Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,513 members, 7,816,245 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

The contract - Literature (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The contract (136880 Views)

Writers Needed For Long Term Contract / The Contract By Melanie Moreland / NADIA AND ETHAN (marriage Contract Gone Wrong) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The contract by rachealfst(f): 6:12pm On Sep 08, 2018
I'm enjoying every bit of this story. Well done marvel15 More inspiration in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: The contract by marvel15(m): 6:22pm On Sep 08, 2018
Thanks racheall...

1 Like

Re: The contract by germaphobe(m): 6:53pm On Sep 08, 2018
Something is telling me that sandra's gonna get pregnant, and everything is gonna get more complicated
Re: The contract by marvel15(m): 7:04pm On Sep 08, 2018
RICHARD
there was heavy traffic,he was getting very impatient as there was no sign it was going to clear anytime soon.he needed to meet his dad and get back to the office as there was a lot of work.he took a way which was against the law.as he was driving and passing cars held up in the nasty traffic,he was relieved and hoped he wont get busted by the FRSC.his phone was ringing again and he needed to stay focused on the road he stretched his other hand to reach the phone where it was on the drivers seat,it was catherine that was calling.he lost his grip on the steering wheel,he managed to pick his phone but it was too late as a truck was facing him,fear gripped him immediately as he didnt know what to do,he quickly swerved the car to the lane and ran into a nepa pole,but the side of the car was not safe as the trailer hit the car with force and it made the car sommersalt.when the car finally stopped,people there just looked while some called the ambulance.after some minutes the ambulance came,brought him out,they checked him and saw he was critically wounded and miraculously he was still alive.they carried into the ambulance and took him away...

she was sitting in the sitting watching the news at 10am.she was waiting for her mother who called earlier that she was coming over so that they can go together to the hospital.she sat down on the tiles with a plate of chicken.then a breaking news came on.

"there has been a ghastly motor accident along apata side this morning reports said that the man took one way and was hit by a truck and left the car in a total wreck and the man in a critical condition"she watched as they showed the pictures of the wreck and she felt sorry.she looked at the car very well it resembled the car of richard.they didnt show the picture of the man.she switched the channel as she was feeling itchy about hearing bad news early in the morning.just then her phone began to ring.it was an unknown number,she was reluctant to pick it,but she decided to pick it and she heard the voice of a man.

"hello please who am i speaking with"

"please are you mrs williams?"

"yes.why do you ask?"

"please do you mr richard williams?"

"yes.he is my husband.why do you ask?"

"am sorry to say this but your husband just got into an accident this morning.and he is in a very critical condition"

"what do you mean?am sure you got the wrong person."

"am sorry madam i wish that was the case but its not,we found in his possession his i.d card.is your number 07010854495"

"thats my number"

"please madam.we need you to come to holy cross hospital at apata right now as we need a person related to him to sign some documents.its imperative you start coming now.the earlier the better"he hanged up and the phone droped to the ground as hot tears fell from her eyes.after regaining composure.she dialed her moms number,she picked it at the first ring

"hello my princess,am almost at your house,just give me a few minutes i will be with you"

"mom..what am going to do?"she noticed her voice was shaking.

"catherine whats wrong?"

"mom.i just got a call that richard got into an accident and he is in a critical condition"

"what!..catherine calm down..i will be with you in a short while.she hanged up and drove at an high speed ,she got to the gate and pressed the horn,the gateman opened the gate and she drove in,she immediately came down without switching off the engine,and ran into the houe,she met her sitting on the floor crying.she bent down and consoled her and she narrated everything and they both drove to the hospital..TBC

5 Likes

Re: The contract by bunkerD(m): 7:16pm On Sep 08, 2018
Haas gbege sadHaas gbege
Re: The contract by pacifust058(m): 8:35pm On Sep 08, 2018
Hmmmmmmm
Re: The contract by Enny2013(f): 9:28pm On Sep 08, 2018
rachealfst:
I'm enjoying every bit of this story. Well done marvel15 More inspiration in Jesus name.

look who we hv here..Rachealfst (TYPraise).pls, how do I finish dese ur stories... ANIKE n WRONG NUMBER

I must finish dem o!!!
Re: The contract by marychommy(f): 9:36pm On Sep 08, 2018
pls let him no lose his memory oooooo am begging u but let dis bring dem more closer Dan ever

1 Like

Re: The contract by marvel15(m): 9:47pm On Sep 08, 2018
they got down from the car and rushed inside the hospital,they had called mr anthony on their way and he promised he would be right there,once inside they met a nurse at the counter and greeted

"please nurse a man was brought in.he was involved in an accident"

"what is his name?"

"richard williams"she punched some keys on the computer

"please how are you related to him

"am his wife"

"he is currently in the surgery room now,you will have to wait for the doctor to finish"she pointed to some set of iron chairs for visitors,she didnt feel like sitting as she was confused but her mother convinced her because of her condition,as she sat there she prayed in her heart that he will be okay.after about an hour of waiting she was very impatient as she kept asking the nurse when he was due to come out.just then the doctor came and spoke to the nurse

"has the family of that man arrived?"

"yes sir.they are over there"she pointed at where they were sitting and the doctor approached them

"please who amongst you is a relative of mr richard"catherine answered

"am his wife and this is my mum."

"please can you follow me to my office?"she quickly stood up and followed him while her mother followed behind.they got to his office and he ushered them in.

"doctor how is he?"

"he is okay.and most importantly the surgery went well,but we will have to observe him and see how it turns out.and he is still in coma and i cant say when he will wake up"

"how critical is his condition?"

"very critical,he has a broken leg,a broken skull and some injuries,so we will have to wait and see"she sighed heavily as everything sank.

"doctor can we see him?"

"of course.he has already been moved to were he is obeserved,you can get the room he is in from the nurse and make sure you settle the bills..

"alright..please when do you think he will wake up"

"well some victims of accidents who go into coma,some will wake up while some wont wake up."

"so how long will it take?"

"i dont know,cases like this some take as long as six months,some 1year some will never wake up"the doctor brought out a paper and told her to append her signature which she managed to do.she returned the paper after she had signed

"thank you doctor"they stood and went out..when they got to the room he was in she bursted into tears on seeing him as most of his body was bandaged and he was on a life supporting machine.even her mother who was supposed to be the one consoling couldnt hold the tears back.she took a chair and sat beside him.she took his hand and kissed it.she had a lot to tell him but she couldnt,she began to regret not telling him about how she really felt,but the truth of the matter was that she loved him even though their marriage was a contract.mr anthony came in and saw her beside him.he made sure he met the doctor and got the details from him.there words was very hard to say,but he made sure he consoled her.he felt her pain...TBC

"

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The contract by pacifust058(m): 9:53pm On Sep 08, 2018
Hmmm
Re: The contract by Ayo5991(m): 9:54pm On Sep 08, 2018
Oh God save him and keep cat and her baby too.Weldon sir More grace to finish it.

1 Like

Re: The contract by Dholyboy(m): 10:02pm On Sep 08, 2018
Nice one marvel.. I'm back from sabbatical.

Please if you have not voted for marvel15, do so now before I will fish you out and delete you from this thread..

You can't be enjoying sweet story without voting.. Mba ooo

1 Like

Re: The contract by marvel15(m): 10:12pm On Sep 08, 2018
welcome back @dholyboy hope the vehicle did not consume too much fuel

1 Like

Re: The contract by jattopeter(m): 10:40pm On Sep 08, 2018
In addition, please introduce your friends to this story, who has an account with Nairaland and also tell them the process of voting. pls tell a friend to tell a friend. its must Marvel15 wins. One good turn deserve another, he has done his best is now left for us to reciprocate his kind gesture, through voting for him.

1 Like

Re: The contract by Hustlersdiary: 10:48pm On Sep 08, 2018
marvel15:
one bigy apple for you @hustlersdiary..thanks bro

Oya send am via DHL ASAP.

1 Like

Re: The contract by marvel15(m): 7:14am On Sep 09, 2018
good morning and happy sunday to you all..
Re: The contract by sammyendowed(m): 7:26am On Sep 09, 2018
marvel15:
guyz thank you for voting for me
kim1227
sammyendowed
eagle1990
nogodye
muhammed50..thank you.just keep on voting for those of you who havent voted yet..

you deserve it brother, you such an amazing writer. kudos brother

1 Like

Re: The contract by marvel15(m): 7:27am On Sep 09, 2018
and those of you who have not voted please kindly vote..it is highly appreciated
Re: The contract by marvel15(m): 1:11pm On Sep 09, 2018
Gazdat
yawngdee
chigoizie7
calebfem
joduseq
thanks for voting..keep it coming for those who havent voted yet there is still chance
Re: The contract by marvel15(m): 1:11pm On Sep 09, 2018
Gazdat
yawngdee
chigoizie7
calebfem
joduseq
thanks for voting..keep it coming for those who havent voted yet there is still chance just go to the thread for this and vote
Re: The contract by chisiudeh: 4:30pm On Sep 09, 2018
Where is the link to the rope for voting??
marvel15:
Gazdat
yawngdee
chigoizie7
calebfem
joduseq
thanks for voting..keep it coming for those who havent voted yet there is still chance just go to the thread for this and vote
Re: The contract by marvel15(m): 5:35pm On Sep 09, 2018
can someone help post the link to vote..am kind of struggling with it...
Re: The contract by marvel15(m): 5:41pm On Sep 09, 2018
the thread is nomination for the september 5k award at the front page
Re: The contract by DannyJ19(m): 6:13pm On Sep 09, 2018
good story
Re: The contract by YOUNGJOHN05: 6:14pm On Sep 09, 2018
Re: The contract by marvel15(m): 6:35pm On Sep 09, 2018
thank you YOUNGJOHN...this is the link to vote for me for those who have not voted....dont just read make sure you participate..
Re: The contract by marvel15(m): 8:57pm On Sep 09, 2018
CATHERINE
she had been sitting by his side all day crying,her mother did all she could to make her go home and relax but she couldnt bear to stand up.it was ironic staying with a person she pretended to loathe,but now she was regretting not allowing him into his heart,she just hoped he will survive this one and she will have the chance to do what she always wanted to do.a nurse came in check his vitals and other things.she looked at her with pity and left.minutes later the doctor came in

"mrs williams i was told you refused to go home,why?"she looked up at the doctor her eyes were swollen from crying too much

"doctor how can you not understand how i feel.this is the father of my unborn child.if i dont stay with him who will"

"i understand you,but you need to think of your baby first.you need to be in good condition for the baby to survive you know that"he was actually right,the life of the baby depends on hers if she is not healthy then the baby is not safe either.

"alright doctor"

"i found this phone in his possession when he was brought in"he handed her his phone.

"thank you doctor"

"and dont forget to register for pre-natal care,am sure you know its very important"

"of course,i will do that"she looked at richard and kissed him,before taking her handbag and left..when she got to her car his phone was ringing,it was an unknown number,she picked it

"hello my son,where are you?.i have been calling your number since but you werent picking,the person that knows about your mothers whereabouts is waiting for you"this must his father

"hello sir."there was a pause at the other end as he wondered why a female was picking his call

"please who is this?"

"am richards wife"

"ohh..he didnt tell me he was married.please kindly give the phone to him,i want to speak with him"

"am sorry sir,he wont be able to talk to you sir"

"why?"

"he was involved in an accident today and he is presently in coma"

"jesus christ of nazareth..which hospital is he in?"

"holy cross hospital in apata"

"alright.i will be there tomorrow"he hanged up,this must be the reason he had an accident he must have learnt his mother was still alive.she entered the car and drove off..
When she got home that night she was very tired as she had spent most of the day in the hospital,she got into the shower and bath herself,she was about to go to bed when his phone began to ring,it was sandra.what does she want again?she was angry.

"hello"she answered in a harsh tone,at the other end she wondered why she was the one picking his calls

"please give the phone to richard i want to speak with him"

"he is not available at the moment whatever you want to tell him,tell me directly"

"this is invasion of smeones privacy"

"what do you invasion of privacy,is it wrong for a wife to pick her husband phone?"

"the last i heard you guyz has a contract,so your union is fake."she laughed in a sarcastic manner and it made her jeaulous

"richard is my husband whether you like it or not,and now am even carrying his baby"

"you must be joking"

"really?we shall see.you can ask richard yourself"she hissed and hanged up immediately.after making sure all electrical appliances was switched off she went to sleep.

the next day when she woke up she was tired and she woke up with a niggling headache,her mother had come early to help her with her needs and she understood she needed someone to talk to.

"my daughter,am suggesting you should come and stay with us pending the time your husband gets well,am not comfortable with you staying aone in that big house"

"alright mom."

"do you want to move today or tomorrow?"

"i think today would be okay and we should visit richard in the hospital"

"of course we would go after we have finished packing your things.so have you eaten"

"i have not"

"why?"

"i dont feel like eating,have lost my appetite"

"you dont know what you are saying..let me make one thing clear to you in this condition that you are in you need to eat because of your baby i understand that you are grieved because of what happened to your husband but what you should be thinking about is your baby.just tell me what you want to eat and i will go and prepare it for you"

"mom i dont want to stress you"

"am not stressing myself am happy to do it.so i insist"

"alright.i think i would eat chicken"

"is chicken the only thing in your mind,you should eat something else.what about eating beans its protenious"

"alright."she went into the kitcken to prepare her food.while she sat to watch the t.v.she later came back

"catherine go into your room and pack some of your clothes and some other things you will need"

"alright mom"she stood up immediately and went inside the bedroom...TBC

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The contract by marvel15(m): 9:11pm On Sep 09, 2018
thanks for voting for me @queentener..winks
Re: The contract by Damtola(f): 10:41pm On Sep 09, 2018
Interesting
Re: The contract by Dholyboy(m): 10:46pm On Sep 09, 2018
marvel15:
welcome back @dholyboy hope the vehicle did not consume too much fuel

No buddy!! The ride was smoking smooth.

1 Like

Re: The contract by Dholyboy(m): 10:55pm On Sep 09, 2018
Thanks for the update...

1 Like

Re: The contract by marvel15(m): 10:59pm On Sep 09, 2018
@rockhilz..thanks for voting for me..just keep it coming

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (27) (Reply)

Unrequited / I See Things Others Do Not See... / In Memory Only (Romance)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.