Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,853 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:24 PM

Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment (26966 Views)

Hospitals Demand Child's Tribe Before Treatment / Man Die In Rivers Because Hospital Insist They Get Paid Before Treatment / Stories Of Why Hospitals Insist On Payment First Before Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by QualityHealthCa: 12:06pm On Jul 18, 2018
Jaqenhghar:

There is a differnece between people getting paid for work done and people getting paid for doing nothing. People getting paid to kill or act indifferent to patients is logical to you..... shithole logic. And morons like you wonder why their shothile country is the way it is. You get up and criticise the government when things dont work in your favour. My greviance is why people need to pay so much to watch their loved ones die in the hands of incompetent fools and no system of accountability for such. My greviance is how people like you (I asssume you are a doctor) go home to bed and sleep well even knowing that you did not give your best nor do you care about people who paid for your services.

Useless motherfucker hating on another man's hard earned success.

It shall not be well with you. Infact I pray you're struck with an undiagnosable and incurable disease.

Maybe after Ben Carson's like finish scratching their heads and tell you sorry, you realise how foolish you've been.
Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by Jaqenhghar: 12:07pm On Jul 18, 2018
QualityHealthCa:

Waoh, you got thought insertions or you doin that?

Well I guess that's one of the places we differ bro. I don't do that...so I'm off already!
Well praise Jesus.I pray your cure is permanent and you stay of the pipe for good wink
Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by Jaqenhghar: 12:11pm On Jul 18, 2018
QualityHealthCa:

It shall not be well with you. Infact I pray you're struck with an undiagnosable and incurable disease.

Maybe after Ben Carson's like finish scratching their heads and tell you sorry, you realise how foolish you've been.
Hard earned success you sayLMAO
Thats why you have to leave this shithole if success is measured only by passing exams and nothing else
You seem very bitter for a "successful man" whats wrong nah? if you are so successful you should be traveling the world giving lectures and handling complicated cases not writing PLAB2 and dreaming of migrating grin grin grin
Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by IMASTEX: 12:15pm On Jul 18, 2018
thesicilian:

There may be some unscrupulous people in the system tarnishing the image of the many good ones though.
Obviously
Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by brownhawk: 12:28pm On Jul 18, 2018
Jaqenhghar:

Even with the health insiramce nothing changes. My colleague lost his wife even with the health insurance. You need to see the way theh treated her..... even with their money
sorry o if truly someone died but the health insurance I have is serviced by me every month. I pay 7k monthly as service. Different packages for different persons. Maybe their insurance didn't cover their demanded services. Still services will be rendered. Health insurance work for certain hospitals not all
Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by shoboy9: 12:30pm On Jul 18, 2018
There's a lot of irresponsibility in this country. Yes people should be treated first in emergencies, but what about the after? Will the same people who want to hospitals to be charitable fold their hands when no one is ready to pay? If you must advocate charity, then back it up financially. Else you are just wallowing in hypocrisy.
We have not sought legal and financial options to make it work but we want to criticize people for protecting their businesses? Seriously?
Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by motherfucker: 12:38pm On Jul 18, 2018
QualityHealthCa:

I am not useless o. I take my mama and Papa beg u. Stop calling me useless. In fact is it your uselessness? undecided
Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by brownhawk: 12:40pm On Jul 18, 2018
mfm04622:

People cannot afford 15,000 per year? !,250 per month? Less than 50 per day?

I am lucky, my employer provides health coverage for me and my immediate family but those who lives with me have Health Insurance.

If more Nigerians have Health Insurance, there will be more money to invest in Government owned hospitals.
pls o which health insurance is #250?

I can't tolerate all these naira land lies. It can kill a guy. Bye
Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by cosmatika(m): 12:46pm On Jul 18, 2018
Ayoswit:
I understand their reasons for demanding payment or deposit before treating a patient but if I was the one, I would treat the patient regardless of the fact that money wasn't paid because I can't watch a patient die when I can be able to treat him, it's hard though but saving a life is worth it.
If u were a Dr u won't be saying this. Most of us came into medicine with this same heart u feel u have, but by the tym patients deal with you, u ll man up by force. If u guys see a Dr dats not living up to the societal status, u ll still label him a poor Dr. Presently in the hospital I work, we have a patient owing us 200k, he wants to come for another of 150kk, we've said OK, just pay for the new surgery, he said he can only bring 20k. We pay the anaesthetist 50k for each surgery, so how do u want us to do? If we fold tomorrow,u ll say Drs re not good managers
Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by XhosaNostra(f): 12:48pm On Jul 18, 2018
Jaqenhghar:

Truth is in this shithole no one is obligated to give anything of value. We have descended to that level that everywjere you turn it s pay up you hear but nothing is done. I pray your country doesnt degenerate into that

I hope for change on both sides. This continent of ours is extremely tiring.
Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by Jaqenhghar: 12:50pm On Jul 18, 2018
brownhawk:
sorry o if truly someone died but the health insurance I have is serviced by me every month. I pay 7k monthly as service. Different packages for different persons. Maybe their insurance didn't cover their demanded services. Still services will be rendered. Health insurance work for certain hospitals not all
It wasnt the payment that was the problem. Its the service that was rotten. Hlw do you give someone who is diabetic glucose drips
Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by Jaqenhghar: 12:53pm On Jul 18, 2018
XhosaNostra:

I hope for change on both sides. This continent of ours is extremely tiring.
It is. When discussing the problems here, a guy concluded that we Blacks havenet exactly evolved fully to move with the times. I cant speak for SA but looking at this shithole here, if you read up o the history you will fi d out that the issues being discussed since 1960 are still the issues we are still doscussing till today. Nothing has changed

1 Like

Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by brownhawk: 1:04pm On Jul 18, 2018
Jaqenhghar:

It wasnt the payment that was the problem. Its the service that was rotten. Hlw do you give someone who is diabetic glucose drips
glucose for diabetic patient? That one is manslaughter. Negligence is an understatement
Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by mfm04622: 1:10pm On Jul 18, 2018
brownhawk:
pls o which health insurance is #250?

I can't tolerate all these naira land lies. It can kill a guy. Bye

No need for me to lie. What do i gain in that?

NHIS charges 15,000 per year per person.

15,000 divided by 12 months is 1,250 per month.
1,250 divided by 30 days 41.67 per day
i did not say you pay daily, just showing how cheap it is.
Learn to ask for clarification if you don't understand before accusing anybody
Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by Jaqenhghar: 1:12pm On Jul 18, 2018
brownhawk:
Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by Jaqenhghar: 1:13pm On Jul 18, 2018
brownhawk:
glucose for diabetic patient? That one is manslaughter. Negligence is an understatement
Toh you sef see am.
Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by QualityHealthCa: 1:15pm On Jul 18, 2018
Jaqenhghar:

Keep calling Bennet Omalu. If Bennet Omalu reasoned like you he wont be where he is today. At least you are an admirer of Bennet Omalu thats a first positive step so there is hope for you afterall. Keep wprking o yourself. Sometimes the cure for madness doesnt come instantly. It will take time... years perhaps thays why I pray you move to the UK. It means you wouldn't have to kill anyone in the shithole

Bennett Omalu was subjected to the same madness special fools like you exhibited in Nigeria before he got to the States. I'm sure you'll have considered him one of the foolish doctors if he remained here.

The hardcore trait he's been able to nuture in this decrepit country is one of the foundation for his never say die mentality even when he was mocked to scorn for his discovery. Today he's celebrated worldwide.

Yet your foolish self continues to believe nothing good can come out if Nigerian health sector despite bagging his MBBS from University of Nigeria Nssuka in the year 1990.

Just because you're useless doesn't mean everyone will follow suit. You're a special type of fool remember?

From this day on, you'll no longer tarnish the name called Jaqenhghar, you'll now embrace your new name befitting of a dunce of your status:

Ser Dontos- the King's Fool.

You Reek!
Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by QualityHealthCa: 1:23pm On Jul 18, 2018
motherfucker:
I am not useless o. I take my mama and Papa beg u. Stop calling me useless. In fact is it your uselessness? undecided

Bwahahahaha!
Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by XhosaNostra(f): 1:25pm On Jul 18, 2018
Jaqenhghar:

It is. When discussing the problems here, a guy concluded that we Blacks havenet exactly evolved fully to move with the times. I cant speak for SA but looking at this shithole here, if you read up o the history you will fi d out that the issues being discussed since 1960 are still the issues we are still doscussing till today. Nothing has changed

Sigh. IMO, in Africa, the most incompetent people seek power. Personally, I believe in a multi-cultural society because it brings with it a broader spectrum of thinking. With that said, it's not like we haven't evolved as a whole because there're some very progressive black people (a prime example are Venda people. Will touch on that at the end of this post). It's just that the majority of black people are too emotional imo. No thinking, just an ocean of emotions. That's dragging us back in more ways than one.

Back to Venda people. These people are the smartest & hardworking individuals (usually very stingy too) in my opinion. They go to other provinces to make money, so they can build these big, beautiful homes without any assistance. They make the best of any situation. Plus they support each other a lot. Wish more people were as wise as they are, because trust me, Africa would be a much better place if we all supported each other's dreams, instead of being envious of people who are doing much better than us.

This is rural Venda, btw. You'll be shocked to know some of the people owning these houses probably flip burgers in the city for a living.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by QualityHealthCa: 1:27pm On Jul 18, 2018
Jaqenhghar:

See why I told this Ser Dontos to go to hell?

Do you know the commonest complication of Diabetes is Hypoglycaemia?

I'm sure if a white skinned doc told you that, you'll accept even if it doesn't make any sense to you.

I see your gullible type daily in hospitals in the North, getting fleeced and flayed of their hard earned money whenever they see "white skinned" individuals wearing ward coat, even though some of them might just be assistants or lab scientists sef from the country they come from.

I laugh heavily when I see some of their diagnosis sef.

Like:

"Sleeping for a long time second day to unknown cause"

Bwahahahaha cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by QualityHealthCa: 1:29pm On Jul 18, 2018
brownhawk:

See them, see them...

Half knowledge indeed is a calamitous disaster.

Dunno even know how to help you... undecided
Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by brownhawk: 1:40pm On Jul 18, 2018
QualityHealthCa:

See them, see them...

Half knowledge indeed is a calamitous disaster.

Dunno even know how to help you..ḥ undecided
the God of helplessness and cluelessness has arrived. Welcome sir
Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by QualityHealthCa: 1:48pm On Jul 18, 2018
brownhawk:
the God of helplessness and cluelessness has arrived. Welcome sir

Nah, you can't drag me into your present mess of a state.

You're the one who's actually helpless, by that I mean irredeemably hopeless.

Atleast that's how far I can be of help to you. To help diagnose your condition. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by LaudableXX: 2:02pm On Jul 18, 2018
dominique:
Hospitals are run with money not goodwill. They have bills staff salaries to pay, supplies are bought with money too. Most of us don't have health insurance yet we expect hospitals to treat us first before collecting money. We're seriously not serious in this country.
Yes, they are run with money. But patients who abscond without paying for treatment are in the minority, yet the hospitals go out of their way to use this excuse to deny treatment to those who are willing and able to pay for treatment, but who might be temporarily short of funds.

I once got a relative admitted in a private hospital. sad After 1 week, he was billed 275,000 naira. I paid over 240,000 but requested for time to pay the balance, as some of my cheques had not cleared. I dropped all my contact details and everything, but they refused to agree and insisted they would detain the patient, until the balance was paid. They even claimed they would add the admission bill for the days he would be detained, to the final bill. I lost my cool. angry So someone who has already paid 240k out of 275k, has not tried? Why not give him the benefit of doubt? And in this hospital, they charge 25k per night for bed space, o! A bed space that is less than 2.5sqmx5sqm. angry

The next day, a woman rushed her baby into the hospital. sad She was asked to pay 80k deposit. She emptied her purse and paid 35k, begging them to commence treatment, before her husband could bring the balance. They refused to treat the baby, until his condition grew worse. Someone had to advise the woman to take her baby elsewhere for treatment, if she wanted him to live.

What about hospitals where you pay through the nose, and still receive lousy, below average treatment? I know someone who was admitted with a high fever as well as stomach pains, yet he was being given daily injections and drips, without any remarkable improvement. He was discharged after paying a bill of 80k, but the symptoms still persisted. He now went to another hospital for a second opinion. That was where he was discovered to have an amoebic infection. After a course of antibiotics, he was as right as rain. Total cost at the 2nd hospital was 18k. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by Jaqenhghar: 2:05pm On Jul 18, 2018
QualityHealthCa:

See why I told this Ser Dontos to go to hell?

Do you know the commonest complication of Diabetes is Hypoglycaemia?

I'm sure if a white skinned doc told you that, you'll accept even if it doesn't make any sense to you.

I see your gullible type daily in hospitals in the North, getting fleeced and flayed of their hard earned money whenever they see "white skinned" individuals wearing ward coat, even though some of them might just be assistants or lab scientists sef from the country they come from.

I laugh heavily when I see some of their diagnosis sef.

Like:

"Sleeping for a long time second day to unknown cause"

Bwahahahaha cheesy cheesy cheesy
Whats this donkey braying about? This happened in the shithole probably in the hospital you work. This was years ago when I was still there so I guess joke's on U. Now sit yo miserable ass someplace and focus on that PLAB exam you want to write. Dr. Successful grin

1 Like

Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by Jaqenhghar: 2:06pm On Jul 18, 2018
LaudableXX:

Yes, they are run with money. But patients who abscond without paying for treatment are in the minority, yet the hospitals go out of their way to use this excuse to deny treatment to those who are willing and able to pay for treatment, but who might be temporarily short of funds.

I once got a relative admitted in a private hospital. sad After 1 week, he was billed 275,000 naira. I paid over 240,000 but requested for time to pay the balance, as some of my cheques had not cleared. I dropped all my contact details and everything, but they refused to agree and insisted they would detain the patient, until the balance was paid. They even claimed they would add the admission bill for the days he would be detained, to the final bill. I lost my cool. angry So someone who has already paid 240k out of 275k, has not tried? Why not give him the benefit of doubt? And in this hospital, they charge 25k per night for bed space, o! A bed space that is less than 2.5sqmx5sqm. angry

The next day, a woman rushed her baby into the hospital. sad She was asked to pay 80k deposit. She emptied her purse and paid 35k, begging them to commence treatment, before her husband could bring the balance. They refused to treat the baby, until his condition grew worse. Someone had to advise the woman to take her baby elsewhere for treatment, if she wanted him to live.

What about hospitals where you pay through the nose, and still receive lousy, below average treatment? I know someone who was admitted with a high fever as well as stomach pains, yet he was being given daily injections and drips, without any remarkable improvement. He was discharged after paying a bill of 80k, but the symptoms still persisted. He now went to another hospital for a second opinion. That was where he was discovered to have an amoebic infection. After a course of antibiotics, he was as right as rain. Total cost at the 2nd hospital was 18k. undecided
Pls tell them.
Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by QualityHealthCa: 2:43pm On Jul 18, 2018
Jaqenhghar:

Whats this donkey braying about? This happened in the shithole probably in the hospital you work. This was years ago when I was still there so I guess joke's on U. Now sit yo miserable ass someplace and focus on that PLAB exam you want to write. Dr. Successful grin

Oga Ade, your brain don disconnect.

Where's the correlation between my statement and your balderdash
Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by omakay(m): 3:32pm On Jul 18, 2018
blackgold2018:
I remember asking a colleague at work why Nigeria is as it's state n the economy. I was expecting a long list explanation but he simply answered "value for human life". Fews words with a thousand meanings.

That your colleague is very right.

Lack of value for human life

It applies to the way we work, the way we conduct business with each other, the way we conduct our religion, the way we drive on our roads and the way we even walk.

Chairman, the list is endless.

Just take a step back and observe how we relate with each other on a daily basis, it will be so glaring.

Until we begin to show regard for ourselves as a people, this country will continue to remain the way it is and even worse.
Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by Jaqenhghar: 3:33pm On Jul 18, 2018
QualityHealthCa:

Oga Ade, your brain don disconnect.

Where's the correlation between my statement and your balderdash
Oga Ade?!
Who is that? I said stay off the pipe U denied. Dr. Succeesful at this rate I fear for U in UK O
Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by LaudableXX: 3:50pm On Jul 18, 2018
sisisioge:
grin grin ;DFunny! We are indeed funny folks in this country. I won't stop saying families should get health insurance for themselves... If you deem yourself eligible enough to get married, please be eligible enough to pay about just a 100k per a whole year premium covering yourself, wife and four kids. This will save you a lot of headache... Don't compromise on this.
mfm04622:
It does if you have Health Insurance. Do you have Health Insurance? How many people have Health insurance in Nigeria?
mfm04622:
There is health insurance in Nigeria. It was put in place by OBJ along with the pension sceme. Reason i respect OBJ with his wuruwuru ways.

There are two ways you fund Health Insurance scheme. 1, ask people to buy insurance (Nigerian way) or 2, deduct it along side other taxes. We all know second option won't work in Nigeria for now. It is left for people to buy the scheme in Nigeria
sisisioge:
HMO is every where! At least the substandard facilities we have is able to save 8 out of ten if quick access is granted. Just enable yourself the access is all that is required of you since you can't afford to fly to the US each time you have an emergency.
mfm04622:
No need for me to lie. What do i gain in that?

NHIS charges 15,000 per year per person.

15,000 divided by 12 months is 1,250 per month.
1,250 divided by 30 days 41.67 per day
i did not say you pay daily, just showing how cheap it is.
Learn to ask for clarification if you don't understand before accusing anybody
Most of you do NOT understand how health insurance is structured in Nigeria. shocked Most health insurance companies prefer to insure employees of an organisation en bloc, rather than single individuals who walk in, expecting to buy health insurance packages, off the shelf.

Secondly, your health insurance is tied to a provider hospital which means that you can only use that particular hospital under your health plan.
If you decide to switch to another hospital, you need to wait for a period of time (1-3 months in some cases) before you can start receiving treatment under your health plan, in that new hospital.

Thirdly, if you buy health insurance today, you cannot start enjoying the benefit today, you need to wait for 1 month before it kicks in. sad If you need medical care during that 1 month window, you pay out of your pocket.

Fourthly, for emergency care - if you are rushed to a different hospital from the one you are registered with under your health care plan, that new hospital still has to get in touch with your medical insurance providers before they can agree to treat you. If your health insurance provider withholds their consent, then that new hospital cannot treat you. Some hospitals do NOT even accept health insurance - it is strictly cash and carry. undecided

Finally, not every medical or surgical procedure is covered by health insurance. It all depends on the kind of ealth care plan you have in place.
Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by LaudableXX: 4:08pm On Jul 18, 2018
brownhawk:
it's like u don't know what substandard is. Or maybe u are limiting medical service to malaria and typhoid drugs. Do u know how health insurance is serviced and with what amount Do u even have an health insurance. Lol. Or u think our national insurance is like the #3500 crap offer u see being advertised on naira land. Anyway. I'll rest my case with u here cost most u of siding hospitals don't even have health insurance neither have u done proper findings on how health insurance is funded by persons and with what amount
Tell them, o! sad I am not against health insurance, but the way it is dished out in Nigeria is totally disheartening. cry When my sister wanted to buy health insurance, every HMO kept asking her if she had plans to get pregnant, or if she was actually pregnant. All those she replied "Yes,", because she was planning to get pregnant, declined to offer her any health insurance plan, whatsoever.

In fact, one of them said they could take her money for the premiums under their health coverage plan, but would not provide her with any cover for any pregnancy-related condition within the 1st one year of the health plan. And this particular health plan stated childbirth and delivery was covered under that same plan, by the HMO, o! shocked
Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by Celense(m): 4:48pm On Jul 18, 2018
Ayoswit:
I understand their reasons for demanding payment or deposit before treating a patient but if I was the one, I would treat the patient regardless of the fact that money wasn't paid because I can't watch a patient die when I can be able to treat him, it's hard though but saving a life is worth it.
Sweerie, which part of Uyo do you stay?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member / 80-Year-Old Man Commits Suicide In Lagos / Ladies, See How To Escape Cancer In Your bosom!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.