Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,139 members, 7,829,071 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

Questions For Hardmirror - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions For Hardmirror (5873 Views)

Back For A Bit. Whats Up And What's All The Madness About? -hardmirror / Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror / Daddy Freeze Would Certainly End An Athiest Or Agnostic. Hardmirror's Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by malvisguy212: 11:29pm On Aug 25, 2018
Emusan:

Smile...he even said he got baptized in the Holy Ghost but ask him about his experience. he'll try to relate it to knowledge cheesy cheesy cheesy
very funny atheists we've got here on nairaland. everyday this guys are reinforcing the definition of atheism, some even believe in spirit, but this one I am hearing now really surprised me, an atheist can spent in tongues, cast out demon ?( something he deny its existence) I just love thread like this, its exposed their ignorance.
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by HardMirror(m): 11:45pm On Aug 25, 2018
malvisguy212:
very funny atheists we've got here on nairaland. everyday this guys are reinforcing the definition of atheism, some even believe in spirit, but this one I am hearing now really surprised me, an atheist can spent in tongues, cast out demon ?( something he deny its existence) I just love thread like this, its exposed their ignorance.
of cos. Demons dont exist. That is why anyone can cast them out. It is all in the head of the 'possessed' person. It is all about understanding the psychological state of the 'possessed person'

This is the problem with religion, you think you have something special but you have been sold snake oil. Nothing special about anything in christianity, why it is easy for me to dump the religion. It is all based on lies and a state of constant self delusion.
Tell me just one single thing that makes a christian special.

4 Likes

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by CAPSLOCKED: 7:54am On Aug 26, 2018
HardMirror:
of cos. Demons dont exist. That is why anyone can cast them out. It is all in the head of the 'possessed' person. It is all about understanding the psychological state of the 'possessed person'

This is the problem with religion, you think you have something special but you have been sold snake oil. Nothing special about anything in christianity, why it is easy for me to dump the religion. It is all based on lies and a state of constant self delusion.
Tell me just one single thing that makes a christian special.

WHAT IS SNAKE OIL grin
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by rekinomtla(m): 8:50am On Aug 26, 2018
Maamin:

Bwahahahaha...Bros this one cracks me up! grin grin grin

grin grin grin they don't even seem to be aware to the fact that they regularly imply their parents and family members are stupid and delusion.
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by alBHAGDADI: 8:57am On Aug 26, 2018
HardMirror:
oh yeah. Speaking in tongues is actually an ability that can be retained over time just like mastery of the keys of a music instrument due to frequent practice over a period of time.

I got baptised in the holy ghost as a young christian, perhaps, about 15- 16years old and prayed in tongues for at least an hour everyday till i was 22-23 when i finally became an atheist.

This has made it easy for me to 'play' with the act. It is not had once your brain is comfortable with allowing your mouth to say things that does not make sense.

Speaking in tongues is difficult for many because our brains resist it. It does not make sense to say ' marishe broski mara shikerebo... ' or what ever jargons one calls speaking in tongues. But with time your brain gets comfortable with it and over time you may even start to try making sense from the gibberish in belief that you are speaking by the spirit.

ADDITIONALLY

It is possible for an atheist to cast out demons.
The speaking in tongues you are talking about is the type done by penticeostal churches. What they do is say gibberish whivhbdont make sense.

The speaking in tongues as seen in the Bible is actual human languages. When the disciples first spoke in tongues, they were speaking different human languages. The people of different tribes and nations that where present could hear then speak in their language.

If you are soeakingnin tongues and no one understands you, then what you are saying is rubbish.

Speaking in tongues is good when you find yourself in a foreign land whose language you don't understand. The Holy Spirit can overwhelm you and make you speak their language.
.So you see, you never spoke in tongues. What you did was mumble some gibberish.

1 Like

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by HardMirror(m): 10:20am On Aug 26, 2018
rekinomtla:

grin grin grin they don't even seem to be aware to the fact that they regularly imply their parents and family members are stupid and delusion.
i have said it several times here. That my dad and mum, siblings and all are silly to believe the bible despite being shown the holes in the stories they hold true. So dont think people like me are sentimental.
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by HardMirror(m): 10:25am On Aug 26, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
The speaking in tongues you are talking about is the type done by penticeostal churches. What they do is say gibberish whivhbdont make sense.

The speaking in tongues as seen in the Bible is actual human languages. When the disciples first spoke in tongues, they were speaking different human languages. The people of different tribes and nations that where present could hear then speak in their language.

If you are soeakingnin tongues and no one understands you, then what you are saying is rubbish.

Speaking in tongues is good when you find yourself in a foreign land whose language you don't understand. The Holy Spirit can overwhelm you and make you speak their language.
.So you see, you never spoke in tongues. What you did was mumble some gibberish.
lol! This is even more silly than those speaking gibberish. Do you know why penticostals not speak gibberish and call it 'speaking in tongues'? Because they know it is impossible to speak languages they have no knowledge of. You are even more silly to think you can speak foreign languages by a so called holy spirit influence.

2 Likes

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by rekinomtla(m): 10:36am On Aug 26, 2018
HardMirror:
i have said it several times here. That my dad and mum, siblings and all are silly to believe the bible despite being shown the holes in the stories they hold true. So dont think people like me are sentimental.

no no I'm talking about atheists that say theists are irrational, stupid and delusion and that only a complete idiot would believe in christianity. Does that perfectly described your family according to you? grin are they just a bunch of guilble grass eating sheeples?
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by HardMirror(m): 10:43am On Aug 26, 2018
rekinomtla:

no no I'm talking about atheists that say theists are irrational, stupid and delusion and that only a complete idiot would believe in christianity. Does that perfectly described your family according to you? grin are they just a bunch of grass eaters?
yes it does. You think i would feel reproach that my family are the typical foolish africans? It describes them, describes yours and the over 2billion christians, over 1billion muslims and any religious person. It requires foolishness to be religious. Does that make atheists wise?? Absolutely no. We are all stvpid one way or the other including me posting this. As for the grass eating part, i feel sorry for you that your parent are deranged to the level of eating grass. What a pity

1 Like

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by rekinomtla(m): 10:47am On Aug 26, 2018
HardMirror:
yes it does. You think i would feel reproach that my family are the typical foolish africans? It describes them, describes yours and the over 2billion christians, over 1billion muslims and any religious person. It requires foolishness to be religious. Does that make atheists wise?? Absolutely no. We are all stvpid one way or the other including me posting this. As for the grass eating part, i feel sorry for you that your parent are deranged to the level of eating grass. What a pity

grin grin grin why should I take you seriously when you admitting (and even arguing for) that you were raised by a bunch of idiots.

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Maamin(m): 10:55am On Aug 26, 2018
rekinomtla:

Lol!, most of them can't even disclose to their closest relatives about their new way of life but quickly run to Nairaland making noise and claiming to be an Atheist.

There is the other one that claims he still speak in tongues and do cast out demons and also goes to church. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Maamin(m): 11:13am On Aug 26, 2018
rekinomtla:

grin grin grin why should I take you seriously when you admitting (and even arguing for) that you were raised by a bunch of idiots.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by HardMirror(m): 11:34am On Aug 26, 2018
rekinomtla:

cos i see your own parents as idiots too. At leaston the subject of religion i cant defend my parent no need being emotional about it. I know you are using those words cos you think it would hurt me. There is no point engaging you cos you cant see that you and my parent are on the same page, if you call them idiots cos they are christians, then you insult yourself and everyone in your family who are just like my own christian parents. The joke is on you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Maamin(m): 11:46am On Aug 26, 2018
HardMirror:

Were you able to tell it to your dad and mum that they are silly, stupid, a no brainer, and all other derogatory names you call theist on this forum? grin
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by rekinomtla(m): 11:55am On Aug 26, 2018
HardMirror:
cos i see your own parents as idiots too. At leaston the subject of religion i cant defend my parent no need being emotional about it. I know you are using those words cos you think it would hurt me. There is no point engaging you cos you cant see that you and my parent are on the same page, if you call them idiots cos they are christians, then you insult yourself and everyone in your family who are just like my own christian parents. The joke is on you

grin I'm not the one calling them idiots, you are.

1 Like

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by HardMirror(m): 12:04pm On Aug 26, 2018
rekinomtla:

grin I'm not the one calling them idiots, you are.
oh yeah, cos they fall into the group i call idiots, not because they are independently or exclusively idiots. So dont make it look like i single them out. You fall into the group, your family members are also part of the group. So what is the fuss?

2 Likes

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by HardMirror(m): 12:05pm On Aug 26, 2018
Maamin:

Were you able to tell it to your dad and mum that they are silly, stupid, a no brainer, and all other derogatory names you call theist on this forum? grin
interested in my family issue when you are not a member or just trying to sound funny. Hahahaha
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by rekinomtla(m): 12:06pm On Aug 26, 2018
HardMirror:
oh yeah, cos they fall into the group i call idiots, not because they are independently or exclusively idiots. So dont make it look like i single them out. You fall into the group, your family members are also part of the group. So what is the fuss?

grin grin grin do you hear yourself? Do you understand the words that are coming out your mouth?
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by iamdannyfc(m): 12:21pm On Aug 26, 2018
@tintingz , are you a lawyer? ( I admire your knowledge)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by tintingz(m): 1:03pm On Aug 26, 2018
iamdannyfc:
@tintingz , are you a lawyer? ( I admire your knowledge)
Lol, thanks... I'm not a lawyer tho.
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Maamin(m): 1:27pm On Aug 26, 2018
HardMirror:
interested in my family issue when you are not a member or just trying to sound funny. Hahahaha

Interested in what/and how you said it...that's all cheesy
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by HardMirror(m): 1:29pm On Aug 26, 2018
Maamin:

Interested in what/and how you said it...that's all cheesy
ok. Cool
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by hopefulLandlord: 1:40pm On Aug 26, 2018
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by CAPSLOCKED: 1:51pm On Aug 26, 2018
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 26, 2018
Lol@y'all saying I'm an atheist. In what part of the thread did I claim to be one?I strongly believe in God but I no longer see myself as a Christian or even as a religious person
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by HardMirror(m): 3:16pm On Aug 26, 2018
raptex:
Lol@y'all saying I'm an atheist. In what part of the thread did I claim to be one?I strongly believe in God but I no longer see myself as a Christian or even as a religious person
how was church today?
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Nobody: 3:28pm On Aug 26, 2018
HardMirror:
how was church today?
You know,"the usual"

1 Like

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 26, 2018
festwiz:
Raptex,

I'd advice playing along for now. You can tell the world of your religious views when you are independent/self sufficient.

#peace
OK,I'll do that for now
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by wirinet(m): 3:37pm On Aug 26, 2018
raptex:
How do I break the news that I'm no more a Christian to my parents.My Dad doesn't take it lightly with me and my siblings if we decide not to attend church programmes

Why do you want to break the "news" that you are an atheist to anyone? Is your becoming an atheist newsworthy?

I have been an atheist for over 30 years and I had never broken the "news" to anyone.

I just don't participate in any religious activity, I don't join my family in all the prayers they do. My mum still come to my house and hold morning devotion every morning. Only my children participate in the earning morning prayers. My wife hold night vigils with her friends in my house every Friday night. I only warn them not to make noise.
Everyone I interact with knows I don't care about religion and have learnt to let me be.

My philosophy is live and let live. As long as you do not disturb me, I will not disturb you.

Becoming an Atheist to be is like achieving self realisation, a kind of nirvana, it is not a news worthy event.

3 Likes

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 26, 2018
wirinet:

Why do you want to break the "news" that you are an atheist to anyone? Is your becoming an atheist newsworthy?

I have been an atheist for over 30 years and I had never broken the "news" to anyone.

I just don't participate in any religious activity, I don't join my family in all the prayers they do. My mum still come to my house and hold morning devotion every morning. Only my children participate in the earning morning prayers. My wife hold night vigils with her friends in my house every Friday night. I only warn them not to make noise.
Everyone I interact with knows I don't care about religion and have learnt to let me be.

My philosophy is live and let live. As long as you do not disturb me, I will not disturb you.

Becoming an Atheist to be is like achieving self realisation, a kind of nirvana, it is not a news worthy event.
Wow,Is your wife cool with your beliefs?
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by iamdannyfc(m): 4:00pm On Aug 26, 2018
tintingz:
Lol, thanks... I'm not a lawyer tho.
A philosopher ?
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by wirinet(m): 4:05pm On Aug 26, 2018
raptex:
Wow,Is your wife cool with your beliefs?

What can she do? The most important thing is I love her and she loves me, all other issues are secondary.

In the past, she occasionally begs me to attend some service with her (important services and events), which I did because of love. She needed to show me off to her members and pastors. Now, the kids are older, so she goes with the children, while I am home alone. I work half day most Sundays anyway.

With my mum, it was hard while growing up. I only had reprieve when I entered university. I left home not so long after graduation. She has come to accept me about being irreligious. We have never had discussion on theism or atheism.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Made You Become An Atheist / Is Jesus god? / The Sacrificial System, A Perfect Mate Of The Salvation Work Of Jesus Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.