Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,018 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Any Man Who Says He Loves His Mother More Than His Wife Is Ignorant-nigerian Man - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Any Man Who Says He Loves His Mother More Than His Wife Is Ignorant-nigerian Man (19215 Views)

'If You Love Your Mother More Than Your Wife, You Made Your Wife Side Chick' / The Most Difficult Age For Any Man / 17-Year-Old Boy Buys A Car For His Mother In Lagos. See Reactions (Photo, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Man Who Says He Loves His Mother More Than His Wife Is Ignorant-nigerian Man by princeemmma(m): 3:56pm On Aug 23, 2018
you say olosho's is better than you mom right?

1 Like

Re: Any Man Who Says He Loves His Mother More Than His Wife Is Ignorant-nigerian Man by Fourwinds: 3:58pm On Aug 23, 2018
zinnyzee:
Lols... They didn't hear it from my mouth o
at least in the near future you will understand why some men may put their mum first...
Re: Any Man Who Says He Loves His Mother More Than His Wife Is Ignorant-nigerian Man by mooregan(m): 3:58pm On Aug 23, 2018
baldman:
The responses to the Poster's comment gives a clear indication as to why divorce rate has been on the increase and as rightly noted by the Poster, the comments so far comes from a place of immaturity and a bit of lack of attention to details. The poster advised that married men should not love their wives more than their mothers (not that they should hate their mothers) and supported it with a bible verse. If you are not a christian or one who is looking to run a christian home, this post is not applicable to you. If you are a christian and you do not agree with the biblical injunction for you to leave your father and mother and cleave to your wife, you case is clearly different, you will need to determine what your religion is.

The love for one's mother should ordinarily not compete with the love one is to have towards his wife, but where choices have to be made, it will be wise to make choices that will preserve your home. Your mother loved you, you should at least love your children too. There is no greater love you can show your children than to make sure that they grow up in the right atmosphere ( a peaceful home where their mum is valued and not considered a former stranger and inferior to grandma). When your wife was being courted, did you make it clear to her at that point that the best she can ever be in your life is a second fiddle and that your true love and loyalty will remain only with your mum?

If your mother truly love you, she will understand the need for you to have a happy home and she will be willing to concede a bit of your attention and affection to your wife. She will even be willing to accept a bit of 'insults' or ignorant disrespect just to make sure your marriage works.

I once heard a christian man tell me that his wife, which he sent out, will not return to his home unless his mother is pleased with her ( she was not respectful enough). So now, the man his without a wife because he chose to make his mother happy. His children are out of his home because he loves his mum and is wife being out of the home pleases her. He is happy now living alone with his happy mother catering for him, probably masturbating away at night and tracking his children on social media. What kind of mother will even allow his son choose her over his wife? You should ask your self, what is at stake, for your family ( your children, your personal fulfillment and speed in life) if you love your wife more than your mother? I can tell you that your future, your family life and the future of your children is at stake if you choose your mother's happiness over that of your wife.

These unusual love for mothers that makes men push their wives out stems from inherent problems in the homes. The mother was treated as a second fiddle by a man who loved his mother more, so she poured all her love and affection on her son who will treat his own wife the way his mother was treated and the wife too will shift her love and attention on her son.. and the cycle continues. I doubt if any man whose father truly loved his mother would ever think twice about whether or not he should love his wife more than his sufficiently loved mum. Check it, most of these 'I love my Mum' campaigners are from dysfunctional homes (raised by mum alone or in a loveless marriage).

Let the mothers reserve their love for husband, let their sons love their wives and protect them like their fathers did to their mothers. This is healthier, otherwise, your wife can never stand a chance when placed side by side your Mother, it is not fair to bring any woman into such situation, particularly as you got her into the marriage claiming that you love her.

Marry a woman that truly loves you and she will care about everything you love, including your Mum. Your home is hers, not your Mum's. Your heart is hers, not your Mum's and your future is definitely hers, not your Mum's. Both of you will care for your Mum until she is gone. She will cry more than you when your mum is gone, and at that critical time, you will find true solace in her bossom. She is your future Mum if you love her enough to win her love.

At last, it gladens my heart that someone finally can read and comprehend.

God bless you for this comment

1 Like

Re: Any Man Who Says He Loves His Mother More Than His Wife Is Ignorant-nigerian Man by Amberon1: 4:03pm On Aug 23, 2018
If your future wife is a hoe doesn't mean every girl is a hoe. You won't like it if women call you guys criminals so desist from calling women hoes. If you refer to them as hoes then you will definitely attract a hoe into your life as a wife.

That being said I completely agree with the rest of your post. I cannot love a man half as much as I love my mom and dad.
A spouse can switch up at any time but your parents especially your mother can never change towards you.
killsmith:
I should love my wife, a former stranger, who'll likely cheat on me more than my mother, who birthed me and sacrificed everything to see me stand?

Thunder from Zambia fire you and everybody wey dey support this nonsense.

That is how these hoes will get married to you and separate you from your family so that they can enjoy the wealth they didn't work for.....

Smh....

3 Likes

Re: Any Man Who Says He Loves His Mother More Than His Wife Is Ignorant-nigerian Man by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 23, 2018
Fourwinds:
at least in the near future you will understand why some men may put their mum first...
Of course i will
Re: Any Man Who Says He Loves His Mother More Than His Wife Is Ignorant-nigerian Man by NwaliE01: 4:04pm On Aug 23, 2018
When I tell some men that weed is not good for their brain, they would not hear.
Just see the effect on this man of madness.
Re: Any Man Who Says He Loves His Mother More Than His Wife Is Ignorant-nigerian Man by AmazonTopaz(f): 4:05pm On Aug 23, 2018
Jiang:

So you women don't listen to mommy's advice, Madam my mom comes first, her & my kids are on same level & the wife is slightly below, How can a woman who just saw you with all ur 32 teeth compared to the one who laboured you

What your mother did is expected of her no complain,parents have responsibilities to their children same way children have responsibilities to their parents.My mother also carried me for nine months and laboured for me.I am sure if your wife tells you that her father paid her fees,carried her as a child took her to school and gave her the best and she is daddy's girl and puts you in third place and listens to daddy's decision on how to run the matrimonial home you would love it.If you would love it then this your comment is well applauded.Do not give what you cannot eat.

No one is saying that mothers are not important but when you are married your immediate priority is your nuclear family which is your wife and kids your mother has a husband.When issues that concern you and your wife as to the decisions you both take should be between both of you and not your mother.As for me I cannot marry a mommy's boy that does not know how to draw a thin line between his wife and mother and is willing to make his mother's(decision superior to that of his wife)override or influence him particularly in relation to his immediate family which involves his wife.In simple terms
Anyman who would listen to his mother over me especially when it concerns us cannot marry me.
I am not being selfish because when I get married no matter how much I love my parents I would know that my spouse and kids come first.
And for your information,my mommy and daddy mean the world to me but I definitely know where my priorities would lie when it concerns my immediate family which is my husband and children.

3 Likes

Re: Any Man Who Says He Loves His Mother More Than His Wife Is Ignorant-nigerian Man by Fourwinds: 4:08pm On Aug 23, 2018
zinnyzee:
Of course i will
good cool
zinnyzee:
Of course i will
good
Re: Any Man Who Says He Loves His Mother More Than His Wife Is Ignorant-nigerian Man by Fourwinds: 4:08pm On Aug 23, 2018
zinnyzee:
Of course i will
cool
zinnyzee:
Of course i will
Re: Any Man Who Says He Loves His Mother More Than His Wife Is Ignorant-nigerian Man by AljaanIVQ007(m): 4:10pm On Aug 23, 2018
Na Satan go fry your destiny for hell fire,God go punish you this bastard wey just Bleep one godforsaken slay queen wey don dey post u for long time,I once thought like this fool,thinking I was mature,until I realized how limitless a motherly love can go irrespective of any circumstances,without shame!
See ehn,na God go punish you o,na small boys like u go collect ur small salary go use am impress woman come leave ur mama for dirty house,na person like u go believe any accusation laid upon ur mum by ur wife for not giving birth.How many slay queens can starve for you like forever? How many ladies can sit in the sun to sell for your sake to go to school? How far can a lady go with you when she confirms that you have nothing to offer? Well maybe you never had a mother,and for those ladies shouting yes,because you've been impressed,one day that same man will impregnate you and you'll give birth to a boy hopefully, till then,you will never understand how unbreakable the bond is.
Mr Bastard sorry o,it seems you never had a mum,and if you do go and look into her teary eyes and say this,as for me I quote a gangster TUPAC "Ain't no woman that can take my mother's place" peace out.
Re: Any Man Who Says He Loves His Mother More Than His Wife Is Ignorant-nigerian Man by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 4:12pm On Aug 23, 2018
adontcare:
Tell them
keep quiet there. Useless girl
Re: Any Man Who Says He Loves His Mother More Than His Wife Is Ignorant-nigerian Man by Amberon1: 4:12pm On Aug 23, 2018
This girl.....sense will not kill you.
pocohantas:
I don't see myself loving any man more than my father and family.

So, I understand men who 'love' their mum a whole lot. The bond is different, the love is different.

Just be diplomatic about it. That's what I plan to do, be diplomatic about it. My kids, my father, then my husband...in that order wink.
Re: Any Man Who Says He Loves His Mother More Than His Wife Is Ignorant-nigerian Man by lloyds(m): 4:13pm On Aug 23, 2018
Mothers a lovely and always there anytime. .

Girls of now days, they are scary and materialistic. Their love is mostly conditional. .

But scriptures instructs us to be one with our wife, she should be our first love.

Only God can help to make this happen. It's very difficult for man to love wife above mother.

3 Likes

Re: Any Man Who Says He Loves His Mother More Than His Wife Is Ignorant-nigerian Man by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 4:15pm On Aug 23, 2018
killsmith:
I should love my wife, a former stranger, who'll likely cheat on me more than my mother, who birthed me and sacrificed everything to see me stand?

Thunder from Zambia fire you and everybody wey dey support this nonsense.

That is how these hoes will get married to you and separate you from your family so that they can enjoy the wealth they didn't work for.....

Smh....
God bless you bro.
my mother raised me from childhood and sponsored me thru out my university and made me who I am just for one useless stranger to build her success on my career and get married to me all because of my success whom my mother is the foundation.
Hmm brother naija girls of nowadays are scam

2 Likes

Re: Any Man Who Says He Loves His Mother More Than His Wife Is Ignorant-nigerian Man by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 4:18pm On Aug 23, 2018
Yawa4politics9j:
It all depends on how close you are to your mum...For instance a man who did not really experience the sacrifice or love made by his mum will find it more easy and better to love his wife more meanwhile a man who is fully aware of the sacrifices and love made by his mum would not want to love his wife more than his mum...There is a little of sense in what he said and that is because he didn't experience much love and sacrifices from his mum, but in the other way round it is relative...my advice is love both your mother and wife in the same way, because one brought you into this world and the other will bring your children into this world...they both deserve to be loved

You get level. �
Re: Any Man Who Says He Loves His Mother More Than His Wife Is Ignorant-nigerian Man by AljaanIVQ007(m): 4:23pm On Aug 23, 2018
AmazonTopaz:

What your mother did is expected of her no complain,parents have responsibilities to their children same way children have responsibilities to their parents.My mother also carried me for nine months and laboured for me.I am sure if your wife tells you that her father paid her fees,carried her as a child took her to school and gave her the best and she is daddy's girl and puts you in third place and listens to daddy's decision on how to run the matrimonial home you would love it.If you would love it then this your comment is well applauded.Do not give what you cannot eat.

No one is saying that mothers are not important but when you are married your immediate priority is your nuclear family which is your wife and kids your mother has a husband.When issues that concern you and your wife as to the decisions you both take should be between both of you and not your mother.As for me I cannot marry a mommy's boy that does not know how to draw a thin line between his wife and mother and is willing to make his mother's(decision superior to that of his wife)override or influence him particularly in relation to his immediate family which involves his wife.In simple terms
Anyman who would listen to his mother over me especially when it concerns us cannot marry me.
I am not being selfish because when I get married no matter how much I love my parents I would know that my spouse and kids come first.
And for your information,my mommy and daddy mean the world to me but I definitely know where my priorities would lie when it concerns my immediate family which is my husband and children.

madam good wife go sit down,carry ur love make u put m for ur pocket,we don see things,ask 9ice,ask tonto dike,ask tiwa,ask timaya,ask lace berg slim ask Tupac,I respect women o but I can't sleep on their laps with my two eyes closed,abeg no vex
Re: Any Man Who Says He Loves His Mother More Than His Wife Is Ignorant-nigerian Man by AmazonTopaz(f): 4:26pm On Aug 23, 2018
AljaanIVQ007:

madam good wife go sit down,carry ur love make u put m for ur pocket,we don see things,ask 9ice,ask tonto dike,ask tiwa,ask timaya,ask lace berg slim ask Tupac,I respect women o but I can't sleep on their laps with my two eyes closed,abeg no vex
It seems you quoted the wrong person.I don't care so no need quoting me.

1 Like

Re: Any Man Who Says He Loves His Mother More Than His Wife Is Ignorant-nigerian Man by Waakanda: 4:29pm On Aug 23, 2018
ibroauthen:

If perhaps you are a woman I pray that your children should abandon you and cling unto their wives as you indirectly so wish for your boyfriend's or husband's mom right now

I decree such becomes your portion as your words return to you with full force... Litagaya... and so shall it be.

1 Like

Re: Any Man Who Says He Loves His Mother More Than His Wife Is Ignorant-nigerian Man by AljaanIVQ007(m): 5:07pm On Aug 23, 2018
Yawa4politics9j:
It all depends on how close you are to your mum...For instance a man who did not really experience the sacrifice or love made by his mum will find it more easy and better to love his wife more meanwhile a man who is fully aware of the sacrifices and love made by his mum would not want to love his wife more than his mum...There is a little of sense in what he said and that is because he didn't experience much love and sacrifices from his mum, but in the other way round it is relative...my advice is love both your mother and wife in the same way, because one brought you into this world and the other will bring your children into this world...they both deserve to be loved

A man must leave his mum and starts his life with is wife or baby mama no doubt but how can you advise a realist like myself to give my mum and wife love in the same way? when my wife would only come into my life conditionally but my mum had been in it unconditionally.

2 Likes

Re: Any Man Who Says He Loves His Mother More Than His Wife Is Ignorant-nigerian Man by Divay22(f): 5:11pm On Aug 23, 2018
EzeIgboNwaChukwu:
God bless you bro.
my mother raised me from childhood and sponsored me thru out my university and made me who I am just for one useless stranger to build her success on my career and get married to me all because of my success whom my mother is the foundation.
Hmm brother[b] naija girls of nowadays are scam
[/b]
Your signature is saying otherwise lipsrsealed
Re: Any Man Who Says He Loves His Mother More Than His Wife Is Ignorant-nigerian Man by Nobody: 5:11pm On Aug 23, 2018
it is okay for a man to love his mother most, especially if she is a good woman. The love for his wife may exceed the one he has for his mum only after some years of doing life together with his wife. most ladies nowadays say they can't marry a man who loves his mum and his sisters, I mean if he can't love these women, how would he love his wife undecided

2 Likes

Re: Any Man Who Says He Loves His Mother More Than His Wife Is Ignorant-nigerian Man by AljaanIVQ007(m): 5:14pm On Aug 23, 2018
AmazonTopaz:

It seems you quoted the wrong person.I don't care so no need quoting me.

sorry I'll rectify it.
Re: Any Man Who Says He Loves His Mother More Than His Wife Is Ignorant-nigerian Man by seangy4konji: 5:14pm On Aug 23, 2018
U will die in the vagina pit weh u suck weh make ur mouth deh sly and dido.

Dem son cook better draw soup for did one.

Omokurin ti looo

1 Like

Re: Any Man Who Says He Loves His Mother More Than His Wife Is Ignorant-nigerian Man by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 5:16pm On Aug 23, 2018
Divay22:

[/b]
Your signature is saying otherwise lipsrsealed
What does my signature have to do with my comment here?
How does it relate?
It's obvious you've not been taking your drugs lately.
Osu
Re: Any Man Who Says He Loves His Mother More Than His Wife Is Ignorant-nigerian Man by Nobody: 5:18pm On Aug 23, 2018
just the same way he doesn't expect me to love him more than my mum. The point here us understanding, I will relate with both based on understanding.
Re: Any Man Who Says He Loves His Mother More Than His Wife Is Ignorant-nigerian Man by Divay22(f): 5:23pm On Aug 23, 2018
EzeIgboNwaChukwu:
What does my signature have to do with my comment here?
How does it relate?
It's obvious you've not been taking your drugs lately.
Osu
Nigeria is a great nation with great people
That's what you said and now you're saying all girls are scam grin grin
So girls no follow for the great people...
It's you that have been taking the wrong dose of your drugs tongue
Re: Any Man Who Says He Loves His Mother More Than His Wife Is Ignorant-nigerian Man by Teeboi56: 5:27pm On Aug 23, 2018
Look at u dude
If u ave any problem now u we no the real woman between ur wife and ur mummy
Iyaniwura

1 Like

Re: Any Man Who Says He Loves His Mother More Than His Wife Is Ignorant-nigerian Man by adontcare(f): 5:40pm On Aug 23, 2018
FreeConCiencE:

You will soon become a mother and your son will hate you and love his wife. What goes around comes around.
wish u same

1 Like

Re: Any Man Who Says He Loves His Mother More Than His Wife Is Ignorant-nigerian Man by eaglez(m): 5:40pm On Aug 23, 2018
He is right but all the same it's always difficult to balance,the key is in the hands of the man!
Re: Any Man Who Says He Loves His Mother More Than His Wife Is Ignorant-nigerian Man by adontcare(f): 5:41pm On Aug 23, 2018
enemyofprogress:
sharaaaaaaaaap
truth is bitter
Re: Any Man Who Says He Loves His Mother More Than His Wife Is Ignorant-nigerian Man by adontcare(f): 5:42pm On Aug 23, 2018
fabre4:

you can divorce your wife but you Can never divorce your mother...blood is thicker than water
truth. Love for a mother is a natural flow.

1 Like

Re: Any Man Who Says He Loves His Mother More Than His Wife Is Ignorant-nigerian Man by adontcare(f): 5:44pm On Aug 23, 2018
[quote author=busomma post=70535657][/quote] hv finish with child bearing. And I will encourage my sons to love their wives. I won't be so selfish to allow them love me and hate their wives.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Our Teens, Their Dressing, A Moral Decadence, Who Do We Blame? / My Mom Doesn't Appreciate Me. How Do I Handle This? / Live-In Maids Vs Non-Live-In HouseKeepers: Which Is Preferable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.