Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,310 members, 7,811,917 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:35 PM

Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment (26967 Views)

Hospitals Demand Child's Tribe Before Treatment / Man Die In Rivers Because Hospital Insist They Get Paid Before Treatment / Stories Of Why Hospitals Insist On Payment First Before Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by Thegamingorca(m): 8:13am On Jul 18, 2018
magicminister:

WW I and WW II were caused by white men and had over 200 million casualties
The nuclear bombardment of Hiroshima and nagasaki had over 100,000 casualties and was caused by the white men
The church crusade which had over a million people burnt or brutally murdered was caused by the white folks
The enslavement, murder and rape of our ancestor was caused by white folks

all i am trying to say is that compared to other races, black people are actually more compassionate and kind.
The fact that most African countries has been caused with bad leaders does not mean the people are not great!!

My brother, free yourself from mental slavery and realize that skin colour does not determine the character of anybody.
You are already biased towards blacks but if you remove your bias, you will see that other races do even worse things than blacks!!

This events you quote happened near centuries ago

And you are still comparing Nigeria to day to ww2.

Blacks are sick and that's a fact

1 Like

Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by sshyne(m): 8:14am On Jul 18, 2018
Ayoswit:
I understand their reasons for demanding payment or deposit before treating a patient but if I was the one, I would treat the patient regardless of the fact that money wasn't paid because I can't watch a patient die when I can be able to treat him, it's hard though but saving a life is worth it.

You have a good heart but let's be realistic, how many lifes do you wanna save before you run into debts and your hospital folds up. I really don't blame those that request for money before treatment. Some people will make you pity them at the end of the day they run after treatment. The solution is to make sure majority of Nigerians are on health insurance scheme. It's gonna help that way
Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by jaxxy(m): 8:16am On Jul 18, 2018
Vickygarl:

What about when the hospital has exhausted the supplies meant for such cases?

A hospital dat exhausts its supplies and waiting for a patient to pay them them to get supplies has a problem unless it's just a coincidence then anyone capable takes initiative and even tho I know how health care system is poor we can create our own good standards.

Not everybody that in such emergency situations wants to abscond after treatment sm are capable of paying and sm pay not have then its left for hospital management to decide b4 treatment goes far.
Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by QualityHealthCa: 8:16am On Jul 18, 2018
thesicilian:

In other countries, a large part of patients bills are taken care of with health insurance put in place by a responsible government. You people should always do your research before opening your mouth in public.

Nigerians are responsible for corruption not the politicians. Amaechi rightly said: "we steal because you don't stone us"

Health insurance money meant to be borne by government is squandered on government recurrent expenditures and lavish lifestyle, yet we ask "anything for the boys?" when they flash our commonwealth in our faces.

But when the doctor asks for his right, we transfer our aggression to him with correct stoning.

Nigerians are wonderful people! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by QualityHealthCa: 8:18am On Jul 18, 2018
anselm791:

we will rise again brother, maybe not in 3 days, but we will rise.

You die well be that cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by magicminister: 8:19am On Jul 18, 2018
Thegamingorca:

This events you quote happened near centuries ago

And you are still comparing Nigeria to day to ww2.

Blacks are sick and that's a fact

You're black lol and nothing is gonna change that!!!

1 Like

Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by crazysam001: 8:20am On Jul 18, 2018
Ayoswit:
I understand their reasons for demanding payment or deposit before treating a patient but if I was the one, I would treat the patient regardless of the fact that money wasn't paid because I can't watch a patient die when I can be able to treat him, it's hard though but saving a life is worth it.

Quite the moral thing to do, but imagine a situation where you are saving lives and paying out of your salary and struggling with fees and family responsibilities while the life you saved moves on and never comes back with as much as here is part of the bill meanwhile d deductions are hitting ur account on a steady. Imagine having 3 of those cases what would your response be
Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by Nobody: 8:22am On Jul 18, 2018
jaxxy:

A hospital dat exhausts its supplies and waiting for a patient to pay them them to get supplies has a problem unless it's just a coincidence then anyone capable takes initiative and even tho I know how health care system is poor we can create our own good standards.

Not everybody that in such emergency situations wants to abscond after treatment sm are capable of paying and sm pay not have then its left for hospital management to decide b4 treatment goes far.
Good point. But while your suggestion will work well in a private hospital, it might not work as well in government hospitals. In the later, hospital supplies are being procured by a particular department and if there's no money for that, the procurement won't take place.
Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by Sterope(f): 8:22am On Jul 18, 2018
What ia going to happen when it gets to the point where you can't afford to keep the hospital''s doors open (not to mention upgrade), cloth yourself, help your family and your children starts to die from hunger?

It is easier said than done.

Ayoswit:

3 Likes

Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by jaxxy(m): 8:23am On Jul 18, 2018
Thegamingorca:

Stabilise wetin. ..is it free?

Free or not a doctor must do that. It shud be a crime not to do so in a life/death situation. Not everybody wants to default/abscond after treatment. The police can also be involved for suspicious cases. Any doctor dats not ready to save lives ahud go home or better yet look for another profession he's passionate about. Like doctor sid.
Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by QualityHealthCa: 8:25am On Jul 18, 2018
mfm04622:

It does if you have Health Insurance. Do you have Health Insurance? How many people have Health insurance in Nigeria?

Even those with Health Insurance abuse it sef. They'll come to hospital asking of branded drugs, antibiotics, cough syrup, injections etc and absolutely nothing is wrong with them!!! They've gone to read signs of symptoms of illnesses and when they present to you, they start reeling them off like they're in an oral interview.

I just shake my head most times for Nigerians, na we go run this country aground by ourself, not the politicians sef...
Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by jaxxy(m): 8:28am On Jul 18, 2018
Vickygarl:

Good point. But while your suggestion will work well in a private hospital, it might not work as well in government hospitals. In the later, hospital supplies are being procured by a particular department and if there's no money for that, the procurement won't take place.

Both my parents were medical practitioners. I know the govt system bt in emergency situations theres room to take initiative u can just be looking and staring like a novice its not professional.
Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by QualityHealthCa: 8:28am On Jul 18, 2018
jaxxy:

Free or not a doctor must do that. It shud be a crime not to do so in a life/death situation. Not everybody wants to default/abscond after treatment. The police can also be involved for suspicious cases. Any doctor dats not ready to save lives ahud go home or better yet look for another profession he's passionate about. Like doctor sid.

No we will go home and read for PLABs and jettison Nigeria for you to enable you get a "passionate" Dr like Dr Sid cheesy

But definitely not our hard earned licence...it might mean nothing to your ilk here in this shithole, but it's worth far more in serious minded nations.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 8:29am On Jul 18, 2018
HolyHero:
Medicine is the nobliest of profession... they can't just have the heart to let someone die
and the ones that let people die nkor?
Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by eyinjuege: 8:29am On Jul 18, 2018
Vickygarl:

What about when the hospital has exhausted the supplies meant for such cases?

Are you not paid salary undecided? Come on, go and use your salary and buy it at the nearest pharmacy near you. angry
If your salary is exhausted, can't you take loan from a bank to help strangers for such emergencies? undecided
Your reward is in heaven.
Meanwhile, the governors, local govt chairmen, house of reps and assembly members, the cabinet of the presidency can keep on with sharing the common wealth amongst themselves. We will keep on supporting them because we belong to same political party, or because they are our kinsmen.
Nothing do you aunty nurse, you must save lives by fire by force tongue
Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 18, 2018
eyinjuege:

Are you not paid salary undecided? Come on, go and use your salary and buy it at the nearest pharmacy near you. angry
If your salary is exhausted, can't you take loan from a bank to help strangers for such emergencies? undecided
Your reward is in heaven.
Meanwhile, the governors, local govt chairmen, house of reps and assembly members, the cabinet of the presidency can keep on with sharing the common wealth amongst themselves. We will keep on supporting them because we belong to same political party, or because they are our kinsmen.
Nothing do you aunty nurse, you must save lives by fire by force tongue
I'm not a nurse but u are a big clown.
Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by QualityHealthCa: 8:33am On Jul 18, 2018
IbnAbdullah1:

When you see something such as these you just cringe with fear.
Nigerians are no different from their leaders, there is hardly any difference.
I personally hate owing people no matter what.
Even if my wife(s) have some other need for money while I am in debt I would rather settle that debt than make her happy while somebody is breathing down my neck.
Debt is so bad that it ruins good will and relationships.
People should learn to pay up what they owe because everyone has got a family to feed.
How would it feel if somebody who is owing you some money you suddenly see that same person buying some material things more than what he/she is owing you.
To God, the sight can really be psychologically devastating.
We should learn to pay people what we owe them.

Nigerians are actually worse than their leaders, that's the difference.

Working in private setup would confirm that for you.

The kind wickedness wey dey some Naija ppl mind, it's no wonder they're paid by the looters to do their dirty jobs for them.

Nigerians are worse than their leaders.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by Nobody: 8:33am On Jul 18, 2018
jaxxy:

Both my parents were medical practitioners. I know the govt system bt in emergency situations theres room to take initiative u can just be looking and staring like a novice its not professional.
Nobody looks and stares. I'm sure your medical practitioner parents can lecture u more. I rest my case.
Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by jaxxy(m): 8:35am On Jul 18, 2018
QualityHealthCa:

No we will go home and read for PLABs and jettison Nigeria for you to enable you get a "passionate" Dr like Dr Sid cheesy

But definitely not our hard earned licence...it might mean nothing to your ilk herr in this shithole, but it's worth far more in serious minded nations.

Cheers!

Both my parents were practitioners in the govt federal and state. I understand u very well. I didn't study same cos i didn't hv the passion or heart to do wat doctors do bt i have alot of respect for them. The professional ones. They deserve accolades.
Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by Thegamingorca(m): 8:39am On Jul 18, 2018
jaxxy:

How does the doctor save a px life when they have not bought materials and paid for workmanship used to treat grin

Do you think doctors walk around with normal saline, 24G cannulas and chest tubes? grin

Do you think the doctor manufactures all these cannulas?

You will still go to the pharmacy and pay to procure items used for stabilization. grin

Perhaps we doctors should add our consultation charges to the cost of procuring items. grin
Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by eyinjuege: 8:39am On Jul 18, 2018
Ayoswit:

You've not mentioned how you would treat the patient without consumables o.
Your skills and knowledge is not enough to treat the patient. What will you do about the consumables like drip, stitches, gauze, cannula and medications needed to treat the patient? Will you conjure it from the air or how will you get those to treat the patient?
This is a honest question, that I believe everyone can learn from your answer because its important to save lives

1 Like

Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by mfm04622: 8:40am On Jul 18, 2018
brownhawk:
health insurance exists but how many can afford it?how many hospitals in Nigeria are well equipped and trained to accept or deny health insurance card or documents. Wtf.most of these hospitals are just equipped with drugs and auxiliary nurses and doctors who don't have standard access. And Oga, pls I hope u are on health insurance, ba?

People cannot afford 15,000 per year? !,250 per month? Less than 50 per day?

I am lucky, my employer provides health coverage for me and my immediate family but those who lives with me have Health Insurance.

If more Nigerians have Health Insurance, there will be more money to invest in Government owned hospitals.
Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by Thegamingorca(m): 8:40am On Jul 18, 2018
jaxxy:

Both my parents were practitioners in the govt federal and state. I understand u very well. I didn't study same cos i didn't hv the passion or heart to do wat doctors do bt i have alot of respect for them. The professional ones. They deserve accolades.

You spilled cheesy

1 Like

Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by Bluffly: 8:45am On Jul 18, 2018
Exwizard:
Pls when is premier league starting?
Yesterday
Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by jaxxy(m): 8:57am On Jul 18, 2018
Thegamingorca:

How does the doctor save a px life when they have not bought materials and paid for workmanship used to treat grin

Do you think doctors walk around with normal saline, 24G cannulas and chest tubes? grin

You will still go to the pharmacy and pay to procure items used for stabilization. grin

Perhaps we doctors should add our consultation charges to the cost of procuring items. grin

Its can be approved by the medical director for such emergencies, this is all an internal system dotor/pharmacy bt then again the patient family if with cash can pay for the necessary things bt even in the recent case of that lady, they said they want cash not even transfer at 3am?? Haba! Wat im saying is dat treatment shud start even while money is being paid or made available for emergencies. Money may not be the problem bt time the patient needs. Govt may hv a part to play to clarify and enforce this.
Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by Jaqenhghar: 9:04am On Jul 18, 2018
dominique:
Hospitals are run with money not goodwill. They have bills staff salaries to pay, supplies are bought with money too. Most of us don't have health insurance yet we expect hospitals to treat us first before collecting money. We're seriously not serious in this country.
Even with the money what quality of treatment do you get?
Lets not go there. Truth is nothing works in this shithole
Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by ruggedtimi(m): 9:09am On Jul 18, 2018
Ayoswit:
lol okay..you tell me how pay ur staffs salary or even buy diesel or fuel to run your generator. Dont forget tax oh. My dad runs a clinic and i see alot, after treatment they start complaining about bill when the patients people are actually holding phones worth 100k yet they assume 50k bill is to big for a patients medical bill.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by Jaqenhghar: 9:09am On Jul 18, 2018
Thegamingorca:

Even with the money. Even with the buying its not like anything is done. This is a serious problem and you are here laughing about it You can laugh about it because like anyone in this shithole it doesnt concern you. End of the month you get your money thats all
Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by Jaqenhghar: 9:11am On Jul 18, 2018
brownhawk:
health insurance exists but how many can afford it?how many hospitals in Nigeria are well equipped and trained to accept or deny health insurance card or documents. Wtf.most of these hospitals are just equipped with drugs and auxiliary nurses and doctors who don't have standard access. And Oga, pls I hope u are on health insurance, ba?
Even with the health insiramce nothing changes. My colleague lost his wife even with the health insurance. You need to see the way theh treated her..... even with their money
Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by johnnywayne(m): 9:12am On Jul 18, 2018
HolyHero:
Medicine is the nobliest of profession... they can't just have the heart to let someone die
are u for real ?
Re: Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment by Jaqenhghar: 9:14am On Jul 18, 2018
crazysam001:

Quite the moral thing to do, but imagine a situation where you are saving lives and paying out of your salary and struggling with fees and family responsibilities while the life you saved moves on and never comes back with as much as here is part of the bill meanwhile d deductions are hitting ur account on a steady. Imagine having 3 of those cases what would your response be
You talk as of you actually save the lives in the first place. SMH

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member / 80-Year-Old Man Commits Suicide In Lagos / Ladies, See How To Escape Cancer In Your bosom!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.