Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,269 members, 7,815,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? (15602 Views)

Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? / Can Atheists Explain Why… / "You Can't Prove God Is Real." Can You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 6:30am On Sep 25, 2018
LordReed:

LoL! You've come with interpreting Bible to suit your narrative. Jacob physically wrestled with the angel, abi how did it stretch a hand and dislocate Jacob's hip? The angels the Sodomites wanted to sleep with, were they in the dream world? Abraham, Joshua, Moses, Gideon all saw angels with their 2 korokoro eyes according to your fairytales. But because it is all fake and you cannot reproduce the results (which is the essence of verifiable evidence) you have to employ sophistry for your utter inability to produce anything tangible.

You folk will keep saying we are bitter but it is because we tell you the bitter truth. Reality is as harsh as the full glare of stadium lights greeting you as you wake from sleep. Your religion is a a pipe dream. A nice one in some places but still just a dream.
To you it's a whole bunch of fairytales because you don't want anything or anyone to tell you what to do, so i understood atheism in all it's analogy but the irony of the matter is even if your folks are protesting against mind control you're still trying one way or the other to control the mind of others by telling them religion is bullshit and asking them to join hands in doing what you think can end or reduce mankind's woes.Psalms 10:4 So my friend it's all the same we're just seeing it from different angles, i'm seeing it from the perspective of a supernatural force that's capable of controlling mankind like robots but chose to allow them willingly decide if they'll see reasons with HIM(Isaiah 1:18)and you're seeing it from the perspective of intelligent creatures coming together agreeing on what's to be done to resolve their selfcausedominance. I strongly believe that presentation matters most here,therefore i'll continue presenting my own opinion to whoever is willing to listen. Matthew 28:19,20 wink wink wink
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by LordReed(m): 7:35am On Sep 25, 2018
TATIME:
To you it's a whole bunch of fairytales because you don't want anything or anyone to tell you what to do, so i understood atheism in all it's analogy but the irony of the matter is even if your folks are protesting against mind control you're still trying one way or the other to control the mind of others by telling them religion is bullshit and asking them to join hands in doing what you think can end or reduce mankind's woes.Psalms 10:4 So my friend it's all the same we're just seeing it from different angles, i'm seeing it from the perspective of a supernatural force that's capable of controlling mankind like robots but chose to allow them willingly decide if they'll see reasons with HIM(Isaiah 1:18)and you're seeing it from the perspective of intelligent creatures coming together agreeing on what's to be done to resolve their selfcausedominance. I strongly believe that presentation matters most here,therefore i'll continue presenting my own opinion to whoever is willing to listen. Matthew 28:19,20 wink wink wink

When you present your fairytales, will you be honest enough to say to the person, "look I don't have any proof of these stories but I just believe them and I think they sometimes work other times I don't know what is happening "?

2 Likes

Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 7:56am On Sep 25, 2018
LordReed:

When you present your fairytales, will you be honest enough to say to the person, "look I don't have any proof of these stories but I just believe them and I think they sometimes work other times I don't know what is happening "?
It's not my fault that your thoughts and opinions is all wrapped within your soul. As for me, it's no fairytales because it's WORKING always in the midst of those taking advantage of the wisdom from above. What you're demanding you'll never get which is a SIGN. Because even if you see it you'll not agree since you don't want anything or anyone to tell you what to do. We are seeing it working in our midst and we're Witnesses of the fact that Jehovah (our God) lives. HE foretells about the emergence of your folks, HE even made US to understand that you're worshippers of a SILENT god,that's why you'll remain in silence even with all those feeble ideas of yours since it can't work so it's best living in your skulls. Psalms 115:4-8 So my friend keep trusting in what you can see (RICHES) and keep striving to make it work even while you're silent about it. wink wink wink
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by LordReed(m): 9:03am On Sep 25, 2018
TATIME:
It's not my fault that your thoughts and opinions is all wrapped within your soul. As for me, it's no fairytales because it's WORKING always in the midst of those taking advantage of the wisdom from above. What you're demanding you'll never get which is a SIGN. Because even if you see it you'll not agree since you don't want anything or anyone to tell you what to do. We are seeing it working in our midst and we're Witnesses of the fact that Jehovah (our God) lives. HE foretells about the emergence of your folks, HE even made US to understand that you're worshippers of a SILENT god,that's why you'll remain in silence even with all those feeble ideas of yours since it can't work so it's best living in your skulls. Psalms 115:4-8 So my friend keep trusting in what you can see (RICHES) and keep striving to make it work even while you're silent about it. wink wink wink

Ah yes the old "I don't have evidence so I'll call you the spawn of Satan" argument. Except it stems from your fairytale book so you might as well be talking out of your arse.

When you have evidence you can proudly display it and let everyone probe it to their satisfaction. But I am not holding my breath for that to happen.

There are hospitals everywhere for you to go show your magic powers but how can you when you realise it is just talk?

There are enough Christians in this world to channel their so called supernatural God given powers to empty every hospital but will that happen? Fake powers will produce fake results, just as we are seeing now. LMFAO!

1 Like

Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 9:04am On Sep 25, 2018
I've read many comments. You can decide to be irreligious. But it's stupid not to believe God(a creator) exists. There is a difference.

1 Like

Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by LordReed(m): 9:08am On Sep 25, 2018
SmartestG:
I've read many comments. You can decide to be irreligious. But it's stupid not to believe God(a creator) exists. There is a difference.

Actually it is stupid to think one exists without evidence.
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Godssword1(m): 9:08am On Sep 25, 2018
Gain access to thousands of free Christian Ebooks in our Telegram group. Join us now:
https:///ibloggospel
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 25, 2018
LordReed:

As for this, there are archeological proofs concerning the some of these fairytales (history) you speak of. I did some research and was blown away. Some things have even been proven by science to be accurate.
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 9:27am On Sep 25, 2018
LordReed:

Ah yes the old "I don't have evidence so I'll call you the spawn of Satan" argument. Except it stems from your fairytale book so you might as well be talking out of your arse.

When you have evidence you can proudly display it and let everyone probe it to their satisfaction. But I am not holding my breath for that to happen.

There are hospitals everywhere for you to go show your magic powers but how can you when you realise it is just talk?

There are enough Christians in this world to channel their so called supernatural God given powers to empty every hospital but will that happen? Fake powers will produce fake results, just as we are seeing now. LMFAO!
NO SIGN for you my friend, except the fact that Nineveh's inhabitants believed Jonah and agreed to make changes is enough evidence that surpasses all doubts. Matthew 12:39 God's Kingdom will surely come and cure all OBEDIENT mankind. Revelations 21:3,4 But as for all atheists (including disguised atheists claiming Christians today) no SIGN will be provided for you! This is what Jesus prophesied in the book of Revelations:All atheists will merge as one against true Christians after their hidden caves (false religions) have been destroyed,all of you will intend to wipe out FAITH,Satan has held you hostage for thousands of years in false religions but since true Christianity is exposing false religions Satan will change his strategy by openly declaring his true intentions which is DISOBEDIENCE to divine instruction. So all of you (including atheists now claiming Christians) will form alliance against FAITH. Then the end will come because Jehovah will speak in HIS rage and destroy all DISOBEDIENT mankind! Even if i quote it from the Bible you're not ready to read,meditate and reason on an ancient book's accuracy in foretelling present events.
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 25, 2018
LordReed:

Actually it is stupid to think one exists without evidence.
No bro. Religion, and science has thought us different ways of thinking and you just quoted what science mainly teaches. It's important we put aside what science or religion says and apply reason/logic first.

The order of things in the universe as a whole, and on earth is too perfect for it to have occured by chance. It looks like something that was planned and designed by someone (a creator).

1 Like

Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by LordReed(m): 9:32am On Sep 25, 2018
SmartestG:

As for this, there are archeological proofs concerning the some of these fairytales (history) you speak of. I did some research and was blown away. Some things have even been proven by science to be accurate.

Like which?
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 25, 2018
SmartestG:

No bro. Religion, and science has thought us different ways of thinking and you just quoted what science mainly teaches. It's important we put aside what science or religion says and apply reason/logic first.

The order of things in the universe as a whole, and on earth is too perfect for it to have occured by chance. It looks like something that was planned and designed by someone (a creator).
It's not the evidence of God's existence that's the problem but DISOBEDIECE to a superior,supernatural intelligence is the motivational force behind atheism. Each of them wants to be independent yet they're clamoring for orderliness. cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by LordReed(m): 9:36am On Sep 25, 2018
SmartestG:

LoL! Logic and reason tells you to believe in things you have no evidence of?

LoL! The earth is perfect? Thats why natural disasters kill people? The earth is perfect thats why there's heavy famine in which people die of hunger? And what of disease? Is this what you call perfect?
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by LordReed(m): 9:39am On Sep 25, 2018
TATIME:
NO SIGN for you my friend, except the fact that Nineveh's inhabitants believed Jonah and agreed to make changes is enough evidence that surpasses all doubts. Matthew 12:39 God's Kingdom will surely come and cure all OBEDIENT mankind. Revelations 21:3,4 But as for all atheists (including disguised atheists claiming Christians today) no SIGN will be provided for you! This is what Jesus prophesied in the book of Revelations:All atheists will merge as one against true Christians after their hidden caves (false religions) have been destroyed,all of you will intend to wipe out FAITH,Satan has held you hostage for thousands of years in false religions but since true Christianity is exposing false religions Satan will change his strategy by openly declaring his true intentions which is DISOBEDIENCE to divine instruction. So all of you (including atheists now claiming Christians) will form alliance against FAITH. Then the end will come because Jehovah will speak in HIS rage and destroy all DISOBEDIENT mankind! Even if i quote it from the Bible you're not ready to read,meditate and reason on an ancient book's accuracy in foretelling present events.

LoL! Just use your god given supernatural powers to empty one hospital then we can talk. Abi is it not written he went about doing good healing the sick? Are you not supposed to do greater than your fairytale hero? LMFAO!
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 9:48am On Sep 25, 2018
LordReed:

LoL! The earth is perfect? Thats why natural disasters kill people? The earth is perfect thats why there's heavy famine in which people die of hunger? And what of disease? Is this what you call perfect?

You've missed my point. Let me give you an example... The probability that the earth would revolve round the sun as it is today if the universe occured by chance is negligible.
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 10:03am On Sep 25, 2018
LordReed:

The probability of so many other things to have appeared as they are today in a bid to support human existence, assuming they were left to a random act is negligible.

I think this is a good start since God is perceived as a creator in most religions, in opposition to science.
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by LordReed(m): 11:23am On Sep 25, 2018
SmartestG:

You've missed my point. Let me give you an example... The probability that the earth would revolve round the sun as it is today if the universe occured by chance is negligible.

With 100billion planets in the Milky-way Galaxy alone that is a poorly thought out position. Especially when you factor in the number of galaxies there are at least another 100billion galaxies. That is 10 to the power 18 chances for an earth like planet with our exact conditions arising.
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by LordReed(m): 11:31am On Sep 25, 2018
SmartestG:

The probability of so many other things to have appeared as they are today in a bid to support human existence, assuming they were left to a random act is negligible.

I think this is a good start since God is perceived as a creator in most religions, in opposition to science.

It is exactly because this world arose out of chance that the conditions are the way they are. If you say this world is designed then you will have to admit that the designer is a very poor one.

GOD remains an untested, unobserved phenomenon. Religions numbers do not alter facts. Most people used to believe the world is flat, it did not change the fact that the world is round.
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Sep 25, 2018
LordReed:

It is exactly because this world arose out of chance that the conditions are the way they are. If you say this world is designed then you will have to admit that the designer is a very poor one.

GOD remains an untested, unobserved phenomenon. Religions numbers do not alter facts. Most people used to believe the world is flat, it did not change the fact that the world is round.

My comments have nothing to do with whether we consider God to be a poor creator, neither are they trying to justify, or being justified by religious numbers. I am not speaking from a religious standpoint. Science teaches you about fact by observing and testing, and also credits creation to chance. It's how you've been taught to analyze things.

I am speaking from a platform free of science or religion. What about creation of man? Do you think the origin of the physiology of a living thing can be credited to chance too? The way the body of a human being functions... Considering the process of respiration, orderly movements, reproduction, etc

These things are too complex yet defined in an orderly manner. My sincere thoughts.
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by LordReed(m): 12:57pm On Sep 25, 2018
SmartestG:

My comments have nothing to do with whether we consider God to be a poor creator, neither are they trying to justify, or being justified by religious numbers. I am not speaking from a religious standpoint. Science teaches you about fact by observing and testing, and also credits creation to chance. It's how you've been taught to analyze things.

I am speaking from a platform free of science or religion. What about creation of man? Do you think the origin of the physiology of a living thing can be credited to chance too? The way the body of a human being functions... Considering the process of respiration, orderly movements, reproduction, etc

These things are too complex yet defined in an orderly manner. My sincere thoughts.

Yes I think the origin of our physiology is chance. Yes they are complex but we now understand that they were at some point very much more simpler. Why is the idea that more simple things became much more complex over billions of years an unreasonable one?
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 25, 2018
LordReed:

LoL! Just use your god given supernatural powers to empty one hospital then we can talk. Abi is it not written he went about doing good healing the sick? Are you not supposed to do greater than your fairytale hero? LMFAO!
Yes we're doing the greatest,but you got it all wrong my friend because the work Jesus said we're going to do more is preaching to far distant lands. Nobody can do one tenth of what Jesus did regardingw miraculous works,because whether you agree or not Jesus was God! John 1:1 wink wink wink
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by frank317: 3:25pm On Sep 25, 2018
TATIME:
Yes we're doing the greatest,but you got it all wrong my friend because the work Jesus said we're going to do more is preaching to far distant lands. Nobody can do one tenth of what Jesus did regardingw miraculous works,because whether you agree or not Jesus was God! John 1:1 wink wink wink

Whats the similarity between Jesus and Superman: both a just active on the pages of written book.

Of course Jesus is God, and God is the creator u worship and God was killed by humans so that God can save humans when they believe humans killed God.

1 Like

Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by LordReed(m): 3:36pm On Sep 25, 2018
TATIME:

ROTFLOL! Wow this is really interesting. So you mean you can't even do what Peter did were his shadow was healing people? Wow this your fairy tale just gets poorer and poorer.

1 Like

Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 25, 2018
LordReed:

ROTFLOL! Wow this is really interesting. So you mean you can't even do what Peter did were his shadow was healing people? Wow this your fairy tale just gets poorer and poorer.
You kept confusing yourself instead of humbly asking simple leading questions. cheesy cheesy cheesy Well that was Christianity as a Child, you can't expect a child to remain with the same trait forever there must be growth. 1Corinthians 13:8-13 When Christianity began, signs was appropriate for the Jews,Samaritans and gentiles to IDENTIFY the new way of worship since the temple has been condemned. John 4:48 Everyone believes and knew Jehovah(God of Israel) as the Almighty but to distinguish between the old system of worship and the newly approved group (Christians) God gave gifts as a sign of divine acceptance. But as soon as Christianity is established, NO MORE SIGN for unbelievers! wink wink wink
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by LordReed(m): 5:52pm On Sep 25, 2018
TATIME:
You kept confusing yourself instead of humbly asking simple leading questions. cheesy cheesy cheesy Well that was Christianity as a Child, you can't expect a child to remain with the same trait forever there must be growth. 1Corinthians 13:8-13 When Christianity began, signs was appropriate for the Jews,Samaritans and gentiles to IDENTIFY the new way of worship since the temple has been condemned. John 4:48 Everyone believes and knew Jehovah(God of Israel) as the Almighty but to distinguish between the old system of worship and the newly approved group (Christians) God gave gifts as a sign of divine acceptance. But as soon as Christianity is established, NO MORE SIGN for unbelievers! wink wink wink

ROFLOL! Oh my days! So this is how you explain your lack of supernatural power? Amazing. SMH

1 Like

Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Sep 25, 2018
frank317:

Whats the similarity between Jesus and Superman: both a just active on the pages of written book.

Of course Jesus is God, and God is the creator u worship and God was killed by humans so that God can save humans when they believe humans killed God.
Atheists will not stop amusing me with their attitudes, if you're not ready to obey WRITTEN documents it's OK but calm down to see clearly before arguing. wink wink wink I said Jesus WAS! WAS!! WAS!!! God. Not IS God because at that time He served the same purpose that Moses served during his lifetime. Exodus 7:1 So during their lifetime nobody could ever try what the performed as sign of divine acceptance up till today! Deuteronomy 34:10-12 compared to John 21:25 They both served as Gods during their lifetime but they both kept directing all the glory and honor to the one who made them Gods in human skin "Jehovah". Deuteronomy 6:4-9 compared to Mark 12:29,30 So my friend, Jesus served as God but never asked people to worship Him. John 20:17
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Sep 25, 2018
LordReed:

ROFLOL! Oh my days! So this is how you explain your lack of supernatural power? Amazing. SMH
Christians were asked to keep praying for God's Kingdom to come, why? Because they're not to continue solving problems rather it's God's Kingdom that's going to solve mankind's countless problems. The signs have served it's purpose, that's why we're Christians today so if you choose to disbelieve it's your problem not ours. wink wink cheesy
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by LordReed(m): 6:08pm On Sep 25, 2018
TATIME:
Christians were asked to keep praying for God's Kingdom to come, why? Because they're not to continue solving problems rather it's God's Kingdom that's going to solve mankind's countless problems. The signs have served it's purpose, that's why we're Christians today so if you choose to disbelieve it's your problem not ours. wink wink cheesy

Keep telling yourself those fairytales. LoL. Always an excuse as to why this almighty God can not show up. When will you ever be honest with yourself? LMFAO!

1 Like

Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 25, 2018
LordReed:

Keep telling yourself those fairytales. LoL. Always an excuse as to why this almighty God can not show up. When will you ever be honest with yourself? LMFAO!
It will ever remain fairytales to you because you don't want anything or anyone to tell you what to do,yet you're trying to control others in disguise. So i understood you perfectly, but as for faithfuls we're willing to be submissive to God because we know all your efforts to solve mankind's problems will end up in frustration. So we'll continue trusting the one we've heard of HIS deeds of ancient times not you who can't even do a single thing now nor have any idea of what's coming to happen later. That's why it pays even if you think we're dishonest, after all it's to you that we're dishonest not to ourselves. Sorry we can't put our trust in your effort wink wink wink
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Sep 25, 2018
LordReed:

Yes I think the origin of our physiology is chance. Yes they are complex but we now understand that they were at some point very much more simpler. Why is the idea that more simple things became much more complex over billions of years an unreasonable one?
It's not just about complexity alone. Chance and order cannot coexist. Let me give you a practical example..
From what you just said, it implies that chance caused the existence of a living thing, which formed into man as time passed. Chance also shockingly formed woman, and gave both man and woman external reproductive organs which are compatible (by chance). Chance didn't stop there, it also surprisingly made their internal reproductive systems compatible in such a way that the female produces eggs and the male produces sperm to fertilize the eggs, so that when the work together an offspring is formed. I doubt it works this way.
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by LordReed(m): 8:20pm On Sep 25, 2018
TATIME:
It will ever remain fairytales to you because you don't want anything or anyone to tell you what to do,yet you're trying to control others in disguise. So i understood you perfectly, but as for faithfuls we're willing to be submissive to God because we know all your efforts to solve mankind's problems will end up in frustration. So we'll continue trusting the one we've heard of HIS deeds of ancient times not you who can't even do a single thing now nor have any idea of what's coming to happen later. That's why it pays even if you think we're dishonest, after all it's to you that we're dishonest not to ourselves. Sorry we can't put our trust in your effort wink wink wink

LMFAO! I never claimed to be the herald of a superpowerful god. You are the one who says that so why should I do anything wonderful? It is you who have a superpowerful god who will not help the suffering, the sick, the mentally ill. Of what use is your superpowerful god if there is no help for the helpless?

Go and ask of Brekete Family, the brain child of a Muslim man who is helping people, Christians and Muslims alike even though he is an ordinary man meanwhile bleeps like you make noise upanddan about a supernatural god but can't even help your own brothers.

You make me laugh but I know your plight, it is hard to break the religious indoctrination.

1 Like

Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 25, 2018
LordReed:

It's not just about complexity alone. Chance and order cannot coexist. Let me give you a practical example..
From what you just said, it implies that chance caused the existence of a living thing, which formed into man as time passed. Chance also shockingly formed woman, and gave both man and woman external reproductive organs which are compatible (by chance). Chance didn't stop there, it also surprisingly made their internal reproductive systems compatible in such a way that the female produces eggs and the male produces sperm to fertilize the eggs, so that when the work together an offspring is formed. I doubt it works this way. There are so many other examples which when put together to form a whole(the universe and everything in it), just can't appear to have occured by chance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

16 Terrible Lies Of The Jehovah Witnesses (and Who Jws Are) / Your Soul Is Your Greatest Treasure, Don't Trade It For Anything In The World / Prayer Intercessors For Couples Trying To Conceive Babies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.