Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,978 members, 7,835,273 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? (15835 Views)

Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? / Can Atheists Explain Why… / "You Can't Prove God Is Real." Can You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by LordReed(m): 12:26pm On Sep 26, 2018
TATIME:
There are better things nature offers than what man has invented but it's just the fear of untamed individuals that's forcing someone like me to accept most things.

LoL you are really funny fellow. Who is forcing you to use the device you are using to communicate with me now? Someone has a gun to your head and is forcing you to type? LMFAO!
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Sep 26, 2018
LordReed:

LoL you are really funny fellow. Who is forcing you to use the device you are using to communicate with me now? Someone has a gun to your head and is forcing you to type? LMFAO!
This device came to be due to the laws of nature prearranged by the ONE you disagreed with HIS existence. When HE spoke with prophets directly, what device did you think he used? Sorry it's the same laws of nature that HE used that man now discovered,they're not responsible for the laws of nature. When the Bible says Elijah was taken to the sky, your folks back then will say "impossible" because it wasn't in their presence. But today you're witnessing aircraft yet you're still doubting ancient record of the same thing by the ONE who set all the laws of nature so that when it's time for discovery modern day inventors will serve as witnesses to the written document (unknowingly). The telephone,LCDs and many other invention of man is nothing compared to what God has set in the laws of nature.So i believe what the documents says that's why it's not new to me when man later discovers the laws that the Creator has set to make it all work! wink wink wink
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by LordReed(m): 1:26pm On Sep 26, 2018
TATIME:
This device came to be due to the laws of nature prearranged by the ONE you disagreed with HIS existence. When HE spoke with prophets directly, what device did you think he used? Sorry it's the same laws of nature that HE used that man now discovered,they're not responsible for the laws of nature. When the Bible says Elijah was taken to the sky, your folks back then will say "impossible" because it wasn't in their presence. But today you're witnessing aircraft yet you're still doubting ancient record of the same thing by the ONE who set all the laws of nature so that when it's time for discovery modern day inventors will serve as witnesses to the written document (unknowingly). The telephone,LCDs and many other invention of man is nothing compared to what God has set in the laws of nature.So i believe what the documents says that's why it's not new to me when man later discovers the laws that the Creator has set to make it all work! wink wink wink

LoL! This is rich. God made the laws but cannot communicate face to face at least let him do conference call from heaven with video na. Why must he interface via other humans? LMFAO! You have been sold an empty bag and you are standing there holding it with a big goofy smile thinking you are holding a bag of goodies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by frank317: 1:42pm On Sep 26, 2018
TATIME:
That's 100% true my friend,just that i reason differently due to thorough meditations on every single thing going on around me. smiley smiley smiley

I reason differently bro and better. I think for myself and do not depend on some written junks or any higher spiritual person to come help yet I achieve as much as u do. I do not waste my time praying and hoping the creator will make things better like me... It will be useless of me to do all that, pray, preach, fast, tithe only to achieve almost the same thing with someone who does not.
I even put my time in more productive things... U are wasting ur time bro, suffering and smiling.

1 Like

Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by frank317: 1:43pm On Sep 26, 2018
TATIME:
There are better things nature offers than what man has invented but it's just the fear of untamed individuals that's forcing someone like me to accept most things.

Things like what?
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by frank317: 1:44pm On Sep 26, 2018
LordReed:

LoL! This is rich. God made the laws but cannot communicate face to face at least let him do conference call from heaven with video na. Why must he interface via other humans? LMFAO! You have been sold an empty bag and you are standing there holding it with a big goofy smile thinking you are holding a bag of goodies.

The guy has been scammed, totally scammed
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Sep 26, 2018
LordReed:

Hmmmmmmmmmm HIS words as in the written document made claims that HE has used all of these before humans start discovering them. Well that's why i'm JOYFULLY, WHOLEHEARTEDLY holding onto the BAG because the GOODIES are just to heavy for me to carry ALONE, So boldly and confidently i'm going about sharing (preaching) and explaining (teaching) those whose hearts are PURE how to make use of the GOODIES for their PERSONAL benefits. Isaiah 54:17 Since it's STRICTLY for those who NEEDS it and of course those who have NOTHING to share will remain SILENT. Psalms 115:3-8 wink wink wink
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by LordReed(m): 3:14pm On Sep 26, 2018
TATIME:
Hmmmmmmmmmm HIS words as in the written document made claims that HE has used all of these before humans start discovering them. Well that's why i'm JOYFULLY, WHOLEHEARTEDLY holding onto the BAG because the GOODIES are just to heavy for me to carry ALONE, So boldly and confidently i'm going about sharing (preaching) and explaining (teaching) those whose hearts are PURE how to make use of the GOODIES for their PERSONAL benefits. Isaiah 54:17 Since it's STRICTLY for those who NEEDS it and of course those who have NOTHING to share will remain SILENT. Psalms 115:3-8 wink wink wink

LoL! You going about sharing empty bags. LMFAO!
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 26, 2018
frank317:

The guy has been scammed, totally scammed
The word SCAMMED connotes something of great value has been taken away leaving the owner EMPTY. Many were born,bread and brought up with no spiritually heritage so when what they thought they possessed is taken away,finally what they're left with is EMPTINESS. Amos 8:11-13 That's why many finds it difficult to explain what they never understand in the first place. Luke 6:43-45
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 26, 2018
LordReed:

LoL! You going about sharing empty bags. LMFAO!
EMPTY to those whose hearts are filled with EMPTINESS but FULLL to those whose hearts are hungry for there spiritual needs. Matthew 5:3
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by LordReed(m): 3:32pm On Sep 26, 2018
TATIME:
EMPTY to those whose hearts are filled with EMPTINESS but FULLL to those whose hearts are hungry for there spiritual needs. Matthew 5:3

Filled with empty promises. LMFAO!
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Sep 26, 2018
LordReed:

Filled with empty promises. LMFAO!
Yes empty to you so you must rely on the effort of your fellow man to make your home(earth) a better place,and at the same time you're not confident and intelligent enough to go and convince them on how to get things done yet you're agitating furiously within you because everything is going wrong. Of course those who have the heart and wisdom to speak out on behalf of the ONE and only person with the ability to bring about the needed changes are TRULY EMPTY. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by frank317: 4:32pm On Sep 26, 2018
TATIME:

Exactly why its a scam... Full if u chose to close ur eyes, empty if u chose to open them
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 26, 2018
frank317:

Exactly why its a scam... Full if u chose to close ur eyes, empty if u chose to open them
Nope i disagree with that.
Empty if you choose not to investigate thoroughly perhaps due to been hasty for some other reasons.
Full if you choose to investigate thoroughly as in asking thought provoking questions always. Most of you are dwelling on what misinformed religious churchgoers taught and spread. If you're having a form of document containing a will that you are part of the beneficiaries, of course you won't hastily conclude on what another prospective beneficiary says for fear he too might not be well informed. A single check of $5b could be written in your name,the novice asked to deliver the enveloped check threw it in an empty bag, if someone tell you that the man standing at the bus stop holding a seemingly EMPTY bag has a fortune to deliver to you. You could easily walk away because you can't see anything heavy in the bag! So my friend, Empty and Full is determined by how inquisitive you're. wink wink wink
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by LordReed(m): 5:25pm On Sep 26, 2018
TATIME:
Yes empty to you so you must rely on the effort of your fellow man to make your home(earth) a better place,and at the same time you're not confident and intelligent enough to go and convince them on how to get things done yet you're agitating furiously within you because everything is going wrong. Of course those who have the heart and wisdom to speak out on behalf of the ONE and only person with the ability to bring about the needed changes are TRULY EMPTY. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Yes I rely on the efforts of my fellow man, I am not a sociopath like you. You who is looking forward to the destruction of people because they don't believe in your fairytales. You are so ugly inside and you don't realise it.

3 Likes

Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by LordReed(m): 5:27pm On Sep 26, 2018
frank317:

They'll say you don't have faith. LoL. They say their god made the sun I wonder how many of them has ever had to exercise faith to make the sun rise in the morning. LMFAO!
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by sonmvayina(m): 7:35pm On Sep 26, 2018
Fabre2:
can u even listen to what you are saying u better repent before its 2 late

The truth hurts... Jesus was created as an insult against God almighty.. Just as Daniel prophesied in Dan7 :25
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by sonmvayina(m): 7:39pm On Sep 26, 2018
SmartestG:

No bro. Religion, and science has thought us different ways of thinking and you just quoted what science mainly teaches. It's important we put aside what science or religion says and apply reason/logic first.

The order of things in the universe as a whole, and on earth is too perfect for it to have occured by chance. It looks like something that was planned and designed by someone (a creator).

What or who is that "someone"
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 26, 2018
sonmvayina:

What or who is that "someone"
It was stated in my previous post. You can also read the others after that.
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Sep 26, 2018
LordReed:

Yes I rely on the efforts of my fellow man, I am not a sociopath like you. You who is looking forward to the destruction of people because they don't believe in your fairytales. You are so ugly inside and you don't realise it.
Hmmmmmmmmmm well you're right because my God said things can't go well in the presence of the ENEMIES of betterment therefore their extermination is inevitable. But it's like you have a better option so please enlighten me,how do you think your TRUSTED fellow man is going to bring about the needed betterment in the presence of ENEMIES of betterment. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 12:57am On Sep 27, 2018
LordReed:

Allowed is not indicative of a conscious effort. If I say a slope allowed a stationary ball to roll away it doesn't mean the slope made a conscious decision to move the ball. The conditions and processes created the right state to bring about the changes.

All these things are well explained without the need for a supernatural being driving any of the processes. It makes less sense to believe there is a God you can't see but is influencing the universe. That influence should be measurable if it exists.
I understand the explanation given by science.But with over a hundred other examples, it's just impossible to form a combination like this.
First of all, physical laws won't be consistent. In essence physical laws won't exist. Science just discovers already laid down laws.

Concerning measurable influence of God, have you ever thought that science has a very long way to? Lets see how it plays out over time. They might just end up proving the existence of God, and not the other round.
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by LordReed(m): 7:03am On Sep 27, 2018
TATIME:
Hmmmmmmmmmm well you're right because my God said things can't go well in the presence of the ENEMIES of betterment therefore their extermination is inevitable. But it's like you have a better option so please enlighten me,how do you think your TRUSTED fellow man is going to bring about the needed betterment in the presence of ENEMIES of betterment. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Men are working to end the scourge of disease, hunger and maybe some day death or at least aging. Meanwhile you sit there with your mouth open, waiting for some imagined destruction of your enemies, while you use devices that were made by the ingenuity of man, all the while denigrating your fellow man as not worthy of living. Are you for real? Are these really human thoughts in your head or are you a cold unfeeling robot?
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by LordReed(m): 7:11am On Sep 27, 2018
SmartestG:

I understand the explanation given by science.But with over a hundred other examples, it's just impossible to form a combination like this.
First of all, physical laws won't be consistent. In essence physical laws won't exist. Science just discovers already laid down laws.

Why do you keep contradicting yourself? You say you understand it but keep saying it is impossible. It is obvious you don't understand it or rather you reject it because it goes against your beliefs.

Concerning measurable influence of God, have you ever thought that science has a very long way to? Lets see how it plays out over time. They might just end up proving the existence of God, and not the other round.

This is a problem with concepts of God, there is always an attempt to move him beyond human reach and understanding while at the same time believing that his will has been revealed and understood. So which is it we can know God or we can't know God. It cannot be the 2 at the same time.
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 7:25am On Sep 27, 2018
LordReed:

Men are working to end the scourge of disease, hunger and maybe some day death or at least aging. Meanwhile you sit there with your mouth open, waiting for some imagined destruction of your enemies, while you use devices that were made by the ingenuity of man, all the while denigrating your fellow man as not worthy of living. Are you for real? Are these really human thoughts in your head or are you a cold unfeeling robot?
Thanks for the compliment,it's really a timely one at that but you're missing the import my questioning. There are believers in all those fields working tirelessly to help with all their might and you don't even know my profession so it's funny the way you're concluding that i'm contributing nothing to salvage the situation on ground. My question again is this: Man has continued to dominated his fellow man to stupor,injustice is rampant, crime of all sought, billions are dying of malnutrition,many are frustrated despite all that nature has got to make life sweet, there are gladiators for riches and power and the common man is humiliated everyday. All these inventories aren't doing nothing to all mentioned above, so there's urgent need for a relief. My God has promised me that i should continue to do all that's virtuous and as for those evildoers HE is coming to EXTERMINATE them all.But it seems you're opposed to the idea and have a better option than extermination of disobedient ones, that's what brought about the question "How will your TRUSTED fellow man solve these problems without exterminating those responsible for all these ruins?" wink wink wink
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by frank317: 7:38am On Sep 27, 2018
TATIME:
Nope i disagree with that.
Empty if you choose not to investigate thoroughly perhaps due to been hasty for some other reasons.
Full if you choose to investigate thoroughly as in asking thought provoking questions always. Most of you are dwelling on what misinformed religious churchgoers taught and spread. If you're having a form of document containing a will that you are part of the beneficiaries, of course you won't hastily conclude on what another prospective beneficiary says for fear he too might not be well informed. A single check of $5b could be written in your name,the novice asked to deliver the enveloped check threw it in an empty bag, if someone tell you that the man standing at the bus stop holding a seemingly EMPTY bag has a fortune to deliver to you. You could easily walk away because you can't see anything heavy in the bag! So my friend, Empty and Full is determined by how inquisitive you're. wink wink wink

U keep saying that most of us are relying on misinformed churchgoers. Shebi u are an informed churchgoer, I have been interacting with u yet u say I rely on misinformed churchgoers. Are u not an informed Churchgoer?
What thought provoking questions do u want us to ask. I actually became an atheist because not even one of my questions where answered with out opening a bag of questions.

Last time I asked u who cain married, u said, his sister. Claiming incest was right at then because there was no law prior to the fall of man. But when I asked if man fell before of after Cain married... U didn't respond. In have millions of thought provoking questions u cannot answer, despite claiming to be spiritual
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 8:01am On Sep 27, 2018
frank317:

U keep saying that most of us are relying on misinformed churchgoers. Shebi u are an informed churchgoer, I have been interacting with u yet u say I rely on misinformed churchgoers. Are u not an informed Churchgoer?
What thought provoking questions do u want us to ask. I actually became an atheist because not even one of my questions where answered with out opening a bag of questions.

Last time I asked u who cain married, u said, his sister. Claiming incest was right at then because there was no law prior to the fall of man. But when I asked if man fell before of after Cain married... U didn't respond. In have millions of thought provoking questions u cannot answer, despite claiming to be spiritual
There is a tin line between frustration and anger! If you're going to study in the University for higher degree, you'll need a lot of patience in order to gain knowledge from the lecturers and professors teaching you because you have a target :First Class degree in order to get a good job. But imagine a Zulu who lived all his life in the forest of Zimbabwe having nothing to do with degrees, of course all those buildings with chairs, books and the staffs in the University means nothing to him. How are you going to make him understand what's happening there? You've already concluded in your heart that there's nothing worthwhile in studying and applying Bible's principles,so the aggression is written all over you as you're repeating what you've heard NOT wanting to know what is the REAL message in the book. I answered all your questions but your aggression is the hindrance to getting the import of my answers. Man fell before having children so whatever they're doing after the rebellion serves as the repercussions,God intervened when they were making life unbearable for faithfuls to coexist in their midst and finally HE chose a nation to serve as examples since all of them have started WORSHIPPING demons (fallen angels) thinking they're worshipping God. That's when God Now gave HIS chosen nation divine laws to distinguish between those who knew HIM and those ignorantly worshipping demons! So the laws was to help them realize that they needed guidance as in RULE from true God.
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by frank317: 8:03am On Sep 27, 2018
TATIME:
Thanks for the compliment,it's really a timely one at that but you're missing the import my questioning. There are believers in all those fields working tirelessly to help with all their might and you don't even know my profession so it's funny the way you're concluding that i'm contributing nothing to salvage the situation on ground. My question again is this: Man has continued to dominated his fellow man to stupor,injustice is rampant, crime of all sought, billions are dying of malnutrition,many are frustrated despite all that nature has got to make life sweet, there are gladiators for riches and power and the common man is humiliated everyday. All these inventories aren't doing nothing to all mentioned above, so there's urgent need for a relief. My God has promised me that i should continue to do all that's virtuous and as for those evildoers HE is coming to EXTERMINATE them all.But it seems you're opposed to the idea and have a better option than extermination of disobedient ones, that's what brought about the question "How will your TRUSTED fellow man solve these problems without exterminating those responsible for all these ruins?" wink wink wink

Ur God created a messy world and the best he can do us exterminate people for doing the evil he created or allowed to happen.
U God created man and gave him self will, imputing in him all program man is responding to. Man could be good or bad, evil or anything giving the condition he finds himself and you and I know that as means of survival gets scarce, need to survive becomes a more of a desperate life style and some innate violent programming must surface when the pressure is much.

Instead of helping out as a God, loving one at that, his intention is to exterminate. What was he doing when the world he created became this corrupt? What's the guarantee that the new world will still not be corrupt since he failed in the first one?

U sound like a psycho but u have been so blinded by religion that u fail to see how unreasonable u sound... But then... What can I say?
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 8:20am On Sep 27, 2018
frank317:

Ur God created a messy world and the best he can do us exterminate people for doing the evil he created or allowed to happen.
U God created man and gave him self will, imputing in him all program man is responding to. Man could be good or bad, evil or anything giving the condition he finds himself and you and I know that as means of survival gets scarce, need to survive becomes a more of a desperate life style and some innate violent programming must surface when the pressure is much.

Instead of helping out as a God, loving one at that, his intention is to exterminate. What was he doing when the world he created became this corrupt? What's the guarantee that the new world will still not be corrupt since he failed in the first one?

U sound like a psycho but u have been so blinded by religion that u fail to see how unreasonable u sound... But then... What can I say?
Can you now see why i said there is a tin line between frustration and anger? That's my response to another person's inquiries and instead of you to ask leading questions to make me see reasons with you, you're turning the discussion into fits of rage. Well i have someone teaching me how to respond in such situations (Colossians 4:6) we're not to start exchanging hurtful words or insults so our response must prove that we truly have an unseen higher intelligent being as our teacher to buttress the proof that HE exists. 1Peter 3:15 compared to Matthew 5:39 We're the TRUE Christians and you must know that what we believe is REAL even if though you've chosen to disagree with US. wink wink wink
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 8:47am On Sep 27, 2018
#frank317&LordReed: My God said EXTERMINATION of rebellious creatures is inevitable if there's going to be a perfect system(Psalms 37:7-11,Proverbs 2:21,22,John 3:16-18,Revelations 11:18) But you guys are opposed to the idea, please tell me how your TRUSTED fellow man can bring about a relief without exterminating rebellious antagonists? Simple wink wink wink We're the TRUE Christians and the ONLY sign our God promised to give everyone both HIS worshippers and unbelievers is the highest power of reasoning as in wisdom beyond compare(Isaiah 54:17) so our righteousness as in knowing what's RIGHT will beat that of all critics. (Isaiah 48:18) If you know what's right please let's hear you out, not insult or anger due to inner feelings of defeat during an open debate. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by LordReed(m): 9:27am On Sep 27, 2018
TATIME:

Oh now you think man's effort is worth something, after you finished making mouth with your fake fairytales now you want to salvage the situation. What contribution are you making?

I have already mentioned how man is solving his own problems but because your mind is so steeped in superstitious nonsense you think solutions have to be magic. We already know things take time to work out, hopefully our rate of technological development will speed up the pace. Meanwhile you've told us not to count on your magic so we will do just that.
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by LordReed(m): 9:31am On Sep 27, 2018
TATIME:
#frank317&LordReed: My God said EXTERMINATION of rebellious creatures is inevitable if there's going to be a perfect system(Psalms 37:7-11,Proverbs 2:21,22,John 3:16-18,Revelations 11:18) But you guys are opposed to the idea, please tell me how your TRUSTED fellow man can bring about a relief without exterminating rebellious antagonists? Simple wink wink wink We're the TRUE Christians and the ONLY sign our God promised to give everyone both HIS worshippers and unbelievers is the highest power of reasoning as in wisdom beyond compare(Isaiah 54:17) so our righteousness as in knowing what's RIGHT will beat that of all critics. (Isaiah 48:18) If you know what's right please let's hear you out, not insult or anger due to inner feelings of defeat during an open debate. cheesy cheesy cheesy

What has your fake wisdom produced? What tangible products has your so called wisdom delivered?
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by LordReed(m): 9:37am On Sep 27, 2018
frank317:

What is even perplexing is he thinks he is being reasonable. Someone talking like a psychopath thinks he is saying something sensible? Gosh! SMH!

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

The Day That Heaven, Earth, And Hell Stood Still / Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome / 7 Things You Must Never Ever Forget As A Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.