₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,190,574 members, 4,776,230 topics. Date: Friday, 22 February 2019 at 07:30 PM

Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction (172506 Views)

Kiss Me One More Night - Episode 2 / Sophia Amaka's Story: Accidental Baby Mama(a Fan Fiction) / MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by WHOcarex: 6:35pm On Jul 30, 2018
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by Simeonalvez(m): 8:16pm On Jul 30, 2018
Nice story so far... More ink to ur pen

1 Like

Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by midehill(m): 8:58pm On Jul 30, 2018
Rosemary...Oya continue oooo...we dey wait

1 Like

Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by Lilcentt(f): 9:40pm On Jul 30, 2018
Where is rosemary na cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by daveson07(m): 10:12pm On Jul 30, 2018
i no like to dey read in-progress stories i only read ready-made novels i didn't knw dis is an unfinished one b4 i opened it anyway,nice wright up,it's worth d wait

2 Likes

Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by Rosemary33: 12:11am On Jul 31, 2018
episode 18

Timi Dakolo’s ‘iyawo mi’ fills the air in the beautiful and tastily designed Restaurant, the hand of the guitarist with the Live band was performing some magic in unison with the sensational voice of the male vocalist, the melodious combination of both the instrumentalists and the singer with his sexily dressed backup singers, held the atmosphere spellbound, turning the whole place into a coven for lovers, just that the two seated at table 4 were not lovers, ehm… ok … one is hoping seriously that the other would one day look at him with love just as he was looking at her with love at the moment.

Walking into the NOK Restaurant, Victoria Island Lagos gave her a chill, she had not been there before, though she had heard so much about it, and of course how expensive their cuisines are, her Kali Ankle Strap Evening shoes made the ‘click-click’ sound as it made contact with the marble floor, she was a bit uneasy with the sound though, she felt she was drawing attentions.

“You finally made it” Morgan said with a smile, he wanted to give her a peck, but she pulled away politely and offered her hand instead.

“I didn’t know what to do with myself” she said as he ushered her to their table where a waiter was already waiting with a list of wines for them to choose from.

They finally settled for ‘white Zinfandel’ grace has not tasted it before, so she didn’t know what to expect when she lifted the wine glass to her lips.

“You look distracted Grace” Morgan said, observing her from the tail end of his eyes

“I have not been here before” she said looking away, towards the live band

“No Grace, there is something else bothering you, what is it? What is this or who is this that is taking away your attention and leaving me with only your skeleton” he said calmly

Grace sighed,

“Ok… you remember the lady I told you about? My PA?”

“Mmhmm…” Morgan affirmed while swallowing some more wine

“I came back and she was nowhere to be found, probably she had gone back to that… that ,,, Bastard” she said under her breath

If Morgan was surprised he didn’t show it,

“Oh” was all he said

“I don’t know how I feel about this, I am sad, disappointed, you know?” Grace continued

“Hold on Grace, these things happen, an abused woman going back to her abuser, it’s not new, and besides, we are here to enjoy the evening, not to brood over some stupid girl that doesn’t know what she wants” Morgan said

Grace was disappointed, Ken would have listened to every word she said, he would have allow her to brood over some stupid girl who doesn’t know what she want, according to Morgan, he would have forgotten that they were in a choices Restaurant and discuss Imelda with her.

“I’m so sorry Morgan, I can’t help thinking about others” Grace said, still wondering why she would compare him with Ken.

“It’s ok, so can we order our food now?” Morgan asked beckoning on the waiter

She was giving the honor to order first, Grace has never taken any liken to foreign foods, neither was she used to most of the cuisines with tongue twisting names, ‘salt and yaji shrimp, grilled lobster with spiced herb and smoked crayfish sauce, chicken piri piri with sauteed ugwu’ the last one sounded like what her grandmother would say when she want to explain that a child is having runny stomach in Igbo ‘Nwata ahu n’anyu piri piri’ her grandmother would say. It took her almost like forever to make her order, even the waiter was getting impatient though he was smiling uncomfortably.

She finally settled for the one they called ‘vegetable bastilla’ at least she knows ‘vegetable’ it was the ‘bastilla’ added to it that she did not understand. She handed the menu back to the Waiter who heaved a sigh of relief.

Morgan made his order immediately, “he must have gotten used to these foods” Grace thought

He handed the Menu to the waiter and ordered more wine while they waited for the food.

“It’s like you are a regular here” Grace asked him just to break the Ice, she was already feeling awkward, catching his eyes on her each time she looked at him also made her uncomfortable.

“Why do you ask?” he replied

“The way you fit in immediately, the bartenders and the waiters already know your name, even that singer acknowledged you with a nod” she pointed out

Morgan was pleased with her observation, she could see it in his wide smile and the brightness in his eyes. He was a handsome man, she observed secretly, with a well structured jaw, well trimmed white and black beard almost flawless skin that looked like a ceramic floor, it was obvious that Morgan was a man who knows beauty and doesn’t stop at anything to give himself that touch of beauty.

“…So it seems you have not been to many intercontinental Restaurants yourself” grace only heard this part of all he was saying, he must have been recounting many of such top Restaurants he had been to worldwide,

“Not quite many” she said, not wanting to sound too local “ I personally have a thing for our local Dishes so I most times prefer to go for Restaurants that can prepare our local delicacies without adding any Oyibo spice” they both laughed at this

“I hope you will enjoy this place, I actually chose here to give you a special treat” he said silently pleading with his eyes for her to recognize his extra efforts

“Sure, the place is beautiful!, the serenity, the music the setting the waiters, I feel like a queen already” Grace said genuinely, though she still wished she would be having ‘Suya’ or ‘Ugba Agworo agwo’ instead of whatever it was she ordered

“So, why don’t you want to be my Lady” Morgan asked with food in his mouth. Their food arrived sooner than expected

“I thought we would not go into this discussion, you promised this would be just a dinner date” Grace said politely, she almost was tempted to chew the vegetable like someone with the DNA of a goat, she couldn’t make any sense out of the taste from the food in front of her.

“I know I said that but can’t you see? I like you, you are elegant, poised, beautiful and intelligent, we are good together, we can build empires, we will go places, please Grace don’t turn me down” Morgan pleaded

“Morgan, you a good Man with a good heart, you are handsome, wealthy, full of life and fun to be with, but… believe me when I say I can’t, I need some time to make this decision, give me time , I don’t want to be under pressure” Grace said

They eat in silence for a while with Morgan sending glances at her once in a while, the temperature in the hall was cold, with the alluring colored lights playing tricks to some lovers in the Restaurant. A beautiful lady had taken over from the male vocalist with ‘I will always love you’ a popular number from Whitney Huston,

Grace still had her fork deepen in the vegetable that was already as cold as an ice, she allowed her eyes to stray from their table to the stage where three couples danced to the rhythm of the music going on in slow movements, holding hands, heads on shoulders, arms cupping hips, while some had their eyes fixed on each other’s faces, smiling and giggling at little or nothing, suddenly she was no longer the spectator, she was on the dance floor, swinging her hips left and right, moving seductively close to the Man who was equally dancing in synchronization to her steps, there was no other couple, no tables and no Morgan, it was only the both of them, she and her Lover, until he grabbed her to kiss her, that was when she saw who he was, KEN

“Grace!” Morgan called her for the fourth time, she snapped out of her wide imagination.

What was wrong with her, why would she be moving with Ken’s image stuck in her head, why can’t she see any other person beyond Ken.

“Sorry … I was carried away, was wondering what is going on with Imelda my PA” she lied

It was past nine pm when a car pulled over in front of her house, he watched her stepped out of the car, with the Man that brought her home, he saw both of them lean on the car chatting and laughing, he did not hear their conversation but it was obvious they had a nice time from where ever they were coming back from, he saw them hugged and he planted a kiss on her forehead.

She froze when she saw him standing at her door step, with his face as cold as a stone, the fire in his eyes spoke volume, they both stood there, rooted on the ground, gazing at each other, one with surprise, the other with sadness.
He broke the gaze, handed her a bottle of Wine and wrap of Suya

“The Chinese company I trade with had decided to make me one of their permanent partners, I didn’t know who to celebrate with, I wanted to celebrate with you” Ken said

Grace couldn’t say anything, her mouth hung open, she felt like she was drowning in an ocean

“I have been waiting for you for about an hour now, it is obvious you had fun with whoever you went out with”

ken walked pass her, she did not turn to see him drive away, with the wine and Suya in her hands, her legs became too heavy for her to move, she swallowed hard trying not to cry, when she finally turned, the space where his care was packed was replace with darkness.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by Rosemary33: 12:14am On Jul 31, 2018
daveson07:
i no like to dey read in-progress stories i only read ready-made novels i didn't knw dis is an unfinished one b4 i opened it anyway,nice wright up,it's worth d wait
you will love this one, see this as a soap, like the movies grin grin thank you for reading, i hope i don't loose you
Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by Ovilalastica5(f): 1:21am On Jul 31, 2018
More please

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by Chikebranny123(m): 5:17am On Jul 31, 2018
This is torture.
I
Need
More.
Lemme sidon
I de wait

5 Likes

Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by profjones(m): 5:46am On Jul 31, 2018
Rosemary!!!!!! you will not kill person ooo. mumu Imelda, two sided Grace, playboy Morgan....... more abeg!!!

1 Like

Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by germaphobe(m): 6:57am On Jul 31, 2018
firstly i dont think morgan is a play boy but grace just have to see through him and recognise that. and for ken mhmm just my type of guy.

1 Like

Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by BuzoDeGr8: 7:35am On Jul 31, 2018
Thanks very much Rosemary33. More ink to your pen

1 Like

Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by johnpaschal(m): 9:09am On Jul 31, 2018
Ovilalastica5:
More please

You are spectacularly beautiful with an aura of confidence and elegance seniorita
Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by tijehi(f): 9:40am On Jul 31, 2018
This is going to be like the best story on nairaland.

Ha, my heart broke for Ken.

Rosy, please another update biko.
Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by daveson07(m): 10:07am On Jul 31, 2018
Rosemary33:
you will love this one, see this as a soap, like the movies grin grin thank you for reading, i hope i don't loose you
nah,u aint gonna loose me,,me likey
Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by Aminobrown(m): 10:45am On Jul 31, 2018
This story is damn interesting, more grease to ur elbow rose. Pls drop d rest episode as e dey hot
Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by Ovilalastica5(f): 11:21am On Jul 31, 2018
johnpaschal:

You are spectacularly beautiful with an aura of confidence and elegance seniorita
Thank you
Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by bimberry1307(f): 11:37am On Jul 31, 2018
Awwwwn! Ehyya, Ken, sorry ehn? everything will fall in place soon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by Dpleaser: 2:25pm On Jul 31, 2018
[quote author=bimberry1307 post=69856880]Awwwwn! Ehyya, Ken, sorry ehn? everything will fall in place soon. [/q

OK thanks ..... I'm keeping hope alive

1 Like

Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by dimssy(m): 2:55pm On Jul 31, 2018
When I think about love,Ialways pray to get lucky with it.
Thumbs up Rosey

1 Like

Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by skubido(m): 6:55pm On Jul 31, 2018
tanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by tijehi(f): 7:11pm On Jul 31, 2018
Rosy, please give small thing this evening biko....puleeeeeezzzz

1 Like

Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by Rosemary33: 11:28pm On Jul 31, 2018
[b][/b]EPISODE 19

He drove on a low speed, not in a hurry to get home.

‘I was a fool to have thought that she would be here for me’ he thought, laughing softly at himself.

He has been eager to break the new to her, knowing that both of them had worked, prayed and wished for this day when they were still married. She was the one who wrote proposals, she had sent a mails to ‘Livi-Virony Ceramic Company’ stating how business would likely go down for the company if they don’t site a branch of their in Nigeria, she had informed them of the New Ban on Imported goods which affected importation of ceramics.

They did not response initially but she kept writing and explaining the need to partner with ‘Ken-G Resources’, his business name, to establish a production plant there in Lagos. They responded after her forth email:

‘We acknowledge the receipt of your mails, we are aware of the new Nigerian policy on importation, we are seriously looking into your proposal and will get back to you when necessary.
Thank you for your patronage and concern
Livi-Virony

Two months later, he was invited to meet with the board of directors, the meeting led to him looking for a big and suitable area to site the company, that was another work for Grace, she wrote to the state government, wrote to their Bank, after securing the Land, nothing was heard from the Chinese company again even after they had their misunderstandings that finally led to their Divorce.

The Bank was already threatening to take back the twelve acres secured with its finance. The land was actually used as the collateral for the loan. He had chosen not to bother her and allow the bank to take back the land, since they were already divorced, until last week, when he got a call from the company that they would be visiting Nigeria in a week time and would want to see him.

It was a long meeting, one that exhausted almost all of them, his lawyer and some representatives from the bank was present. At the end, they had reached a consensus and an agreement was reached, the company would fund the construction through the Bank, while him, with some foreign experts would monitor the progress of the work, and give reports. It was also in that meeting that he was welcomed into ‘ Livi-Virony ceranics’ as a partner and a member of the board with a round of applauds.

It was one of the proud moments of his life, all the while he was there, he thought of her as the energy behind this success, he wished she was by his side, he had imagined her excitement, her joy and how her cheeks would have puffed up as she smiled.

All those sweet memories vanished like a fug when he saw her coming down from a stranger’s car, he saw the look in her eyes and knew immediately that she had moved on, she was looking at that man with much attention.

What was it he felt inside when he gave her the kiss? He didn’t want to admit he had a stab of jealousy.

He rebuked himself for feeling bad, he shouldn’t expect a matured woman to remain single with no man in her life after six year of divorce, yet his sadness hugged him like a thick blanket during harmattan,

The party that was going on at his street before he left, was still at top gear by the time he got to his gate, Olamide’s ‘Bad badder baddest’ was blasting from the speaker deliberately positioned to send the enemies of the ‘Awolabi’s to perpetual deafness. It was said that the family was childless for eight year, when Iyabo Awolabi finally got pregnant, she made sure she rubbed her protruded belly on the faces of her enemies, Ken already knew that the baby’s Naming ceremony would be a perfect opportunity for Iyabo to drive the final nail in the coffins of her supposed enemies, to show them she has arrived as a complete woman.

“wehcome sir, ’Bawo’” Baba greeted Ken, with an empty disposable plate in his hand and a bone begging to be thrown away, dropping from his mouth like toothpick

“Ehem…” Ken responded “you been go party” he asked Baba who was grinning and rubbing his stomach”

Rara’ o, I dey my own o na so them carry food come give me” Baba said while laughing

“That’s okay, enjoy” Ken said and walked towards his front door

The house suddenly became big and boring for him, he took his bath, he thought he would sleep immediately his head touched the pillow, but he was rather hunted by the image of Grace laughing and moving her head like an ostrich to the Jokes of the man that came home with him, when it was obvious that sleep would not be visiting him anytime soon, he stood up, wore his combat three quarter knickers, a T-shirt, a casual slippers and went down to say hi to the Awolabi’s.

Ken was amazed at the mammoth crowd he saw at the venue, life was bubbling and the sight of the crowd pushing and pulling each other’s cloth at the meal stands was like that of ants fighting over the carcass of a dead cockroach.

Two ladies at the other side of the canopy were already engaged on a fist fight, with one pulling the other’s wig off, exposing a head bald like the neck of a vulture, the one with the bald head threw a plate of rice on her opponent, Ken later learnt that it was that same plate of Rice that brought about the fight.

Ken pushed his way towards Mrs Iyabo, the celebrant,

“Congratulations Madam” He greeted, raising his voice so she could hear him amidst the music blasting from the speaker

“Yes o, my neighbor my neighbor, we thank God o” Iyabo replied. Her Gele was exceptional that night, as high as a roofing sheet, reminding him of the popular ‘Madam Emu’ from the Tv comedy series ‘the johnsons

He brought out a brown envelop, and handed it over to Iyabo as a way of rejoicing with the family.

“ah ah… Neighbor! This one na wetin? I no espect this one o” Iyabo said while weighing the envelop with her palm to know how heavy it was

“Its alright ma, I just want to rejoice with you” Ken said

ah, eshe, mo dupe lowo yin lopolopo, thank you so much” she said

Adupe lowo olorun, thank God” Ken replied

He wanted to leave immediately but something caught his attention, aside the wig of one of the ladies who fought earlier, flying like a kite from one place to another as some kids had made a tennis ball out of it.

Chinyeaka stood stretching her neck in search of him, she saw a glimpse of him few minutes ago, she had only gone to the back of the canopy to add power and some makeup to her face, only to come back and couldn’t see him again.

She wouldn’t have been to that party if not that she overheard her madam discussing with a friend, how super the party would be, she still did not pick interest until she heard that the venue was close to Oga Ken’s house. She did not know his house but she knew it was along Toyin Street.

Though she did not know the celebrants, she had arrived at the party earlier enough, hoping to bump into him. She was already losing hope of seeing him when he showed up, she had felt like doing a mood dance to thank her luck for this turn of event.

As she couldn’t see him again when she got back, she wondered whether some spiritual forces where trailing her to make sure she never get any good thing.

Ken was almost about to escape from the venue when she caught up with him

“Oga ken… Oga Ken…” her voice tore the night to get to him, yet he walked on pretending not to hear

He heard her picked up her steps, heard her running, and knew that he could no longer ignore her.

“Oga Ken good evening” she was panting

He felt for her though, he couldn’t belief any woman could be this persistent with going for a man who picked no interest in her, here he was dying for one woman whom he thought meant the world to him, yet another lady was ready to do anything to come closer to him.

Chinyeaka could be attractive if he had chosen to look at her like a man looks to a woman, she had her curves at the right places, she may not have gone to the University, but she could be transformed into everything classy if giving the opportunity.

“Chinyeaka, how are you” He asked

“I dey fine o, I see you for the party, as I say make I come greet you, I no see you again” she replied pretending to be shy,

“Enyaaa…, sorry about that, I have already over stayed, I am on my way home”

“Your house dey around here” she asked, hoping she could use the opportunity to know his house

“Emm… yes… but its at the end of the other street” he lied

“Okay o… I think say e dey close I fit follow you know the place” she said, hiding her disappointment

“Don’t worry, maybe some other time” Ken said, patting her at the back.

He watched her walk back to the party, what he didn’t know was that she did not go back to the party, she had followed him like a cat to his house, saw him walked inside his compound, came closer to mark the color of his gate, and left with the conviction in her heart that she would do anything to make him look at her like a matured woman.

5 Likes

Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by tijehi(f): 11:45pm On Jul 31, 2018
Awwww, thanks Rosy. Cool update.

Chinyeaka, u cannot come and eat where u did not sow ooo

2 Likes

Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by kingBenedict: 12:23am On Aug 01, 2018
Wonderful story...you really need to relax, you are making mistakes in some sentences and words....few errors but you can be forgiven...

1 Like

Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by marychommy(f): 3:15am On Aug 01, 2018
pls oooo can u give me Chinyeaka number to call her an warn her? Ken belongs to Grace whatz Der she can't understand. making herself cheap

1 Like

Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by keniwonder(m): 4:40am On Aug 01, 2018
Am reading every sentence with keen interest. Finger crossed.

1 Like

Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by Rosemary33: 7:32am On Aug 01, 2018
kingBenedict:
Wonderful story...you really need to relax, you are making mistakes in some sentences and words....few errors but you can be forgiven...
thanks. I have been overworking myself lately, joggling work, kids, other people's drama scripts and my personal stories, are telling on me seriously grin
Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by Rosemary33: 7:34am On Aug 01, 2018
marychommy:
pls oooo can u give me Chinyeaka number to call her an warn her? Ken belongs to Grace whatz Der she can't understand. making herself cheap
grin grin
Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by profjones(m): 7:34am On Aug 01, 2018
marychommy:
which grace, d one dat's already trapped in a love ramp wit anoda man.....
i cnt imagine d kind of pains Ken is currently passing thru!
guys would understand, dat killing feeling u develop wen u see d lady u re in love with being kissed by anoda man!
arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!
@Rosemary, well-done
Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by profjones(m): 7:37am On Aug 01, 2018
Rosemary33:
thanks. I have been overworking myself lately, joggling work, kids, other people's drama scripts and my personal stories, are telling on me seriously grin
Re: Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction by dhara18(m): 7:38am On Aug 01, 2018
such a great story...thumbs up ma'am

1 Like 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply)

Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) / My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) / Bloodline.......part Two[Blood And Diamonds]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 205
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.