Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,943 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Questions For Hardmirror - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions For Hardmirror (5871 Views)

Back For A Bit. Whats Up And What's All The Madness About? -hardmirror / Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror / Daddy Freeze Would Certainly End An Athiest Or Agnostic. Hardmirror's Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by tintingz(m): 11:11am On Aug 25, 2018
Maamin:
grin if it's the truth you seek and also are convinced in your heart about it and can stand and defend it...you shouldn't be afraid to come open about it to your parents.

I believe there is God, and I can stand anywhere to defend my belief.

You believe there is no God, and you can't even man up to defend it. undecided

embarassed embarassed
In Africa coming out as atheists is highly risky.

3 Likes

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by malvisguy212: 11:27am On Aug 25, 2018
HardMirror:
oh yeah.
It is possible for an atheist to cast out demons.
grin
HardMirror:
oh yeah.
It is possible for an atheist to cast out demons.
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by malvisguy212: 11:28am On Aug 25, 2018
dp
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by HardMirror(m): 12:33pm On Aug 25, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
You see wrong.
Though I am a free born, whether you accept it or not, both you and I, are slaves to the authority of God

The only person doing arguments on this thread and often elsewhere on this forum is you

Sums you up
Have you just been back from a voyage of self-discovery about yourself?

In my own right, I am a figure of authority
and my middle name is Maverick.

Common sense should tell you this isnt always true
and that true human survival and existence has been a function of relying on blind faith when confronted with things we cannot prove

You have to be wicked, self centred, have no compasion, no conscience etcetera for you or anyone else for that matter, to be against religion
Not that you know, what true, pure and religion that is without fault is
"Religion is like having a classroom", he claims. Indeed. SMH.

I suffer ignoramuses gladly
I am patient with them but not with those who are proud of their ignorance(s).
You can come back for more slam dunks
[img]https://s1/images/MuttWipesHandSmif[/img]
you patting yourself on the back does not mean you made any sense. You faulted from the beginning trying to enforce your believe in god. ' whether i believe it or not, god has authority over me'? Lol. That is how dodos think.

5 Likes

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Maamin(m): 1:34pm On Aug 25, 2018
tintingz:
In Africa coming out as atheists is highly risky.

With freedom to practice any belief system you like in Nigeria..i don't think "highly risky" should be the right words. No not at all wink
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Maamin(m): 1:39pm On Aug 25, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

YOU CAN STAND ANYWHERE IN YOUR HOUSE AND ON THIS FORUM TO BEAT YOUR CHEST.

TRY IT ON THE STREETS OF KANO OR SOKOTO AND THY GOD WILL DISAPPOINT YOU BADLY. HE'LL FOLD HIS ARMS AND WATCH IN HD WHILE DRINKING PALMWINE HOW ABOKI'S BUTCHER YOU LIKE SALLAH MEAT.

If the area or Street in Sokoto permits evangelism why not. What are you afraid of death for? An Atheist afraid of death isn't life suppose to be meaningless according to you.

1 Like

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by RuthlessLeader(m): 1:49pm On Aug 25, 2018
Maamin:

If the area or Street in Sokoto permits evangelism why not. What are you afraid of death for? An Atheist afraid of death isn't life suppose to be meaningless according to you.
No. Atheism just means not believing that god or gods exists(like how you don't believe lord of the rings is real). What you are talking about is nihilism which any atheist is free to believe or disbelieve.

I as an atheist believe that my life doesn't have a purpose chosen for me by someone else. My purpose and the meaning of life is the one I choose to make of it by my own free will to the best of my ability.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Maamin(m): 1:52pm On Aug 25, 2018
Dalamama:

Ogbeni, man up, go to any Mosques in Kaduna or Kano and defend Jesus by telling the people inside the mosques that they are lying when they say that Jesus is not the son of God and let's see how it ends up for you. Until you do that don't come here and be lying that you can sya d anywhere and defend your faith. It is a lie and you are a liar. Yu can't go to any mosque in the north and defend your faith against those that claim your faith is false.

Only if you understood my point before you replied. Did I say the newly Atheist convert should go and attack other belief system in their places of worship to prove to them that his belief is superior?. Understand before you reply next time. undecided

FYI I was born and brought up in the north. If you ask me of my faith and what I belief I will stand and tell you with meekness.

1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

The dude is convinced in his heart of the hope or newly found believe. He shouldn't pretend to disclose it to his parents by engaging in religious activity he no long profess.
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Maamin(m): 2:09pm On Aug 25, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

I wonder why maamin hasn't gone to sambisa forest to defend his belief there rather than call others cowards on the internet straight from the comfort of his parent's house in a family filled with Christians, house located in an area where Christians constitute overwhelming majority, area where there are more churches than schools, hospitals, nursing homes combined

The dude claim to be a new convert to the "there is is no God thingy" but afraid to tell the people as close to you as the parents that gave birth to you...or afraid to summon the courage to tell them, what truth do you really possess again that you find difficult to tell? Is he still going to keep pretending to go to church with his parents?

U said I called him coward? Wow! Thanks for helping me out there anyway.

I did not ask him to go to church or mosque or Sambisa to do so. If only those in Sambisa will also not trouble other people's faith as well.
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Maamin(m): 2:19pm On Aug 25, 2018
NPComplete:

Another stupid comparison by people incapable of deep thought. Are u a Christian? If u are I will like to see u try and defend ur faith in deep Afghanistan or Pakistan. If u can't go there and do that, just shut the hell up. That should give u an inkling about what atheists and even fringe religions face in an unevolved society like Nigeria. So stop boasting about needing to defend theism. There is usually no reason for us to defend theism in Nigeria.

Deep thought indeed. Who ask him to go to Afghanistan or Pakistan to go and proclaim his newly found belief?

Your new disciple can't even tell his own parent, is what the concern is all about. So he will have to keep pretending to go to church or what? Now that is stupid.
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by hopefulLandlord: 2:20pm On Aug 25, 2018
Maamin:

The dude claim to be a new convert to the "there is is no God thingy" but afraid to tell the people as close to you as the parents that gave birth to you...or afraid to summon the courage to tell them, what truth do you really possess again that you find difficult to tell? Is he still going to keep pretending to go to church with his parents?

U said I called him coward? Wow! Thanks for helping me out there anyway.

I did not ask him to go to church or mosque or Sambisa to do so. If only those in Sambisa will also not trouble other people's faith as well.

Stop hyperventilating and rambling

You're not in his shoes, you have no idea the parents he has, there's no reward for his telling his people (unlike Christianity who has some imaginary heaven to look forward to), you have no idea how telling his parents might affect his life, you have no idea if telling them would have its desired effect (they might force him to go to church, they might start exorcising him, they might start weeping for him, they might start feeling like a failure, they might emotionally blackmail him, they might start thinking he's joined secret cult, they might start saying some devil is controlling him etc), they might stop supporting him, they might even kill him (as crazy as it sounds)

Its not lack of conviction that makes it hard for him. its the potential consequences that makes him reticent about it

9 Likes

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Maamin(m): 2:28pm On Aug 25, 2018
[quote author=RuthlessLeader post=70597759]
No. Atheism just means not believing that god or gods exists(like how you don't believe lord of the rings is real). What you are talking about is nihilism which any atheist is free to believe or disbelieve.

Lol..
You: Not believing that...
Me: Believe that there is no..

1+2 = 3
2+1 = 3

Same thing bro! wink

I as an atheist believe that my life doesn't have a purpose chosen for me by someone else. My purpose and the meaning of life is the one I choose to make of it by my own free will to the best of my ability.

Good for you
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by tintingz(m): 2:30pm On Aug 25, 2018
Maamin:

With freedom to practice any belief system you like in Nigeria..i don't think "highly risky" should be the right words. No not at all wink
Lol, do you understand what risky means? It means it's dangerous and not safe.

I can remember a Christian woman killed somewhere in the northern Nigeria for preaching her beliefs, so it's risky. If you're courage enough and have balls, I dare you to go to Borno and start preaching your beliefs.
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Tozara(m): 2:35pm On Aug 25, 2018
Maamin:

Dude, like seriously? Are you for real?

Your brain must be a vestigial organ.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Tozara(m): 2:38pm On Aug 25, 2018
Maamin:

[s]Deep thought indeed. Who ask him to go to Afghanistan or Pakistan to go and proclaim his newly found belief?

Your new disciple can't even tell his own parent, is what the concern is all about. So he will have to keep pretending to go to church or what? Now that is stupid.[/s]

You people should stop replying this guy. He doesn't have any meaningful thing to say.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Maamin(m): 2:46pm On Aug 25, 2018
[quote author=hopefulLandlord post=70598519]

Stop hyperventilating and rambling

You're not in his shoes, you have no idea the parents he has, there's no reward for his telling his people (unlike Christianity who has some imaginary heaven to look forward to), you have no idea how telling his parents might affect his life, you have no idea if telling them would have its desired effect (they might force him to go to church, they might start exorcising him, they might start weeping for him, they might start feeling like a failure, they might emotionally blackmail him, they might start thinking he's joined secret cult, they might start saying some devil is controlling him etc)

All the above remain uncertain, figment of your imagination, and speculation...he is true to himself to feel convinced in his newly found belief or unbelieve, which means 99% job well done. He shouldn't be forced to church against his will any longer by his parents. Take that deep breath and and pour your heart out to your parents at the slightest opportunity.

Besides if you are fully sure you don't have demons to be exorcised. What is the fear all about. Shebi na your parents go cast demon tire? Till dem give up grin

Its not lack of conviction that makes it hard for him. its the potential consequences that makes him reticent about it

Compared to his happiness and peace of mind I think is worth it..who knows he might convert his parents as well. Come on what do you think? cheesy
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Maamin(m): 2:50pm On Aug 25, 2018
Tozara:
You people should stop replying this guy. He doesn't have any meaningful thing to say.

Lol..sorry o grin
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Maamin(m): 2:52pm On Aug 25, 2018
Tozara:
Dude, like seriously? Are you for real?

Your brain must be a vestigial organ.

Thank you I will keep mine, you keep yours. grin
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Maamin(m): 3:01pm On Aug 25, 2018
tintingz:
Lol, do you understand what risky means? It means it's dangerous and not safe.

I can remember a Christian woman killed somewhere in the northern Nigeria for preaching her beliefs, so it's risky. If you're courage enough and have balls, I dare you to go to Borno and start preaching your beliefs.

You all still didn't get me hun!, I did not ask your new convert to pick up megaphone and go to restricted area where he is not asked or permitted to speak of his belief. And go and start disturbing them. Surely whatever you see in such act is what you get.
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Maamin(m): 3:09pm On Aug 25, 2018
malvisguy212:
lol. were is pleatton ? come and see your atheists brother who can speak in tongues............I'm beginning to think, very soon atheism will be address as religion.

Of course is a religion of unbelieve grin
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Maamin(m): 3:24pm On Aug 25, 2018
rekinomtla:

He should tell his parents how stupid and delusional he thinks they are.

Bwahahahaha...Bros this one cracks me up! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by hopefulLandlord: 3:29pm On Aug 25, 2018
[quote author=Maamin post=70599028][/quote]
You're just trolling
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by tintingz(m): 3:42pm On Aug 25, 2018
Maamin:

You all still didn't get me hun!, I did not ask your new convert to pick up megaphone and go to restricted area where he is not asked or permitted to speak of his belief. And go and start disturbing them. Surely whatever you see in such act is what you get.

Lol, So telling a very religious families is also safe? Do you remember the man(a chemical engineer) that was taken to a psychiatrist by his family for saying God doesn't exist, if he's tested sane, he would be killed? That's Sharia law on apostates, this happened in the northern Nigeria.

What exactly is your point?
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Maamin(m): 3:49pm On Aug 25, 2018
@Op tomorrow is Sunday and a good opportunity to drop the bombshell of your newly found unbelieve.

Here is what you will do, wake up early morning..while your parents are preparing for Sunday service. Look for the thickest wrapper in the house, tie it around your waist, and put the longest Chewing stick in your mouth...get a Daily Sun news paper and sit leg-crossed in front of the television while you read it.

Yo' parents will surely come at you like: ain't you going to church?

And yo' be like: hey Pops! Hey mom! I no longer believe in God. I'm an Atheist.

Piece of cake! grin
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Maamin(m): 3:50pm On Aug 25, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

You're just trolling

cheesy
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by HardMirror(m): 4:05pm On Aug 25, 2018
Maamin:
@Op tomorrow is Sunday and a good opportunity drop the bombshell of your newly found unbelieve.

Here is what you will do, wake up early morning..while your parents are preparing for Sunday service. Look for the thickest wrapper in the house, tie it around your waist, and put the longest Chewing stick in your mouth...get a Daily Sun news paper and sit leg-crossed in front of the television while you read it.

Yo' parents will surely come at you like: ain't you going to church?

And yo' be like: hey Pops! Hey mom! I no longer believe in God. I'm an Atheist.

Piece of cake! grin
cool. Nice suggestion
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Maamin(m): 4:06pm On Aug 25, 2018
tintingz:
Lol, So telling a very religious families is also safe? Do you remember the man(a chemical engineer) that was taken to a psychiatrist by his family for saying God doesn't exist, if he's tested sane, he would be killed? That's Sharia law on apostates, this happened in the northern Nigeria.

What exactly is your point?

Those are the people that lack religious tolerance. And if the dude was brave enough to remind them of his right to practice any faith of his choice in the constitution it would have at least go a long way for other atheists like Op to emulate now.
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by RuthlessLeader(m): 4:37pm On Aug 25, 2018
Maamin:

What are you trying to say? A better analogy would be: I don't believe you have a dragon in your garage, while you believe there is a dragon in your garage.
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Maamin(m): 5:09pm On Aug 25, 2018
[quote author=RuthlessLeader post=70601922][/quote]

Or I believe you don't have a dragon in your garage. grin

"It is not one Road that leads to the market" grin
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Emusan(m): 7:32pm On Aug 25, 2018
malvisguy212:
lol. were is pleatton ? come and see your atheists brother who can speak in tongues............I'm beginning to think, very soon atheism will be address as religion.

Smile...he even said he got baptized in the Holy Ghost but ask him about his experience. he'll try to relate it to knowledge cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by MuttleyLaff: 7:51pm On Aug 25, 2018
HardMirror:
you patting yourself on the back does not mean you made any sense.
You need to go to SpecsSavers

HardMirror:
You faulted from the beginning trying to enforce your believe in god.
'whether i believe it or not, god has authority over me'? Lol.
You not only take delight in your ignorance(s)
but also have a penchant for giving false and/or misleading account of how posters' comments came about and why were written the way read.

I think you found my response intellectually demanding when I responded to the remark you made about seeing me as a slave to authority.

You couldnt get your head round my reply that said:
"You see wrong.
Though I am a free born, whether you accept it or not, both you and I, are slaves to the authority of God"

Is "... trying to enforce your believe in god" another from your list of collective individual ignorance?

Permit me to rephrase my comment, whether you accept it or not, you are answerable to higher power(s)

HardMirror:
That is how dodos think.
Dodos think of ẹwa aganyin and that special spicy hot sauce
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by festwiz(m): 8:02pm On Aug 25, 2018
Raptex,

I'd advice playing along for now. You can tell the world of your religious views when you are independent/self sufficient.

#peace

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Is Pastor Chris A Fraud? / Did Jesus Drink Alcohol? / Daily Devotional

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.