Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,704 members, 7,813,329 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:53 AM

Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? (15559 Views)

Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? / Can Atheists Explain Why… / "You Can't Prove God Is Real." Can You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by LordReed(m): 9:45am On Sep 28, 2018
eventtinz:
Dear Atheist...Don't waste your time with religious apologetic, reason is the bedrock of arguments...and it has no place in belief .(However,continue to critique every societal ills and pseudo knowledge without caring who takes offense) Shukrah. tongue

Dear Theists ...Dont waste your time trying to prove your faith.It has no logically explanation,all it requires is belief.If evidence is required then it will cease to be faith...then its science.(keep in mind ,that the voice of God,is usually the desire of crooked men)Shalom. cry

When was the last time you exercised faith for the sun to rise?
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 10:36am On Sep 28, 2018
LordReed:

The sun is just one of the numerous caretakers that has never stopped doing their works so no tenant needs to exercise faith in a competent caretaker before he does his job.
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by eventtinz(m): 10:36am On Sep 28, 2018
The sun does not rise!

LordReed:

Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by eventtinz(m): 10:41am On Sep 28, 2018
With the recent euphoria circulating the internet about joystick theft,I must say it has become worrisome that most Nigerians(even the highly educated) believe that ritualism is responsible for this .Most people are not skeptical enough to ask for proof ,which can simply be observed by the eyes and pictured,they are often overwhelmed by mass hysteria.
To shed a few light on the issue,Joystick theft Panic/joystick Shrinkage or Genital Retraction Disorder is a culture bound syndrome(found in some cultures only) which is listed in The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. The syndrome occurs worldwide,and genital-shrinkage anxiety has a history in Africa, Asia, and Europe. In the United States and Europe, the syndrome is commonly known as genital retraction syndrome.The condition can be diagnosed through psychological assessment along with physical examination to rule out genuine disorders of the Instruments that could be causing true retraction.
So, if you happen to find yourself at a scene of a supposed joystick theft ,please save the accused person's life and save us all from misapprehension and be the single voice in the angry mob to ask for evidence. cheesy

Kindly share (same way you are quick to share superstitious believes)and comment .
This message was brought to you by a skeptical inquirer

(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by LordReed(m): 10:42am On Sep 28, 2018
TATIME:
The sun is just one of the numerous caretakers that has never stopped doing their works so no tenant needs to exercise faith in a competent caretaker before he does his job.

Hahahaha, the cognitive dissonance is very strong with you. LMFAO!
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by LordReed(m): 10:43am On Sep 28, 2018
eventtinz:
The sun does not rise?

I am asking you if you need to exercise faith for it to happen.
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by eventtinz(m): 10:48am On Sep 28, 2018
No.The same way faith will not be needed for the sun to die.

LordReed:

I am asking you if you need to exercise faith for it to happen.
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by eventtinz(m): 10:52am On Sep 28, 2018
With all sense of decency ...Cognitive dissonance is one of the idiosyncrasies of theism.

LordReed:

Hahahaha, the cognitive dissonance is very strong with you. LMFAO!
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by LordReed(m): 10:55am On Sep 28, 2018
eventtinz:
No.The same way faith will not be needed for the sun to die.

So why is faith needed for God? Is he not real?
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by eventtinz(m): 11:03am On Sep 28, 2018
The answer to the First question is in Hebrew 11:1.
The answer to the Second question -I Don't Know.I ma sure 'he' is real and takes different forms (mostly anthropomorphic )in the minds of people.
by the way i like your Socratic method.

LordReed:

So why is faith needed for God? Is he not real?
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by LordReed(m): 11:06am On Sep 28, 2018
eventtinz:
The answer to the First question is in Hebrew 11:1.
The answer to the Second question -I Don't Know.
by the way i like your Socratic method.

You cannot quote Bible as evidence, bible is a claim. You use evidence to support a claim.

Thank you?
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by eventtinz(m): 11:19am On Sep 28, 2018
"Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see".Heb 11:1---cited as good definition,Except you do not agree .I am atheist,if i quote any holy book its definitely not as evidence.

On your question if 'he' exist?. I will say i don't know but i am certain 'he' exist in the minds of lots of people in different forms ,mostly anthropomorphic.

LordReed:

You cannot quote Bible as evidence, bible is a claim. You use evidence to support a claim.

Thank you?
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by LordReed(m): 11:41am On Sep 28, 2018
eventtinz:
"Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see".Heb 11:1---cited as good definition,Except you do not agree .I am atheist,if i quote any holy book its definitely not as evidence.

I know that quote, the question is why do you need it if the thing is real? There are cell towers and other equipment sending the signals for our conversation. They are unseen, yet require no faith to have their effect.

On your question if 'he' exist?. I will say i don't know but i am certain 'he' exist in the minds of lots of people in different forms ,mostly anthropomorphic.

It's not a problem until they ask for concrete action, like denying people the basic right to live their lives with whatever sexual orientation they choose.
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by eventtinz(m): 12:21pm On Sep 28, 2018
The 'thing' is not real in this case...and nothing is transmitting anything.no signs,no wonders ,no miracles...even if these list exist,the cause is till unknown...and i cannot base my life on claims .

LordReed:

I know that quote, the question is why do you need it if the thing is real? There are cell towers and other equipment sending the signals for our conversation. They are unseen, yet require no faith to have their effect.

It's not a problem until they ask for concrete action, like denying people the basic right to live their lives with whatever sexual orientation they choose.

Its a problem that children are indoctrinated from an early age ...it is dangerous for the existence of humanity(that people who are good will do evil things to please their supposed god)It denies people of the right to think.its a big lie ,that is used to control the society .
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Sep 28, 2018
Glycolysis:

I did not ask you for all these you're typed above...
My question is these ;
Where is YOUR evidence that Jesus is a creation from the Romans ,as you had stated earlier on ?
I can give you logical proof to this but I will start by asking you a simple question.

Jesus was said to be a Jew, my name is Chinedu, in Igbo it means the Lord is with me, what does "Jesus" mean in Jew or Hebrew?
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 28, 2018
TATIME:
how about having faith that the sun will not rise like faith as small as a mustard seed can move mountain?
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Sep 28, 2018
nwabekeyi:
how about having faith that the sun will not rise like faith as small as a mustard seed can move mountain?
Having faith is not about making a spectacular display my friend, it's about the last resort when all other options failed. During the Nigerian civil war, Ojukwu gave his soldiers the order to exterminate all the JWs remaining in their custody. Why? Because the food they had is finishing and he won't like the little to be managed by his loyalists shared with these "pessimists". After many JWs have died the remaining were lined up for execution and the unexpected happened. The weapons won't work if aiming at the JWs but towards any other objects even big trees are destroyed but against the JWs the weapons won't just work. So the soldiers decided to starve them to death. Jehovah's Witnesses all around the globe heard it and we were made to understand that Jehovah intervened because HE doesn't want the preaching and teaching work that's already making progress in that region to end so that the organization will start all over again bringing missionaries. That's how miracles happen not just for a show. Matthew 4:5-7 wink wink wink
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 28, 2018
nwabekeyi:
During Nazi Germany Adolf Hitler vowed to exterminate all JWs in Germany so he arranged for what was called concentration camps and torturing my brothers and sisters to death. But JEHOVAH will not intervene since there are many witnesses in that country and those Hitler killed will surely be resurrected. Matthew 10:28 Hitler kept killing and killing but today the same concentration camp where Hitler was torturing and killing JWs is filled with activities of JWs and where is Hitler? gone forever!
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by LordReed(m): 1:32pm On Sep 28, 2018
TATIME:
During Nazi Germany Adolf Hitler vowed to exterminate all JWs in Germany so he arranged for what was called concentration camps and torturing my brothers and sisters to death. But JEHOVAH will not intervene since there are many witnesses in that country and those Hitler killed will surely be resurrected. Matthew 10:28 Hitler kept killing and killing but today the same concentration camp where Hitler was torturing and killing JWs is filled with activities of JWs and where is Hitler? gone forever!
TATIME:
Having faith is not about making a spectacular display my friend, it's about the last resort when all other options failed. During the Nigerian civil war, Ojukwu gave his soldiers the order to exterminate all the JWs remaining in their custody. Why? Because the food they had is finishing and he won't like the little to be managed by his loyalists shared with these "pessimists". After many JWs have died the remaining were lined up for execution and the unexpected happened. The weapons won't work if aiming at the JWs but towards any other objects even big trees are destroyed but against the JWs the weapons won't just work. So the soldiers decided to starve them to death. Jehovah's Witnesses all around the globe heard it and we were made to understand that Jehovah intervened because HE doesn't want the preaching and teaching work that's already making progress in that region to end so that the organization will start all over again bringing missionaries. That's how miracles happen not just for a show. Matthew 4:5-7 wink wink wink

Were JWs the only ones who died in these wars? So your god allows people to die then saves some and that is a miracle? LoLz
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Sep 28, 2018
TATIME:
ok, I have heard you, can you now have faith that the sun will not set this evening?
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 28, 2018
TATIME:
then plant an apple tree in your backyard, have faith that the sun will not whine anywhere else but your backyard and your Apple tree will produce numerous fruits, so you can be the only person selling Apple worldwide, this is faith for instant wealth.

Can you do that?
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by eventtinz(m): 1:44pm On Sep 28, 2018
That you actually believe this story says a lot about you...what a waste of mind. cry

TATIME:
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by eventtinz(m): 1:47pm On Sep 28, 2018
Jews or Jehover witnesses ...suspend the natural order and win . cheesy

nwabekeyi:
ok, I have heard you, can you now have faith that the sun will not set this evening?
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Sep 28, 2018
eventtinz:
That you actually believe this story says a lot about you...what a waste of mind. cry

they want to believe what they want, even if it doesn't conform to reality, as long as it's explains there personal beliefs, they are OK.

It's a disorder that resulted from severe indoctrination by parents and religious leader.

A life of denial is when one uses a scientific device that he or she doesn't know how it works to refute scientific claims. If anyone wants to refute any scientific claim then that person should write his or her messages on a leave and give it to pigeon to send to me.
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by frank317: 2:07pm On Sep 28, 2018
TATIME:

Funny story... Never heard this. Is this what they preach in ur church to make u feel special.

Why will Ojukwu order that they should kill JWs? Why them specifically... Where they eating more food than others? Where from other tribe? This story is funny.

And so God allows them to kill some and save some... Maybe they killed the useless ones, lol... What kind of miracle is this... Even if u tell my dog this story he will ask u for a brain check.
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by eventtinz(m): 2:33pm On Sep 28, 2018
The ridiculousness of these stories grows lamer by the second .
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Sep 28, 2018
Thanks for all the compliments! The story is just to tell you all that Jehovah is not to be tested for spectacular display, HE does things for reasons so if your former religions taught you that HE must always perform miracles on your behalf for you to remain faithful then go and arrest them. Asking Him to repeat what HE has done in the past for the coming generations to know or believe in HIM is pointless because even if HE does your generation will go and the next generation will still come and demand that HE does it again (even if you write it down and sign to testify to it) The book said Naaman the leper from Syria was cleansed whereas there were many lepers in Israel during the days of Elisha, when HIS only begotten son reminded FAITHLESS Jews about this unfavorable event they wanted to kill Him,but that's the truth in black and white.Luke 4:27-30 God has a reason for rearranging the laws of nature so don't expect HIM to do it just because you are not convinced HE exists. According to the Book if it's just eight as in 8 that's faithful to HIM,don't bother they can fill the earth again. wink wink wink
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by frank317: 4:37pm On Sep 28, 2018
TATIME:
Thanks for all the compliments! The story is just to tell you all that Jehovah is not to be tested for spectacular display, HE does things for reasons so if your former religions taught you that HE must always perform miracles on your behalf for you to remain faithful then go and arrest them. Asking Him to repeat what HE has done in the past for the coming generations to know or believe in HIM is pointless because even if HE does your generation will go and the next generation will still come and demand that HE does it again (even if you write it down and sign to testify to it) The book said Naaman the leper from Syria was cleansed whereas there were many lepers in Israel during the days of Elisha, when HIS only begotten son reminded FAITHLESS Jews about this unfavorable event they wanted to kill Him,but that's the truth in black and white.Luke 4:27-30 God has a reason for rearranging the laws of nature so don't expect HIM to do it just because you are not convinced HE exists. According to the Book if it's just eight as in 8 that's faithful to HIM,don't bother they can fill the earth again. wink wink wink

The story about Ojukwu ordering killing JWs is a big fat lie.
Jehova does things for a reason and the reasons keep getting dumber and dumber.. Wonder why more than 1/3 of his creations either do not believe he exists, or are confused about him and deliberately disobey him despite his might and authority.
Keep on making him sound clueless... A God that does not know how to show his creation that he is their creator without them doubting or getting confused, is that one God?

Even the sun does not need to do much for everyone to know its there.
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by LordReed(m): 4:51pm On Sep 28, 2018
TATIME:

So God gets tired of doing stuff or with interacting with successive generations of humans, for a superpowerful being that's pretty lazy. LMFAO!
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by LordReed(m): 4:58pm On Sep 28, 2018
frank317:

The story about Ojukwu ordering killing JWs is a big fat lie.
Jehova does things for a reason and the reasons keep getting dumber and dumber.. Wonder why more than 1/3 of his creations either do not believe he exists, or are confused about him and deliberately disobey him despite his might and authority.
Keep on making him sound clueless... A God that does not know how to show his creation that he is their creator without them doubting or getting confused, is that one God?

Even the sun does not need to do much for everyone to know its there.

They like conflating chance actions with actions of a God. So God sat back and watched Hitler murder 6million people and did nothing till the allies entered Berlin and still Hitler had to suicide (allegedly). SMH. I think higher brain functions were suspended for him to be able to write that rubbish down.
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by frank317: 5:06pm On Sep 28, 2018
LordReed:

They like conflating chance actions with actions of a God. So God sat back and watched Hitler murder 6million people and did nothing till the allies entered Berlin and still Hitler had to suicide (allegedly). SMH. I think higher brain functions were suspended for him to be able to write that rubbish down.

The bad news is that the guy thinks he is intelligent.. Nigeria don suffer
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 28, 2018
LordReed:

Yes! Just the same way "higher brain functions were suspended for" Moses when he pen down the account of Exodus. Jehovah allowed many children to be killed but Moses escaped "coincidentally" or "it all a fat lie". cheesy cheesy cheesy The same way "higher brain functions were suspended for" Matthew as he recorded the event when countless babies were killed by Herod the great but Jesus was sneaked away "coincidentally" or "it's all a fat lie". Well FAITH according to one inspired Bible writer "is not a possession of all people" 2Thessalonians 3:2 So you're enjoying yourselves as the "fallacies" keep amusing your souls but those having FAITH are jealous of you because you're FREE without FAITH, sounds pretty good and reasonable. wink wink wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Using Casket For Burial In Islam / Prophet Fufeyin To Mathias Ezeaku: I Have Forgiven You (Video) / The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.