Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,895 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

The contract - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The contract (136903 Views)

Writers Needed For Long Term Contract / The Contract By Melanie Moreland / NADIA AND ETHAN (marriage Contract Gone Wrong) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The contract by pacifust058(m): 2:46pm On Aug 28, 2018
Updddaaattteee oooo, and thanks for this one

1 Like

Re: The contract by jattopeter(m): 8:17pm On Aug 28, 2018
pls drop more. Thanks.
Re: The contract by Dholyboy(m): 8:23pm On Aug 28, 2018
Marvel thanks for the update..

I pray Sandra will not get pregnant from all this banging!

I envisage Cathy and Richard elongating the contract to permanency tongue
Re: The contract by jattopeter(m): 9:52pm On Aug 28, 2018
Eagle1990:
The piece is interesting but try and be consistent..... The dragging is too much already, many must have lost interest
That's what I was telling him d other time. When there is coolval to read stories. Just because I have started and am a bit .... Though he try but u can do better.

1 Like

Re: The contract by Mamodupatrick(m): 10:00pm On Aug 28, 2018
nice work
Re: The contract by hemlock0(m): 11:42pm On Aug 28, 2018
Sorry for this my phone went beserk
Re: The contract by marvel15(m): 12:20am On Aug 29, 2018
CATHERINE
she sat down in her office as she was working on her computer puting the finishing touches to her presentation.soon the investors would be around and she needed to be prepared.the landline started to ring and she picked it.it was her new secretary whom she just hired some days ago
"hello ma.someone named mr fred is here to see you"she wondered what he was doing here.she could remember telling him he was going to be busy all through the day,the last thing she needed was someone disturbing her with useless talk
"alright let him in"he the receiver,some seconds later a knock sounded on the door
"please come in"the door slowly opened and fred came in
"hey fred whatsup?
"am good babe.am really sorry to disturb you.i know you are very busy but i just wanted to say hello to you,am on my to visit one of my friends so i just decided to branch at your office and say hi."
"thats thoughful of you.thanks you so much for that.please have your seat"she watched as he sat down then a call came in she picked it and listened to the caller after droping the call she stood up
"am sorry fred i need to go.i just received a call that the foregn investors are here i hope you understand"she said this as she packed the files containing the necessary materials
"of course.i understand i remember you mentioned something like that yesterday"
"thank you "after she finished packing she quickly huried out while fred followed behind,she locked the door to her office and headed to the meeting room::****
mr anthony just received a call that the meeting with the incestors was a success,he smiled as he was very proud of her daughter who was doing a great job at the helm of affairs of the company,he was relieved that even if he died he would not be worried about the future of his company.he looked at his wristwatch it was almost time to go for fellowship,which was now part of him since his death was near.he did a short prayer and after doing that he changed his clothes and headed outside.:...*****

6 Likes

Re: The contract by laraemi(f): 3:10am On Aug 29, 2018
Well done, you are lifted

1 Like

Re: The contract by seuncyber(m): 7:17am On Aug 29, 2018
Nice one

More update

And more ink to your pen

1 Like

Re: The contract by pweetymhi(f): 7:21am On Aug 29, 2018
Wat does Fred want now?? Nice update.. It getting more delicious

1 Like

Re: The contract by marvel15(m): 7:44am On Aug 29, 2018
CHAPTER TEN
she drove into the compound and parked her car,she noticed richard was already home.she went inside after carrying her handbang from inside the car.immediately she entered she could feel the aroma of something coming from the kitchen as she saw different kinds of wine on the table she wondered what was going on.as she about stepping into the kitchen richard came out,they almost bumped into each other.
"richard whats going on?"
"well i thought we should after the meeting with the foreigners,i was really proud of you,so all you need to do is just relax the food is almost ready and then we make a toast"
"oh..thats so sweet of you but you shouldnt have bothered"
"its been a long day so you need all the rest you can get,so its not a bother its something am happy to do,so just do as i have said"
"alright"she nodded and placed her handbag beside her,sitting down,on the table she saw roasted chicken,just what she needed,she quickly took the cutleries,without wasting time she began to slice and eat.the taste of the chicken was great.after some minutes he came back,opened the wine and poured some into two glasses,the both stood up to make a toast.
"for the success of the meeting and for a greater future for the company.cheers"they raised their glasses up,and one could hear their glasses colliding.both took a sip from the glass.
"the food is served,do you want to eat now?"
"of course"she finished the content in the glass and headed to the dining table,richard took a plate and served her with jollof rice and fried rice which was hot and a whole roasted chicken beside.she swallowed her saliva as she couldnt wait to start eating,he also poured her a glass full of juice richard also served himself and sat down.they both said a short prayer and began to eat.after eating about halfway they heard the horn of car at the gate catherine and richard looked at each other and wondered who it was,he stood and looked through the window,he could recognise mr anthony car.he went back to the table.
"its your dad"
"my dad!what is he doing here by this time of the day"she checked her wristwatch it was almost 8pm.perhaps he was coming from somewhere.she stopped eating and covered it as they both went to meet him.he was coming down from his jeep when she came outsdie
"dad! What are you doing here?.its late already
"i just came to congratulate you on the success of the meeting,when i heard the report from my P.A i felt very proud of you.so i said i must say hello to you once i finish service from church"
"i understand your point,but you could have called instead of going through all the trouble of coming here"
"still i wanted to see you myself.he looked at richard who was smiling as he prostrated.
"my son how are you?"
"am fine sir.you came at the right time sir we were already eating when you came in,so lets go inside and you join us for dinner"he looked hesitant
"my wife is going to scold me,am sure she would have prepared dinner for me.and she hates it when she prepares dinner and i dont eat it
"i understand dad but you should at least eat something,just a small quantity will do
"alright"they all went inside as the driver stayed in the car.once at the dining table he served him and poured him juice also.catherine couldnt help but admire her father as she watched.
"dad,how is your health?"
"i feel great these days the fellowship am attending is helping enormously as they very loving and understanding people.i fell like i can run a marathon race."she grinned at the word marathon my foot.totally impossible his sense of humor is still intact.richard bursted out laughing as he couldnt hold it in
"thats really good to hear.and make sure you relax very well and take your drugs"
"of course your mother see to it that i always eat and take my drugs".he finished eating and stood up.i think i should be on my way.
"alright dad"they both accompanied him to his car and waved him goodbye as his car drove out of the compound::::TBC

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The contract by marvel15(m): 7:45am On Aug 29, 2018
good morning everyone
Re: The contract by pacifust058(m): 8:57am On Aug 29, 2018
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: The contract by OLAFIMIX(f): 9:22am On Aug 29, 2018
Good morning...... We don't mind more updates
Re: The contract by jattopeter(m): 9:53am On Aug 29, 2018
I no go eat if you dont drop more updates. Regards.

1 Like

Re: The contract by OLAFIMIX(f): 9:54am On Aug 29, 2018
jattopeter:
I no go eat if you dont drop more updates. Regards.
seconded
Re: The contract by Ann2012(f): 10:02am On Aug 29, 2018
Thanks for the update
Re: The contract by skubido(m): 10:03am On Aug 29, 2018
marvel15:
good morning everyone

s2u man, how ya night.

tanks a lot for the update
Re: The contract by izaray(f): 10:12am On Aug 29, 2018
OLAFIMIX:
seconded
The breakfast was wow.. cheesy

How about you prepare us with a very hot lunch full of sauce this afternoon Marvel15 shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: The contract by marvel15(m): 12:54pm On Aug 29, 2018
just give me some minutes i will give you lunch

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The contract by YOUNGJOHN05: 12:58pm On Aug 29, 2018
Na hungry man size we want ooo
Re: The contract by Dholyboy(m): 1:19pm On Aug 29, 2018
I love the introduction of the new character "Fred".

Now the story is gonna twist. But that Richard self.. He's just standing astride..

Marvel more please
Re: The contract by jattopeter(m): 4:14pm On Aug 29, 2018
Me no like that small small u dy post oh . I need hungry man size.
Re: The contract by jattopeter(m): 4:15pm On Aug 29, 2018
Hope this some minutes wont turn to hours , days?
marvel15:
just give me some minutes i will give you lunch
Re: The contract by marvel15(m): 6:09pm On Aug 29, 2018
RICHARD
he parked his car in front of the supermarket to buy some clothes.he pushed the door opened and entered he was welcomed warmly by a man standing by the door,he took a trolley and rolled it to the section where they sell shoes and clothes.he had picked some designers half way when he felt a gentle tap he turned back to see who it was,he blinked at the young lady in front of him which he didnt know.she removed her speck but still he dint recognize her,but she was familiar
"good afternoon sir.do you remember my face?"
"am sorry maam.i dont remember your face"
"arent you the one that helped a young lady early in the morning when she was attacked and in the pool of her own blood "
"yes."her face was now becoming clearer to him.he wondered how the lady could recognize him since she was unconscious when she took her to the hospital"how do you recognize my face"
"when i woke up i was told a man brought me here and paid for everything and they didnt know the man so they show me your picture which according to them fell off from your pocket as you were in a hurry to get back.the doctor kept and he later gave it to me."she opened her bag and brought out the picture and showed it to him.he had been seraching for this picture for quite a while now
"i have been looking for this pictures for some time now"
"the doctor said it fell from your pocket,he tried calling you to tell you but you were in a hurry"
"yes,that day i brought you to the hospital was my wedding day so i had to go so that they wont think i ran away"
"your wedding day!.she shook her head in amazement as she found it hard to believe."anyways i want to thank you so much for saving my life,i would not be alive today if it hadnt been for you.and i pray to God everyday to let me meet you and express my gratitude for saving my life"
"dont mention.we should give all thanks to God.because i almost left you there when no one was willing to help me"she brought out her phone and they exchanged numbers
"i will call you as my family is so eager to meet you.they will be so happy to see you.i hope you dont mind if i invite you over to my house"
"of course"
"so what did you come to buy in this supermarket"
"i came to do some shopping.no change my wardrobe"
"everything you are going to buy will be on me"
"dont bother"
"its not a bother,am happy to do it.dont worry and shop to your hearts content"
"alright.sorry i never caught your name?"
"oh my bad.my name is comfort arowosegbe.
"am richard williams.any relationship with mr ike arowosegbe."
"yes he is my father"
"what!your father.he is one of the most respected politicians in nigeria today am a fan of his.its an honour to meet you"
"am more honoured to meet someone as nice as you"
"you flatter me too much.and if you dont mind i need to do my shopping quickly as i have to go somewhere"
"of course i will be waiting for you at the counter"
"alright"he pushed the trolley forward and continued with his shopping.after he was done he went to the counter and met her there.as she had earlier said she paid for everything he bought.he waved her goodbye and headed out.he got into his car and drove off....TBC
the next day when he got to work emeka was already in the office.even though he was promoted to a high position to the amazement of many people,he was still his friend and they spoke comfortably with each other.
"good morning emeka."
"good morning sir"
"emeka i told you am always your friend no matter how high i am in life,so stop with all the sir,just speak casual like before to me"
"alright"
"guess who i met yesterday when i went to do my shopping"he looked curious
"who?"
"do you remember the lady i helped on my wedding day"
"yes the lady you said you met in her own pool of blood"
"i met her yesterday and she turned out to be the daughter of the famous politician mr ike arowosegbe"emeka opened his mouth in shock
"are you serious?"
"she even paid for everything i bought"
"waohh.thats great.we people are like water we can meet anywhere"
"yeah thats right.anyways we will talk later,have you seen my wife this morning"
"yes,i saw her come in this morning"
"thanks.they shook hands and he headed to his own office...TBC

6 Likes

Re: The contract by pacifust058(m): 6:28pm On Aug 29, 2018
Thanks for this one, but update quiiiiicccccckkkkk o

1 Like

Re: The contract by Dholyboy(m): 6:32pm On Aug 29, 2018
Thanks OP for the update...
Re: The contract by Damtola(f): 8:04pm On Aug 29, 2018
Nice one
Re: The contract by skubido(m): 8:23pm On Aug 29, 2018
OP tanks a lot for the update
Re: The contract by germaphobe(m): 11:01pm On Aug 29, 2018
Small small we don de go all the way up
Re: The contract by Silensa(m): 7:15am On Aug 30, 2018
U are doing a good work Marvel. Are u by any means the Romance side of Apollux's Marvel alliestar in The executive sanction?

Just trying to figure out how this twist will be resolved

1 Like

Re: The contract by izaray(f): 10:17am On Aug 30, 2018
Marvel this ur story the make more snse day by day

Thanks for the update!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (27) (Reply)

Unrequited / I See Things Others Do Not See... / In Memory Only (Romance)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.