is hard. Is either I can't find any or the few I meet always an attitude issue and are hardly submissive. Meanwhile, I have seen decent ladies from a humble background who are equally making some progress in their own right, but i lost interest when I get to know of their family background because of my biased to marry from a well-to-do family. Besides the benefit of not having many dependents by marrying from a well-to-do family, I covert the benefit of been related to in-laws who may have some sort of relevance and influence.

I have this feeling I am settling for less than I originally desired when I see decent ladies but they are from a humble background that I do not advance things with them.

Please, I want to know if this my obsession of marrying from a well-to-do family is reasonable or I am taking it overboard. I just want to hear people opinions about my line of thought and be sure I am still in touch with reality and not just be idealism.

u r just an olosho at heart, poverty is of the mind.

1 Like

Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by Oluhills007: 9:46am On Dec 03, 2018
kimbraa:
What you said may seem logically the right thing to do, but since it's not realistic; I term it that you're just ranting. This people are mostly guided by emotion and don't give fùcks about class. Only the creme de la creme of the society marry within the confines of their class to secure financial security.
De creme de la creme....hearing that sh!t for the first time
Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by Nobody: 10:07am On Dec 03, 2018
Lalasticlala, pls help push this thread to front page for wider viewing and comments pls.

It might interest a wide audience too. Thanks.
Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by Nobody: 10:08am On Dec 03, 2018
Emasel:

Somebody earning over a million naira a month a gold digger shocked

You don't might some people, they don't see beyond their nose.

2 Likes

Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by kollinzgee(m): 10:30am On Dec 03, 2018
kudos to the op .so there are men who think like me wow if Nigerian women can be that selective why can't we men do the same.most Nigerian girls are groomed to believe men owe them the world they will wake up someday .but op there are still good girls in the land even though they came from broke homes they still want hustle for themselves I ave met them countless times.
the main reason why relationships suffer in this land is because we try really hard to mix money with love they are not the same.a lady who marries a guy for money will regret later in the marriage and a guy who marries a girl for her beauty or class will loose interest later.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 03, 2018
Story for the Gods. It’s only to make mouth on social media. When you log off, the reality must set in. I’ve realised that majority of men hate any financial competition from women, especially African men. They like to dominate financially, if they see a woman who could possible outdo them monetary wise, they run away. Even the extremely rich men, get with women who they can financially dominate. It’s all tied to your ego, masculinity and pride. Stop trying to eradicate the natural behaviour of men, it can’t work. Men look for beauty, youth, nurturing capabilities and character when searching for a spouse, it comes naturally. Men and women are not the same, stop trying to modify nature.
franchasng:
Story story! As if that's how you ladies marry too undecided

Nigerian ladies are very cunning and wicked to Nigerian guys.

When a Nigerian lady from a rich home wants to date or marry, she considers the financial capability of the guy first before considering his handsomeness.

A broke guy dare not say hello to her because to her it's a taboo.

What about a Nigerian Lady that is working and earning good salary like 250k and above, she will never date or marry a guy earning below 300k monthly, that will be a big taboo for her. She considers men only based on how much money they have and not how handsome they look.

Go to US, UK. Canada, etc, Nigerian guys living there will abandon all the sweet looking chicks there and go back to Nigeria to find a broke, poor girl to marry and spend on her to become slay queen and then take her to abroad to become a modern chick, but Nigerian ladies living abroad will rather remain single till death than come back to Nigeria to look for a guy to marry and when they eventually try to come to Nigeria to find husband, they only target rich guys and guys from rich family to date and possibly marry.

They dare not date or accept to date or marry a Nigerian guy living in Nigeria and struggling to stand financially, it is a taboo.

Also a Nigerian guy earning over 500k monthly will just meet one fine broke girl from poor family and start to date her and shower her with love and gifts, and even assist her family and the next thing, he marries her and turn her life around for good without considering that she was a poor girl, but our ladies will never do same if they are the ones that have the money, so Nigerian guys must wake up.

What is good for Paul is good for Peter.

Guys marry your class only!

Stop stooping too low to marry broke girls when you have made it financially. Apply Nigerian ladies wisdom of going after rich and successful ladies of your class too, guys wake up cool

Me I have made it a priority now never to date or marry below my class.

I cannot date any broke girl, never!

I cannot marry any lady that earns less than 250,000naira monthly.

Marry like Royal families; they marry to keep their royal dynasty stronger and richer not just for love based on physical beauty.

Before u marry her, please check her real financial value and worth. Will she help u grow financially or help u diminish The world is becoming more and more capitalist by the day, so to survive and to build a good future for your kids, think like a capitalist; consider financial worth of your would be wife or fiancé first before u say I do lipsrsealed

Guys go for your class, we need to learn from our ladies to avoid regrets wink

15 Likes

Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by OneHead: 11:10am On Dec 03, 2018
��

1 Like

Re: I desire to Marry A girl from a well-to-do family But... by Alejob: 11:11am On Dec 03, 2018
They come with different baggages!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings / Dear Ladies, Please Avoid Stingy Guys. / 'Small Girl With A Big God' - Opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.