Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

Getting Pregnant Before Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Getting Pregnant Before Marriage (2834 Views)

Getting Pregnant Before Marriage Proposal / My Boyfriend Want Me To Get Pregnant Before Marriage And Am Still A Virgin / 98 Percent Of Have Once Gotten Pregnant Before Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by boomii(f): 8:52pm On May 31, 2010
Whats with Nigerian guys sef? I have a friend who is ready to get married soon but the dude said there will be no wedding till she gets pregnant.

Personally I'm against it and even tried talking to the guy since she is not the wayward type but seems he has gone wacko,so please what should my friend do.Should she stay or get pregnant? she is pretty confused.

P.s: She will be reading this cos she is on nairaland so no insults please.

4 Likes

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Onchedu(m): 8:59pm On May 31, 2010
She should understand that getting married to him isnt necessarily a favour to her. She should stand her grounds. What sort of nonsence is that?

3 Likes

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by boomii(f): 9:07pm On May 31, 2010
Thank gosh she is reading,love is not making her see reason.
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Donvilo(m): 9:08pm On May 31, 2010
Personally, i too am against such thing. But there may be more to the relationship than meets the eye. May be the guys has his personal reasons for that. Besides, poster u haven't told us the nature of the relationship between ur friend & the guy in question so as to know where to point out the fact about it. Are they inlove or what? There's gotta be a problem.

1 Like

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by boomii(f): 9:23pm On May 31, 2010
They are in love,4 yrs of courtship and ready to tie the knots.
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Busybrain007: 10:07pm On May 31, 2010
I can't do thats nonsense

1 Like

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by 190: 10:51pm On May 31, 2010
boomi why are u comin 2 spoil my plans for u here

dont u expect me 2 test drive u b4 takin u 2 the alter`

1 Like

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Nobody: 11:01pm On May 31, 2010
I personally do not believe in that crap. Look, i know a situation where this lovely couple were dating and planning their wedding, but the guy suggested that his fiancée gets pregnant b4 they could tie the knot. The lady got preggers eventually and when the guy found out that she was carrying twins (which obviously planted), he bailed out on her. Right now she's a single mother of a lovely set of boy and girl twins.

As long as this guy never put ring 4 her finger, she should keep her kini under lock and key. Not all guys can handle that 'get-pregnant-b4-i-marry-you' crap! Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Youngpo413: 4:57am On Dec 18, 2014
boomii:
Thank gosh she is reading,love is not making her see reason.
let her get pregnant first or is it a big deal?
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Hollyb(f): 8:28am On Dec 18, 2014
I don't subscribe to this at all. it means maybe the guy does not trust her because of somethings she told him about her past. Come to think of it God forbid o what if she goes ahead and gets pregnant and she had a miscarriage after wedding and couldn't conceive again? I've seen instances like that. So getting pregnant before marriage does not guarantee anything. Let her stand her ground. What will be will be

3 Likes

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by PoliteActivist: 8:20am On Apr 02, 2023
boomii:
Whats with Nigerian guys sef? I have a friend who is ready to get married soon but the dude said there will be no wedding till she gets pregnant.

Personally I'm against it and even tried talking to the guy since she is not the wayward type but seems he has gone wacko,so please what should my friend do.Should she stay or get pregnant? she is pretty confused.

Sooo, did "your friend" get pregnant?
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by LeeSmart: 2:04pm On Apr 02, 2023
boomii:

OP no vex oo, but why can't u be urself? own ur truth.. Which one be my friend will be reading this in the comment section haba.
Like i have said make u no vex o.

1 Like

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by blacksam01: 2:12pm On Apr 02, 2023
there i a very new and rapidly growing trends amongs newly married ppl...

more and more newly married couples find it very very hard givibg birth these days...

my small research shows some of these as factors..

1. age of lady..caused mainly by late marriage decisions

2. increasing cases of fibriod among women: this is mostly the case

3. incompatible rhesus factor : this one is usually mot taken serious and might lead ladies to barrenness if they every aborted a pregnancy with a previous guy at relationship leves, whiles not checking matching rhesus factors..

4. men sterility...men these days get easily sterile cuz of mostly untreated sexual diseases as they flex duing their women chasing and reckless sexually exploration stages..

so, yez the guy might look stupid ,but he knows what he is doing...if the lady doest have anyy to hide..let her simply get pregnant..and withing months..marriage is settled..

dont take risk with aged Nigerian ladies!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by ojotobiloba1: 2:31pm On Apr 02, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Sooo, did "your friend" get pregnant?
Co ask
Thirteen years old thread

1 Like

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Billgatessecond: 2:33pm On Apr 02, 2023
boomii:

Why not take her to the mum or dad tell them Ur plans or u both sign an agreement that she must convince and give birth to a child b4 marriage
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 02, 2023
Nigerians too like gist grin grin
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Kasbite: 2:42pm On Apr 02, 2023
For me my girlfriend will get pregnant for me before I marry her, Am no prayer warrior or start given prescription on sex

I met a guy that said he had been dating his gf when they where in school, though was not staying with him, after school they started cohabitation but she had missed are period for once, he has plans to marry her but he wants her to get pregnant.

1 Like

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Nazgul: 2:46pm On Apr 02, 2023
boomii:
They are in love,4 yrs of courtship and ready to tie the knots.
If they've been in love for over 4 years and they've been having sex those 4 years, and the girl hasn't taken in, not even once, the guy has every reason to be alarmed.

Maybe this is what facilitated his decision that she must get pregnant before marriage can occur.

Before condemning anyone, try and see things from their own point of view.

2 Likes

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by latability(m): 2:52pm On Apr 02, 2023
Girls of this days have traded their wombs for iphone, I support the guy. One of my guy way say him and in girl no go born until they marry, now this is almost 4 years without even a miscarriage and the problem now is from the girl

3 Likes

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by PoliteActivist: 3:10pm On Apr 02, 2023
LeeSmart:

OP no vex oo, but why can't u be urself? own ur truth.. Which one be my friend will be reading this in the comment section haba.
Like i have said make u no vex o.

grin cheesy
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by PoliteActivist: 3:23pm On Apr 02, 2023
latability:
Girls of this days have traded their wombs for iphone, I support the guy. One of my guy way say him and in girl no go born until they marry, now this is almost 4 years without even a miscarriage and the problem now is from the girl

@bolded, how do you know? Infertility is often the guy's fault
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by PoliteActivist: 3:26pm On Apr 02, 2023
Billgatessecond:

Why not take her to the mum or dad tell them Ur plans or u both sign an agreement that she must convince and give birth to a child b4 marriage

So you'd be admitting to your parents you are already doing it?
And what if she "convince" but the guy later decide not to marry her nko?
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by PoliteActivist: 3:30pm On Apr 02, 2023
ojotobiloba1:

Co ask
Thirteen years old thread

Doesn't matter. Inquiring minds want to know.
Ok, let's ask these earlier commenters if it matters:
Onchedu, donvilo, Busybrain007, 190, youngpo413
Hollyb
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by PoliteActivist: 3:33pm On Apr 02, 2023
blacksam01:
there i a very new and rapidly growing trends amongs newly married ppl...

more and more newly married couples find it very very hard givibg birth these days...

my small research shows some of these as factors..

1. age of lady..caused mainly by late marriage decisions

2. increasing cases of fibriod among women: this is mostly the case

3. incompatible rhesus factor : this one is usually mot taken serious and might lead ladies to barrenness if they every aborted a pregnancy with a previous guy at relationship leves, whiles not checking matching rhesus factors..

4. men sterility...men these days get easily sterile cuz of mostly untreated sexual diseases as they flex duing their women chasing and reckless sexually exploration stages..

so, yez the guy might look stupid ,but he knows what he is doing...if the lady doest have anyy to hide..let her simply get pregnant..and withing months..marriage is settled..

dont take risk with aged Nigerian ladies!!!!!!!

I agree with you 100%, but how do you reconcile that with our Christian belief??
Also, can you explain that rhesus factor thing?
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by PoliteActivist: 3:37pm On Apr 02, 2023
Nazgul:

If they've been in love for over 4 years and they've been having sex those 4 years, and the girl hasn't taken in, not even once, the guy has every reason to be alarmed.

Maybe this is what facilitated his decision that she must get pregnant before marriage can occur.

Before condemning anyone, try and see things from their own point of view.

You make a lot of sense. I once had a girlfriend, we had excellent sex life till she left. Somehow pregnancy never entered our minds. Maybe it is mind over matter
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by PoliteActivist: 3:39pm On Apr 02, 2023
Kasbite:
For me my girlfriend will get pregnant for me before I marry her, Am no prayer warrior or start given prescription on sex

I met a guy that said he had been dating his gf when they where in school, though was not staying with him, after school they started cohabitation but she had missed are period for once, he has plans to marry her but he wants her to get pregnant.

You mean she hadn't missed her period for once.
Had same experience but we never got to stage of marriage
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by PoliteActivist: 3:42pm On Apr 02, 2023
latability:

These days I don't blame any guy insisting on that. But how do you reconcile that to our Christianity??
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Nazgul: 3:47pm On Apr 02, 2023
PoliteActivist:

You make a lot of sense. I once had a girlfriend, we had excellent sex life till she left. Somehow pregnancy never entered our minds. Maybe it is mind over matter
The reality is that so many girls out there are moving around with damaged wombs. During my NYSC, my lodgement and his girlfriend (who was also a corper) lived together for over 7 months nacking each other raw, and she never took in, not even once.

After NYSC, I ran into the guy in Lagos, we greeted and agreed to hangout on weekend, it was during our gist, I asked him about his girlfriend he told me point blank that they're no longer together that he couldn't marry her cos he feels she can't conceive. (The girl didn't know that this was the main reason for their separation)

This is why I don't condemn guys who insist that a girl gets pregnant before they can marry her, they're only looking out for themselves.
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by PoliteActivist: 3:55pm On Apr 02, 2023
Nazgul:

The reality is that so many girls out there are moving around with damaged wombs. During my NYSC, my lodgement and his girlfriend (who was also a corper) lived together for over 7 months nacking each other raw, and she never took in, not even once.

After NYSC, I ran into the guy in Lagos, we greeted and agreed to hangout on weekend, it was during our gist, I asked him about his girlfriend he told me point blank that they're no longer together that he couldn't marry her cos he feels she can't conceive. (The girl didn't know that this was the main reason for their separation)

This is why I don't condemn guys who insist that a girl gets pregnant before they can marry her, they're only looking out for themselves.

But WHY is this barrenness thing more rampant these days?
And how do you reconcile this with our Christianity??
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by blacksam01: 4:13pm On Apr 02, 2023
PoliteActivist:

I agree with you 100%, but how do you reconcile that with our Christian belief??
Also, can you explain that rhesus factor thing?

yes.....it absolutely wrong to have sex before say the church..it now depends on the degree of followershipnof the said lady to the word of God
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Nazgul: 4:17pm On Apr 02, 2023
PoliteActivist:

But WHY is this barrenness thing more rampant these days?
And how do you reconcile this with our Christianity??
Possible reasons why barrenness is more rampant these days include..

1. Multiple abortions

2. Side effects of drugs that delay menstruation. (Some girls use drugs to delay or stop their mensuration if they get hooked up with a big catch who's willing to pay them hugely). This is common with runs girls.

3. Side effects of long usage of postinor 2 and other pregnancy prevention pills.

4. Side effects of over treated STDs. When you keep contacting and treating gonorreha, syphilis, staphylococcus...etc, with time your reproductive system would begin to misbehave. You might start experience irregular mensural cycle, awful discharge, inability to conceive...etc.

5. Excessive intake of alcohol and drug abuse. Most girls these days consume more liquor and weed than guys. Unfortunately, this has a very terrible side effect on their kidneys, liver and womb.

To your second question how we can reconcile it back to Christianity...

Christianity in Africa is just business, churches are opened for the sole purpose of making money for the headquarters than salvation. Pastors align their messages to favour people so that they bring money.

Churches theses days don't preach about chaistity, they don't encourage young girls to go into their husbands house as Virgins. What you should know is that churches are breeding grounds for sexual immorality.

From the choir, to the youths, to members, everyone has someone they're nacking. These days, people go to church for the sole purpose of getting a girlfriend and not to hear the word of God.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by PoliteActivist: 7:50pm On Apr 02, 2023
Nazgul:

Possible reasons why barrenness is more rampant these days include..

1. Multiple abortions

2. Side effects of drugs that delay menstruation. (Some girls use drugs to delay or stop their mensuration if they get hooked up with a big catch who's willing to pay them hugely). This is common with runs girls.

3. Side effects of long usage of postinor 2 and other pregnancy prevention pills.

4. Side effects of over treated STDs. When you keep contacting and treating gonorreha, syphilis, staphylococcus...etc, with time your reproductive system would begin to misbehave. You might start experience irregular mensural cycle, awful discharge, inability to conceive...etc.

5. Excessive intake of alcohol and drug abuse. Most girls these days consume more liquor and weed than guys. Unfortunately, this has a very terrible side effect on their kidneys, liver and womb.

To your second question how we can reconcile it back to Christianity...

Christianity in Africa is just business, churches are opened for the sole purpose of making money for the headquarters than salvation. Pastors align their messages to favour people so that they bring money.

Churches theses days don't preach about chaistity, they don't encourage young girls to go into their husbands house as Virgins. What you should know is that churches are breeding grounds for sexual immorality.

From the choir, to the youths, to members, everyone has someone they're nacking. These days, people go to church for the sole purpose of getting a girlfriend and not to hear the word of God.

Wow, you said it all!
As for the church thing, you are right, but I mean you yourself as an individual - how do you reconcile the two. See, it is one thing to err (konji), but it could be quite another to be pointedly trying to get her pregnant!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Am Developing Strong Feelings For My Coursin: / Sexy Fragrances / The Toughest Experience You Ever Had Just To Have Someone You Really Loved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.